Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

Is it amusing to anyone else that after mittens pompously denounced toilet eve because „he has to fight a war in real Eve“ he is now try-harding diplomacy-by-proxy for the worst pr alliance possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Mistaken Identity posted:

Is it amusing to anyone else that after mittens pompously denounced toilet eve because „he has to fight a war in real Eve“ he is now try-harding diplomacy-by-proxy for the worst pr alliance possible?

Money talks

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Jintozook81 posted:

Potential Echoes problem. So GEN FED is basically our version of The Imperium, or PAPI. Well over 10k members. 16 in game Alliances. All the other Alliances are folding. Cascade failure. We lost Terran Federation. Golden Horde is now in a civil war. Old Terran, OP4S, Elysium, Death Phantom are all gone. Silent Alliance is hemorrhaging member corps. I’m afraid if this keeps up GEN FED will just roll the server when SOV launches in January. The number of pilots isn’t diminishing. Still like 80k logged in at any given time.

On the plus side they don’t seem to have any coordination or even goodwill between most of their members, I imagine they’ll splinter at some point as long as there is a reason to fight. I guess that’s the crux of it though.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mistaken Identity posted:

Oh it's hilarious, on the other hand there's a money related reason why he's doing it (the method nerd who is hooked on toilet eve is paying him fat stacks to half rear end diplo). If some idiot wanted to throw stacks of cash at me id at least make a half rear end effort. He still couldn't give a poo poo about toilet eve, but money is a powerful motivator.

Arawn
Jul 5, 2020

orange juche posted:

Oh it's hilarious, on the other hand there's a money related reason why he's doing it (the method nerd who is hooked on toilet eve is paying him fat stacks to half rear end diplo). If some idiot wanted to throw stacks of cash at me id at least make a half rear end effort. He still couldn't give a poo poo about toilet eve, but money is a powerful motivator.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Yeah, he's getting paid in IRL cash to take advantage of something everyone on this forum knows doesn't exist: goons respect for him

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
We had info that SHH members were asking Mittani if he had any control or sway over us and if he could help them out to get us off their backs. So yeah, this rent free living is goooooood.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Jintozook81 posted:

Potential Echoes problem. So GEN FED is basically our version of The Imperium, or PAPI. Well over 10k members. 16 in game Alliances. All the other Alliances are folding. Cascade failure. We lost Terran Federation. Golden Horde is now in a civil war. Old Terran, OP4S, Elysium, Death Phantom are all gone. Silent Alliance is hemorrhaging member corps. I’m afraid if this keeps up GEN FED will just roll the server when SOV launches in January. The number of pilots isn’t diminishing. Still like 80k logged in at any given time.

it'd be just like Golden Horde. Yes they had 8 alliance or so full of corps, but they couldn't coordinate and work together to kill VVV

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The real challenge in internet spaceships is being good at making friends and working with them.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

RFC2324 posted:

Yeah, he's getting paid in IRL cash to take advantage of something everyone on this forum knows doesn't exist: goons respect for him

I respect that in goonswarm's heyday, mittens managed to gather enough talented people in the right places to make entertaining stories about space spreadsheets.

Being "super good at making a game sound way better than it is" is a weird job description, but here we are, with him making esport money doing it.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Careful Kris. You pointed out that GSF in eve might be problematic. I hope you have proof or orange juche will have a meltdown.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Snail Information posted:

Careful Kris. You pointed out that GSF in eve might be problematic. I hope you have proof or orange juche will have a meltdown.
Yea it'd be weird if two Imperium directors went and made a corp called [POOH] China Man Bad with a bunch of racist character names and continued to use it for months.

Edit: Or if the organization Mittens is currently representing in Echoes had a [MAGA] corp in their alliance.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Snail Information posted:

No just you you loving weirdo. You're having a meltdown over me posting.

Re: imperium directors, I couldn't point out any of them because I've never known or met any of them. Imperium is full of awful pubbies, I joined back for a couple fights and then quit again because why in the hell am I going to pay to play eve when CCP seems hell bent on making making money awful and poo poo, I'd rather have much more fun playing ffxiv or something. The only person I would be able to identify as an imperium director is mittani, since he's the literal head of the thing.

Also eve is and always has been full of racists, there was an Alliance Tournament team who thought it would be the height of humor online to put 1488 units of Reactive Gas in the cargo holds of each of their ships. They were not banned from the game, or even warned iirc.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 27, 2020

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

orange juche posted:

Also eve is and always has been full of racists, there was an Alliance Tournament team who thought it would be the height of humor online to put 1488 units of Reactive Gas in the cargo holds of each of their ships. They were not banned from the game, or even warned iirc.
It would be awkward if those people ended up playing eve echoes and leading corporations in the alliance Mittani is currently representing.
Oh.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

There is a literal corp in Mittani's alliance named MAGA, posting recruitment ads with actual chud talk

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

all right everyone, I got the all clear from the leaker to post Mittanis response to my diplo statement on 12/23/2020. Mittani gave us a good ol' wall of text.

It's kinda sad cause like in 2008 when I knew Mittani, he would've known what I said was a joke. Obviously not anymore, and I'm sure what y'all about to see is what YOU see mittani as, but I remember him from 2008 so time to scrub the memories.

I'm gonna post my initial statement first, and then give you the full response

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 27, 2020

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

God it's hard to read it's so bad

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
“This isn’t how adults negotiate, anyway back to how high I am...”

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

YOUR TAX DOLLARS HARD AT WORK

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes
That's what $350 an hour or whatever from a "professional game consultant" gets you? I'd ask for my money back.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yall are actually the most annoying goons i've ever played with

the constant holier than thou attitude and fart sniffing is a little over the top, no?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the constant holier than thou attitude and fart sniffing is a little over the top, no?

It's for fun, and to make people like you upset. I'm glad it is being successful on both counts tbh.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

yeah, we beat up TEST and suddenly we think we're genius game consultants. kinda dumb

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Are you sure you didn't mean to post this at Mittani?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

The Shortest Path posted:

It's for fun, and to make people like you upset. I'm glad it is being successful on both counts tbh.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Lol mittens has brain worms

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao stay mad hoes

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:shittypop:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
busta literally tripping over himself trying to own the libs

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

how much money do we want to bet that the prior relationship involved mittens scheme to try and monetize gsf

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

It’s clearly working.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

esto es malo posted:

how much money do we want to bet that the prior relationship involved mittens scheme to try and monetize gsf

what's that bot called that makes almost intelligible sentences? marco? something?

anyways yeah.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

imagine thinking the fart huffing isnt coming from the angry nerd posting 45 minutes of rants about a game he doesnt play cuz someone mentioned gallente cruiser V

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Kaysette posted:

It’s clearly working.

The red text sums up what you need to know. I had to figure out why I had 1001 on ignore and it was from whe. I played Albion online and he was a massive poo poo head there also.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

Kaysette posted:

“This isn’t how adults negotiate, anyway back to how high I am...”

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

esto es malo posted:

imagine thinking the fart huffing isnt coming from the angry nerd posting 45 minutes of rants about a game he doesnt play cuz someone mentioned gallente cruiser V

there, you're getting better

almost human responses

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Khris Kruel posted:

all right everyone, I got the all clear from the leaker to post Mittanis response to my diplo statement on 12/23/2020. Mittani gave us a good ol' wall of text.

It's kinda sad cause like in 2008 when I knew Mittani, he would've known what I said was a joke. Obviously not anymore, and I'm sure what y'all about to see is what YOU see mittani as, but I remember him from 2008 so time to scrub the memories.

I'm gonna post my initial statement first, and then give you the full response

He knows that they were the one's who had the tantrum and left when we pointed out that POOH and several of their characters were racist as gently caress right?

That they were the ones with the Maga corps and chuds?

I don't have the hate for Mittens that a lot of geese have. I saw the coalition cleaned up under his leadership (end racist named fleets as well as general cleaning of a substantial amount of the casual and "ironic" racism that infested the old Goonfleet.

My attitude in all of this is that if Mittens can get the Silent to clean up their act, Then mission loving accomplished and we can invest our energy into making other space bigots miserable enough to change their behavior, it's not like there is a shortage of potential targets out there.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Virigoth posted:

The red text sums up what you need to know. I had to figure out why I had 1001 on ignore and it was from whe. I played Albion online and he was a massive poo poo head there also.

are you telling me he was too garbage for Albion because lmao if so

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Skex posted:

He knows that they were the one's who had the tantrum and left when we pointed out that POOH and several of their characters were racist as gently caress right?

That they were the ones with the Maga corps and chuds?

I don't have the hate for Mittens that a lot of geese have. I saw the coalition cleaned up under his leadership (end racist named fleets as well as general cleaning of a substantial amount of the casual and "ironic" racism that infested the old Goonfleet.

My attitude in all of this is that if Mittens can get the Silent to clean up their act, Then mission loving accomplished and we can invest our energy into making other space bigots miserable enough to change their behavior, it's not like there is a shortage of potential targets out there.

Eat poo poo skex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Game is so good and Geese so good, you got a text wall from Mittens himself.

Goodness gracious how delicous