Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is there a particular reason why we see so many crabs with cigarettes? Are they eating the tobacco or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there a particular reason why we see so many crabs with cigarettes?

Crabs are naturally cool :crab:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is there a particular reason why we see so many crabs with cigarettes? Are they eating the tobacco or something

They'll grab pretty much anything offered to them and then sample it to see if it's good to eat.

Basically, people keep giving cigarettes to crabs.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I keep clicking but it just tells me I'm not qualified :smith:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I keep clicking but it just tells me I'm not qualified :smith:

did you try cliccing?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:aaaaa:

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/mstz5Ry.mp4

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taste like crab, talk like people

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/PerryFellow/status/1341441180102500356

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

creb

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the Relationships thread:

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I'm double posting again and you can't stop me! I'm drunk on lobster power

AITA for buying a pet lobster?

quote:

I (29F) really love weird exotic pets. Right now, I have a few babies - Honey, Lola and Jeanie (3F) are my sugar gliders, Frank (1M) is my hedgehog, and Gloria (9F) is my axolotl. I've always wanted to open up my own exotic rescue if I had the money to, but that's beside the point. Basically, exotic animals are a huge part of my life and always will be.

Please note: I work from home and have since I entered the workforce and plan to continue until I retire. I have more than enough time for all of my animals - the sugar gliders ESPECIALLY need the love.

My BF (I'll call him Brad - 30M) and I have been dating for 8 months and things are starting to get serious. We have not discussed moving in or the future much, but he's the perfect guy in every regard - especially because he LOVES my animals as much as he loves me.

Last week, I decided to spring on an animal I'd been wanting since college - a lobster. I already had an adequately sized tank and was financially able to add a new pet to my squad, so while searching for fish to add to an existing tank, I found lobsters for sale and purchased one. His name is George and he is so perfect! I could watch him for HOURS, he's such a good little guy.

Brad does not agree with me. Brad HATES George.

Brad thinks it was a jerk move to not consult him before purchasing George, even though we don't live together and have no intention to move in together anytime soon. Apparently, if I had asked, he would've said not to buy George because he thinks a lobster is a "stupid" pet and that he serves no purpose other than to be eaten. He threatened to cook George if I did not return him.

Since then, I took away his apartment key and told him off. I asked him not to speak to me or come by my house until I've figured out what to do.

My mom thinks I'm an idiot for turning away a perfect guy over a lobster. She has always disapproved of me for not wanting children and just wanting animals, though, so I take her opinion with a grain of salt. Some of my friends think that Brad was bordering on abusive behavior but I feel that's too rash to say. Another one of my friends pointed out that maybe Brad HAD wanted to move in but I bought George before giving Brad the chance to invite me to move in, so I was really in the wrong.

Since Tuesday, I have not seen or spoken to Brad, but we are technically still dating. I don't know what to do.

Please, Reddit, AITA for buying a pet lobster?

ETA: All my pets are captive-bred, as were their parents and likely their grandparents. They are not suitable for the wild and are not wild animals. If I released them to their "natural habitats" they would not survive. I do not support wild-caught exotic pets and never will.

ETA 2: My animals have the proper enclosures and are absolutely spoiled rotten. My pets are my babies and I could never do anything but give them the best life possible.

Should hook up with "lobster over my housemate kids" guy, I hear he's got a meat slicer, quite a catch

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 23, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/leUDSXk.gifv

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

wow I didn't realize crabs do tai chi

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress around and snip snop

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Fight Crab is 20% off on Steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvrM0tq1xNo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sup shitlords

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

sup shitlords

Nice, a lot of pet owners don't take the time to give their human regular exercise

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MontereyAq/status/1333508594403184641

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mak0rz posted:

wow I didn't realize crabs do tai chi

They invented it

naem
May 29, 2011

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

ekuNNN posted:

From the Relationships thread:

Should hook up with "lobster over my housemate kids" guy, I hear he's got a meat slicer, quite a catch

i'm imagining some old person dying with a like 25lb pet lobster theyve had for 60 years and the whole family having a huge schism over whether or not to cook it

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

BasicLich posted:

i'm imagining some old person dying with a like 25lb pet lobster theyve had for 60 years and the whole family having a huge schism over whether or not to cook it

I did some googling because of this post and I learned lobsters can live for 100 years and can get up to 4 feet long and weigh up to 60 lbs. That's an insane amount of snip snop. 🦞

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

:yeeclaw:

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

hydroceramics posted:

I did some googling because of this post and I learned lobsters can live for 100 years and can get up to 4 feet long and weigh up to 60 lbs. That's an insane amount of snip snop. 🦞

marine biologists believe they might be immortal under the right conditions, typically a lobster dies of natural causes because larger carapaces are difficult to molt so if you devised a way to assist them when they need to molt its possible you could wind up with a very long-lived critter

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BasicLich posted:

marine biologists believe they might be immortal

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/faineg/status/1341848235745435655

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:holy::holy::pray::zoid::crab::yeeclaw::pray::holy::holy:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/sgm4YM4.gifv

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Pet... or PINCH!?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:hmmyes: a respectful hop :crab:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The best game of musical chair in the whole of history

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I hope crab and lobster are ok :ohdear:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

my dog is a traitor

Friendship ENDED with crab.

https://i.imgur.com/gihlxew.mp4

Now LOBSTER is my best friend.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Happy Holidays, frondz! My fiancée got me a tote bag (so I would stop taking hers to the farmers market and bringing it home full of dirt) and she had it monogrammed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

bloody ghost titty posted:

Happy Holidays, frondz! My fiancée got me a tote bag (so I would stop taking hers to the farmers market and bringing it home full of dirt) and she had it monogrammed:

Extremely blessed :crab: