Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Hodgepodge is the second best poster on the previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

T-man posted:

thank you!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

T-man posted:

dare I fly so close to the sun?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

sorry you got owned in succzone lol

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hodgepodge posted:

I was mostly shifting back there during the election and since because the dems are relevant again (despite their best efforts). I guess the treason of the coward Bernie Sanders was hard on the thread.

u had a huge meltdown then called the whole thread nazis because they didn’t agree with your weird aggro posts accusing other posters of being racist.

but sure, go off. :nsa:

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I was mostly shifting back there during the election and since because the dems are relevant again (despite their best efforts). I guess the treason of the coward Bernie Sanders was hard on the thread.

Some of my most enlightening online conversations started with me frothing at the mouth and calling everyone racists (and getting thoroughly owned)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i only read the succzone when there's drama

anyway come visit the cspam weed and cats thread if u have cat pics or weed

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

Fly Molo posted:

u had a huge meltdown then called the whole thread nazis because they didn’t agree with your weird aggro posts accusing other posters of being racist.

but sure, go off. :nsa:

heh, you guys remind me, of all things, of my mother

long story short, its a great attitude if you want your kid to have a story about the time first nations people tried to kill their parent with literal black magic

(yes this is confirmed by actual people from the community in question)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

long story short, its a great attitude if you want your kid to have a story about the time first nations people tried to kill their parent with literal black magic

what does any of this mean

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hodgepodge posted:

is this trying to be an own or something

I’m uhhh sorry your mom was hosed up? idk

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

Fly Molo posted:

is this trying to be an own or something

I’m uhhh sorry your mom was hosed up? idk

it means that your intentions and ideology dont count for poo poo and if it weren't for the privilege of being the colonizer, they wouldn't have used a ceremony

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
You need to take a break

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hodgepodge posted:

it means that your intentions and ideology dont count for poo poo and if it weren't for the privilege of being the colonizer, they wouldn't have used a ceremony

is this why the entire succ zone is nazis now, I’d go

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Hodgepodge posted:

:thunk:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

Kindest Forums User posted:

You need to take a break

don't get me wrong, its mostly just interesting and probably more insightful in terms of why I take these things really seriously than as a critique of the arguments people were making

you don't really need any special circumstances to understand that treating people in real life the way you do on the forums can lead to violence, that's just being a goon

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i dont get it, so is the forum your mom in this situation

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

feel like im having a stroke rn, can the drama stay in the succzone plz

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

THS posted:

i dont get it, so is the forum your mom in this situation

nah, they would be...

your mom

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
this thread is now just as cspam modded as the rest of the forum

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

swimsuit posted:

this thread is now just as cspam modded as the rest of the forum

you knew this was comin

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

you knew this was comin

it’s always coming

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

it’s always coming

congrats to this thread for lasting longer than thomas sankara's rule in burkina faso

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i say swears online posted:

congrats to this thread for lasting longer than thomas sankara's rule in burkina faso

this is a bummer.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

the liquidation of the dramaposters as a class must be our goal

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lol

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Hodge I love you man and it sounds like your First Nations son has been through a rough time and people are often unconsciously problematic, but you broached that in absolutely the wrong way and made a mockery of yourself. I think you're good people and have good intentions and aren't a liberal just for the record. I don't think being alert about racism is the same as "liberalism" but people are so used to liberals exploiting the spectre of "white leftists" and "horseshoe theory" in bad faith that the hostility was natural, especially because you came off in such a hostile way yourself

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

Yossarian-22 posted:

Hodge I love you man and it sounds like your First Nations son has been through a rough time and people are often unconsciously problematic, but you broached that in absolutely the wrong way and made a mockery of yourself. I think you're good people and have good intentions and aren't a liberal just for the record. I don't think being alert about racism is the same as "liberalism" but people are so used to liberals exploiting the spectre of "white leftists" and "horseshoe theory" in bad faith that the hostility was natural, especially because you came off in such a hostile way yourself

yeah, as i said in another thread, i think things are changing a lot right now and my old instincts may be counterproductive. to put it broadly, i think this is a moment where it's possible to make solidarity a first principle, and that aggressive confrontation is not necessary or desirable where something can be approached in good faith created through solidarity instead. also we're all angry and feel helpless as gently caress and coming into a discussion with anger is just going to set people off who actually feel the same way i do.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

yikes

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

shut up

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ouch

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

drama is good

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Cool

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

i guess i’ll go read the last 10 pages of succzone to try to understand what happened here because i am lost and amazed at how 0 to 100 the hodgeposting is goin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

someone got a pretty sick burn in on me between pages 100-300 of the homestuck thread. it's really good if y'all wanna find it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

USPOL in D&D has an epic takedown of jordan peterson, somewhere in the low-mid thousands iirc

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I prefer the lower 2000s pages tbh

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

docbeard posted:

As a public service message, I am informed by Arrythmia that, based on their searching, the first person to use "The Troubles" to describe last year's, er, troubles and the subsequent fallout was permabanned poster BENGHAZI 2.

even the qcs mods say free benghazi 2

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Goast posted:

I prefer the lower 2000s pages tbh

idk they're kinda emo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better