Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Osmosisch posted:

Also, literal children play this game so you may just be encountering one of those.

Yeah, I have encounters where I enter the world as Klee for a domain, and sometimes, when someone else is Klee or a Pyro DPS unit, they try to kill my Klee via grassfire. Instead of talking on chat or waiting for me to switch characters during the domain screen, they proceed to set me on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

This is true of all Geo constructs -- any contact with Boreas' body vaporizes ZL's pillars and NG's screen too

If you angle it correctly and make Boreas run at one of the two pillar parts of Ning's screen, he'll actually be stopped and the screen remains.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Flair posted:

Yeah, I have encounters where I enter the world as Klee for a domain, and sometimes, when someone else is Klee or a Pyro DPS unit, they try to kill my Klee via grassfire. Instead of talking on chat or waiting for me to switch characters during the domain screen, they proceed to set me on fire.

This is just how pyro mains say hi.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Tenik posted:

This is just how pyro mains say hi.

Yeah, anytime I go to someone else's world as Klee, I start throwing bombs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Klee's always set the grass on fire so I just put it out on Mona to ruin their fun.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

MajorBonnet posted:

Yeah, anytime I go to someone else's world as Klee, I start throwing bombs.

Potshots off the top of the domain entrance until someone sends out invites. Will aggro hillchurls over if I have to.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sounds on brand for Klee in general.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Ezelek posted:

Biggest roadblock has been Oceanid - Trying to level Childe and Mona up since I pulled them, and those loving birds just wreck my poo poo unless I have a friend in carrying me on their big strong shoulders - The Pyro Regisvine and Electro Hypostasis have been doable, and the Cryo Regisvine is hit and miss - mainly miss due to me mistiming my dodge when he spins and losing 3/4ths of my health.

Just tried it with Fischl. She's too much of a shorty and Oz doesn't spawn high enough to zap the water falcons when he comes in. That takes my mental assessment down from "harsh but doable" to "time for another night shift making shrimp balls at Wanmin Restaurant".

Yeah, I think I found the one boss my Knights of F2Pavonius vibe accidentally made baby easy, largely because Lisa's hold E can shoot those fools out of the air and I can get the zap back on with just a tap.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Glazius posted:

Just tried it with Fischl. She's too much of a shorty and Oz doesn't spawn high enough to zap the water falcons when he comes in. That takes my mental assessment down from "harsh but doable" to "time for another night shift making shrimp balls at Wanmin Restaurant".

Yeah, I think I found the one boss my Knights of F2Pavonius vibe accidentally made baby easy, largely because Lisa's hold E can shoot those fools out of the air and I can get the zap back on with just a tap.

I do that boss a lot and have never had that issue with fish

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't worry about his summon damage hitting them, he just needs to shoot them as a turret which shouldn't be an issue. Fischl can throw in some attack spam to help but i generally prioritize dodging the birds (though i kill them with Sucrose Es).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

dogsicle posted:

i wouldn't worry about his summon damage hitting them, he just needs to shoot them as a turret which shouldn't be an issue. Fischl can throw in some attack spam to help but i generally prioritize dodging the birds (though i kill them with Sucrose Es).

Eh, fair enough, it just flies in the teeth of my usual strategy there, which is "if I see a water illusion pop in a corner, storm the backline and zap some fools." It pretty much relies on multiple electrocharge chain reactions from an AOE electro effect, such as Oz's summon spark (if it were taller), to wipe out the low-HP high-damage birds in time for me to spin around and get out of the corner the water melee illusion is about to back me into.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The summon damage is just a bonus, imo.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

zgrowler2 posted:

Potshots off the top of the domain entrance until someone sends out invites. Will aggro hillchurls over if I have to.

"So anyway, I started blasting..." - Frank "Klee" Reynolds

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 27, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, Bennet aside, everyone in the top row is already leveled up for their last passive. The rest of the cast is a work in progress to get materials. Bennet needs 8 of the pyrovine materials and 3 ruby chunks so I'm kinda stuck unable to do anything with him right now.

But I'm paralyzed by choice. Do I work on getting additional exp books till March so I can actually level everyone up, do I keep doing domains in the hope of getting better artifacts for Ningguang and possibly launching her dmg per geode to like 600 instead of 350, do I fight elemental world bosses for their materials? At this point the only thing I'm sure of is doing the daily quests and getting more food every day.

600 and 350 are both real bad numbers
Focus on getting your current +ATK/+GEO artifacts to +16 before you focus on finding the ~perfect substat rolls~ or whatever cus you should be hitting way harder than that at level 80.
When you eventually do find your perfect godroll artifact or whatever you can just feed it the artifact you were using before to recover most of the xp.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

MajorBonnet posted:

"So anyway, I started blasting..." - Frank "Klee" Reynolds

I cackled

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Quetzadilla posted:

Haven't caught up with the thread but I made the rookie mistake of not using an interactive map to track agates because I didn't anticipate it gating a weekly progression mechanic. Now to find the last 2 needed to hit lv 8...

I made this mistake and just got extremely lucky that I found the remaining several agates I needed in the first couple places I decided to try looking. The ones I was missing seemed to all be along the outer edges of the zone (likely because you're less likely to encounter them while wandering normally).

One thing that arguably makes collecting agates more of a pain than collecting the geo/anemo crystals is that some are in chests and don't show up on the minimap as a result.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the birds get hit by klee's ability bouncing. its very silly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Focus on getting your current +ATK/+GEO artifacts to +16 before you focus on finding the ~perfect substat rolls~ or whatever cus you should be hitting way harder than that at level 80.
When you eventually do find your perfect godroll artifact or whatever you can just feed it the artifact you were using before to recover most of the xp.

Oh don't worry, I haven't been trying to get fully perfect stats on my artifacts all the way down. I'm just trying to get stuff from the right set that matches up. So many HP circlets.

I'll post my artifact set up when I get home, I'm wondering if the fact that her Eye of Perception is only lvl 70 that's been holding her back the whole time. I decided to try and get Fischl some good artifacts- my whole team is a mess, I only have 3 characters with more than 1,000 atk right now, I really had no idea what I was doing for a long time.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Kild posted:

Klee's always set the grass on fire so I just put it out on Mona to ruin their fun.

I do the same thing. Sorry bomb gremlin, the smoky the astrologer is here.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I once tried to help someone in vanilla wow who had talents that I could only describe as "assigned purely by RNG" and gear that was a hodgepodge of useless stats and the wrong armor types. That encounter instructed me that there are randos who play games without ever learning anything about its underlying systems, yet still persevere despite their numerical disadvantage. Bringing a character who is only capable of dealing hydro damage into a hydro domain doesn't surprise me one bit.

In other news, fun thing to do with Albedo's platform, turning Klee into a mortar! Stand up in your floating fort and drop bombs from long range! It's not at all effective because you can't aim for poo poo, but it is equal parts hilarious and adorable!

Additional side note: It really sucks that there's no flammable grass on Dragonspine. I get it because otherwise it would be too easy to warm yourself, but it's great for triggering Beidou's C4 and buffing her E.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Does accumulating sheer cold on beidou actually proc her counter thing?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Danann posted:

Does accumulating sheer cold on beidou actually proc her counter thing?

no

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

awesmoe posted:

Jump down from the cliff, the quartz is halfway down. Break it then glide to the island. Try not to mess up or you’re in for another long walk.

Nope ignore me, wrong random island

Thank you for this, I know which one you meant and it helped.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

xedo posted:

Details like this are cool to find out but make me nervous about who to invest in and how.

My current team is fischl, xiangling, and Barbara, with traveler or zhongli depending on the circumstances. I've also recently gotten razor, ning, xinyan, Mona, bennet. Are there good team comps I'm sleeping on?

Do you have Chong? His E creates an ice field that freezes everyone in it, so pairing him with Fisch and Oz gives you Superconduct which lowers defense considerably. Only issue is that anyone of your team in your field using polearm. Sword or claymore changes damage to cyro, so only works if your DPS is bow or catalyst. Fisch at C1 becomes a feasible DPS though.

Fisch has been my DPS for most of the game with my team basically being the three you’ve been using as your main with Chong.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Not sure if it has been posted in this thread, but remember to light the 4 torches within the secret room on the mountain that you can access once you read all of the tablets. You will get a reward : You will receive the new crafted claymore.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I thought Superconduct only lowers Phys Defense, meaning Chongers gets nothing inside the ice field from it. Wait thats what you said. Okay hi.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I wish the game preserved Abyss teams easily, sometimes I do good and like my comp and completely blank on what it was when I go back in.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

Do you have Chong? His E creates an ice field that freezes everyone in it, so pairing him with Fisch and Oz gives you Superconduct which lowers defense considerably. Only issue is that anyone of your team in your field using polearm. Sword or claymore changes damage to cyro, so only works if your DPS is bow or catalyst. Fisch at C1 becomes a feasible DPS though.

Fisch has been my DPS for most of the game with my team basically being the three you’ve been using as your main with Chong.

Sadly, my only ice is kaeya and my only wind is traveler. Whereas I could run a full team of 4 pyro or geo. Really hoping to nap sucrose this banner for a little elemental diversity, which is probably why I've pulled bennet 3 times.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I put together a decent Blizzard Strayer set and now Kaeya's Frostgnaw is critting for 10k. :yum:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bloody Emissary posted:

I put together a decent Blizzard Strayer set and now Kaeya's Frostgnaw is critting for 10k. :yum:

I'm incredibly jealous, I can't get any good blizzard pieces to drop at all.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
AR50 oceanid is a real fucker, I haven't died yet but it takes me like twice as long as even the geo cube.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
50 (free) standard banners dropped 2 legendaries....

Then pulled 70 (primo) Albedo banners....

Sometimes Genshin giveth... and sometimes Genshin GIVETH.

Also heres my only artifact with semi good rolls i guess.

This new content has been A+ experience all around, real big fan of tying certain weapons to certain events with exp boost.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm incredibly jealous, I can't get any good blizzard pieces to drop at all.

I had to compromise on the clock and cup in order to use a crit damage artifact, sadly.

Could be better—75% crit rate on normal/charged attacks on Cryo'd enemies is a bit excessive for 113% crit damage—but I think he's working pretty well overall.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/AeEntropy/status/1343346137810526211?s=20
https://twitter.com/AeEntropy/status/1343347360861200385?s=20

More leaks, take them at the appropriate amount of skepticism. Although if the Chasm is going to be as content dense as Dragonspine it should be incredibly fun too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i already hate that loving spear, but at least they're probably giving me two months to save

no mention of dendro is alternately good and soul-crushing when i want some idea of when baizhu is dropping

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I thought we were expecting Inazuma in 1.3?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So no new full region for at least a few more months. Hopefully Chasm and Dragonspine are enough to keep us going until then with whatever other events they want to do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I thought we were expecting Inazuma in 1.3?

1.3 was announced as Lantern Fest months ago.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

A50 feels like its back to the A35ish territory where I'm being pulled in ninety different directions and want to do everything at once. My 12th highest weapon being level 70 is just not cutting it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Now, let me be extra clear, when I say 350 and 600, I don't mean atk, I mean I try and hit some lvl 77-80 enemy and get 350-407 damage from doing so.

Anyway, Ningguang's artifacts so far are:

The other two goblets next to what I'm using I had no idea about and raised them up to 4 to see what their next attributes were.215 HP and 5.8% Def on both. But they both have a little bit of crit rate (2.2%) (3.1%) so I might switch over to them instead.

Also, I've been meaning to bring this up and talk about some of the music in this area/update. As you've seen from my artifact set up, I'm a simple man, if you give me something that reminds me of another thing that I'm like, I'm in immediately. I don't know how to describe things other than saying 'this gives me [x] vibes' and the first two here remind me of Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest. It's good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfS0UBRJELg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0HxqkvowI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca0YCzLinvQ