Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
idk why people keep wanting to dunk on bray at this moment in time specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

the escape goat posted:

https://twitter.com/woahalexabliss/status/1343045340283465728?s=21

despite Bray being... well, Bray, this is incredibly touching.

gently caress me this really cuts deep.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flatluigi posted:

idk why people keep wanting to dunk on bray at this moment in time specifically

Yea what the gently caress is his crime outside of poo poo about his characters. You don't have to qualify a post about this human being mourning his close friend so people don't think you like WWE

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea what the gently caress is his crime outside of poo poo about his characters. You don't have to qualify a post about this human being mourning his close friend so people don't think you like WWE
Is it actually worth being angry, or being angry at other people who are ultimately saying "I found this touching"?

I really liked Bray's post. It was touching.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

the escape goat posted:

https://twitter.com/woahalexabliss/status/1343045340283465728?s=21

despite Bray being... well, Bray, this is incredibly touching.

Why even include the bottom part, is it really necessary while discussing a post a dude did about his friend who died hours ago to preface it with a veiled statement that basically translates to "Despite me not enjoying Bray on screen". Those shouldn't even be connected. Listen to how silly it is all at once "Man I'm not a fan of the fiend and that character but this was a touching tribute from the guy who plays the fiend to his dead friend despite that".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I feel that the benefit of the doubt should be given to people who use inelegant language when they find out someone died.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/kikutarosan/status/1342970303454953472?s=20

Kikutaro's tribute is great, love both of those photos.

Weird day in the wrestling world, gently caress.

and my "despite Bray being Bray" thing was where my mind was at after catching up on a few pages of the WWE thread (I don't watch, but I dip into the monthly thread) and it was a massive amount of making GBS threads on Bray and the weird (and kinda awful) stuff he's done as a person.

anyhow. losing Brodie is surreal as a fan (my boyfriend and I were talking about him for hours last night, his career in general, and how rad it was to follow him for years on the indies and then his time in WWE/AEW) and waking up to see that he passed was just strange.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 27, 2020

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I'm loving speechless and absolutely heartbroken. Brodie Lee had the entire wrestling world open to him finally and now this.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Let's not go for each other's throats for once, especially when talking about this

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I can’t believe this. He was so good, and he had to wait so long just to get a chance to do what he loved, and he finally does and he died after six months.

gently caress WWE for stealing years of this man’s life.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I can’t believe this. He was so good, and he had to wait so long just to get a chance to do what he loved, and he finally does and he died after six months.

gently caress WWE for stealing years of this man’s life.
Kinda makes the Harper contract extending meme really really unfunny, although it was already people making a joke out of a corporation loving with a man's life, now it somehow got worse.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Has there been any word from Erik Redbeard (Rowan)? I don't think he has a Twitter or anything.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Let's not go for each other's throats for once, especially when talking about this

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

NienNunb posted:

Sure, though let's also try and be sensitive and careful about how we're talking about this :)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

people will word things clumsily around grief and imo no-one will gain anything from posts scolding them for it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That said gently caress people who put any and all trending hashtags into their MLM or forex or crypto scam tweets, such as a few I saw using #ripbrodielee today

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

That said gently caress people who put any and all trending hashtags into their MLM or forex or crypto scam tweets, such as a few I saw using #ripbrodielee today

You can report those for spam.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

jesus WEP posted:

Definitely the worst people/bots

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah it’s probably bots

CreedThoughts
Sep 24, 2007
Thanks, I've never owned a refrigerator

I hope Big E is ok. He's been posting non-stop since last night. Didn't know they were that close.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just remembered that Thea is having her birthday mega stream today and WWE is launching their gaming series on the 29th

Needless to say both are going to be different than everyone imagined

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah it’s probably bots

You would think but there is that woman who recently got chased off Twitter because she posted her only fans in a comment on the loving India workers strike. Grifters gonna grift.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Jiro posted:

Has there been any word from Erik Redbeard (Rowan)? I don't think he has a Twitter or anything.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJT2nzwjUAP/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

hot drat, he really was close to everybody. definitely hoping his family and fellow workers are gonna be okay.

incredible guy. Bix has been RTing a lot of rad memories from folks and this stuck out as one of the more surprising ones.

https://twitter.com/sashabankswwe/status/1204115028758056960?s=21

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/theOnlyNewJack/status/1343111673624866820?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

loving hell, that's intimidating.

https://twitter.com/cozy_lariat/status/1343319501312380928?s=20

Kojima remains the king.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1343296234526814208

Ricky is good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1343283762059214849

e: Lol

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1343304424752640002

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ricky: angry at the disrespect. Sean: bluntly suggests he pick a better time to raise this. Joey: chaos dunk.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Ricky: angry at the disrespect. Sean: bluntly suggests he pick a better time to raise this. Joey: chaos dunk.

Makes me want to find out his Venmo and send him 40 cents.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Having rewatched the Darby entrance from episode 8, Dylan is definitely one of the people who brings him out.. Which doesn't mean he wasn't appropriately compensated and definitely doesn't mean this is the right loving time to bring it up.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

waffle iron posted:

Makes me want to find out his Venmo and send him 40 cents.

Is that one cent for every time he's followed you on Twitter?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafs/status/1343037225949396992?s=19

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

This is galling to me considering how they treated him in regards to booking and extending his contract for no reason. I'd like to say that maybe Vince will have a moment of self reflection that his constant petty bullshit has real world consequences for good people but I know that's a big ask for sociopathic billionaire :sigh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This is galling to me considering how they treated him in regards to booking and extending his contract for no reason. I'd like to say that maybe Vince will have a moment of self reflection that his constant petty bullshit has real world consequences for good people but I know that's a big ask for sociopathic billionaire :sigh:

HHH and Vince and the other execs treated him like a cog in the machine but everyone else there loved the guy, I'm sure including the social media and web people. Hell, I'm sure HHH and Vince loved him to whatever extent they are capable of that emotion while still maintaining their ability to lie to his face about sending him to New Japan.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I was more quoting it for the Leafs post but the most optimistic I'm allowing myself to be about the WWE on this issue is that some of the younger wrestlers will follow Brodie's example, realize that they're wasting what could be precious time on the main roster, and stop renewing these horrible catering deals. Your Chad Gables of the world could be doing so much more.

HHH and Vince are well past self-reflection by now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Triple H tweeted about how Brodie had "Amazing talent" and all I could think was "yeah, and you guys squandered it."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Triple H tweeted about how Brodie had "Amazing talent" and all I could think was "yeah, and you guys squandered it."

Because he couldn't do a loving Southern Accent. I keep coming back to this but they had this big, intimidating, eloquent guy who could wrestle so loving good but because Vince on sight decided he looked Southern he decided that he couldn't be a star unless he did a Southern gimmick. There's a lost generation of Wrestlers who could have done so much more but spent their careers in catering and a forgotten tag division because a decrepit billionaire wandered up to them and went "You look like a greasy Portuguese, We will have to make you so much greasier to save your career and make you a star". You ether fit Vince McMahon's incredibly narrow definition of what a star is and how you will be a star or your career is hosed.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

How insane of a loving definition of a star Vince must have if “6’5”, athletic and a great promo” doesn’t loving fit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dacap posted:

How insane of a loving definition of a star Vince must have if “6’5”, athletic and a great promo” doesn’t loving fit it.

If Brock Lesner had come in on the wrong day he'd be Chuck the Fireman and have disappeared after a year.