Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

lol had to reread that, thought they meant Trabucatti as the victim there

e: eng99 snypa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hey man, it's Christmas

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Dongicus posted:

Hey man, it's Christmas

Yeah and he’s the halls.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
This fellow here over here with the yellow shirt, Macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent.... Let's give a welcome to Macaca, here. Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

This fellow here over here with the yellow shirt, Macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent.... Let's give a welcome to Macaca, here. Welcome to America and the real world of Virginia.

said in 2006, hasn’t held office since

if he’d said it in 2016 he’d probably be a senator today

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

El_Elegante posted:

said in 2006, hasn’t held office since

if he’d said it in 2016 he’d probably be a senator today

My mom was a facilities manager for a factory her company opened in Virginia when Allen was governor. They had him in for some PR tour and photo op, standard "look at the good jobs I made" for him, he says nice things about the company, no one mentions the tax incentives.

Anyway about halfway through the tour she gets a call from a security desk. They had called to complain that the governor had left a spit cup from his constant snuff dipping habit at the security station. Apparently it was disgusting and they really wanted to know if they had permission to throw it away and if not was someone going to come pick it up soon.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

I remembered macaca first but my post was just “macaca” and I don’t think anyone remembered

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Someone referring to it as "a macaca moment" as if it's something to be expected. Let's be honest, we've all had our macaca moments. In the grocery store, press conferences, coaching youth soccer, whatever. The word is on the tip of my tongue at all times, it's completely natural

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

one billion americans

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Ted cruz setting up cameras around his house and releasing an hour of footage of himself being wholesome with his family, because it’s illegal for a campaign to just give their PACs footage directly.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

one billion americans

Matty going on the conservative talk show circuit because nobody liked this slop.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Colonial Americans still existing, thinking they have a right to.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kazzah posted:

Ted cruz setting up cameras around his house and releasing an hour of footage of himself being wholesome with his family, because it’s illegal for a campaign to just give their PACs footage directly.

Certainly no one asked for him to do such a thing, because that would be illegal coordination. :thunkin:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
steve scalise was playing softball (a girl's game) when he got his dick and balls and rear end in a top hat blown off

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

cenotaph posted:

Matty going on the conservative talk show circuit because nobody liked this slop.

that was his brilliant plan, to make an urbanization argument that appealed to racists

lol

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPsLGoy-U-k

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Flavius Aetass posted:

steve scalise was playing softball (a girl's game) when he got his dick and balls and rear end in a top hat blown off

he didn't lose his dick from softball, he lost his dick with softball

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Wasn’t a bouncer, just a club promoter and the altercation didn’t happen in the club. The bad news is the guy was convicted of involuntary manslaughter, the good news is he didn’t get jail time because the victim was considered, legally speaking, a twat.

I had to look it up and unfortunately, the UK doesn't have a Fighting Words defense, you can only defend yourself against assault.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/jun/16/verbal-abuse-law

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Someone referring to it as "a macaca moment" as if it's something to be expected. Let's be honest, we've all had our macaca moments. In the grocery store, press conferences, coaching youth soccer, whatever. The word is on the tip of my tongue at all times, it's completely natural
Relax, they're just gamer words.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

GWBBQ posted:

I had to look it up and unfortunately, the UK doesn't have a Fighting Words defense, you can only defend yourself against assault.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/jun/16/verbal-abuse-law

Relax, they're just gamer words.

oh, does the UK’s jurisdiction extend to Greece?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

El_Elegante posted:

oh, does the UK’s jurisdiction extend to Greece?

enough about the Elgin Marbles already

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Jeb!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Subjunctive posted:

enough about the Elgin Marbles already

I like the idea of the British Museum. Better to have all that poo poo in one place.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Hahaha I just remembered America elected Donald Trump and he served the full term despite getting impeached and catching a disease he downplayed enough for 300k people to die.

And then I remember he wanted Obama to step down for 2 Ebola deaths.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I like the idea of the British Museum. Better to have all that poo poo in one place.

as long as the british dont control it, since theyve already did an entire post-ww2 operation about destroying as much negative stuff from their empire's history as possible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Legacy

Tiler Kiwi has issued a correction as of 13:17 on Dec 28, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

According to Betteridge's Law of Headlines, the answer to any question is Yes.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Koos Group posted:

According to Betteridge's Law of Headlines, the answer to any question is Yes.

While I think you got that backwards it seems obvious that Yes is the more entertaining outcome so I agree

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, the law is that the answer to any question in a headline is no because if it was yes that would just be the headline.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
basta had a weed plane

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

HashtagGirlboss posted:

While I think you got that backwards it seems obvious that Yes is the more entertaining outcome so I agree

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, the law is that the answer to any question in a headline is no because if it was yes that would just be the headline.

I'm afraid that's incorrect.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Koos Group posted:

this is true because I once saw a headline "are sharks smooth?" and the answer was hell yes

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
even loan sharks?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Koos Group posted:

An impressive search bubble you're in:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I expected to be gaslit over smooth sharks. Betteridges’s law? that’s a betrayal I didn’t see coming

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Koos’d again

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
gently caress it I’ve snapped. bats are bugs now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

El_Elegante posted:

even loan sharks?

Sharks don't deserve to have their good names slandered

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Koos Group posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ram dass in hell posted:

basta had a weed plane

a TINY weed plane, and iirc he actually just had a "share" in it as opposed to any sort of meaningful ownership