Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There needs to be a Jason Schreier article on this loving store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

There needs to be a Jason Schreier article on this loving store

They'd have to put any work, let alone abusive crunch, in first

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Cyberpunk is getting delisted from PSN

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/1339744000220295168?s=21

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1339747598761123840?s=20

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1339741387118526465

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

He's still got it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's the problem with Devotion? I know literally nothing about it.

Edit: Oh, it's a Taiwanese game that has a joke about the President of China. loving cowards.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 18, 2020

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they included a xi jinping as pooh easter egg and were immediately destroyed by china

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So people for whom Cyberpunk 2077 isn't completely broken, is the game fun?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Skwirl posted:

It was for a bit, but I'm afraid to continue playing because it is frying SSDs in PCs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Skwirl posted:

I'm playing on PC. It has a lot of bugs and rather meaningless open world activities, but the main story and characters are really good. The enemy AI is rather braindead but the combat is fun for what it is and it's virtually impossible to gimp yourself. It's a Cyberpunk 7.7.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mr Hootington posted:

It was for a bit, but I'm afraid to continue playing because it is frying SSDs in PCs

This sounds like fud

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

What the gently caress?

Maybe the bugs will be worked out when I get a Playstation 5 Pro.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

my Samsung software seems to say this claim is bullshit

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I have a hard time believing this

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Mr Hootington posted:

Source?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skwirl posted:

I beat on pc and even in most optimal conditions its at most a terminally ok to sub par open world game because its also trying to be polar opposite games deus ex and borderlands at the same time and loving up both really hard.

Play sleeping dogs and some prey mooncrash instead

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Play the superior cyber punk game: Deus Ex Mankind Divided. It's like $5/5€ on sale all the time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Someone should mod cyberpunk to be the missing second half of Demd cause it was really great until its unceremoniously over after the first henchman goes down

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Goon reported and starts here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874955&pagenumber=2825&perpage=40&userid=0#post510785646

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the game thrashes swapfile because the allocated ram for pc is too low (4.5gb)

FFT posted:

poetic justice for inspiring the current thread name i guess

the SSD is so far gone i can't fix it with linux, yikes

and somewhere around 100 "bad clusters" on a chkdsk that didn't solve anything

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 18, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

One person is a far cry from "it's frying SSDs"

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Hyperbole is the norm these days

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m playing it on PS5 and other than it crashing every 3-4 hours of extended play I’m really enjoying it.

If you like video games like:

Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dishonored

There’s a really good chance you’ll find something to like about Cyberpunk 2077

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

kirbysuperstar posted:

One person is a far cry from "it's frying SSDs"

remember that article the day before watch dogs legion came out about how it was literally destroying consoles and it turned out to be happening to specifically that one reviewer whose console was clearly dying completely independently of the game

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m playing it on PS5 and other than it crashing every 3-4 hours of extended play I’m really enjoying it.

Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Dishonored

I like 1/4 of those games, and the same can be said about my time with 2077 so far.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Bust Rodd posted:

Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Dishonored

heh, I agree with this (including the crashes, I'm on a base PS4 and have luckily had very few graphical issues but it definitely crashes after 3-4 hours) but I do find it funny how hard you went against Valhalla for its pretty minimal amount of bugs and then go to bat for the buggiest possible game release of the year :laffo:

I should also clarify that my enjoyment is based on the game basically fulfilling my dream of walking through Bladerunner and having intense conversations with extremely cool and well-written neo-noir characters so I will put up with a lot of middling combat, atrocious loot tables and inventory fiddling to achieve that dream

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m really enjoying the “powerful hacker with laser guns and laser whip and Akira motorcycle” gameplay style and the writing is a big step above anything else that came out this year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m really enjoying the “powerful hacker with laser guns and laser whip and Akira motorcycle” gameplay style and the writing is a big step above anything else that came out this year

13 sentinels, yakuza 7 look at you madly

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Heavily agreed on this.

Also FWIW that memory allocation thing didn't even seem to be true - Patch 1.05 removed the file entirely because it turns out it didn't do anything at all for the retail EXE, so the game is actually pooling memory properly and I have no clue what happened to that fella's SSD but it was probably coincidental.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Real hurthling! posted:

Also FF7r

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aerith says "poo poo" ftw

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Has anyone bought the Yakuza Remastered Collection?

I bought it, and my PS order email says Remastered Collection but the download list and library just has Yakuza 3...?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They were released as separate games so if you search Yakuza in the store you should be able to just download 4 & 5 as well. It's probably something to do with them originally being staggered releases over time why it only prompts you to download 3.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

They were released as separate games so if you search Yakuza in the store you should be able to just download 4 & 5 as well. It's probably something to do with them originally being staggered releases over time why it only prompts you to download 3.

That was exactly it, thanks!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There seem to be multiple versions of the Persona 5 Royal game on sale, and I’m looking for a very long and slow rpg. Is any of the DLC worth grabbing before I start the game? I played Shin Megami Tensei on PS2 but don’t think I’ve played a JRPG in years, but I wanna try it out. Just don’t wanna skip out on deluxe or ultimate editions if they have good content or unique monsters or spells.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

all the extra paid dlc is not worth it, but there should be some free dlc packs on the store

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

There seem to be multiple versions of the Persona 5 Royal game on sale, and I’m looking for a very long and slow rpg. Is any of the DLC worth grabbing before I start the game? I played Shin Megami Tensei on PS2 but don’t think I’ve played a JRPG in years, but I wanna try it out. Just don’t wanna skip out on deluxe or ultimate editions if they have good content or unique monsters or spells.

Yeah, there's some free DLC stuff, but I think the deluxe/ultimate bonus things are just extra costumes and a few super-strong personas you can break the game with but you won't need them. Just get the regular edition.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Huh. Looks like the January PS+ titles have been announced.

PS4: Greedfall and Shadow of the Tomb Raider
PS5: Maneater (also has a PS4 version but requires a PS5 to claim apparently?)

Maneater looks dumb but could be fun for 20 minutes. Greedfall has me intrigued, a Witcher knockoff set in colonial times. Shadow of the Tomb Raider I’m happy to add to my backlog despite still not having got around to Rise of the Tomb Raider I got for PS+.

Overall a pretty decent month.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

BGrifter posted:

Huh. Looks like the January PS+ titles have been announced.

PS4: Greedfall and Shadow of the Tomb Raider
PS5: Maneater (also has a PS4 version but requires a PS5 to claim apparently?)

Maneater looks dumb but could be fun for 20 minutes. Greedfall has me intrigued, a Witcher knockoff set in colonial times. Shadow of the Tomb Raider I’m happy to add to my backlog despite still not having got around to Rise of the Tomb Raider I got for PS+.

Overall a pretty decent month.

Maneater is good as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

King of Solomon posted:

Maneater is good as hell.

Nice!