Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Punch McLightning posted:

Vince's hero is MLK Jr.

Although he does feel he'd have got more over if he dropped the "Jr".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
"Short Marty"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Vince has always wanted to name a civil rights leader King McGillicutty.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It felt like the sort of thing Vince would laugh about in the writer's room and then go 'no we can't actually do that' though.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

jesus WEP posted:

Tagging with Crash was the closest he ever got to being really over, what wouldn’t he have liked about it?

Leading up to Crash's debut, Bob probably felt like he'd put in the work, and was due for a singles push, only to get a comedy gimmick tag team partner, and a woman added to the 'family' after that.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Red posted:

Leading up to Crash's debut, Bob probably felt like he'd put in the work, and was due for a singles push, only to get a comedy gimmick tag team partner, and a woman added to the 'family' after that.

Holly was a fool then, Molly especially was great

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Spuckuk posted:

Holly was a fool then, Molly especially was great

Oh, I agree, and I'm just making the assumption that Holly wasn't thrilled about a silly family stable. Then again, he worked with Chyna afterwards, so either he lightened up, or he didn't question the singles push he got.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It somehow seems fitting that Holly was the third wheel in a feud (Jericho-Chyna) that was already extremely awkward.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So I just saw a clip of Brock Lesnar dancing with the Money in the Bank briefcase because he had turned it into a boombox. I guess this isn’t a question.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So I just saw a clip of Brock Lesnar dancing with the Money in the Bank briefcase because he had turned it into a boombox. I guess this isn’t a question.
Brock is really really good

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Brock is unironically one of the smartest guys in the business because he figured out how to get paid tens of millions just to show up once in a while and basically goof around.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

Brock is unironically one of the smartest guys in the business because he figured out how to get paid tens of millions just to show up once in a while and basically goof around.

If only he wasn't homophobic and probably racist.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

probably

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bartok posted:

If only he wasn't homophobic and probably racist.

Never said he was smart smart, only that he's wrestling smart.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As soon as it was decided that Hollys catchphrase was “how do ya like me now?!” his career as a man of importance was done.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Brock at least has the decency to disengage from the public entirely rather than got to lengths push his backward beliefs on others. That I'm aware of.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
dude moved to a farm in the middle of Saskatchewan because I assume he hates people and doesn't want to engage with anyone, ever unless he's getting paid

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Livin the dream

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Hirez posted:

dude moved to a farm in the middle of Saskatchewan because I assume he hates people and doesn't want to engage with anyone, ever unless he's getting paid
But he barely ever spends his money. Like, even by frugal multimillionaire standards.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

ChrisBTY posted:

Brock at least has the decency to disengage from the public entirely rather than got to lengths push his backward beliefs on others. That I'm aware of.

There's some interview where he said something close to "I really don't like gays" from years ago. I'm not aware of anything else truly abhorrent on the record but he's obviously a meathead jock/redneck type of person so I just assume he's probably not um, enlightened. If he were more of an outgoing type I assume the column for heinous opinions would have at least a couple more soundbites in it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hirez posted:

heard an interview where he has to go to a pay phone a mile away from his house just to talk to Heyman or whatever. Dude does not want to deal with society in any meaningful way. I say best for all of us.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

davidbix posted:

But he barely ever spends his money. Like, even by frugal multimillionaire standards.

I think he has his own plane. I’ve heard he has a huge ice fishing shack too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I just imagine Brock punching through the surface of a frozen pond and pulling out a massive trout or something.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I just imagine Brock punching through the surface of a frozen pond and pulling out a massive trout or something.

And then suplexing it.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Silly Burrito posted:

And then suplexing it.

"Suplex city fish!"

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

And then suplexing it.

He gave a shark an F5, you think he's gonna settle for just a suplex?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Monkeycheese posted:

There's some interview where he said something close to "I really don't like gays" from years ago. I'm not aware of anything else truly abhorrent on the record but he's obviously a meathead jock/redneck type of person so I just assume he's probably not um, enlightened. If he were more of an outgoing type I assume the column for heinous opinions would have at least a couple more soundbites in it.
He was a bully in OVW, including grabbing Cornette's wife by the pussy on a Gorilla slam. Which she had specifically asked him not to do

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Monkeycheese posted:

"Suplex city fish!"

God damnit.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Monkeycheese posted:

"Suplex city fish!"

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Halloween Jack posted:

He was a bully in OVW, including grabbing Cornette's wife by the pussy on a Gorilla slam. Which she had specifically asked him not to do

Cornette probably paid him extra to do it anyway because it gets him off.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Does this look like a man uncomfortable with homosexuality?!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Here's a random question related to Brock: When's the last time Sable has been seen in public or made any appearances or has been heard from? She doesn't seem to have any active social media, and given how much she wanted to be a star back in the day it seems kind of odd that she would just vanish from the spotlight completely.

(Does she even live with Brock? I can't imagine anyone being content living out in the middle of nowhere with no phones or anything on the property.)

Germansimp posted:

Cornette probably paid him extra to do it anyway because it gets him off.

She had just gotten her lady parts pierced that day and asked Brock not to do that spot because she was sore, so he teased her about it all day and then finally did it.

Cornette was so pissed he threatened to pull a gun on Brock (which let's be honest, a bullet probably wouldn't be enough to stop Brock).

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vandar posted:

She had just gotten her lady parts pierced that day and asked Brock not to do that spot because she was sore, so he teased her about it all day and then finally did it.

Cornette was so pissed he threatened to pull a gun on Brock (which let's be honest, a bullet probably wouldn't be enough to stop Brock).

It’s probably one of the rare occasions where Cornette’s reaction is understandable.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
that's like one of the most carny stories i've never heard (and yea I know about the Cor**** backstory from those Janela tweets or whatever)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Alright, Alright. Cornette discussion goes back into the Cornette containment zone from this point.

- - -

So thinking about Tiny Kip Sabian has reminded me, are there any examples from the yesteryear of wrestling of guys who are good wrestlers but great managers/valets because as a Kip Sabian fan I enjoy his work as a manager more than his work as wrestler, but it's not like he puts on bad matches or is even particularly bland.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Bobby Heenan was a perfectly fine stooging heel when he occasionally wrestled

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Heenan?

edit: well

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Seams posted:

Heenan?

edit: well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=46&v=AtxYNrXCuTc&feature=youtu.be

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Gary Hart
J.J. Dillon was a decent worker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
IIRC Don Callis was a decent wrestler who got tired of taking bumps so he became a manager