Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Gaius Marius posted:

Make action park a level. Special bonus mission where a top level ica exec takes his kids there, and 47 has to run around fixing the attractions and making sure the kids don't kill themselves like one of those old cartoons with the baby.

Probably would be too close after that kid got decapitated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh with this being the final game in the trilogy and 47 closing down on the top members of whatever the evil illuminati was called in these games I forget,

I'd love to see some really scaled up crazy locations

Like some James Bond villian bases

Give me a Dr. No Island facility, heck maybe a full on volcano base

Moonbase? Probably going too far.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh with this being the final game in the trilogy and 47 closing down on the top members of whatever the evil illuminati was called in these games I forget,

I'd love to see some really scaled up crazy locations

Like some James Bond villian bases

Give me a Dr. No Island facility, heck maybe a full on volcano base

Moonbase? Probably going too far.

not going too far enough -- give me full moonraker.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I feel like the "island villain lair" was honestly covered decently by Sgail in spirit if not in exact form, even if I wouldn't be opposed to them revisiting it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arist posted:

I feel like the "island villain lair" was honestly covered decently by Sgail in spirit if not in exact form, even if I wouldn't be opposed to them revisiting it.

Haven too. It literally has an underwater base section.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The_Doctor posted:

Haven too. It literally has an underwater base section.

And Santa Fortuna has the hidden submarine lair.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Arist posted:

And don't forget the mansion and lab in Sapienza

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019
Is anyone running this on a nitro 5 laptop with a 1060? The game doesn't run well at all on the Paris mission, even with the resolution set low and graphics turned off.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

The_Doctor posted:

They're hiding the airport map to shield against the inevitable fallout. :pray:

Anyone pre-ordered? I'm very tempted to just splash out on the deluxe version.

Everybody always talks about Airports as being particularly sensitive but, like, its not 2002 anymore, considering almost every other map is something extremely public (especially Miami) I don't know why we keep putting Airports on a special pedestal.

Also its a Hitman game, so trying to recreate 'No Russian' tends to be very heavily discouraged.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Does anyone know if Hitman 3 will be merged with the existing UI for Hitman and Hitman 2? Obviously I have the PS4 version of both of those games, and it would be nice to be able to pop into any of the levels for the previous games without having to boot separately. Have the Digital Deluxe PS5 edition pre-ordered.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I find a kill everyone challenge to be the best way to learn a new map. It forces you to explore, find pickups, and you're loud as gently caress as you dont need to waste time stealthing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bradzilla posted:

Does anyone know if Hitman 3 will be merged with the existing UI for Hitman and Hitman 2? Obviously I have the PS4 version of both of those games, and it would be nice to be able to pop into any of the levels for the previous games without having to boot separately. Have the Digital Deluxe PS5 edition pre-ordered.

“The World of Assassination trilogy is fully realised with HITMAN 3 and we are establishing our new game as the ultimate place to play all three games. Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.”

They still haven’t revealed the details on how importing data will work.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I'm interested especially in if it'll work cross platform - I own the first 2 on PC but I'd like to get the third on PS4.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i imagine it will work largely like importing hitman 1 levels into hitman 2 worked, although i believe they also promised your progress and unlocks will actually carry forward this time. to answer the original question i dont know what UI is meant to mean but yes you can play all three games within hitman 3

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

“The World of Assassination trilogy is fully realised with HITMAN 3 and we are establishing our new game as the ultimate place to play all three games. Players of our previous HITMAN games will be pleased to know that it will be possible to ‘import’ locations that they own from the previous two HITMAN games into HITMAN 3, essentially putting all 20+ locations from the entire trilogy in one place.”

:hellyeah:

That's good news, thanks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mierenneuker posted:

I just bought a new computer and I'm strongly considering caving on Epic for IO but I'm holding off until they say how that's working

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bradzilla posted:

:hellyeah:

That's good news, thanks.

The bad news is that installing everything will probably take up half of a next-gen console’s storage :aaaaa:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Arist posted:

Pfft, shark tank count is nil, and not even a volcano hangar *chuckles Blofeldishly*

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I just bought a new computer and I'm strongly considering caving on Epic for IO but I'm holding off until they say how that's working

Allegedly what you do is: Go to: https://account.ioi.dk/ and link both your epic and steam accounts (steam should be linked already). If you 're not sure what email you used to link steam, check in game under options > IOI account.

I'll let you know if it all works after release.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zaffy posted:

Allegedly what you do is: Go to: https://account.ioi.dk/ and link both your epic and steam accounts (steam should be linked already). If you 're not sure what email you used to link steam, check in game under options > IOI account.

Thanks, if that's all I'll just buy it after, though that sounds about right

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Strategic Tea posted:

Pfft, shark tank count is nil, and not even a volcano hangar *chuckles Blofeldishly*

Hippos and crocodile pits though?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Zaffy posted:

I don't see any option to link accounts. I just see steam linked. How do I add a new account?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I don't see the option either, but logging into your IOI account from inside the EGS version of Hitman should do it

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

given the zeitgeistishness of locations like berlin and dubai im going to guess that one of the yet-to-be-revealed locations is a small town in Croatia with a well preserved medieval city center in which a popular fantasy tv show is actively being filmed

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I’m very up for sabotaging the dragon to burn the egomaniacal director.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Elendil004 posted:

I don't see any option to link accounts. I just see steam linked. How do I add a new account?

repiv posted:

I don't see the option either, but logging into your IOI account from inside the EGS version of Hitman should do it

Yeah, they must have changed how to link accounts. I linked my EGS and Stadia (LOL) accounts through the website.

I just confirmed it works in game. I unlinked stadia and loaded the game, entered my email address in options > IOI account, and it sent me a confirmation email. The confirmation email had a link to follow.

It's arguably easier now.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What do you guys think are the easiest/hardest missions to get SOSA on across both games?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hedgehog Pie posted:

What do you guys think are the easiest/hardest missions to get SOSA on across both games?

I think Paris is pretty easy IIRC. Bangkok and Sgail were both nightmares to SOSA for me but I decided for some godforsaken reason to try to do both of those SOSA on my first run.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Easiest: Mumbai
Hardest: Bangkok

I wrote this without taking the pee gun and the electrophone in equation.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Easiest: New York

Hardest: Sgail or Colorado

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Hitman 1
Easiest: Paris
Hardest: Colorado

Hitman 2:
Easiest: Vermont
Hardest: Mumbai

Not counting tutorials or bonus content.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I don't know about hardest but Bangkok is certainly the most annoying :v:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The New York Bank is also rather easy to SASO.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
On the one hand I am tempted to get Hitmans 3 on PS5 for the extra graphics bits. On the other hand aiming with a controller sucks and I would need to get as well to complete the set.

Also I really need to get to the DLC maps soonish.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
I found Colorado much harder to SASO than Bangkok. Bangkok was relatively smooth and there's a good place to put your save. Colorado there are just too many targets for one save,I had to reload do many times it got frustrating. All the other maps except maybe sgail have fairly easy routes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I can understand the Bangkok frustration. Morgan's route requires knowing one of a handful of not consistently communicated actions, at which point it's trivial, but it's otherwise a brick wall- he's in public, with a bodyguard, his entire route, and there's no good way to shift his behaviors in a suit. Getting to Jordan is a colossal pain (worse for several months due to inconsistent detection by the roadies in several of their animations), and to make matters worse his scripting sometimes bugs out.

Colorado, though, even at its easiest, involves four targets and a tremendous amount of knocking out guards to create safe spaces while threading a needle of target behaviors, coin shenanigans, and is topped off with a multi-minute wait to get one chance to pistol-shoot a rope from halfway across the map in a ~two second time window that you can't see.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 29, 2020

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You can SASO all targets in Colorado without leaving the farmhouse with the basement exit. If I remember right, just bring the accurate silenced pistol and the lethal injection, start in the entrance nearest to the farmhouse. Shoot the engine thingie to create a gas leak to set up Mike Meyers' death on your way in, stick the needle in the Nerd when she's over the table, sneak up to the roof and wait a bit to shoot the rope at the demowoman and then clean up the basement and wait for the doorkey dude to come visit, should be sub ten minutes.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Discendo Vox posted:

Colorado, though, even at its easiest, involves four targets and a tremendous amount of knocking out guards to create safe spaces while threading a needle of target behaviors, coin shenanigans, and is topped off with a multi-minute wait to get one chance to pistol-shoot a rope from halfway across the map in a ~two second time window that you can't see.
Aside from "involves four targets" I'm not sure any of this is accurate :v:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

There's also stuff like, 'regular person' SASO, how you would complete it as a normal person just being stealthy. Then there's like, 'savant saso', like shooting the Heart through the wall or doing some of the other shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Elendil004 posted:

There's also stuff like, 'regular person' SASO, how you would complete it as a normal person just being stealthy. Then there's like, 'savant saso', like shooting the Heart through the wall or doing some of the other shenanigans.

I've been interested in reading all of the posts here, but for me personally it's minimal bollocks and fancy dan stuff that's important!