Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I decided to watch hbomb's video on Pathologic today. At some point between him telling me to buy Pathologic 2 and the end of the video, Pathologic 2 showed up in my steam library for some mysterious reason.

Also it's like 56% off on Steam right now so go buy it if you haven't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I have not seen the unofficial VR Among Us until now and it's really some jank magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXdFNzjVqLk&hd=1

It's fascinating watching a group who has been playing among us together for months, maybe longer, and how their interactions with each other change. Like how WeegeeTheGod is an incredibly convincing imposter so everyone is always suspicious of him, even when he is fully and totally innocent, and use that to their advantage when they're the imposter. and thanks to VR, his hysterics over it are even better since he can enunciate his gripes with the addition of flailing hand gestures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuezmTQsOMg&hd=1&t=3052s

the only thing I wish it had was a shakiness reduction option for recording, but I'm not sure how possible that even is.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Garrand posted:

Honestly this is why I was extremely not surprised when I saw that it was Twin Perfect that had a 4 hour explainer video. Those dipshits are famous for stupid interpretations of Silent Hill followed by absolutely demanding that their interpretation is the only correct one.
Reminds me of a video I saw where they guessed that Pokémon Sun/Moon were going to lead into a reboot for the following generation. I stopped once it (poorly) started referencing the Torah. They had a ridiculously defensive video some time later when they game launched and it obviously wasn’t true. People get real attached to their pet theories, is what I’m saying.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Captain Invictus posted:

I have not seen the unofficial VR Among Us until now and it's really some jank magic.

It's fascinating watching a group who has been playing among us together for months, maybe longer, and how their interactions with each other change. Like how WeegeeTheGod is an incredibly convincing imposter so everyone is always suspicious of him, even when he is fully and totally innocent, and use that to their advantage when they're the imposter. and thanks to VR, his hysterics over it are even better since he can enunciate his gripes with the addition of flailing hand gestures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuezmTQsOMg&hd=1&t=3052s

the only thing I wish it had was a shakiness reduction option for recording, but I'm not sure how possible that even is.

If it's the same Weegee I'm thinking of, him being suspicious af but mostly getting away with it is hilariously on the nose considering a history of stealing content.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Idk, he's the guy from the LP/streaming group friends without benefits, the group alpharad left to go solo.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yeah, it's the same person.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

Yes hes the same guy from hbombs plagiarism vid

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

:lol: the hand movements add so much.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MiddleOne posted:

:lol: the hand movements add so much.

The fan-made VRChat version of Among Us is fantastic fun in VR, especially with a good group.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Sfdebris brings us the weirdly-titled Bare Midriff Contagion Christmas Special.

I’ll admit that despite my usual love of Sfdebris’ content I held off on watching this for a few days, since I really hate it when covid-related stuff seeps into my TV and youtube viewing, but I shouldn’t have doubted him like that. Instead of the usual doomer bullshit that might come with a video on this sort of topic, he actually devotes a lot of time to just talking about reasons to be positive and hopeful. It may not have been his usual Christmas fare, or anyone’s usual Christmas fare for that matter, but I’d say the spin he put on it certainly feels in line with the spirit of the season.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/IncredibleCulk/status/1343476725464715265

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JordanKai posted:

Yeah, it's the same person.
dang, what did he do? I only know him from him being in among us streams and the FWOB mario party videos.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

dang, what did he do? I only know him from him being in among us streams and the FWOB mario party videos.
He was a chud or at least ironically supported Trump. Hard to say because I remember him from Alpha’s videos and he was definitely an irony-poisoned type. I think Alpha distanced himself from the guy a few years back.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In regards to the plagiarism specifically, this video is a good source on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUhdIsLKEvU

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Big Joel - The Cult of Dr. Phil

https://youtu.be/dsiFsVaKSAw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arist posted:

In regards to the plagiarism specifically, this video is a good source on that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUhdIsLKEvU
well, a minute and a half in and yeah, that's really stupid of him to do, what the gently caress was he thinking. was it the one video or has he done it a ton? If he's repented on it, or compensated for it, and never done it again, that's one thing. If he's unapologetic about it, then yeah, gently caress him.

Pants Donkey posted:

He was a chud or at least ironically supported Trump. Hard to say because I remember him from Alpha’s videos and he was definitely an irony-poisoned type. I think Alpha distanced himself from the guy a few years back.
they still play together regularly especially in among us, but then again jacksepticeye who does a lot of good charity work also still occasionally associates with pewdiepie iirc so maybe it's that sort of situation. I'm not sure of his politics but he is absolutely, 100% one of the most apathetic, irony-poisoned entities on the internet for sure from how he acts in among us. Definitely a bummer to find this out though.

I'll just watch the alpharad/altrive/etc videos instead of any weegee might make though. the content at least is amazingly entertaining and helped me get through the horrible christmas season at work.

on a lighter note, Alpharad and Jaiden Animations played through randomized pokemon for charity, with the rule that at certain milestones they had to airlock a pokemon at random. It's great fun. Jaiden just running into a level 5 Rayquaza in a cave that's supposed to have Zubats or something is a good time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xmlAwfdxXE&hd=1

unfortunately I don't have a link to jaiden's perspective, I only have Alpha's because of the notification link to the hidden video.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqzghgtJ1Is
New Unraveled

Also the last Unraveled as BDG is leaving Polygon. Not a huge surprise as his own Youtube channel is already popular, also he has a Patreon now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's not surprising but it happening right now perfectly fits this bitch of a year

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/briamgilbert/status/1343648038309552130

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
bdg correcting the important things people always get wrong

edit: "this is the research equivalent of a baking soda volcano" is really really good

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 29, 2020

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
BDG got too big for Polygon, I'm very excited for whatever projects he's involved in.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dias posted:

BDG got too big for Polygon, I'm very excited for whatever projects he's involved in.

Yeah I always liked his style and sense of humor but it felt weirdly constrainted by polygon at times? Like not that they sat him down and told him what he had to do but more that he probably has a lot of rad ideas that aren't strictly videogame related or whatever they expect their creators to do that I am all on board to see.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I found something really funny about ghost type being more edible than poison type

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

bdg correcting the important things people always get wrong

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you're not supposed to emptyquote.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/IncredibleCulk/status/1343483391824461824

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lol apparently Allison blocked me on twitter despite me never tweeting at her that I can remember. I can't help but wonder why. Is it my angry shitposting at politicians? One of those auto-block thing that blocks everyone who follows x problematic person? Gonna bug me for a while.

Anyway, her videos are still cool and I'm gonna keep watching them. :shrug:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

Lol apparently Allison blocked me on twitter despite me never tweeting at her that I can remember. I can't help but wonder why. Is it my angry shitposting at politicians? One of those auto-block thing that blocks everyone who follows x problematic person? Gonna bug me for a while.

Same thing happened with me. Might be a block list or something, as I have the same situation with Kyle Kallgren, another youtube person I’ve never interacted with on twitter.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

One of those auto-block thing that blocks everyone who follows x problematic person?

This is probably it. There were a ton of people trying to harass her into forgiving Doug Walker once Change The Channel hit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

grittyreboot posted:

This is probably it. There were a ton of people trying to harass her into forgiving Doug Walker once Change The Channel hit.

gently caress those assholes. Makes sense to mass block after bullshit like that.

Edit: It's amazing the terrible stuff people get online for making youtube videos.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

MonsieurChoc posted:

Back when her and Brad had a falling out and lots of Brad's fans were harassing her, she ran a blockchain on his twitter. So if you were following the Cinema Snob twitter at the time, thats what probably did it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jamie Faith posted:

Back when her and Brad had a falling out and lots of Brad's fans were harassing her, she ran a blockchain on his twitter. So if you were following the Cinema Snob twitter at the time, thats what probably did it.

Oh, yeah. That's where we got the weird game of Internet Telephone and "Allison SWATted Brad at a funeral!" or whatever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Maybe, although I stopepd following Brad a long time and unsubscribed from his youtube channel. :shrug:

Man, I used to love Brad's stuff and his crossovers with Lupa especially. Now I can't even think think of them without distaste.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBr-9w3kltM

this guy started buying promoted posts on facebook. he's insane but his voice is so relaxing that i think i'm gonna watch everything he's got

wow it's like amateur coast2coast AM

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Did they say how long it was going to be between each video? I really, really enjoyed that.

I just really like listening to them talk about Twin Peaks and David Lynch and it was awesome remembering all the stuff from The Return that I still can’t believe aired on television.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Dawgstar posted:

Oh, yeah. That's where we got the weird game of Internet Telephone and "Allison SWATted Brad at a funeral!" or whatever.

Yeah, funny how one cop showing up to do a wellness check turned into a "swating" when Brad told the story...

MonsieurChoc posted:

Maybe, although I stopepd following Brad a long time and unsubscribed from his youtube channel. :shrug:

Man, I used to love Brad's stuff and his crossovers with Lupa especially. Now I can't even think think of them without distaste.

Yeah same. I use to love midnight screenings so much. I miss listening to Dave rant about pureflix movies and Tyler Perry films :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Midnight Screenings was always a blast. The worse the movie the better the video. Too bad Brad turned out to be a massive loving piece of poo poo. I don’t think anyone saw that curveball coming.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Captain Invictus posted:

well, a minute and a half in and yeah, that's really stupid of him to do, what the gently caress was he thinking. was it the one video or has he done it a ton? If he's repented on it, or compensated for it, and never done it again, that's one thing. If he's unapologetic about it, then yeah, gently caress him.

I believe the best he ever did was admit to taking "heavy inspiration" from the video he plagiarised. He never apologised or even fully admitted fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I always liked his style and sense of humor but it felt weirdly constrainted by polygon at times? Like not that they sat him down and told him what he had to do but more that he probably has a lot of rad ideas that aren't strictly videogame related or whatever they expect their creators to do that I am all on board to see.

yea I don't think anyone ever sat down with him and actively vetoed poo poo and all but it is fairly clear as weird as they can get at times, Polygon is still game/pop culture focused and expects their output to match that. I can see why he'd want to stretch his legs a bit after all these.