Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

what d'you reckon causes the double image on the muzzle blasts here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Internal reflection in the camera lens, same reason you get circular lens flares offset a bit from where the sun actually is.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
No idea but gently caress me I love those dumb rear end movies. Might have to gently caress around and double feature Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness sometime soon.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I watched evil dead 2 on a high dose of mushrooms and it was loving amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOpcdJ_V5_M

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i watched evil dead 2 with a face full of LSA in high school or maybe early college and I would not at all recommend it

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

if any of you didn't watch the Evil Dead TV series you should get on that, it wasn't perfect but it got a lot of laughs out of me.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I finished ip man during little jones's nap today and that sure was two hours of poorly paced propaganda. disappointing and i don't recommend it. the fighting was cool, but there were enough cuts during the fights that even though the individual moves were cool, it didn't really hold together

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

your disappointment may be broadcasting an IP Man

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

shoeberto posted:

No idea but gently caress me I love those dumb rear end movies. Might have to gently caress around and double feature Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness sometime soon.

i know those are classics but ash vs. evil dead the show is pretty dece

has lucy lawless and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzmTeP1VFTc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
I watched a season or two of Ash vs Evil Dead and found it to be Fine

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
whoever does the soundtrack is pretty good imo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

I watched a season or two of Ash vs Evil Dead and found it to be Fine

all ash wanted was to vacation in sunny jacksonville

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Achmed Jones posted:

I finished ip man during little jones's nap today and that sure was two hours of poorly paced propaganda. disappointing and i don't recommend it. the fighting was cool, but there were enough cuts during the fights that even though the individual moves were cool, it didn't really hold together
ip man 2 and 3 have way way better fights iirc

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
was watching Counterpart recently. starts out okay, a bit of a rough chuckle at this bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWi9_gD4dmY

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Netflix had the first 2 seasons of Ash vs Evil Dead and I really enjoyed them. It was just kinda perfect comfort food TV. I doubt it was ever gonna set the world on fire but I don't think that's what they were going for, and it worked cuz they were clearly doing it for the fans.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
ash vs. evil dead was fun as hell

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

yeah just watch the fights on youtube cause you arent losing out on anything

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Was looking for a show to fill the void left by umbrella academy, and I started watching doom patrol. It's been pretty good so far although I had to :filez: it since i'm not paying $15 for HBO max.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
doom patrol was way too much backstory and melodrama for me

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i like that every show on syfy starts with a really cool premise/cast and inevitably shits itself whether its 3 episodes or 3 seasons.

have they ever had a full run of a show that was satisfying?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
farscape and maybe the stargates

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Casual Encountess posted:

i like that every show on syfy starts with a really cool premise/cast and inevitably shits itself whether its 3 episodes or 3 seasons.

expanse, except wait they cancelled it and Amazon picked it up so

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

like the magicians was a great trash show that went up its own rear end in a top hat tooooooo much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCMMNUAYoNE

the later seasons of arrow are less stupid than this show yet ive watched 4 seasons of each

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

like i really hope they never explain the john wick world because half the fun of that movie is how casual everybody in that universe is about mayhem and murder and I think explaining it would take away the magic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they can’t explain it, as in there’s no way to explain a full quarter of the Earth’s population being killers for hire or support people for that industry. it’s just a different universe to ours

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the next stage of the john wick franchise is a tv show about the hotel so we're probably going to get some kind of explanation :/

mystes
May 31, 2006

Trying to explain that would be like trying to explain the economics of Harry Potter or something equally stupid.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

haveblue posted:

the next stage of the john wick franchise is a tv show about the hotel so we're probably going to get some kind of explanation :/

I thought that the next stage was a john wick film but Bob Odenkirk was the main character.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

i dont understand how there can be hunger and poverty in a world with literal magic. im sorry how do you not have infinity potatoes and poo poo?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mystes posted:

Trying to explain that would be like trying to explain the economics of Harry Potter or something equally stupid.

if James Potter had a shotgun none of this would have happened

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

i dont understand how there can be hunger and poverty in a world with literal magic. im sorry how do you not have infinity potatoes and poo poo?

we have more than enough food to feed everyone in the real world, and the answer as to why we don’t is very pedestrian and would likely be the same answer in their world

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
the problem with ash vs evil dead is it was on some second rate premium cable network. so i was watching it when it was new and that was a pain in the butt. i guess i’ll get back to it now that it’s on the net flicks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

haveblue posted:

the trend of constantly having to over-explain poo poo is bad. doom eternal is the john wick 2 of video games.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

mystes posted:

harry_potter_and_the_methods_of_rationality.odf

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

12 monkeys started okay and ended :mediocre:

it does not stand up to the movie in any way but hell they kill hitler

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Harry Potter? This is Harry Potter speaking.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ok wow next you're going to be talking about how the mudbloods should be allowed to eat for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im writing a story about literal wizard children that could magic themselves to their nerd spell college, and they're gonna monopolize the only train that still runs on time in britain to get there