Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

The Cameo posted:

Kenny went back to Winnipeg, worked some local indies, and then he saw a video of a guy named Kota Ibushi doing a match in a campground for this promotion called DDT, said “this is what I want to do!”, recorded the match where he wrestles one of his friends in and around his house and down to a lake, sent it to DDT, and the rest, well, you know the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJF7huzUis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Johnny Ace knew Kenny would be a star

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

edit: wrong thread

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Johnny Ace knew Kenny would be a star

Johnny Ace knew Kenny COULD be a star and so instead decided to send him to developmental to sit on his hands to do nothing but squat thrusts with Konnor of the Ascension and then block him going to All Japan.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

HidaO-Win posted:

"I'll be like 41, finally getting my opportunity"

oof

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

This was my introduction to Kenny Omega and it still is my favorite match of his. Everything about it is perfect.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Tyson-Smith-22395

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

I just remembered the absolutely Mantaur-rear end facepaint job they decided to put Ronda in for most/all of her run. Imagine falling rear end-backwards into a legit MMA star and feeling the need to do that.

From what I remember, Ronda had her own makeup team independent of WWE and that's where the blame lies.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/FlyinBrianJr/status/1343747336753848320

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DM Punk posted:

From what I remember, Ronda had her own makeup team independent of WWE and that's where the blame lies.

IIRC Dave put the blame on WWE for that but maybe this came out after. Even so it's a QA issue if they still sent her out there looking like that.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DM Punk posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DM Punk posted:

It takes work to make someone as naturally attractive as Ronda look unappealing in itself.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god. :laffo:

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1343765440150056960

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

gotten to

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Why did he @ the NBA

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because basketball fans called him a big fatty fat fat on Twitter when he showed up as the first thing they saw when Dynamite started after the NBA last week.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Yeah, that's rough :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If this is on purpose, it's Kaufman level.
If it's not, then :laffo:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Is this what she was going for?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because basketball fans called him a big fatty fat fat on Twitter when he showed up as the first thing they saw when Dynamite started after the NBA last week.

Oh dang they hurt his feelings

Thanks for the context

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jericho has also posted a bunch of shirtless photos so he is really proud of his body lately.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If a bunch of NBA guys calling him a fatty fat fat is enough to get him to cut back on the sauce and get back in the gym, it will be yet another example of why cyber bullying is always good and works.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope I look like fat jericho when I'm a grandpa

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope I look like fat jericho when I'm a grandpa

Honestly I wish I looked as good as him right now and I'm like sixteen years younger than him.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

MassRafTer posted:

Jericho has also posted a bunch of shirtless photos so he is really proud of his body lately.

He is often drunk

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It is funny that like four days of drying out is seemingly all it takes for fat old Jericho to get visible abs. If he did a two-week booze detox I assume he’d immediately be in 2018 shape again

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Myers_Wrestling/status/1343769298716790784

People are getting really mad about this tweet.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He's right.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It could be WWE actually getting the gently caress out of the way for once and waiting for AEW to throw the first pitch and honour him properly on the national stage in a hamfisted attempt at diplomacy.

It’s probably just WWE being half assed and lovely though.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Jericho should get fatter imo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

It could be WWE actually getting the gently caress out of the way for once and waiting for AEW to throw the first pitch and honour him properly on the national stage in a hamfisted attempt at diplomacy.

It’s probably just WWE being half assed and lovely though.

I'm actually half-willing to give WWE the tiniest benefit of the doubt on this because it seems like they let the wrestlers and commentators do what they wanted and you know if they wanted to, they would absolutely be clamping down on that poo poo, so maybe they just decided to get out of the way, let the talent do their own small tributes, let Xavier and Kofi do their thing on Raw Talk and left AEW do their big tribute episode.

It's entirely possible that they just don't care, though.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Right after he tweeted it, I replied saying something to the effect of "it sucks, but unfortunately it's not surprising because of things like how they handled the deaths of Lou Thesz and Wahoo McDaniel." The abuse in the replies (almost all of which seemed to be replying to something I never said) was so bad that I had to delete the tweet to make it manageable. Even though it was the most utterly loving benign comment.

I don't understand these #ForTheBrand ride or die WWE fans at all. The core TNA diehards? I actually get that in a weird way given the trajectory of the promotion. But WWE? The incumbent? Why? Why be fiercely loyal to this bland factory wrestling poo poo? (And I say that as something who, as a loving adult, has had times, like 2007, where I felt that there was so much good WWE—well, and AAA—content on TV that there was no need to search out tapes/DVDs unless you had all the time in the world and needed to see everything.) Is it literally as it simple as it being all they know? Or is it something with a bunch of catalysts, including but not limited to the steps WWE has taken to remove its fanbase's empathy?

Brian Myers was Jon Huber's friend. On the new ep of his pod with Ryder, he apparently talks about bonding with the guy over fatherhood, telling him about his wife's pregnancy before he told anyone else, and already seeing the guy in dreams. Even if you disagree with him, let him grieve how he wants. And being that we're talking about the death of possibly the single most beloved and respected person in modern wrestling, who was in WWE's locker room a year ago? He's probably right that they should have done more, anyway! "It's Monday, you know what that means," the tribute spots, the Raw Talk segment...those are all the types of things that the wrestlers and announcers know they can sneak past the office. All *WWE* did was the slate.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 29, 2020

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Trump and Brexit. Twitter.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's stupid to expect more than the bare minimum from WWE on this. Brodie was a guy Vince saw as a midcarder who wasn't grateful and then went out and proved Vince wrong. As much as Vince will talk about respecting that kind of poo poo, he absolutely does not respect that poo poo. A graphic, letting wrestlers use his twitter catchphrase and a discus lariat were all that was getting on the TV.

Brian is right though, he was an active wrestler and by all accounts beloved by his peers. It was a tragic and senseless death of a father of a young son and husband. It absolutely should have been a ten bell salute and vignettes of wrestlers telling Brodie stories.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Brodie has multiple children and it’s weird I only see people mentioning his eldest son, I don’t know why it’s weird but I do find it such from a “why do people process like this” kind of way

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Brodie has multiple children and it’s weird I only see people mentioning his eldest son, I don’t know why it’s weird but I do find it such from a “why do people process like this” kind of way

The other son must be very young because I've only seen the first one mentioned.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

The other son must be very young because I've only seen the first one mentioned.

He's 3 years old, I think.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

His youngest kid is way too young to process it in the same way, unfortunately or perhaps fortunately in some ways outside of the horrible fact they’re going to grow up never really knowing their dad. An 8 year old is going to have a much harder time adjusting than a toddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

davidbix posted:

I don't understand these #ForTheBrand ride or die WWE fans at all.

They're Patriots fans from Milwaukee basically.