Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is there a button on controller that cycles through things to interact with? I'll be wanting to pick something up and can't because I'm in proximity of an NPC with dialogue options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SubponticatePoster posted:

You can't do it from the menu, you walk up to it and hit whatever "equip immediately" is on your platform (on PS it's triangle). If you pick it up the normal way it goes into inventory and then you hosed. I know this still works because I did it last night.

e: VVV He glitched on me too, but in a way that worked to my advantage. He just stood in the elevator screaming, occasionally teleporting away and coming back. I shot him in the face. Then his corpse shot up into the ceiling on the ride down :shrug:
I hit R and it says "action blocked" when I try to pick up the pipe. I'll keep trying because even solid hits are taking off less than 1%.

Do you pick it up after pressing the last button to start the fight, between finishing with Fred and sitting down to talk to Vik, or...?

E: never mind, I got it. R to equip on pickup, then do not change weapons before starting to swing. Even then he's tough as hell and barely stuns. I dropped three perk points in to Payback and something to reduce stamina drain from blocking. A+ cheating.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I built a new PC over the weekend and when I am trying to run the game, I've had several times that the game just restarts my PC with no warning. I haven't even managed to start the game proper, these crashes have been in the menu and in the character creator.

My PC is a 5600X, RTX 3070, 32 GB. Game is installed on an NVME SSD. I verified the install files in the Epic Launcher, and I have not turned on any OC settings. I made sure that the drivers are current as well. It did seem initially that the game was crashing because of some issue with the Windows Firewall, but I disabled that and while it gets me further in, the game is still restarting my system. I tried to look at error reports but the Windows text files are coming up blank when I go into the CP2077 files, and all I can tell from the Windows crash reporter is that one of those times it restarted the CP2077 launcher crashed.
Win+R, mdsched.exe and see if it detects any RAM faults.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 29, 2020

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077 the story of a girl and her motorcycles

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Oooh wow does this game really need to be broken even more then it already is? I feel like the actual price of the DLC is that it breaks CP77 even further.

:confuoot:

quote:

Free DLC starts hitting Night City in early 2021

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I bet it's more clothes and vehicles

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Now including 2-3x more car offers from fixers!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the way AAA studios work the dlc has probably been actively developed for years

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

dyzzy posted:

I bet it's more clothes and vehicles

If Witcher 3 is any indication, it will be some actual quests. But probably also more cosmetic options too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If it's just dyes for clothes and paints for cars, I'd be perfectly happy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If any of them expand on the paths and endings, I'll likely start playing it again since I've got a high-end.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

More NCPD jobs because the game doesn't have enough of those.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

KillHour posted:

Way to be condescending. This game does not let you project your identity onto your character very much at all. You have choices to bend the character in certain directions, but V is far from a blank slate. You don't have any choice over what Johnny does (which is a huge theme of the game and kind of the point to the mechanic of having someone taking over your brain). The game is not trying to be a self-insert and it's weird to think it is just because it doesn't dictate V's sexuality (but does dictate Johnny's, which is again the point). If Johnny was gay, we'd all be laughing at how the game makes you watch yourself give someone a handjob or whatever. It's a very minor part of the game and CDPR wasn't wrong or bad for doing it the way they did.

Edit: To put a finer point on it, I wasn't saying "You're not allowed to focus on this problem because there's a bigger problem over here." I'm saying the game flat out doesn't care about you as a player. It doesn't care if something makes you uncomfortable - in fact, it tries to make you uncomfortable every chance it gets. It's a central thesis to the game. It's a deliberate choice the game makes and calling a specific instance out and saying "The game shouldn't make me feel uncomfortable in this particular way" misses the point. I really don't know how they could have made it more obvious if they tried. Maybe it would be better if they forced the PC to be gay - then there would always be one gay character and one straight character and it would eventually alienate everyone in the same way. It would have probably been better for the story, considering how shallow the relationships are anyways. But they made the decision to have "you pick your own sexuality!" as a selling point early on, which was probably the main mistake here.

This is a weird concept and I kind of like that they came up with it just because it is so different, but it makes no sense. Evolutionary pressure happens on the order of millenia or longer, not decades, and there will never be a reproductive advantage to being gay - gay people don't pass on their genes more effectively or more often than straight people (for obvious reasons). We already have birth control and family planning. People will never go gay as a solution to overpopulation. Even if I was outlawed from having sex with women, I wouldn't suddenly start having sex with men.

IIRC, he wrote this back in the 70s when conventional wisdom even amongst the “woke” was that you could choose to be gay or not gay so it was presented as a cultural shift rather than an evolutionary change.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
I beat Razor legitimately with 4 in body once I realized that he's completely allergic to side dodges. Always put yourself somewhere in the ring where you have room to dodge left or right-- if you dodge backwards his punches will hit you even if he's a million miles away.

If he superman punches dodge to the side twice and then hit him with one power punch and then hammer him with light punches until he recovers and then get out of there and reposition for another superman punch. Alternately, hammer on him until he shoves you back and then side dodge the follow up then see above.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

RichterIX posted:

I beat Razor legitimately with 4 in body once I realized that he's completely allergic to side dodges. Always put yourself somewhere in the ring where you have room to dodge left or right-- if you dodge backwards his punches will hit you even if he's a million miles away.

If he superman punches dodge to the side twice and then hit him with one power punch and then hammer him with light punches until he recovers and then get out of there and reposition for another superman punch. Alternately, hammer on him until he shoves you back and then side dodge the follow up then see above.
I noticed his punches reach halfway across the ring if you're right in front of him, but the superman also seems to track and anything I hit him with if I circle too wide has no effect.

I beat the rest of the fighters legit but you can't even block Razer's poo poo unless you pick up an actual weapon. Did you have the legendary Gorilla arms?

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 5, 2022

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

I said come in! posted:

Oooh wow does this game really need to be broken even more then it already is? I feel like the actual price of the DLC is that it breaks CP77 even further.
Uh, what?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

RichterIX posted:

The superman punch tracked me really well, the only way I dodged that one was to start in a corner and dodge at the last second. I swear for some reason that doesn't produce the giant shockwave that would gib me otherwise.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Someone way the gently caress back suggested it's easier/safe to dodge backwards and that worked really well for me (I still opted to cheat a melee weapon in, tho)

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Shumagorath posted:

I noticed this punches reach halfway across the ring if you're right in front of him, but the superman also seems to track and anything I hit him with if I circle too wide has no effect.

I beat the rest of the fighters legit but you can't even block Razer's poo poo unless you pick up an actual weapon. Did you have the legendary Gorilla arms?

Nope, no arm cyberware at all. I never blocked, just made sure I had room for two sideways dodges in a row at all times. If you nail him in the "gut" (which seems to also extend to his lower back) after he superman punches it stuns him and then you can combo him for a bit. It's also probably worth mentioning that you want to perform the first dodge right when he is about to hit you, maybe he tracks left and right if you try to dodge too early? I wouldn't say it's as timing dependant as, say, a witch time dodge in Bayonetta, but you definitely want him to be committed to a direction before you dodge.

If you're really REALLY having trouble and are speced for hacking, the passive crit bonus on legendary short circuit would probably make pretty quick work of him.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Someone way the gently caress back suggested it's easier/safe to dodge backwards and that worked really well for me (I still opted to cheat a melee weapon in, tho)

See, I saw this and tried it that way and I ate poo poo every time. Especially if you try to hit him too long and he shoves you straight back, you can frantically backpedal and his follow-up punch will smack you from all the way across the ring.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Really frustrating that the quest choice in They Won't Go When I Go is so fixed: Towards the end you're given the choice to either crucify him yourself (which is a super weird thing to do but apparently V is totally up for it - I mean really why would V be up for that at all? Or to walk away. Skipping the extremely obvious choice of pulling out your iron and putting one between Joshua's eyes - thus loving over the corps and sparing him the torture.
There's no option to stop the crucifixion at all.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My first use of photo mode is to show exactly how fair this fight is:

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I really thought there was some twist coming with Evelyn's story but apparently Unless I'm missing something there is no twist, she isn't a corporate sleeper agent with a secret agenda, she was really just a random sex worker who thought she was gonna backstab the voodoo boys, the top brass of Arasaka, a top night city fixer, and then after that, Netwatch would deal with her as an equal. Also all of this hinges on her trusting the skills and intentions of two gullible thugs with no street cred. I absolutely bit on some stat check dialogue choices from V that insinuate some greater plan or conspiracy on Evelyn's part, and they are very funny in hindsight. Evelyn but especially V is are complete idiots and they need to emphasize this more lol. They poke fun at Jackie plenty but V is just as stupid while also taking themself very seriously. That said, does Judy never mention getting back at the Voodoo Boys? She knows they were the ones that cyberattacked her at Clouds right? because you go through Evelyn's BD recordings together? I still haven't finished her takeover quest for Clouds, but that plot seems out of place and only seems to make sense to be if she thinks Clouds is the reason for Evelyn's death which.... lies mostly elsewhere

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Grouchio posted:

Does the game "suck less" than it did last week or is it too early?
The last patch notes claim they fixed the "8 megabyte save and you're hosed" glitch, but only going forward not retroactively if you already had hosed saves. But that was one of the pretty big things fixed at least.

Like sure, shooting through walls as a common weapon type is pretty up there. But I've seen people complain fruit that makes you vomit blood is overpowered "Because it grows on trees!" while standing next to a trek style replicator and a tube that respawns livestock, so there seems to be something that drives people crazy about things that reduce Clicks Per Result in single player games regardless of effectiveness.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 29, 2020

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I beat him (6 body) by charging him with strong punch, backing up fast after the hit and dodging until I was full stamin again, then charging him again. I don't know if my short circuit was the main factor or not but I didn't get hit. I had legendary gorilla arms. It took maybe six or seven hits to take him out. If you get too close to him it's too easy to lose track of where he is and up catching a punch or two and it's over. Also obviously, don't charge into him if he's swinging.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Mr. Pool posted:

I really thought there was some twist coming with Evelyn's story but apparently Unless I'm missing something there is no twist, she isn't a corporate sleeper agent with a secret agenda, she was really just a random sex worker who thought she was gonna backstab the voodoo boys, the top brass of Arasaka, a top night city fixer, and then after that, Netwatch would deal with her as an equal. Also all of this hinges on her trusting the skills and intentions of two gullible thugs with no street cred. I absolutely bit on some stat check dialogue choices from V that insinuate some greater plan or conspiracy on Evelyn's part, and they are very funny in hindsight. Evelyn but especially V is are complete idiots and they need to emphasize this more lol. They poke fun at Jackie plenty but V is just as stupid while also taking themself very seriously. That said, does Judy never mention getting back at the Voodoo Boys? She knows they were the ones that cyberattacked her at Clouds right? because you go through Evelyn's BD recordings together? I still haven't finished her takeover quest for Clouds, but that plot seems out of place and only seems to make sense to be if she thinks Clouds is the reason for Evelyn's death which.... lies mostly elsewhere

Clouds owner did some heinous poo poo to her as well and they all deserve to die but yeah she doesn't seem to track the VDB at all afterwards and they are as much responsible for what happens to her as Woodman et al.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

RichterIX posted:

I think the game wanted you to side dodge (works) and then power attack him in the gut (work) , causing his 'down on one knee' big stagger, and then hit him with a light combo during that. only problem is that if you time it wrong even once with light attacks you trigger his three hit combination with zero startup and get instakilled. I just stuck with power attacks the whole time and tried to never get stamina too low, because once he's under 30%, like very boxer you gotta leave something extra in the tank so you can interrupt their inhaler animation if you need to. My char had 3 body and only was able to win due to 20 Cool + perks for massive criticals along with the Short Circuit legendary passive , which meant I either did like 100 damage per punch or 2,400 damage per punch due to the short circuit proc lol

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Section Z posted:

Like sure, shooting through walls as a common weapon type is pretty up there. But I've seen people complain fruit that makes you vomit blood is overpowered "Because it grows on trees!" while standing next to a trek style replicator and a tube that respawns livestock, so there seems to be something that drives people crazy about things that reduce Clicks Per Result in single player games regardless of effectiveness.
Again... Uh, what?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Section Z posted:

Your dealer sucks!!

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

navyjack posted:

IIRC, he wrote this back in the 70s when conventional wisdom even amongst the “woke” was that you could choose to be gay or not gay so it was presented as a cultural shift rather than an evolutionary change.

This makes more sense, so thanks for the clarification.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Clouds owner did some heinous poo poo to her as well and they all deserve to die but yeah she doesn't seem to track the VDB at all afterwards and they are as much responsible for what happens to her as Woodman et al.

You get a few chances to go beast mode on VDBs, could at least give V an acknowledgement line "I know what you did to Evelyn, so this is for her and of us other 'ranyons' " something like that. Cuz yeah its weird that the fact that VDBs killed Evelyn goes completely unmentioned.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

FlamingLiberal posted:

I built a new PC over the weekend and when I am trying to run the game, I've had several times that the game just restarts my PC with no warning. I haven't even managed to start the game proper, these crashes have been in the menu and in the character creator.

My PC is a 5600X, RTX 3070, 32 GB. Game is installed on an NVME SSD. I verified the install files in the Epic Launcher, and I have not turned on any OC settings. I made sure that the drivers are current as well. It did seem initially that the game was crashing because of some issue with the Windows Firewall, but I disabled that and while it gets me further in, the game is still restarting my system. I tried to look at error reports but the Windows text files are coming up blank when I go into the CP2077 files, and all I can tell from the Windows crash reporter is that one of those times it restarted the CP2077 launcher crashed.

Yeah, this sounds like its probably not the game that's at fault. How's your PC operating under load otherwise?

I once had a similar issue that I couldn't solve for the life of me until I stripped the computer back down to its constituent parts and found that I'd installed one of the motherboard stand-offs in the wrong place, inadvertently shorting the board. WHOOPS.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mr. Pool posted:

There's a big black hole in the middle of her story and it reeks of cut content/rewrites to me. The whole Evelyn/Netwatch/Voodoo Boys/Heist Mastermind part of the story feels like it's missing a lot of detail.

The Voodoo Boys/Netwatch parts of the story are some of the oldest they'd done. It's in a lot of older preview videos. My feeling is Act 1 is the oldest stuff and then they started working on Act 2 which focused on Evelyn's connection to the Voodoo Boys/Netwatch, who ultimately planned the heist, and why but then the focus of the story changed to Johnny Silverhands because they got the worlds biggest movie star to agree to the role. So they just kind of dropped that arc and wrote around it.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I can't understand how people think the Johnny Silverhand stuff wasn't always going to be the biggest part of the story. It was always going to be front and centre regardless of Keanu or not. The dude is iconic in the lore.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Section Z posted:

John Titor here giving us glimpses of patch 1.15.

I can't understand how people think the Johnny Silverhand stuff wasn't always going to be the biggest part of the story. It was always going to be front and centre regardless of Keanu or not. The dude is iconic in the lore.

I figured he'd be a big part of the game, wasn't expecting him to be the most boring part though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DLC that replaces Johnny Silverhand with Johnny Five Aces

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

free dlc will be a bunch of small quests, costumes/weapons plus new game plus.

big addons. not sure. my guess is first will be something with Mr. Blue Eyes and or Morgan blackhand and the other will probably make some expansion on the endgame somehow like blood and wine.

Mr. Pool posted:

v and jackie are dumbasses but so is evelyn and i like that my gut feeling of her being way over her head was correct because she is very clearly trying to pull off the whole "mysterious noir damsel who is involved with deeper poo poo" like you said, but nope, she is just an abused women who got played by the voodoo boys for their dumb box trap to catch their goddess. if you pass enough checks with corpo V it becomes pretty obvious that she isnt really sure what she is doing and is winging it while also not knowing how the "game" works.

what amuses me is Dex falling for it. like i guess he really needed eddies bad because its loving hell of a risk.

navyjack posted:

1988 but yeah.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

It's just the best answer I have to account for the weird empty part of the game around Pacifica and that whole section of the story. Look at the character design for the Netwatch Agent and the detail in the cinema scene. That poo poo was not supposed to be a 2 minute thing that never comes up again. That dude has a backstory and there was a quest line dropped there I'd bet on it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's just the best answer I have to account for the weird empty part of the game around Pacifica and that whole section of the story. Look at the character design for the Netwatch Agent and the detail in the cinema scene. That poo poo was not supposed to be a 2 minute thing that never comes up again. That dude has a backstory and there was a quest line dropped there I'd bet on it.

Pacifica is insane. Just this gorgeous backdrop of abandoned mega buildings and you can't go to any of them. Hell, when you're following Placide there's an attack chopper straight up shooting the absolute hell out of one of them

This isn't even acknowledged!

Like man can you imagine all the fun poo poo you could have here? It's basically the wild loving west and we only have like... 1 mission in it?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pacifica is insane. Just this gorgeous backdrop of abandoned mega buildings and you can't go to any of them. Hell, when you're following Placide there's an attack chopper straight up shooting the absolute hell out of one of them

This isn't even acknowledged!

Like man can you imagine all the fun poo poo you could have here? It's basically the wild loving west and we only have like... 1 mission in it?

The main quest mission. 2 boxing missions. Like 2 or 3 side gigs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

DLC that replaces Johnny Silverhand with Johnny Five Aces