Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I got the demon's souls remake and it's a lot of fun now that I'm a tank.

Also, this is my first Soulsborne game.

I'm guessing Bloodborne is kinda good for an old game on a dead system?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Bloodborne is the best one

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Heath posted:

I hate Bloodborne and love the rest of the Souls games, so ymmv

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Heath posted:

That's a funny way of spelling Dark Souls 2

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
My friends, I need a link to the beginning of the INCEL-EXCEL meme. It’s literally for science. I do actual meme analysis in the real academic world with my degree because goon.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Where in the hell are all the hot hits being smashed together at the 11th hour with our latest hit twisted tea? I haven’t seen a single Ghana dancer yet

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Now this is a good game, one I have hundreds of hours in:

roguelike games gotta let you get OP early sometimes, that's what keeps me playing, never the slow burn runs that are all about fundamentals.

The world needs more Slay The Spire memes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Busket Posket posted:

My friends, I need a link to the beginning of the INCEL-EXCEL meme. It’s literally for science. I do actual meme analysis in the real academic world with my degree because goon.

i summarized it back here

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

blessings upon u

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I saw some David Cross conversation like 2 pages ago and had to share my opinion thusly: David cross is funny as a character on screen but his standup is really bad.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Busket Posket posted:

blessings upon u

If you’re not tracking the Simpsons meme thread, you’re missing out on a goldmine.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

The Maestro posted:

If you’re not tracking the Simpsons meme thread, you’re missing out on a goldmine.

Any attempt to compile a full analysis of that thread would end up making Timecube look like IKEA assembly instructions. I value my sanity.

thank you though

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

oldpainless posted:

I saw some David Cross conversation like 2 pages ago and had to share my opinion thusly: David cross is funny as a character on screen but his standup is really bad.

I mean, it's very niche: if you like the old Bill Hicks style of just being fuckin mad and insulting everyone, it works. But that can get a little stale after a while.

I think during the Bush era there was enough angst to go around, and it kinda helped him reach his audience.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

His acting work is better than his stand up it's true, but his stand up isn't bad.

Also if you haven't watched the The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret you should really fix that.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone requested some twisted tea memes given the recent video... I believe this is still developing but here's what I got so far:

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

I mean, it's very niche: if you like the old Bill Hicks style of just being fuckin mad and insulting everyone, it works. But that can get a little stale after a while.

I think during the Bush era there was enough angst to go around, and it kinda helped him reach his audience.

David Cross' anger was always more about aesthetic disgust at the lower class, Bush was just the way that him and his peers could launder angrily screaming about how stupid and backwards southerners are into a way that was superficially progressive. Also spending his youth being an angry atheist and then suddenly getting really into being a Zionist scold one he started getting old and more successful.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Someone requested some twisted tea memes given the recent video... I believe this is still developing but here's what I got so far:

These are good. keep em coming like a can of tea to the face.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just saw an ad for Twisted Tea on Twitter and they will never not have people posting the video in their comments anymore.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

you're not supposed to actually post David Mitchell

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Busket Posket posted:

blessings upon u

Busket Posket, FFT, et al.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That's a funny way of spelling Dark Souls 2

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I hate Bloodborne and love the rest of the Souls games, so ymmv

I see someone got hunted down before growing eyes on the inside. Shameful.

Remember, shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I see someone got hunted down before growing eyes on the inside. Shameful.

Remember, shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity.

Again, ymmv. My preferred playstyle is heavy armor tank with a slow and hard hitting weapon. The passive and positioning based game is what I enjoy, which is why the rapid fire twitch dodging and forced hyper aggression of Bloodborne didn't click for me.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

oldpainless posted:

I liked it when I was an edgy teenager.

Speaking of, some bit-part actor on his old show, Mr. Show just got a role in an action movie https://youtu.be/nPt49x4tkNI

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's so loving weird how many of these are made with Gwent cards.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

oldpainless posted:

It took me a long time to make the realisation after listening to his standup CD for a while: there's no jokes! It's just stories and stuff. What's that routine on there about him getting drunk with a country band? What is point? I guess it's fine for a quick laugh on a night out but we shouldn't take it as an artistic document.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

His first album, Shut Up, You loving Baby! is very much like that but it is also very funny. :shrug:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A lot of his comedy album stories just weirdly taper off to nothing because he's giving off vibes like he gets bored telling his own stories halfway through them.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

you can't hurt us more than we hurt ourselves

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

PittTheElder posted:

His acting work is better than his stand up it's true, but his stand up isn't bad.

Also if you haven't watched the The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret you should really fix that.

That was good.

(hard to find though)

His role in GTA:SA though, he even admits was bad. Not his fault.

https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/6/12393702/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-supply-lines-cheat-hard-david-cross

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The reason everyone complains about that mission is it was literally bugged. The little RC airplane consumed fuel way faster than it was supposed to, like 4x or something, so it was nearly impossible to finish it in the time limit.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/dannolan/status/1343794911460483073

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Busket Posket posted:

If you end up referencing my post in a journal or something please for the love of god post a link itt

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://vid.pr0gramm.com/2020/12/29/e6584d056de5f333.mp4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elviscat posted:

I liked it when I was an edgy teenager.

Speaking of, some bit-part actor on his old show, Mr. Show just got a role in an action movie https://youtu.be/nPt49x4tkNI

So by "from the producer of John Wick" they just mean "John Wick again", I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Am I the only person alive who had zero problem with the RC missions in vice city and San Andreas?

Piece of piss