Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pacifica is insane. Just this gorgeous backdrop of abandoned mega buildings and you can't go to any of them. Hell, when you're following Placide there's an attack chopper straight up shooting the absolute hell out of one of them

This isn't even acknowledged!

Like man can you imagine all the fun poo poo you could have here? It's basically the wild loving west and we only have like... 1 mission in it?

If you fight Placide and take him down non lethally he messages you to watch you're back definately alot more stuff they wanted to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

itry posted:

eww gif compression

Yeah once I found those they never came off

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

pik_d posted:

Gonna be honest, it seems like a situation where save scumming is probably the right idea.

once I realized they did something so stupid I just checked the box in cheat engine for free crafting and did a few of each until they were the optimal rolls

e: using Psalm 11:6 as an example:

Equipped is the optimal one (IMO), but crit chance, crit damage and headshot multipler can all instead roll as bonus ricochet damage (trash mod, IMO)

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 29, 2020

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Jeff Fatwood posted:

Shame about the Us Cracks though. They seem nice. I just want to go back and explain to them "look, he's having a mid life crisis or something"

Wait, you can have good solution and get to take a picture with Kerry and US CRACKS !! :neckbeard: :swoon:

This loving game :allears:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I finally got to a non-Arasaka ending.

The secret ending: No complaints. I decided to send V off with Alt and give ol' Johnny a second chance. It was suitably bittersweet. Felt as close to a satisfying send off for V as the game is going to give us. Typical hero sacrifices themself and passes onto the unknown sort of stuff.

Nomads ending: Feels kinda silly. I don't know who Bob or the other one (Teddy?) are so I don't feel particularly anything that they got killed. Game crashed to desktop during the Adam Smasher fight. So I don't know how it ends up. I'm sorta dreading that I lost the save and have to do it all over again. Finished it. It sort of feels like a happy ending.

Looks like the Arasaka ending is plain a bad choice to make.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Dec 29, 2020

itry
Aug 23, 2019

On the subject of clothing:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/573 posted:

Images and console ID's for all clothes that can be found in the world/bought at clothing stores. Not including iconic/quest clothing. All clothes are shown on female V.

Could help if you're trying to find a specific style for your V (on PC).

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Friendship ended with akira bike, now scorpions bike is my best friend

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Nomads ending: Feels kinda silly. I don't know who Bob or the other one (Teddy?) are so I don't feel particularly anything that they got killed. Game crashed to desktop during the Adam Smasher fight. So I don't know how it ends up. I'm sorta dreading that I lost the save and have to do it all over again

I went nomad opening to nomad ending with female V, and going back to my own body to live out my last few months with Judy skipping night city to go nomad with me. Felt like a really good arc going from nomad roots then meeting Panam and basically hitting on her immediately and getting a polite no thank you, then that relationship just being a wonderful warm friendship and getting pulled back into the life in a new family and bringing my new hot girlfriend Judy into it at the end and riding off into the sunset, even if I probably only have a couple months before the chip kills me.

I've not done any of the other endings, but that felt really cathartic and solid to me.

Agree that the teddy / whoever stuff doesn't really land, and I don't know if it was because of how I progressed the rogue/johnny plots but the Adam Smasher stuff felt really empty as well, he was just a robot at the end I hacked a bunch and Johnny was already suppressed and silent at that point in my game, I had no real emotional stakes in that fight (beyond him having stomped saul's head 30 seconds earlier)

Also gently caress those boxing matches, I played a sneaky hacker who was basically a wet paper towel as soon as anyone got a chance to shoot a gun or throw a punch at me. I was level 40 when I finally gave up on trying to beat them and pushed the point of no return button, and I still couldn't do more than 1% damage per hit, and all of the remaining fighters could take me out in a single punch if i made one mistake. Best i got on the arroyo sniper guy was getting him down to 40% with constant heavy punches, which took like 5 minutes at which point I missed a single punch and he kicked me once in the knee and I died.

Only thing in the game I can think of that completely screws you over for being sneaky hacker

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For the final boxing match you can make the guy bug out on the ropes so that he just stands on top of them stuck in his taunting animation while you beat his rear end. Only way I managed to do it. If you just nudge him around until he's elevated slightly above you the AI will glitch and his attacks will never connect again.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You don't really get anything out of those matches, iirc, so don't feel bad if you can't do them. They aren't as interesting/funny as the ones in W3 either.

Edit: Ok, you do get an ugly car. And a meh sniper rifle (which you could probably take by force anyway).

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Christ they didnt do that cool rear end looming sandstorm effect just for one of claires races, did they?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those boxing matches are so misleading because every one of them looks like it's own, new side job and they are just open world fluff crap. Like, every single boxing encounter is treated individually with the same gravity as say, the entire Judy questline.

I thought I still had a slew of side jobs, and realized I am actually down to 4 total along with the dumb boxing matches and the graffiti quest. Idg why that poo poo was in the good quest log when it should have just been marked in blue on the map like all of the other trash content.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Christ they didnt do that cool rear end looming sandstorm effect just for one of claires races, did they?

I had it during one quest checking routers, no idea if it's flagged for quests only or happen occasionally. I saw CheatEngine table with weather values, so I might try triggering it sometime later.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Lord Bob posted:

Also gently caress those boxing matches, I played a sneaky hacker who was basically a wet paper towel as soon as anyone got a chance to shoot a gun or throw a punch at me. I was level 40 when I finally gave up on trying to beat them and pushed the point of no return button, and I still couldn't do more than 1% damage per hit, and all of the remaining fighters could take me out in a single punch if i made one mistake. Best i got on the arroyo sniper guy was getting him down to 40% with constant heavy punches, which took like 5 minutes at which point I missed a single punch and he kicked me once in the knee and I died.

Only thing in the game I can think of that completely screws you over for being sneaky hacker

Uhhhhh legendary short circuit triggers on punches. Hackers have an easier time in ring second only to max body chars. A body int char can probably one shot the fights.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

It comes up in another mission but I have never seen it randomly trigger.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So I think I want to focus on hacking, what other attribute would synergize with an int build? From the tutorial, I don't think melee is for me - hate dodging/blocking. So probably some gun skill, or stealth...?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Avalerion posted:

So I think I want to focus on hacking, what other attribute would synergize with an int build? From the tutorial, I don't think melee is for me - hate dodging/blocking. So probably some gun skill, or stealth...?

I'm a "melee build" with hacking I guess and I just run up to enemies and one shot most of them with my katana. Don't sweat it too much and just do what you find enjoyable.

The game is dying to break its spine over your knee.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Avalerion posted:

I would check the perks under Cool. Some of them might go nicely. That or Reflexes as a backup when hacking fails.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Avalerion posted:

If you're doing hacking, you're probably hanging back a lot. Going into tech can help since charged tech weapons can shoot through walls. And then the ping quickhack will highlight the enemies for you to shoot

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
So I asked this 10,000 posts ago to no avail but I'll give it another try before I get a refund.

I'm playing on XBONE. After completing the prologue it seems like I can't damage enemies anymore in any encounter that's mission related. I deal headshot after headshot in a pickup mission or NCPD encounter and do ZERO damage. It registers damage but tighter enemy's health bar didn't budge. I can still kill civilians but nothing I do to enemies that are agroed does anything. I've restarted multiple times and even put this game down for a week but when I came back same thing. I even reverted to multiple previous saves post prologue and had no luck. Any ideas? I really don't want to start from scratch because I put about eight hours into this save. The only thing I can think of is starting from s scratch but if that's my only recourse I'll just wait a year and get it in the next gen after the bugs are ironed out.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Avalerion posted:

Hacking + melee is extremely fun, switching a group of peoples eyes off and then whack a moling them one after the other is :discourse:

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
Considering there are 10-15 ways to op yourself each play through I feel sorry for those that min maxed this first time round.

Yeah the inventory system is borked and confusing, yeah it’s sucks when a craft spec isn’t the weapon you thought it was, but progressing organically you turn into an unstoppable beast anyway and frankly, I applaud the game for giving you so many options to do so.

I can forgive the fact it’s taken me 75% through the game to understand how crafting works, or that I got halfway through before i found clothes worth wearing for more than 20 mins, cos you eventually end up with a decently unique character that I know next time through will be worthwhile in terms of a different feeling play through.

Probably the biggest advantage to just keeping on good modded gear you like and finding a set of weapons that work for you and upgrading slowly is that you have to deal with the lovely ui less.

I’m still using a lot of the types of weapons I found toward the early game (Lizzies pistol, Ajax assault rifle, silenced and scoped - purchased a legendary version after using a rare one for ages) paired with a smart assault rifle I got from that shooting gallery mission which accompany the projectile arms.

Add in the sneaking and basic hacking and yeah you don’t exactly need to overly cheese the ai to take advantage of the situations, but the game doesn’t let you get away with being totally stupid either.

It’s definitely a game not to take too seriously despite its themes. I hope that they do keep making it better because it’s a huge amount of fun, very immersive at times and certainly that Deus Ex sequel Invisible War and beyond wishes it was.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

James Woods posted:

So I asked this 10,000 posts ago to no avail but I'll give it another try before I get a refund.

I'm playing on XBONE. After completing the prologue it seems like I can't damage enemies anymore in any encounter that's mission related. I deal headshot after headshot in a pickup mission or NCPD encounter and do ZERO damage. It registers damage but tighter enemy's health bar didn't budge. I can still kill civilians but nothing I do to enemies that are agroed does anything. I've restarted multiple times and even put this game down for a week but when I came back same thing. I even reverted to multiple previous saves post prologue and had no luck. Any ideas? I really don't want to start from scratch because I put about eight hours into this save. The only thing I can think of is starting from s scratch but if that's my only recourse I'll just wait a year and get it in the next gen after the bugs are ironed out.

No idea, don't think I saw that issue mentioned by anyone else. Can you try to down an enemy by hacking, or in melee? Maybe it will reset some weird flag in your game.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I got it during my race

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I’ve been playing for 12 hours or so and I still can’t figure out if doing an all-hacking character is viable. It sure seems like combat is built around softening enemies up with hacking so they’re easier to kill other ways. Are there some parts or skills I can buy that will enable me to just hack enemies to death left and right?

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

veni veni veni posted:

It comes up in another mission but I have never seen it randomly trigger.
I think I had it happen once when I was just cruising outside the city.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I’ve been playing for 12 hours or so and I still can’t figure out if doing an all-hacking character is viable. It sure seems like combat is built around softening enemies up with hacking so they’re easier to kill other ways. Are there some parts or skills I can buy that will enable me to just hack enemies to death left and right?
I had my Intelligence up to 20 and a number of Quickhack skills. Midway through the game, I was basically just hiding in the shadows and killing foolks left and right with Synapse and Circuit Breakdown. Had some perks that made RAM quicker to recharge. It felt incredibly overpowered, especially if I was able to hack into a camera and just started killing everyone at random.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

Imagine this but for every single encounter in the game

https://i.imgur.com/Ge23BlN.mp4

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine this but for every single encounter in the game

https://i.imgur.com/Ge23BlN.mp4
It went by too fast, I couldn’t tell what they did.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Every build feels kinda weak at first, then you reach some critical mass of perks and cyberwear and nothing can stand against your might.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I have no clue how they're going to do DLC for this. They can't take place before, they can't take place during (at least not without compounding the ludonarrative dissonance that's already pretty bad), and they can't take place after because almost all of the endings to the main quest have V either die or leave the city.

If we play as a different character would it just be for DLC missions or would we be able to use them for side gigs? I assume they planned this stuff in advance but it seems like they've left themselves a huge mess with no obvious route out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Every build feels kinda weak at first, then you reach some critical mass of perks and cyberwear and nothing can stand against your might.
So, like Witcher 3. I guess I can understand that.

When do I get the cyborg equivalent of quen with chain lightning?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

When do I get the cyber equivalent of quen with chain lightning?

The perk that lets quickhack crit is what makes them get out of control. Everything else just adds to it. Maxed out mass vulnerability daemon + spread + crits means a single contagion cast will almost insta knock like... 4 enemies? Which in turn each enemy downed adds 1 ram back and also reduce the cool down so you can continually use contagion without a wait and literally clear an entire building in seconds.

the second thing that absolutely breaks hacking is the legendary ping quickhack which lets you hack stuff through walls. You can get it by getting INT to 20 or save-scum on data mine ports with the perk that lets you extract quickhacks.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 29, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Samurai Sanders posted:

When do I get the cyborg equivalent of quen with chain lightning?

Pretty soon if you focus on getting a good cyberdeck and just spec into crafting enough to craft legendary spells. You can get a cheap legendary deck in Little China that is good enough for the rest of the game, and there's two more stupidly overpowered ones you can buy later if you feel like it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It’s not like I want to go completely without combat. I just want to be pistols only, as a last resort if the hacking doesn’t work. I played a character kind of like that in Fallout NV except with negotiation instead of hacking. If you think about it, negotiation is basically hacking their brains so you get what you want.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

I have no clue how they're going to do DLC for this. They can't take place before, they can't take place during (at least not without compounding the ludonarrative dissonance that's already pretty bad), and they can't take place after because almost all of the endings to the main quest have V either die or leave the city.

If we play as a different character would it just be for DLC missions or would we be able to use them for side gigs? I assume they planned this stuff in advance but it seems like they've left themselves a huge mess with no obvious route out.

In the Witcher 3 one of the endings had Geralt basically commit suicide in a cabin and yet there was a post campaign dlc.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

It’s not like I want to go completely without combat. I just want to be pistols only, as a last resort if the hacking doesn’t work. I played a character kind of like that in Fallout NV except with negotiation instead of hacking. If you think about it, negotiation is basically hacking their brains so you get what you want.

If you actually spec into hacking nothing outside of like 1-2 bosses will live long enough for you to use guns. If you want to maintain hacks as a support tool, then INT to 14 while grabbing only the debuff and utility hacks work pretty well to shut down enemy groups so you can mop up with your weapon of choice.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Savy Saracen salad posted:

In the Witcher 3 one of the endings had Geralt basically commit suicide in a cabin and yet there was a post campaign dlc.

Right but this is all of them.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It could be nice to play different character, or even maybe a set of characters with predefined skills and limited level progression. Even something akin to "tales from x", where you could relive Mitch and Scorpion puttering around in an APC during the Latam wars, or similar stuff. Trauma Team and Psycho Squad are also obvious choices.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

What ludo narrative dissonance? The games takes place over days and you have weeks to live. You’re gonna die, but there’s time. There are many natural pause points in the main quests where V has to wait for someone to call, or wait for an externally scheduled event to happen, or lay low for awhile.

I mean, the game plays fast and loose with time, so you can beeline the main quests and have these event happen one after the other. But I keep coming across new moments when the game opens up and implies now would be a good time for side gig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Right but this is all of them.

ending spoiler every ending, except for the arasaka return to earth ending, turns v into software, which opens up the possibility of putting you into a new body or whatever else makes sense in a cyberpunk setting