Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Ruffian Price posted:

can't believe it's Nintendo that now has the Horny Allowed platform

I mean it does have Hades on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Makes sense when you look at how the hardware and software sales are going over there. 17 million Switches, 9 million PS4s. There must always be a horny portable platform.

The latest Famitsu weeklong chart has 29 Switch games and one for PS4 (Cyberpunk, lol) at the bottom.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ErrEff posted:

Makes sense when you look at how the hardware and software sales are going over there. 17 million Switches, 9 million PS4s. There must always be a horny portable platform.

The latest Famitsu weeklong chart has 29 Switch games and one for PS4 (Cyberpunk, lol) at the bottom.

So the horny PS4 game made it onto the chart then.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

So the horny PS4 game made it onto the chart then.

Not even. The Japanese console version is heavily censored.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V3MdMm6I7WI

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

I recently hooked up my Series X and now for some reason there’s no sound coming out of the center channel of my audio setup. I’m using a pioneer receiver, and it works fine when watching cable, or with the PS4 or Nintendo Switch. Any idea what I can do?

I tried messing with all the audio settings on the Xbox with no luck.

I tried the ARC HDMI port and also another non-ARC HDMI port, with the same result. I’m using the same HDMI cable that I used for my Xbox One, and it worked fine then.

Anyone have any advice? This is really frustrating.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Did you try switching to bitstream audio?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lack of audio on some units has been listed as a known issue on the release notes for some time, make sure to report it directly from the console.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

American McGay posted:

Did you try switching to bitstream audio?

Yea I tried every audio setting, with the same result.

Would using an optical cable make a difference? I’m just using an HDMI at the moment.

kecske posted:

Lack of audio on some units has been listed as a known issue on the release notes for some time, make sure to report it directly from the console.

Ok I’ll try reporting it, thanks.

Edit: if I can figure out how to report something...

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 27, 2020

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Has anyone else run into the issue with the series X dropping WiFi on 5Ghz? I downgraded to 2.4Ghz and it works but it’s a weird and frustrating bug to diagnose (assumed for days it was the router).

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

RCarr posted:

Yea I tried every audio setting, with the same result.

Would using an optical cable make a difference? I’m just using an HDMI at the moment.

It's worth a shot for testing, but optical is a step down from hdmi arc/earc in terms of supported formats.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
I have a code for 14 free days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate that I can't redeem because I already have a sub, so here it is for someone else to use!

3CVRP-Q72RG-7M3XK-62DFV-X37D2

EDIT: Follow Zat's advice in the next post for a better deal.

trigger9631 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 27, 2020

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

trigger9631 posted:

I have a code for 14 free days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate that I can't redeem because I already have a sub, so here it is for someone else to use!

3CVRP-Q72RG-7M3XK-62DFV-X37D2

I know you mean well, but it's worth pointing out that using this code makes one ineligible for the current "first 3 months for $1" offer, so people should get that instead.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

Zat posted:

I know you mean well, but it's worth pointing out that using this code makes one ineligible for the current "first 3 months for $1" offer, so people should get that instead.

Oh, good point. I'll edit my post to recommend taking advantage of this instead.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I'm a non series x haver and took the threads advice on following wario64, (I've never used twitter before now) but I was wondering how often he posts updates on console availability? I'm not very twitter savvy, but I spun through his tweets and haven't seen any posts regarding console stock, just mainly deals on steam games.

I've also checked nowinstock with their notification thing, but by the time I get the text, they're gone. I got lucky with finding a switch during the beginning of covid, so I might just have to go back to cold calling best buy, microcenter, and target.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FFS, I installed CoD a couple weeks ago but haven't got around to playing it. I go to launch it and it tells me my trial has ended? What? I have the disc and it's in the machine. Apparently I now have to redownload 146gb file to play it. This poo poo is so frustrating.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

wandler20 posted:

FFS, I installed CoD a couple weeks ago but haven't got around to playing it. I go to launch it and it tells me my trial has ended? What? I have the disc and it's in the machine. Apparently I now have to redownload 146gb file to play it. This poo poo is so frustrating.

Come join the Halo gang instead.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

Come join the Halo gang instead.

If large downloads upset the guy then halo might tip him over the edge.

I bought dead rising 3 again, got the apocalypse edition for £5 delivered. Will try that super alpha dlc when it comes

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Crafty posted:

If large downloads upset the guy then halo might tip him over the edge.

I think the MCC tops off at around 150GB? But that's 5 games. But you really only need Halo 3 which is about 20 maybe? Not sure.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I got the ps5 wireless headset for my pc and maybe ps5, works great wired to xbox controller, if MS will ever let us use usb headsets so I can plug the adapter to it I would finally have a device that basically works on my pc,laptop and all consoles as currently the bone is the only one that requires proprietary wireless headsets.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Steep is a very fun chill game. It's on sale for 7 dollars and if you want something to play where you can turn your brain off and just ski through forests I recommend it. I've been looking for nice looking 60 fps games since I got the X and it fits the bill. It's not optimized for the X but has a onex enhancement.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Seltzer posted:

Steep is a very fun chill game. It's on sale for 7 dollars and if you want something to play where you can turn your brain off and just ski through forests I recommend it. I've been looking for nice looking 60 fps games since I got the X and it fits the bill. It's not optimized for the X but has a onex enhancement.

I’ve had my eyes on this for a while, but the same team is coming out with Riders Republic (name?) which looks like Steep on steroids. It won’t be $7, but just thinking about the time I have to play I’m considering to wait.

Probably worth picking it up though just given the seasonal relevance.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Still no center channel audio with my Series X. It works fine with my PS4/Switch/Cable, so it’s definitely a problem with the Xbox.

Very frustrating as it’s nearly impossible to watch a movie or tv show since the dialogue is so low.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Already have a series x, but grabbed a series s for my office. It's such a cool little machine. After being super meh about the one and one x, it's weird to feel so positive about this generation. Now, to play some saturn games on the S!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Fly Ricky posted:

I’ve had my eyes on this for a while, but the same team is coming out with Riders Republic (name?) which looks like Steep on steroids. It won’t be $7, but just thinking about the time I have to play I’m considering to wait.

Probably worth picking it up though just given the seasonal relevance.

Just get it for $7 imo. You don't need to invest a lot of time into it, you can just pick a peak and carve your own line.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

RCarr posted:

Still no center channel audio with my Series X. It works fine with my PS4/Switch/Cable, so it’s definitely a problem with the Xbox.

Very frustrating as it’s nearly impossible to watch a movie or tv show since the dialogue is so low.

Have you tried the hdmi cable that came with the series X? I know that’s only supposed to matter for hdmi 2.1 stuff but maybe worth a shot. Also worth checking the av receiver to ensure its set to whatever you’re pushing out from the XsX.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

Have you tried the hdmi cable that came with the series X? I know that’s only supposed to matter for hdmi 2.1 stuff but maybe worth a shot. Also worth checking the av receiver to ensure its set to whatever you’re pushing out from the XsX.

I am using the HDMI cable that came with it, yes. Also what do you mean by checking the receiver? How do I check what it’s set to?

Like I have the HDMI from the Xbox going to the port labeled “game”, and then I choose the game input on the receiver. Or do you mean something else?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Seltzer posted:

Just get it for $7 imo. You don't need to invest a lot of time into it, you can just pick a peak and carve your own line.

Just did. You guys sold me.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Celexi posted:

I got the ps5 wireless headset for my pc and maybe ps5, works great wired to xbox controller, if MS will ever let us use usb headsets so I can plug the adapter to it I would finally have a device that basically works on my pc,laptop and all consoles as currently the bone is the only one that requires proprietary wireless headsets.

I still miss the 360 headset a lot and wish they made an updated version of them. Having it slot into the controller and having the mute button down there on the connector itself close to the right stick was handy and I really liked that it just covered one ear rather than both. It was :perfect:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

SkiFree remake in 1st person with a dedicated “look behind to see if the monster is catching up” button

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Did you know that the greatest snowboarding game of all time, SSX3, is available to play on the Xbox family of consoles and runs in 4K on both X models?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

RCarr posted:

I am using the HDMI cable that came with it, yes. Also what do you mean by checking the receiver? How do I check what it’s set to?

Like I have the HDMI from the Xbox going to the port labeled “game”, and then I choose the game input on the receiver. Or do you mean something else?

I briefly went through frustration with my tv and ended up having to download the manual for it. On mine for each hdmi port you have to go in and set up the features to enable such as 1.0, 1.4, 2.0 modes. Might be worth checking if there’s something in a port mode setting that is off.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

tensai posted:

Already have a series x, but grabbed a series s for my office. It's such a cool little machine. After being super meh about the one and one x, it's weird to feel so positive about this generation. Now, to play some saturn games on the S!

Kaboobi posted:

Did you know that the greatest snowboarding game of all time, SSX3, is available to play on the Xbox family of consoles and runs in 4K on both X models?

xbox wins again! can't wait to play these games on my xbox series x. in 4k!!! :D

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

bradzilla posted:

xbox wins again! can't wait to play these games on my xbox series x. in 4k!!! :D

This is true.

I was about to buy GTA 4 again, but apparently there’s an updated version coming https://gameinfinitus.com/news/grand-theft-auto-4-complete-edition-listing-spotted-for-ps5-on-amazon/

Looking forward to playing this in 4k too!!! :D

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I like that I can make my family relive the magic of the original bards tale in 4K. Thanks game pass.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Thanks - had that holiday $5 credit to the MS store so Steep was like $2.50. Couldn't pass that up. Been wanting to try it but just kept forgetting about it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

SkiFree remake in 1st person with a dedicated “look behind to see if the monster is catching up” button

To this day I don't understand how this game has remained a cult classic. It was like a free title on Windows 3.1 and yet so many people I know that are older millennials or gen-x remember this game fondly. I just remember it being super hilarious each time the monster popped out of no where and ate you. I tried forever to escape it, and I am positive there is a way to do it, but I could never pull it off.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Kaboobi posted:

The SSX 2012 360 games is also backwards compatible (albeit without any any enhancements) and despite not being perfect it is still an incredibly fun SSX game imo and the asynchronous multiplayer is actually really enjoyable and such an excellent addition to the series. If you like SSX it's a must-play, I think, and the major complaints are that it's 30fps rather than 60fps (sucks but still fun) and also has some quirks like death pits (which were in SSX3 as well, just not as common) and the gimmicky boss battle runs which are only a small fragment of the game (needing to outride an avalanche, snowboarding on super slippery ice surrounded by death pits, managing an oxygen supply etc.) but are made up for by some fantastic level design and the addition of a wing suit. It's a really great pick-up-and-play game as well. I wish EA would make another but they're neglecting all their good IPs to reboot Mass Effect and Need for Speed AGAIN.

:negative:

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

I said come in! posted:

To this day I don't understand how this game has remained a cult classic. It was like a free title on Windows 3.1 and yet so many people I know that are older millennials or gen-x remember this game fondly. I just remember it being super hilarious each time the monster popped out of no where and ate you. I tried forever to escape it, and I am positive there is a way to do it, but I could never pull it off.
pressing the f button toggles a mode where your speed exceeds any yeti; can get multiple of them chaising.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Time is a flat circle and you are channeling XKCD https://xkcd.com/667/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SUNKOS posted:

I wish EA would make another but they're neglecting all their good IPs to reboot Mass Effect and Need for Speed AGAIN.

need for speed has not been good for over a fuckin decade it blows my goddamn mind that they keep trying