Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

One of the highest rarity characters I've gotten in that is Shadow Knight Fu Hua, and I still don't understand how her abilities work. Apparently you can do various combos, but I don't understand how exactly they work and just spam whatever.

SK has a bunch of really useless / situational combos but iirc you pretty much would ABB to charge burst > burst > AAABBB. otherwise you just had to keep the bleed and the lightning field up occasionally with your B. The chained A combo or any of the multiple A > B combos outside of burst weren't super helpful because of how strong her burst was, so the entire gameplay was just trying to get back into it asap.

fun fact, that character broke the game so much on the chinese server they actually pushed her global release back until the pack before void kiana / abyss rework because otherwise it would have been impossible for anyone without her to rate comparably. the bleed damage was so important back then and the bleed resist they gave her was way overtuned.

definitely can't wait for them to add some fist characters to genshin, the fu hua battlesuits were some of their best designs in honkai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well there is the datamined guy who looks kinda like Phoenix Fu Hua, but also Aether

one step forward two steps back?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

bandaid.friend posted:

If you don't have the time for the whole event, prioritise buying the crystals to refine the sword imo

And grab the chunks that upgrade the refinement level. I've got it on my Benny and its adding a very nice increase to his E.

In order to access all of the mountian theres a fairly long quest chain, but I don't think you need it for the event. All of the event missions have spawned below the cutoff at the Statue I think?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Zhongli is already so good but yes please mihoyo I will take all the buffs you wanna give him

thank you, whiny/outraged Chinese playerbase

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My last 53 standard pulls:
3 favonious lance, 2 amber, 1 lisa, 1 favonious warbow. Yes, that would cost you $100.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

My last 53 standard pulls:
3 favonious lance, 2 amber, 1 lisa, 1 favonious warbow. Yes, that would cost you $100.

thats why you dont pull standard except with the free stuff, there's no pity mechanic that stops you from rolling non-rateup stuff

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Luckily they gave us a lot of normal pulls with the update, I too got 2 Ambers. At least I got another XQ, just one away from C6.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So how do we get the final refinement of Festering Fang? I only count three crystals from each of the three shops.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Solkanar512 posted:

So how do we get the final refinement of Festering Fang? I only count three crystals from each of the three shops.

If I had to hazard a guess from the challenges for the upcoming phase.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
So, the loading screen pillars are tied to / part of celestia. The skypiercing needle is such a pillar. It used to work for the mountain civilisation to access celestia but got destroyed. What about the statues of the seven? Once you've upgraded them they clearly also have celestial style motifs. They're part of the mechanism connecting an archon to the celestial realm maybe?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/AeEntropy/status/1343952126964359168?s=20

This big boy looks fun. Also apparently he drops the secondary ascension mats for Hu Tao and Xiao, so don't bother fighting Pyrovine/Anemo cube for those two until we get more details.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 29, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If they are going to keep adding world and story bosses they should remove their resin cost.

Also I will not roll for wind spear guy when I could be saving for wind claymore girl

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If they are going to keep adding world and story bosses they should remove their resin cost.

Also I will not roll for wind spear guy when I could be saving for wind claymore girl

Wind claymore girl is who I'm most looking forward to as well.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as long as this new vishap doesn't have obnoxious rolling/digging invuln phases i'm all for it

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Have we seen anything about wind claymore girl?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/AeEntropy/status/1343952126964359168?s=20

This big boy looks fun. Also apparently he drops the secondary ascension mats for Hu Tao and Xiao, so don't bother fighting Pyrovine/Anemo cube for those two until we get more details.
I'm guessing he drops Geo/Pyro/Anemo the same way Childe drops Hydro/Electro/Cryo. Dvalin and Andrius added together drop all six elements, so I'd expect the next two bosses to behave the same way.

Weird thing is new ascension mats when only one character, Ganyu, will be using shadow of a warrior.

EDIT: Oh wait I'm an idiot. This isn't a weekly boss. He's dropping new secondary drops like Hurricane seeds but split between element types.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 29, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

who

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the wind claymore that got datamined is a shortie and those concepts combining doesn't sound fun to play, to me

even if she is dressed like a tanuki

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The new artifact route meta requires a short character for the new artifact spawn in dragonspine. As an anemo she'll be very welcome. Once she's released one ideal comp will be Zhong Li (for height and stone gate pressure plate), Razor/Kaeya, the short anemo claymore, and Sucrose/Venti/Jean/Xiao.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

No Wave posted:

The new artifact route meta requires a short character for the new artifact spawn in dragonspine. As an anemo she'll be very welcome. Once she's released the ideal comp will be Zhong Li (for height and stone gate pressure plate), Razor/Kaeya, the short anemo claymore, and Sucrose/Venti/Jean/Xiao.

Yep, that'll be my crystal/artifact team with Jean or Sucrose. And with the claymore she can hit iron/white iron while Zhongli's E is on cooldown.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
So two questions -

How is Festering Desire (Event sword) vs. Favonius Sword on Bennett? It seems the tradeoff is higher base atk for less energy regen, and also a passive skill more oriented towards damage / crit vs. favonius' energy regen. I've been under the assumption that I want to have a ton of energy regen on bennett to continuously drop his ult?

And... how should I be upgrading Diluc's talents past 6? I have normal attack at 7, skill at 6, and ult at 7. Should I be evening them out or going all in on one skill?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ThePineapple posted:

So two questions -

How is Festering Desire (Event sword) vs. Favonius Sword on Bennett? It seems the tradeoff is higher base atk for less energy regen, and also a passive skill more oriented towards damage / crit vs. favonius' energy regen. I've been under the assumption that I want to have a ton of energy regen on bennett to continuously drop his ult?

And... how should I be upgrading Diluc's talents past 6? I have normal attack at 7, skill at 6, and ult at 7. Should I be evening them out or going all in on one skill?

You want enough ER on bennett that you can ult on demand. Going over that is pointless.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i already take an efficiency hit for ZL/Ning/Jean/Venti just so i don't have to swap between artifacts and ore, but swapping Ning for Diona is fine too. being good for some minor non-combat dailies isn't really my concern about short+claymore though, it's how annoying shortie cam would be if her role is more carry/on-field focused (no i don't have Klee)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

You want enough ER on bennett that you can ult on demand. Going over that is pointless.

IIRC You want about 200% ER on him

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ThePineapple posted:

So two questions -

People say over 200 is a waste. I really don't like being under 200 on him though (I'm getting by at 168 atm because Jean took his Festering Desire and XQ took his Sac sword, poor bennett). It's really up to you how much you value the orbs and how often you're proccing them, if your crit is low I'd go festering and if it's high it's imo a toss-up.

For Diluc going even is fine, most people say the optimal upgrade order for him is E-Q-normal but it doesn't really matter if you're doing them all evenly. They get 50% more expensive each time and you'll want to do them all eventually anyways so just do the cheaper ones first.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Based on nothing but what it feels like to me, but the entirety of dragonspine and its events has me suspecting they might be mulling over the idea internally of getting rid of resin or at least trying to make it less of a backbone to the whole thing, and they're trying to work out what that's going to work like. Again, i have no actual evidence for this or anything but it does feel like they're at least trying it out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't see that happening. I think they saw players didn't clear out the shops in the last event (when they really should have, minus the ore) and wanted to make sure everyone got the bonuses, not just people who did the math.

They do look at a lot of data. It's not a coincidence that the Teyvat Times mentions the 37,000 players who did an artifact domain and forgot to pick up their drops in the same patch they changed how it works so that can't happen.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Sucrose users: what are you doing with her? I've had her in my team (Razor/Bennett/Kaeya/Sucrose) for a bit now at someone's suggestion and I'm not totally sure what I'm meant use her for. Does her utility mostly come online with VV or is there something earlier I'm either missing or haven't needed? I'm AR 34 or something now so it'll be a bit before I can get the good sets.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Draxion posted:

Sucrose users: what are you doing with her? I've had her in my team (Razor/Bennett/Kaeya/Sucrose) for a bit now at someone's suggestion and I'm not totally sure what I'm meant use her for. Does her utility mostly come online with VV or is there something earlier I'm either missing or haven't needed? I'm AR 34 or something now so it'll be a bit before I can get the good sets.

Stack EM on her like a motherfucker for huge swirls and to hand EM out to the rest of your squad for big combos. Plus her abilities are all great at CC'ing stuff

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Draxion posted:

With VV she can boost the power of whatever element she swirls with and she is the undeniable queen of swirl since everything she does is anemo elemental. She's also able to do good crowd control by grouping enemies up for your carry to beat down all at once-- similar to Venti but better in some ways (keeps them on the ground) and worse in others (not as high damage output as Venti).

Sucrose is cool and good and cute.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Draxion posted:

If a character is anemo, you give them 4 piece VV (once you hit AR45). It was the first set I farmed. Sucrose you usually just cheese her level 60 ascension talent by building only EM on her though I'm not sure if Razor comps are the best place for that particular build.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

ThePineapple posted:

1) Level all talents to 6.

2) AA7 -> E7 -> AA8 -> E8.

3) Level AA to 10.

4) Level Q to 7.

5) Level E to 10.

6) Level Q to 10.

You can generally weave 2-3 normals between each press of E, and you can only press E three times every 10s. So the math for a two autoattack weave between Es (which isn't even optimal) at Lv6 is 257.76% Normal -> 132.16% E1 -> 257.76% Normal -> 136.64% E2 -> 257.76% Normal -> 180.32% E3. So that's 773.28% on regular swings and 449.12% on the skill swings. And with two regular swings you'll be doing 2-4 more regular swings afterward waiting for E to come off cooldown. At 3-4 swings per E you'll barely notice the cooldown at all, but you'll also be doing way more damage from normals, especially if you hit with the fourth and cancel the recovery animation (this isn't always possible though).

E is only better if your autoattacks aren't infused with Pyro, and a properly geared Diluc should be able to maintain the Pyro infusion almost 100% of the time. Normals also proc stuff like XQ Burst swords for Vaporize or Skyward Pride vacuum blades or whatever.

As for Dawn, the damage scaling just isn't quite as good and it's unreliable if it passes through something without dragging it along for the full damage. The things that get hit by every single hit are generally things so light that they don't have that much HP to begin with, and big heavy things will not take more than a hit or two. It still does a ton of damage and that makes it worth throwing out constantly but against big beefy enemies the real benefit is the Pyro infusion which doesn't care about the talent level. Also Diluc isn't really a wombo combo character even if he technically can do it with Mona support; you will do way more damage getting constant autoattack and skill Melts/Vaporizes with Kaeya/Xingqiu support than a single non-Mona-manipulated Dawn Vaporize.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nakar posted:

1) Level all talents to 6.

2) AA7 -> E7 -> AA8 -> E8.

3) Level AA to 10.

4) Level Q to 7.

5) Level E to 10.

6) Level Q to 10.

You can generally weave 2-3 normals between each press of E, and you can only press E three times every 10s. So the math for a two autoattack weave between Es (which isn't even optimal) at Lv6 is 257.76% Normal -> 132.16% E1 -> 257.76% Normal -> 136.64% E2 -> 257.76% Normal -> 180.32% E3. So that's 773.28% on regular swings and 449.12% on the skill swings. And with two regular swings you'll be doing 2-4 more regular swings afterward waiting for E to come off cooldown. At 3-4 swings per E you'll barely notice the cooldown at all, but you'll also be doing way more damage from normals, especially if you hit with the fourth and cancel the recovery animation (this isn't always possible though).

E is only better if your autoattacks aren't infused with Pyro, and a properly geared Diluc should be able to maintain the Pyro infusion almost 100% of the time. Normals also proc stuff like XQ Burst swords for Vaporize or Skyward Pride vacuum blades or whatever.

As for Dawn, the damage scaling just isn't quite as good and it's unreliable if it passes through something without dragging it along for the full damage. The things that get hit by every single hit are generally things so light that they don't have that much HP to begin with, and big heavy things will not take more than a hit or two. It still does a ton of damage and that makes it worth throwing out constantly but against big beefy enemies the real benefit is the Pyro infusion which doesn't care about the talent level. Also Diluc isn't really a wombo combo character even if he technically can do it with Mona support; you will do way more damage getting constant autoattack and skill Melts/Vaporizes with Kaeya/Xingqiu support than a single non-Mona-manipulated Dawn Vaporize.

Thanks this is a big help for me too.

I’ve noticed that about dawn as well. Like it’s cool and good but eh I’ve had too many misses for my liking.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You're saying spending sixteen gold talent books to take AA from 9 to 10 is better than spending 4 gold talent books to take Q to 7?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Sammus posted:

I was really hoping to pull an Albedo (mostly for C6 fish but he seems good too) but I got Keqing instead. Is this a good thing?

I got her the other day, and swapped to her as my main DPS vs Jean.

The difference is night and day. She recharges her super every fight, and her dagger throw is on a really fast cooldown. I destroy the big legionaire guys before they have a second to put up their shield. Plus having the mini teleport is used SO MUCH in the overland exploration.

I mainly run her with the water guy with swords, the frost claymore guy, and Benny. Seems to work out.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sammus posted:

I was really hoping to pull an Albedo (mostly for C6 fish but he seems good too) but I got Keqing instead. Is this a good thing?

She's amazing, so yes. Judgement Cut for days

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i already take an efficiency hit for ZL/Ning/Jean/Venti just so i don't have to swap between artifacts and ore, but swapping Ning for Diona is fine too. being good for some minor non-combat dailies isn't really my concern about short+claymore though, it's how annoying shortie cam would be if her role is more carry/on-field focused (no i don't have Klee)

Combat is fine as a primary shorty carry klee, the issue I have with their camera is when moving on the world, since it has a tendency to get too close up and dig itself into the characters rear end, which is compounded when the character is small.

Either way I dont think tanuki girl will be a 5* since they need to have a gacha anemo character that isnt a 5* outside of Sucrose.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 29, 2020

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

S.J. posted:

Stack EM on her like a motherfucker for huge swirls and to hand EM out to the rest of your squad for big combos. Plus her abilities are all great at CC'ing stuff

Framboise posted:

With VV she can boost the power of whatever element she swirls with and she is the undeniable queen of swirl since everything she does is anemo elemental. She's also able to do good crowd control by grouping enemies up for your carry to beat down all at once-- similar to Venti but better in some ways (keeps them on the ground) and worse in others (not as high damage output as Venti).

Sucrose is cool and good and cute.

No Wave posted:

If a character is anemo, you give them 4 piece VV (once you hit AR45). It was the first set I farmed. Sucrose you usually just cheese her level 60 ascension talent by building only EM on her though I'm not sure if Razor comps are the best place for that particular build.

Hm, alright. I'll see if I can make better use of the CC stuff she can do now (chasing people around with Overload has mostly been enough for overworld fights), if not I'll just pull her out for Jean now that I have her and give Sucrose another shot when I've got artifacts for her.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

These event rewards scale with WL for some reason. So you finish the event faster if you're at a higher WL (which now makes no sense). Kinda shows you quickly they made the change to no-resin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Solkanar512 posted:

Third shop will have two to pick up.

For clarity: it's one slot but it's been show n as 2 purchases available in videos