Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Taerkar posted:

They NEED to think that they're about to be thrown into the Totally A Thing That Happened Lion Pits

If they’re not the persecuted portion of society, then that means they’re the persecutors, and that’s just unacceptable.

What do you mean we don’t have to have persecution at all in our society??? What are you, nuts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Or they're a thoughts and prayers performative christian who doesn't comprehend that they've ever deserved criticism.

You don't actually have to act like or be a good person because believing hard enough in Jesus by definition makes you a good person and your behavior godly. But what's this, people are still criticizing you for egocentric, sanctimonious, and otherwise maladjusted behavior? It can't be because you've done something wrong, that would require introspection. Much more likely they just hate you for being so christian and godly. In fact this makes you extra virtuous because you're such a good christian they're persecuting you just like the martyrs of old!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I agree fully that whoever made that image is indeed a "Christian." The quotes are important.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 29, 2020

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If this was posted in earnest I do not want to know.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Search your heart.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Both were posted by my uncle and 100% in earnest.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

What Congress Gave Israel

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I love how in this one the original joke was clearly that the first two kids did things that would actually get them in trouble at school. But someone edited it to take out even the slightest structure of a joke.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Some of those are so close to getting it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ambitious Spider posted:

That's the most insidious thing about right-wing propaganda in my mind: it's like 98% truth mixed with 2% misrepresentation. Yes, the democrat party is by and large corrupted by the influence of foreign, commercial, and and private PAC money behind the scenes, but the answer isn't the party that's corrupted openly by foreign, commercial, and private PAC money.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

Ambitious Spider posted:

One I didn't include because it was just a text post was: "Name ONE country, just ONE, that taxes their people and sends that money to America...I'll Wait 😎"

I said Canada has sent us aid and their reply was "the US is the largest economy in the world, with US$20.4 trillion, with Canada ranking tenth at US$1.8 trillion."

So close you'd have to measure it in angstroms.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Why am I seeing people reshare the SURE data from Pennsylvania claiming that more votes than registered voters happened? Wasn't that one of the things Trump's people hosed up in a court case because they confused counties from different states?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Because Trump tweeted about it again yesterday.

e: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1343663159085834248

And today, also, apparently.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1343919651336712199

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 29, 2020

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

“100% are for Biden”

100% of what!? The “extra” 200k votes? Even if that were true, how would anyone know which votes were the “extra” ones? Did they get 200k votes from Faketown, Fake County, PA?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

letthereberock posted:

“100% are for Biden”

100% of what!? The “extra” 200k votes? Even if that were true, how would anyone know which votes were the “extra” ones? Did they get 200k votes from Faketown, Fake County, PA?

They were in a big crate marked "FAKE BIDEN VOTES, OPEN ONLY IN CASE OF EMERGENCY". Thank god a republican observer noticed it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

letthereberock posted:

“100% are for Biden”

Assuming it's like Michigan it's a because the mail in ballots get sperated from in person ballots. Which means Live Presinct reports like 20% turnout and then Temp Presinct That Exists Only To Count Mail In Ballots ends up with 200000 votes and 0 registered voters. Guess how they broke.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

HootTheOwl posted:

Assuming it's like Michigan it's a because the mail in ballots get sperated from in person ballots. Which means Live Presinct reports like 20% turnout and then Temp Presinct That Exists Only To Count Mail In Ballots ends up with 200000 votes and 0 registered voters. Guess how they broke.

I think the better assumption is to assume that Trump and anyone who passes along this nonsense is 100% full of poo poo until they provide specifics, which they will not.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

HootTheOwl posted:

Wait what the gently caress?

I thought that the Absentee Counting Boards grouped up ballots by their real precincts and actually sent them over (or maybe just the last few) for tabulation.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nth Doctor posted:

Wait what the gently caress?

I thought that the Absentee Counting Boards grouped up ballots by their real precincts and actually sent them over (or maybe just the last few) for tabulation.

I'm not an expert but it was a meme going around based on this:
https://www.waynecounty.com/documents/clerk/statementnov20prez.pdf
If you scroll down a hundred pages (page 120ish) you'll see a bunch of presincts with zero registered voters casting votes. It looks like those votes have been placed in a new category since I last looked this up so maybe they hadn't done it yet? (and Trump, forever stuck in the past, hasn't processed the new information like how this all works)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sarcastro posted:

I think the better assumption is to assume that Trump and anyone who passes along this nonsense is 100% full of poo poo until they provide specifics, which they will not.

Both of these can be true.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

borkencode posted:

One I didn't include because it was just a text post was: "Name ONE country, just ONE, that taxes their people and sends that money to America...I'll Wait 😎"

It's not like half the drat world are de-facto US vassal states and "strongly encouraged" to buy American military hardware constantly.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

After a months long dry-spell, my family member went on a post-Christmas posting spree. Could be too much eggnog, could be the realities of the election finally sunk in...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
lol! stupid, sleepy joe biden forcing trump to give so much foreign aide! once we get rid of all the opposition to trump surely then he'll help us!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bobulus posted:

After a months long dry-spell, my family member went on a post-Christmas posting spree. Could be too much eggnog, could be the realities of the election finally sunk in...

Surprising advocacy for the "Arm trans people" position.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Weird how all of a sudden they need a safe place

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

What's with the guy with the AK47? Are those mercs?

Is he photoshopped into the picture? Is that a cop car?

Katt fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 1, 2021

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It's almost certainly of one of those 'Border Militias'

aka larpers

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Service Guarantees Citizenship!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It's an Iraqi soldier

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

New Year's wishes: Trump has a second term which prevents civil war, but enlists the military to prevent violence in the leftist cities; The Covid scam is revealed to all and the perpetrators round up and given life sentences in Gitmo; Middle East continues to calm down and Trump initiates rebuilding of all the Countries the USA has trashed; The global warming hoax is squelched as evidence is aired over the inevitable Grand Solar Minimum and governments set about preparing; the excessive unquestioned compliance of the covidians calls into question the intelligence and sovereignty of the population and society begins a massive awakening towards enlightenment.

Real things which will happen.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Guavanaut posted:

Real things which will happen.

Also a grand solar minimum (which isn't happening, we're just coming out of a pretty average cycle) would make things cooler, not warmer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think that's what they're going for, that the governments should be preparing for the world to get cooler. It's not enough for global warming to be a hoax, we're all actually going to freeze.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Guavanaut posted:

I think that's what they're going for, that the governments should be preparing for the world to get cooler. It's not enough for global warming to be a hoax, we're all actually going to freeze.

This was the theory when they were teenagers

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think a lot of it is just being contrarian, if the governments of the world suddenly said "poo poo yeah the sun is dimming, we've got to reduce particulate emissions massively" they'd find something else for it to be.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Highlighted part is my favorite.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Sometimes I wonder if those people are right. Not that God is real, just that we need something as a species to believe in order to get people to act in their own best interests.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

It's almost certainly of one of those 'Border Militias'

aka larpers

It’s a bunch of US soldiers and one iraqi soldier lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It’s a bunch of US soldiers and one iraqi soldier lmfao

Even more Iraqis if you look past the first 5 people in the front of the picture. Look for the chunky guys in berets.