Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have a girlfriend, sorry

Clearly BP’s post was to your girlfriend about you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Been slowly doodling around in ghost of tsushima while bouncing around other things and I can already tell I'm going to love this game. The combat is starting to click and it slaps. The aesthetic is great. Sends my ps4 flying to the moon tho, really wish I had a ps5 to play this on :(

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
God drat, I bought Remnant and I was liking it ok, but then I got to one of the first bosses and the way its setup is pissing me off. I can dodge most of its attacks, but its the drat exploding minions that are annoying as poo poo. They seem to spawn out of nowhere with little audio cue. I would hate to have to loving mute the game just so I can hear what the hell is going on.

Edit: And just like that, after complaining, I beat the boss by dumb luck.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 29, 2020

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There are special consequences for this at the end, unlike in previous Personas. (Did P4G do anything to catch the player out for dating multiple girls?)

Yes, you have to go up to every one you don't choose on Valentine's Day and make them cry.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The last two bosses in Doom Eternal were some awful poo poo and left a bitter taste at the end of a game I was otherwise mostly enjoying despite my griping. Just turned on sentinel armour for both eventually because god drat they were horrid.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Arist posted:

Yes, you have to go up to every one you don't choose on Valentine's Day and make them cry.

Ouch. I do like P5's version at least; Having them all turn up to the cafe. Together. They know you've been cheating on them. And there's still gonna be something physical about to take place offscreen but it sure as hell won't be intimate...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Simone Magus posted:

Lol what the gently caress???

I downloaded it because it's free now, uh, what actual content am I supposed to do before hitting the paywall locked content????
The game signposts everything you can do, the old content that's now gone used to be sort of hidden but now everything you can play is on the surface. It leads you through the solar system doing the free content.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
its pretty damning that the biggest destiny fans are the ones saying "lol don't play or try to understand the story just do raids and dailies"

then again i don't understand why anyone plays MMOs at all so i may be missing some crucial component there

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's a decently fun shooter in its own right, I guess. The plot isn't any more stupid or incoherent than the average Borderlands game, from what I picked up when I played it for a day or so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Neither of them are great but Destiny isn't entirely constructed from cringe inducing 'humour' like Borderlands is.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Don't get me wrong, I had fun with both games! I got Destiny free with my PS4 and played through the vanilla campaign, The Taken King and a few random strikes and MP matches and thought hey, that was pretty fun and it wasn't a bad little Halo-esque jaunt. But then I found out for most people that's the part you try to immediately smash through to start grinding for legendary weapons and armor, and now D2 is just nothing but that, to the point where when I went to replay D2's campaign with a different character for fun earlier this year I had to look up a guide on where to even find the old campaigns and what order to do them in for it to make sense.

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 29, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Sakurazuka posted:

Neither of them are great but Destiny isn't entirely constructed from cringe inducing 'humour' like Borderlands is.
It's a low bar to meet, but hey, I guess that speaks in its favour already.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Wolfsheim posted:

Don't get me wrong, I had fun with both games! I got Destiny free with my PS4 and played through the vanilla campaign, The Taken King and a few random strikes and MP matches and thought hey, that was pretty fun and it wasn't a bad little Halo-esque jaunt. But then I found out for most people that's the part you try to immediately smash through to start grinding for legendary weapons and armor, and now D2 is just nothing but that, to the point where I went to replay D2's campaign with a different character for fun earlier this year I had to look up a guide on where to even find the old campaigns and what order to do them in for it to make sense.

It sounds like it's all endgame content now from what's described, which is bizarre. But what do I know, the only mmo game I've liked recently is the Division. But there is only so much endgame content I can take.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I despise endgame focused games.

I play games to beat them and move on, not to keep playing the same level literally hundreds of times to make number go up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

I play games to beat them and move on, not to keep playing the same level literally hundreds of times to make number go up

Yeah for real. I never got the complaint “there’s nothing in the endgame”
Just... play something else!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Simone Magus posted:

Whenever I try a game and everyone I know who plays it starts telling me about the best way to skip the entire game to get to whatever MMO bullshit they find fun, my finger is already on the delete button before they can finish explaining.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Just got to the cyberpunk 2077 title card drop after playing for 26 hours. Said What out loud. :eyepop:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Destiny is about finding guns that you jive with and grow attached to, and grinding to get guns that you think you'll jive with and grow attached to, plus the fun of using a synergistic build. It's more of a "being-in-the-moment" game than an "accomplishment" game. It's more like a rhythm or fighting game in that sense.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Just got to the cyberpunk 2077 title card drop after playing for 26 hours. Said What out loud. :eyepop:

so they fixed that? didn't show up for me twice.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does Battlefield 1 have a single player campaign and is it worth €6?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

so they fixed that? didn't show up for me twice.

It happens at the end of act 1

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Number Go Up is good, sorry haters.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Escobarbarian posted:

i know. it's supposed to, but doesn't (or didn't) for a lot of people.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Everytime I sit down to play ghost of tsushima I like it more and more

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Paracelsus posted:

Destiny is about finding guns that you jive with and grow attached to, and grinding to get guns that you think you'll jive with and grow attached to, plus the fun of using a synergistic build. It's more of a "being-in-the-moment" game than an "accomplishment" game. It's more like a rhythm or fighting game in that sense.

Destiny is about finding guns that you jive with and grow attached to, and grinding to get guns that you think you'll jive with and grow attached to, then realizing it doesn't matter because there's always exactly one meta loadout per patch and you are just going to use that one.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Sakurazuka posted:

The last two bosses in Doom Eternal were some awful poo poo and left a bitter taste at the end of a game I was otherwise mostly enjoying despite my griping. Just turned on sentinel armour for both eventually because god drat they were horrid.

khan makyr and icon of sin? khan makyr is fun but the icon of sin was definitely kind of a let down. the final battles in the DLC make up for that, though.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

It is short but they short stories are cool in my opinion. They look fantastic and fun. I'd say that for 6€ is good enough.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
everything thats happend so far after the cyberpunk title card has been awesome.

also lol at the music that sounds like a sci-fi witcherish. good poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

It is short but they short stories are cool in my opinion. They look fantastic and fun. I'd say that for 6€ is good enough.

Sweet I’ll grab it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah there's a bug where the title card doesn't show up, I had it too

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

Everytime I sit down to play ghost of tsushima I like it more and more

its the most perfect encapsulation of the console and the generation and it's the most beautiful swan song we could have asked for

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

I bought it on Origin ages ago when it was on sale, and a mate in America wanted to play online so I linked it to Steam and fired it up.

Granted retreading the first couple Halo games from Master Chief Collection is the only real FPS experience I've had in a very long time, but I am getting absolutely stomped online. I'm guessing at this point it's mostly hardened veterans (also I'm not good at shooters). Still having fun with all the taking cover mechanics, hopping into random teammates vehicles, etc.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lumpy posted:

Destiny is about finding guns that you jive with and grow attached to, and grinding to get guns that you think you'll jive with and grow attached to, then realizing it doesn't matter because there's always exactly one meta loadout per patch and you are just going to use that one.

Then you realize you only have to stay on meta if you want to play high level PVP or master nightfalls or raids with tryhard dorks and run whatever you want most of the time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Every gun will have a story" - Destiny 1 pitch deck

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah there's a bug where the title card doesn't show up, I had it too
Same here. I replayed the end of act 1 to show my brother and it happened the second time, though.

Destiny 2 chat: if you just buy the version of each expansion that comes with 1 season then you get quite a lot of content without having to repeat activities or grind anything at all. So long as you don't blow money on Silver the game feels like phenomenal value for money, honestly. Once a year I'll get into it for a couple of solid months for less than the cost of a full-price game.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 29, 2020

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

haveblue posted:

Then you realize you only have to stay on meta if you want to play high level PVP or master nightfalls or raids with tryhard dorks and run whatever you want most of the time

Its kinda funny to me that theres this distinction between endless grinding to be the very best being lame, but endless grinding for the thrill of the grind is alright

It's like how in Whiplash Miles Teller thought all the other drummers were losers because they only played until their fingers bled half the week instead of every day

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One thing about Cyberpunk is that it always defaults to main missions if you don't set it to something else so it's pretty easy to accidentally just play through most of it pretty early on. I've been sitting before the point of no return in the main story for like 30+ hours. It's only about 15 hours total and not really hard or gated in any way. One one hand it makes the disconnect between the side stuff and main story even more glaring, but I guess it's cool that you could just play though it like a linear game in 15 hours if you want.

Some of the side jobs are almost half as long as the actual main quest.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone played Hellpoint? Any good? Could do with a new Souls-like, if it's good.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

cyberpunk main plot question is this relic thing really a timed based thing or is it just plot-timed based? i dont need to worry right, its not fallout 1?

also dunno if its act 2 or just the constant reloads but the streets got populated a lot of all a sudden lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Akuma posted:

Anyone played Hellpoint? Any good? Could do with a new Souls-like, if it's good.
It's like Immortal Unchained, but more so. I... wouldn't precisely call it good, but there's something compelling about it.