Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Agree that this will be good in the balance but I'd sure like to hear their plans sooner rather than later.

+ More time, probably
+ More Adnan, Amin, and other past contributors who fled to the Athletic and the like
+ Obvious freedom to make fun of sports and ad reads
+ Full cursing, possibly
+ No more lovely godawful athlete interviews where Dan has to draw blood out of a stone
+ More live and multimedia stuff

- Possible loss of Kirkjian, Bo, Pablo, Mina, Katie, Dom, and Sarah as contributors
- Unsure how much of the crew is coming. I could see Roy or Mike feeling nervous about leaving what's generally been a steady paycheck with a chance of upward mobility.
- They are a sports show from time to time and they'll lose some amount of access and stats

? Do they get to keep the Clevelander studio? ESPN doesn't really need that spot anymore and would probably like to cut more costs.
? Will music return to podcasts?
? Does ESPN claim anything of the show's creation as their IP? Would they keep the rejoins or Roy's Realm?
? Will Hello Fresh follow them?
? Do they keep 786-456-4837? How in Earth will we ever forget this number?
? Will the Big Voice return?

Hope they somehow take Katie with them as she's gotten really screwed over this past year and everyone else in the lebatard coaching tree appears to be on stable ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I know in the past Dan has said when they have people on from other networks like Joe Buck or Bob Costas, it is their contracts that limit the amount of appearances on other networks and that ESPN doesn't do that. Of course this was like 4 years ago so who knows.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If this means the end of geico ads it's worth it for that alone

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I hope Advance Auto Parts follows them wherever they go.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

they start the radio show by playing freedom 90 for a few minutes

then they go straight to ron magill

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
To paraphrase the end of Sports Night: "anyone who can't make money off of the Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz should get out of the money making business".

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

A play in 3 acts

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1335325732034105344
https://twitter.com/MichaelRyanRuiz/status/1335328391671771136

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1336028782168313865?s=19

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I have doubts it makes it to the podcast but go out of your way to find Stugotz singing Alanis

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1336715250201223170?s=19

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1336757631483043840?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I think I hate Greg Cote after the Big Suey today

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Cotes usefulness to the show ended when his tumor announcement got sniped by the hard out. That was the logical endpoint of his contributions and also the funniest HNO in show history

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ian eagle owns

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I lose it every time Dan brings up Chiefs fans booing unity

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Cotes usefulness to the show ended when his tumor announcement got sniped by the hard out. That was the logical endpoint of his contributions and also the funniest HNO in show history

This. The HNO is pretty much devalued now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My favorite thing for a long time has been when Samson comes on the show. I don't watch Baseball and knew nothing about him. But man he's great to listen to. I watched that survivor season he was on and cried laughing at how he got himself voted out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Stugotz is going to be so miserable.

I can’t wait.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ehud posted:

Stugotz is going to be so miserable.

I can’t wait.

More importantly the Miami Dolphins eliminated the New England Patriots from playoff contention today.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the part in the post-game show when a couple of the crew discuss jamming as many doctor visits as possible in before they're no longer ESPN employees is a loving grim reminder of how bad health care coverage is in the United States, holy god.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't know what I'm going to do when I don't have to hear the espn app rap anymore

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

cote going out with a bang

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the magnus/flair segment was fantastic and the past few weeks have been excellent in all its mess.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the Big Suey features the discussion that Dan is worried whenever they move to what's next he won't be partnered by Stugotz but instead his more pure form, John from Sales.

also that Greg Cote is trying to get the scoop on what they're doing after January 4.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1341837100744884233?s=19

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Mina Kimes' mom is making a case to eventually fill Papi LeBatard's spot on ESPN by repeatedly embarrassing her daughter on Twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/minakimes/status/1343273005951041536

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sarah Spain has a 90 minute episode of her podcast dedicated to LeBatard, Stugotz and the shipping container. She interviews a bunch of people about their favorite memories and stories working with the show.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1344077909867302914

Shameful

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

holy poo poo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

holy poo poo

Y'all are in on the joke right? I only ask because I feel like I'm uncomfortably online and I didn't get it until I finally bothered to read something about it this morning.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Y'all are in on the joke right? I only ask because I feel like I'm uncomfortably online and I didn't get it until I finally bothered to read something about it this morning.

My assumption based only only knowledge of humans using the internet to post is that "cubans arent real hispanics" or something

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

My assumption based only only knowledge of humans using the internet to post is that "cubans arent real hispanics" or something

Alec Baldwin's wife may have spent her entire adult life pretending to be hispanic, including speaking in a fake accent for years and years. Probably did. It's all very dumb, but disproportionately large since it's the type of scandal that is something so stupid you can just laugh about it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

What joke?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

holy poo poo...what a great actor

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Winkie01 posted:

holy poo poo...what a great actor

"What’s the end game here, Spence?"

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Man where’d you find that picture of Jack LeBatard?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

How deep does this go? ESPN has a scandal on their hands.

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1344434176582422531?s=19

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

well, the day is here. Final LeBatard show on ESPN. time to see what they're doing next and where they're landing and — most importantly — if Mike Ryan can plug a new recording into the podcast feed tomorrow.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The Long Version of Stat of the Day, what a masterpiece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

beggar posted:

The Long Version of Stat of the Day, what a masterpiece

One last opportunity to piss off the dudes taking selfies in their cars while wearing Oakleys.