Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

not a single mention of ritsu huh? i see how it is

see you motherfuckers in hell

https://i.imgur.com/EweMbdq.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, I finally started working my way through the Lupin series, any recommendations when it comes to the movies (I know Castle of Cagliostro is a pretty famous Ghibli movie but I’m not sure how it holds up as a Lupin movie)?

Also is the manga worth checking out or was the anime more or less just a direct adaptation of it (also is the manga still going currently)?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cagliostro is real good overall. The Koike movies are on the other end of the tone spectrum but are also pretty good, and The First is good classic fun.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Cagliostro is real good overall. The Koike movies are on the other end of the tone spectrum but are also pretty good, and The First is good classic fun.

Thanks, and returning to my second question is the manga worth checking out/still going or was the anime more or less a direct adaptation?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, I finally started working my way through the Lupin series, any recommendations when it comes to the movies (I know Castle of Cagliostro is a pretty famous Ghibli movie but I’m not sure how it holds up as a Lupin movie)?

Also is the manga worth checking out or was the anime more or less just a direct adaptation of it (also is the manga still going currently)?

secret of mamo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Larryb posted:

Thanks, and returning to my second question is the manga worth checking out/still going or was the anime more or less a direct adaptation?

Almost every anime adaptation has drastically softened up the manga. It's super gritty and edgy in a 70s way.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larryb posted:

watch char's counter-attack

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Almost every anime adaptation has drastically softened up the manga. It's super gritty and edgy in a 70s way.

Is the manga still going? I know there hasn’t been a new series for a few years at least (though looking it up that’s apparently pretty normal for this particular franchise).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Naaah, it ended a good while ago.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

every night is a night just for me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/JaybillsGames/status/1344001413752479744?s=20

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Reclaim is real weird wordign so it makes me think they'll just assume control of the accounts and keep the advertising revenue from them

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This Tweet has been deleted.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The guy deleted the tweet because someone pointed out it has been Youtube policy since ~2015. The rule seemed fine to me and the second bullet indicated that only accounts that never uploaded a video would be removed, so it's not like anything of value would be lost like the tweet suggested.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1344033100276375555

Hoping we get all the Pretty Rhythm/Pripara seasons as well

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

actually im right

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aikatsu when, Crunchy

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wasn't sure what was the weirder combo to read today: Nobunaga's butt and a motorcycle or Maids skateboarding.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that was yesterday

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I just got to it today so it's new to me. :emoji of guy shoulder shrugging:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maids are pretty :krad:, I'll have you know.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
akudama drive is epic

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Taking a break from anime the other night, I watched the new Pixar movie, Soul, and it was rather enjoyable. It felt like a return to mid 00s and early 10s Pixar, and had some good themes about what our purpose is in life. I'd definitely put it in my top 10 list of Pixar films and encourage people to check it out.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Julias posted:

Taking a break from anime the other night, I watched the new Pixar movie, Soul, and it was rather enjoyable. It felt like a return to mid 00s and early 10s Pixar, and had some good themes about what our purpose is in life. I'd definitely put it in my top 10 list of Pixar films and encourage people to check it out.

My girlfriend and I watched that yesterday, and she loved it despite usually not caring about movies whatsoever. I thought it was pretty good, definitely recommend it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is that indicative of what that's from and if so what is it?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I cant understand the new tenhou ui so I've started using mahjong soul and I wonder how I've lived so long playing on tenhou and not the anime manga website

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
My friend plays on mahjong soul and has acquired an elaborate set of stereotypes about the boorish, naive playstyles of people who selected the catgirl avatar

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The future of machine translated manga is coming.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2012.14271.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3gRg6pOXBw

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1344033100276375555

Hoping we get all the Pretty Rhythm/Pripara seasons as well

Wonder if they're just slowly picking up everything new, since they got the King of Prism series last year, but nothing before it. And King of Prism makes next to no sense without seeing Rainbow Live.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

nrook posted:

My friend plays on mahjong soul and has acquired an elaborate set of stereotypes about the boorish, naive playstyles of people who selected the catgirl avatar

Isn't it just like the first non-default one you unlock?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

nrook posted:

the big booby lady avatar with the knife emote is the correct choice of the two.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nrook posted:

everybody knows about poncat

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

booby lady sucks imo. the gacha is very bad also so I will not judge catgirls, but i am glad that i whaled to get a cute boy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

she does have the knife emote, but that is the one good thing i know of her

definitely put me in the "pay for a boy" camp someday

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larryb posted:

Is the manga still going? I know there hasn’t been a new series for a few years at least (though looking it up that’s apparently pretty normal for this particular franchise).
keep in mind that monkey punch, the original creator, has been dead for nearly two years

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

so what? thats no excuse to stop working on the manga

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

keep in mind that monkey punch, the original creator, has been dead for nearly two years

I’m aware, I just didn’t know if anyone else had picked it up considering they’re still doing anime stuff every so often.

Also out of curiosity, is there anything in the manga that wasn’t in any of the anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

nrook posted:

If you click on her portrait she just says "Get to riichi as fast as you can, always attack, nyaa~". I want to unlock the mahjong bishi with the glasses though.

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 30, 2020