Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Space Opera posted:

On one hand, as someone without either Venti or Zhongli I am very happy to see a rerun. On the other....all of my primos are being reserved for Xiao now that I have Albedo.

Also, it low key annoys me that the only collectables in Dragonspine are mint and pinecones, maybe a few conches. They couldn't give us some mist flowers or something, or a recipe that uses more than 1-2 mint?

Give me frost mint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I hope they give us a Jean banner so I can actually get her and start tossing fools around.

Also since this game is going to have a boat-load of power creep, you should 100% pull for characters that are fun, are mechanically interesting to play and have designs you like. If you need big numbers, just pump more resources into them or put aside some gems to get some 5* weapons from weapon banners.

i am mechanically interested in seeing big numbers pop out of badguys

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Y'all are crazy, Childe's bow mode is still crazy useful for hitting Ruin Guards and Hunters.

A fully charged shot applies Riptide, hits for over 100% damage and then four more times at 10% of that damage.

I have enjoyed having an archer on my team since the beginning of the game and Childe lets me snipe without devoting an entire slot to a bow character.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I want a dog that holds a sword in its mouth and I'm hoarding all of my primos until I get him.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Pope Urbane II posted:

I want a dog that holds a sword in its mouth and I'm hoarding all of my primos until I get him.

off-brand Sif when

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just got my portable teleporter... where does everyone have theirs?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It expires after a week. This week mine is at the top of Dragonspine because it's easier to get all the agates that way.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
How many "extra" open world agates are there anyway? I've found 3 after unlocking Crimson Wish. Figured there was just 1 like with the oculi, but yesterday's event quest led me to finding 2 more.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

How many "extra" open world agates are there anyway? I've found 3 after unlocking Crimson Wish. Figured there was just 1 like with the oculi, but yesterday's event quest led me to finding 2 more.

Supposedly 9, which is a really dumb number because the wishes come in sets of 5 so you'll have 4 extra if you find them all.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
It's actually 10, but the 10th one is gated behind feeding the foxes in the cave near the statue for 5 days.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I wonder if the game will keep giving crimson agates out after you max out the tree or if it'll be like the others and let you keep a single spare in your inventory forever

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It would be nice if they added a "team assist" gadget that triggered the next-character-in-line's elemental skill remotely on use.

Say your team order is
1) Klee
2) Xingqiu
3) Diona
4) Chong

When Klee is active the gadget fires xing's elemental skill. When Xing is active it fires diona's skill, and so on.
Saves you having to switch and use, and maybe the downside could be something like +5sec cooldown on the skill.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Popular locations are the secret island crab fields, or that one place with a pond that has lotuses and some enemies up high near the gateway between Monstadt and Liyue with no convenient TP nearby, I forget the name offhand.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Right outside Geocube's arena until I get all these drat crystals I need.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Post your most agonizing artifact rolls, here I'll start first

whhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

sushibandit posted:

It would be nice if they added a "team assist" gadget that triggered the next-character-in-line's elemental skill remotely on use.

Say your team order is
1) Klee
2) Xingqiu
3) Diona
4) Chong

When Klee is active the gadget fires xing's elemental skill. When Xing is active it fires diona's skill, and so on.
Saves you having to switch and use, and maybe the downside could be something like +5sec cooldown on the skill.
Klee's ult is designed exactly so that you can't use other abilities after triggering it without wasting the ult. The C4 mitigates that drawback because 5* constellations are broken.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

nightwisher posted:

Albedo crown...maybe?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

Klee's ult is designed exactly so that you can't use other abilities after triggering it without wasting the ult. The C4 mitigates that drawback because 5* constellations are broken.

This had to be an intentional flaw because the rest of her C0 kit is bonkers

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

nightwisher posted:

here's mine

I'm still putting it on Sucrose, but ugh. UGH!

e: I know it's something that I'm very very unlikely to improve on even if I'm still playing this game in a year's time, but that doesn't mean I have to like seeing that double defence sitting right next to each other!

Mr Snips fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 30, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Does sucrose care about any other stat? Like it could be a god piece and it wouldn't matter (ok, ER would be nice). Just being a viridescent EM goblet makes it a god piece.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 30, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

Absolutely. If she could use her ult then swap out and keep shooting things with her death satellite it would be insane. Imagine Chongyun with Klee’s ult following him around.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
EM goblet though? I'd go for anemo % just to squeeze more damage out of her swirls but I didn't do the math. I know she gives her EM to other people but idk if its actually more damage than getting some juicy elemental %

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

zgrowler2 posted:

Yes she is intentionally very greedy and wants to stay on the field

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Clarste posted:

So who should we complain about next, to get mega-buffs?

It'll be Xiao.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Xiao will actually be fun to play so they'll never get the critical mass of outcry and insanity. Plus he will actually be a carry. Zhong Li fiasco required confused casual players who hated playing as him and insane nolifers who wanted their hero to be op leading the charge.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Xiao will actually be fun to play so they'll never get the critical mass of outcry and insanity. Plus he will actually be a carry. Zhong Li fiasco required confused casual players who hated playing as him and insane nolifers who wanted their hero to be op leading the charge.

The archons need to be op. Let's keep the buffs coming. I don't want to have to roll for Venti when he comes back because he looks really lame.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They really don't need to be OP. Like nothing is lost by making them not OP. The best or second best character in the game is Bennett and that's funny.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 30, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
the thing that is lost is that they aren't worth swapping into your party in place of bennett/fischl/xingqiu

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

They really don't need to be OP. Like nothing is lost by making them not OP. The best or second best character in the game is Bennett and that's funny.

I still refuse to use Bennett, because I have brain problems. Looking forward to the day I level him and make my life easier.

I just got C6 Sucrose on this banner, after getting C6 Fischl. No extras so far. Might be time to stop pulling.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

No Wave posted:

They really don't need to be OP. Like nothing is lost by making them not OP.

People get weirdly attached to the idea of the archons being OP because they’re archons, but both of them have lost/traded the thing that made them super powerful in-universe to begin with so there’s not even a lore reason for then to be particularly more busted than any other Vision user at this point.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
at least Venti was obtainable and super OP before people got to high enough ARs for the story quest where his gnosis gets pilfered

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Pope Urbane II posted:

Tales of Vesperia was an incredible game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

buffs are a really normal part of a gacha game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

The Zhongli outcry was mostly motivated by a chinese nationalistfrenzy thing. Mihoyo didn't give two fucks about the dipshit western streamers or reddit posters whining.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Zhongli outcry was mostly motivated by a chinese nationalistfrenzy thing. Mihoyo didn't give two fucks about the dipshit western streamers or reddit posters whining.

As toxic as the subreddit is, it’s very fun to see the “we did it Reddit” crowd there get slapped down because no, you didn’t.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

People wouldn't even know to be mad/in an ultranationalist frenzy if they had fun playing him. Like 80% of the playerbase thinks Qiqi is nuts (and Qiqi is rather fun, her ult is sweet). This isn't a reproach, this is a casual game.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Finally starting the painful and disappointing process of farming Venti artifacts. Any opinions on EM vs Anemo% vs Atk% goblets?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

If you're using him for Swirl, probably EM.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I haven't done the math myself (which is incredibly complicated) but most people seem to build him like everyone else these days. ATK sands, crit hat, elemental goblet. Also you try to pick up 40% ER on substats if not using sacrificial/favonious.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Vargs posted:

Finally starting the painful and disappointing process of farming Venti artifacts. Any opinions on EM vs Anemo% vs Atk% goblets?

You want enough ER so that he can self perpetuate his ult and then use his Ult. Anything else beyond that is just a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

People wouldn't even know to be mad/in an ultranationalist frenzy if they had fun playing him. Like 80% of the playerbase thinks Qiqi is nuts (and Qiqi is rather fun, her ult is sweet). This isn't a reproach, this is a casual game.
if its not a reproach could you stop crying about zhongli getting buffed