Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i know i’ve posted this somewhere recently but it’s just so good

https://youtu.be/GQ2BXqST758

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

PCjr sidecar posted:

no one is talking about liz lemon here

my point is that tina fey's whole thing was making fun of the coastal lib mindset and iirc that clip could be read as her making fun of them but as i said im not gonna wtch an snl clip

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/shutupmikeginn/status/1145896723346149377

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kings of the Wyld is a quid again the next 24h

From last time I mentioned it:

quote:

they don’t actually do music, the conceit is ‘travelling band comes out of retirement for one last gig’ but it’s a WARband bunch of aching old blokes who were once top merc swordsmen. it’s very much a ‘first book’ in both the series and writer aspect, but I got enough out of it to look up the sequel next time it on sale.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KFR65F6/

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

bump_fn posted:

my point is that tina fey's whole thing was making fun of the coastal lib mindset and iirc that clip could be read as her making fun of them but as i said im not gonna wtch an snl clip

yes if it’s somehow a multi-decade Kaufman-level performance art that includes her book and uks as well as never breaking the lovely coastal lib persona that could be an explanation

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkY88kvkdvU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
waiting for this holodeck episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdpGIrYP7S8

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

PCjr sidecar posted:

yes if it’s somehow a multi-decade Kaufman-level performance art that includes her book and uks as well as never breaking the lovely coastal lib persona that could be an explanation

she can be a lovely lib and still satirise lovely libs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm rewatching Spidey Homecoming. the fight scenes between Spider-Man and Mysterio in Homecoming are so inventive and visceral and just fun. the action in WW84 (and most other superhero movies, to be fair) is just absolute trash in comparison

e: Far From Home I mean, not Homecoming

indigi fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 30, 2020

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

same.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I watched the season finisher of golden kamuy today and it was so fuckin good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQo4KwtCBw8

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

indigi posted:

I'm rewatching Spidey Homecoming. the fight scenes between Spider-Man and Mysterio in Homecoming are so inventive and visceral and just fun. the action in WW84 (and most other superhero movies, to be fair) is just absolute trash in comparison

in the next spiderman they should show his descent into self destructive alcoholism

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the next one should be a prequel so we can finally learn how uncle ben died and how peter parker discovered his powers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

the next one should be a prequel so we can finally learn how uncle ben died and how peter parker discovered his powers

hmm yeah ive always wondered about this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fart simpson posted:

in the next spiderman they should show his descent into self destructive alcoholism

they already made 3 iron man movies

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

and peter parker should be a computer toucher who posts in yospos

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

broke: Peter Parker
woke: james jerker

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Peter Jerker

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

peter jerker and the pothead of secrets

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

broke: Peter Parker
woke: james jerker
bespoke: peter porker

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

spider-man more like climb-brother

Sagebrush posted:

superheroes discovering their powers and taking it out on the school bully is an entire neglected genre and i want movies full of nothing but satisfying revenge

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

there was that stranger things knockoff show this year that did that. she made the bullys head explode. the show wasn’t that good though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
where’s our feminine deadpool who just hunts sexual
predators etc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i want more super people who aren’t heroes or even just people who kick rear end and take names

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

echinopsis posted:

where’s our feminine deadpool who just hunts sexual
predators etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5kiFDunk8&t=7s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

coooooool

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

there was a marvel comic about "sentry", who was an alcoholic who just thought he was a superhero

turns out he was actually a superhero. yawn

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

i, uh, heard this takes a very very bad turn in the third act

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
confirm

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

fart simpson posted:

there was that stranger things knockoff show this year that did that. she made the bullys head explode. the show wasn’t that good though

hard to be a stranger things knockoff when the comic it was based on predates stranger things

also do not read the comic it is terrible

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

we're watching the latest season of Fargo and Jason Schwartzman made us start watching bored to death when we want a half hour show

bored to death is good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what happens

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
ok so dork materials picks up a bit in the latest episode. still just weak base material tho

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Chris Knight posted:

bespoke: peter porker
Your friendly neighborhood Docker-Man

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

indigi posted:

what happens
She fixes the cable?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duz posted:

bad as in, she starts being a chud?

or bad as in she stops being a rapist murderer

or bad like, just heaps of foot closeups?

or bad like U G L Y by daphne and celeste

shaggy comes in and says “it wasn’t me”?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

duz posted:

hang on it only got released 5 days ago ???? no wonder i can’t find it to torrent

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
netflix tells me "death to 2020" is a look back at 2020 by the makers of black mirror

hmm

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sounds like it probably sucks bigtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
charlie brooker, who is black mirror's creator and i think executive producer, used to do a bbc series called screen wipe which basically just talked about what was going recently on in the tv world, and it would have big year-end specials where they summed up the whole year. like basically everything else in british media it was heavily sarcastic and featured olivia colman. it was generally funny but also had some interesting segments where they'd talk about specific things in tv production, like there was segment about editing reality tv. anyway i imagine this is just charlie brooker going back to that well

screen wipe is worth catching a couple episodes of but i imagine a lot of the humor is pretty dated

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 30, 2020