Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1344074773245157378
Edit: Oh god the replies. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This probably didn’t help any

https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1343922183110877185?s=21

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jikes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What a loving weirdo

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yo for real what the gently caress is his problem?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Yo for real what the gently caress is his problem?

It seems like he's a real rear end in a top hat.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It’s kinda gross to speculate about Jericho’s alcoholism, or anyone else’s for that matter

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Vince's greatest talent is that despite everyone knowing he's 100% in charge of everything that happens in the company, he's able to convince people that whatever bad thing happened to them totally wasn't his fault and he's still their best friend.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution/status/1343876997571878912?s=20

:unsmith:

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIqeXSYc8nE

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/shane216taylor/status/1344106677776359436?s=20

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Here's a quote I found from 2018 by Sabu that he posted on Facebook, after JR had the bad fall where half his face was bruised:

"Why I have beef with Jim Ross?

In 1988 the NWA called my uncle to wrestle in Det. At cobo hall they offered him 10% of the gate or half the gate which ever was the greater the gate drew $200,000.

They gave $10,000 they owe him $100,000. It was him and Dusty’s call to give him 10k. They or Jim Ross owes my family $90,000 so f*ck him f*ck him f*ck Jim Ross i hope he choked on it. I hope he comes near me so I punch his other eye. The next time NWA came to Cobo they drew $40,000 without him on the show.

So f*ck him. He didn’t fall down he got his a** kicked by a chick with a d*ck.”

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

What was the Huber article?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

At cobo hall they offered him 10% of the gate or half the gate which ever was the greater

My brain is melting

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RonFunches/status/1344111345076064266?s=20

Cartridgeblowers posted:

What was the Huber article?

Mitchell was basically accusing Brodie's wife and AEW of a cover-up, saying that Brodie died of Covid.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 30, 2020

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s kinda gross to speculate about Jericho’s alcoholism, or anyone else’s for that matter

He’s written multiple books that contain “hilarious” stories of all the poo poo he’s gotten up to while completely hosed up. He literally calls himself Drunkicho. He thinks it’s funny that’s he’s a functioning alcoholic.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What speculation? Jericho very openly wrote in his books that he's constantly drunk but not an alcoholic because he only drinks clear booze and even gave his drunken actions an alter ego named Drunkerico.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/PharrFromHeaven/status/1344116933545881601?s=20

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Punch McLightning posted:

Here's a quote I found from 2018 by Sabu that he posted on Facebook, after JR had the bad fall where half his face was bruised:

In 1988 the NWA called my uncle to wrestle in Det. At cobo hall they offered him 10% of the gate or half the gate which ever was the greater the gate drew $200,000.

They gave $10,000 they owe him $100,000. It was him and Dusty’s call to give him 10k. They or Jim Ross owes my family $90,000 so f*ck him f*ck him f*ck Jim Ross i hope he choked on it. I hope he comes near me so I punch his other eye. The next time NWA came to Cobo they drew $40,000 without him on the show.

lmao did hogan even even get 100k for a single show at his peak

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lol

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Big Bidness posted:

He’s written multiple books that contain “hilarious” stories of all the poo poo he’s gotten up to while completely hosed up. He literally calls himself Drunkicho. He thinks it’s funny that’s he’s a functioning alcoholic.

There's a story where he's so drunk in front of HBKs family that HBK confronts him and tells him he needs to get his poo poo together.

Jericho says "you're right please help me" and HBK refuses saying that that's something he needs to do on his own.

His solution was to only drink plain vodka

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol looks like Chucky dropped trou

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

To add to the other comments: In one book, he talked about being arrested for drunk driving and how he thought it was bullshit that he had to go to court-mandated AA meetings as part of his sentence. He's not showing up on TV slurring speech like some people have over the years, but based on the guy's own memoir, it's a lot more complicated than "speculation."

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://forum.wrestlingfigs.com/thread/362864/classic-wwf-wrestler-pay-megathread

Who knows how well researched this is but apparently Hogan made 750k for MW3 per Meltz

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

davidbix posted:

To add to the other comments: In one book, he talked about being arrested for drunk driving and how he thought it was bullshit that he had to go to court-mandated AA meetings as part of his sentence. He's not showing up on TV slurring speech like some people have over the years, but based on the guy's own memoir, it's a lot more complicated than "speculation."

I really want to believe he's changed his ways somewhat or sitting at a desk next to JR, given this, seems pretty ghoulish.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

His solution was to only drink plain vodka

He said recently his wife makes him drink it with soda now instead of straight.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh hey, I know this dude he lives in the town right next over. He's super informative of our home region.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Hogan's WCW contract guaranteed him a minimum of $600,000 per pay per view and until mid 1999 it was a very good deal for WCW.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"At cobo hall they offered him 10% of the gate or half the gate which ever was the greater" is just a tremendous sentence

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

That show drew ~7,000 fans total in 1988. For the show to have drawn $200,000 the average ticket price would've been $28.57, or $62.85 when adjusted for inflation. Not a loving chance.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

If a bunch of NBA guys calling him a fatty fat fat is enough to get him to cut back on the sauce and get back in the gym, it will be yet another example of why cyber bullying is always good and works.

gently caress out of here with this poo poo, this is shameful in general but in a wrestling community that this issue has profoundly affected over the years, including the loss of hana kimura this year its particularly disgusting to see.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

My brain is melting
im guessing it was 10% of the gross or 50% of the net and that detail got telephoned out existence or someone literally didn’t understand the difference

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

imagine being mad at a guy for like 40 years because you can't do math

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The numbers don’t lie
And they spell disaster for Sabu’s uncle at Cobu

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oh my bad, he wrote stuff about being drunk in a book. Definitely carry on making jokes about alcoholism then. It’s definitely not an uncomfortable subject for me or others here

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SG Bamboo posted:

https://forum.wrestlingfigs.com/thread/362864/classic-wwf-wrestler-pay-megathread

Who knows how well researched this is but apparently Hogan made 750k for MW3 per Meltz

I found the details and Dave got it from Jim Barnett, who was in charge of the payouts and would have physically written the check.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Oh my bad, he wrote stuff about being drunk in a book. Definitely carry on making jokes about alcoholism then. It’s definitely not an uncomfortable subject for me or others here

Worse or better than "just asking questions" about whether or not someone is a pedophile based on a change in jobs?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god everyone shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

oh my god everyone shut up.