Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Just give everyone a free Zhongli, buff or no buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm still waiting for a big beefcake himbo with 0 braincells and a heart of gold.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they want to do anything beyond twunk as far as body types go.

they put Cyrus in a voiced cutscene! he had animations! it's gonna happen

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Post-buff Zhongli and Albedo seem like they could actually support a reaction spam duo with their combined RES shredding and EM buffing. Albedo with Instructor's adds about +100% reaction damage through EM, while -20% RES is a ~x1.166 multiplier on standard mobs. That's like giving ~350 EM to the team, on top of the other resonances bonuses they'll give. Now to find the perfect duo that can spam the most damaging reactions.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Post-buff Zhongli and Albedo seem like they could actually support a reaction spam duo with their combined RES shredding and EM buffing. Albedo with Instructor's adds about +100% reaction damage through EM, while -20% RES is a ~x1.166 multiplier on standard mobs. That's like giving ~350 EM to the team, on top of the other resonances bonuses they'll give. Now to find the perfect duo that can spam the most damaging reactions.

Benny/Chongyun melt duo?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm still waiting for a big beefcake himbo with 0 braincells and a heart of gold.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they want to do anything beyond twunk as far as body types go.

Big pro wrestler dumbass and Golden Kamuy-rear end Hijikata old guy are the two best types of gatcha character and at some point they will do them. I believe in my heart.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Just give everyone a free Zhongli, buff or no buff.
That's right. Give us a buff, meaty Zhongli

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Zhongli is a lame-o that only cares about following the rules and you buying him expensive gifts. Childe throws money around like there's no tomorrow and lives for gud fites and protecting his family. :colbert:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

if Varka isn't built like a brick shithouse we riot

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

if Varka isn't built like a brick shithouse we riot

I want him to be Master Roshi style. Or, y'know, a dog with a sword in its mouth.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

You know Varka will be the twinkiest twink that ever twinked

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Space Opera posted:

Also, it low key annoys me that the only collectables in Dragonspine are mint and pinecones, maybe a few conches. They couldn't give us some mist flowers or something, or a recipe that uses more than 1-2 mint?

Can't wait to have 9999 mint and still no mint-using recipes until like Snezhnaya or something :v:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Is it possible to install this on a phone's SD card? My internal memory is solidly packed because every bloody built in app that can't be uninstalled has to be enormous these days, but I've got plenty of SD space.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

gandlethorpe posted:

That's like giving ~350 EM to the team, on top of the other resonances bonuses they'll give. Now to find the perfect duo that can spam the most damaging reactions.

If it's a consistent debuff with them not out probably Benny/Chong or Diluc/XQ. If it's something you have to set up and expires quickly, Benny/Mona for the big number.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

gandlethorpe posted:

Swirl and all other reactions don't gain anything from +DMG%
I never said it would, just that Anemo% isn't going to help a Pyro Swirl in any event.

Swapping an EM for Anemo% Goblet isn't going to do a whole lot for Sucrose's skill output, and a good EM build will have Swirls that do more damage than her basic attack string. Running her with Widsith and a more Venti-ish build (CR%/Anemo%/EM) can get a 150-175ish party buff (more if Widsith rolls EM) with double the skill damage. Trades away about 100 EM for the party though and those are numbers Albedo can put up without any investment at all, and it leaves her with chronic energy problems since no Sacrificial Fragments for a third E. She's also still doing half the numbers of a similarly-built Venti and costing Vaporize/Melt reactions a large chunk of DPS.

Full EM can basically build with an eye toward Energy Recharge and fix the Burst cycling issues she otherwise has. She's got to make up 35 energy over an equivalent Venti (more, effectively, since Venti has natural ER%) to fulfill the same role, and then at less effectiveness because Venti's numbers are just better (even with the +3 from constellations her E damage is lower with worse effective CD). I have her at C6 and use her quite a bit, but she needs basically every advantage and all of her advantages push her firmly into a supportive role. Her damage output can still be very good with a large number of enemies and multiple elements to Swirl; when I can get her Burst to absorb Hydro and swirl Pyro around on the enemies sucked into it, those numbers do start stacking up and that's pretty good for someone who can't crit off most of them. The difference is I'm dropping 3 consecutive Es on a multiswirl and still not refilling her, whereas if I tap Q with Venti on at least 3 enemies I'm basically guaranteed to have all my energy back on him afterward. Playing to her strengths means getting her Burst down, getting her buffs up, and then swapping her out for someone to take better advantage of her C6 than she can.

That said she generates more particles per E and can dump them all out in sequence instead of needing to switch back to her every 6s, so if your setup doesn't let you do that with Venti there can be some value there. She's also better at feeding Jean, I'd say, though Jean is generally used in a double Anemo team to feed Venti/Sucrose and not the other way around.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally got a pretty good Geo Flower. Would have preferred more of the stat bonuses to go to one of the crit sub-stats (though at least crit damage got one buff), but otherwise it seems very nice. Wish I could get a good artifact for one of the more meaningful artifact slots, though.

edit: I get the impression that EM is probably pretty lame for Geo; a small percent buff to shields likely isn't very meaningful.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Literally where were these hordes of people getting mad at other players for rolling on the Zhongli banner
all I saw on reddit were posts demanding buffs, and all I saw on twitter was fanart of him kissing childe or lumine

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Wait, I don't follow this game outside of the thread. How was the outrage of Zhongli being poo poo a nationalist outrage?

Avynte posted:

Zhongli is a lame-o that only cares about following the rules and you buying him expensive gifts.

Was this it? Is this the essence of him being Chinese?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Wait, I don't follow this game outside of the thread. How was the outrage of Zhongli being poo poo a nationalist outrage?
He's the God of China, so obviously if he isn't the best character in the game you're a traitor to the country

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

homeless snail posted:

He's the God of China

I didn't know that. I mash through any and all attempts by this game to put "dialogue" or "plot" or "story" in my face so I can get back to killing things with my waifus because I want to have fun with the video game that I'm playing.

I guess that makes me an idiot laowai.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Anticheese posted:

Is it possible to install this on a phone's SD card? My internal memory is solidly packed because every bloody built in app that can't be uninstalled has to be enormous these days, but I've got plenty of SD space.

Maybe? Don't think I would though. It's a very demanding game for phones/tablets and I imagine the load times would be excruciating pulling it off an SD card.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Zhongli has a dumb combat voice. He should be all how about some tea mr hilichurl not graghhghah my intestines are blocked. Have they said anything about patching this?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I didn't know that. I mash through any and all attempts by this game to put "dialogue" or "plot" or "story" in my face so I can get back to killing things with my waifus because I want to have fun with the video game that I'm playing.

I guess that makes me an idiot laowai.

It does, yes.

I got a god flower. Sadly it rolled flat atk twice but it got a crit dmg roll at the end with potential for one more so I'm happy. Will be great for Ganyu. It's a Noblesse but I got lucky and have a cryo atk% Blizzard goblet so lucky me.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

S.J. posted:

Childe is pretty popular among the "please choke slam me into bed" crowd

please sweet baby jesus make this the new thread title

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

zgrowler2 posted:

please sweet baby jesus make this the new thread title

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Do people buy stuff from the stardust store? I think I'm past the point where I need to worry about 750 every month for the fates. I guess they could go up to 1250 sometime, but even then I have enough for a few months. Could always use more books/ore/mora...

I can't parse the prices on any of this though. The books seem expensive. 15000xp for 8 dust. It all seems expensive actually. I unno guess I'll sit on it.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I occasionally splurge on materials I need and don't feel like grinding out and I've never had a problem affording the monthly orbs. I do wonder if those discounts will ever go away on those though.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

kater posted:

Do people buy stuff from the stardust store? I think I'm past the point where I need to worry about 750 every month for the fates. I guess they could go up to 1250 sometime, but even then I have enough for a few months. Could always use more books/ore/mora...

I can't parse the prices on any of this though. The books seem expensive. 15000xp for 8 dust. It all seems expensive actually. I unno guess I'll sit on it.

I've been buying a few of the lower-tier masks, hoarder coins, etc. I've still got 1.7k in dust, so they haven't been much of a drain.

Buying books, mora, or ore seems like a good way to fall prey to overspending, since the limit is high and they're something you'll always need more of.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I always buy the all the books and limited mora

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

kater posted:

Oh yeah, all the time. I bought a bunch of masks at one point to level up Razor's talents because for some reason horns are the only thing that seem guaranteed to drop when you kill an enemy.

I'm only just now hitting the point where I could buy a thing on the Starglitter shop and I'll probably be putting that one off for a while till a character comes along that I want another constellation of.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

But how do you know which waifus are cool if you don't pay attention to what they do?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Posts like that make me think about what I'd suggest to someone who just wants a pure video game minus all the turning into movies stuff that they've been doing lately like cutscenes and voice acting and antagonists and dialogue and I still don't have an answer.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bloody Emissary posted:

I've been buying a few of the lower-tier masks, hoarder coins, etc. I've still got 1.7k in dust, so they haven't been much of a drain.

Buying books, mora, or ore seems like a good way to fall prey to overspending, since the limit is high and they're something you'll always need more of.

OTOH, books, mora, and ore are the only things in the shop that you can't just farm unlimited amounts of for free.

RareAcumen posted:

Posts like that make me think about what I'd suggest to someone who just wants a pure video game minus all the turning into movies stuff that they've been doing lately like cutscenes and voice acting and antagonists and dialogue and I still don't have an answer.

Not even DOOM is safe anymore...

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

doom 2016

kater
Nov 16, 2010

were there always islands south of beidou's ship? they are actually there and not just background i think.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

I got a god flower. Sadly it rolled flat atk twice but it got a crit dmg roll at the end with potential for one more so I'm happy. Will be great for Ganyu. It's a Noblesse but I got lucky and have a cryo atk% Blizzard goblet so lucky me.

Yikes, sucks that none of the upgrades were to the best stats (edit: missed that you did get one in CDMG, same as me, so not that bad). Otherwise that's basically almost the same as mine, except I got the two other non-CDMG rolls in atk%.

I'm crossing my fingers that the remaining upgrade is to one of the crit stats. I've gotten lucky so far with none of them going to the EM stat.

RareAcumen posted:

I feel like a game like DMC or something would be better suited to someone who just wants good gameplay and doesn't care as much about plot/characters/setting (not that the DMC games are bad in that way or anything, but they obviously give a lot more focus to the gameplay). There's no way I'd be sticking with this game if I didn't find the characters/plot/events enjoyable.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

There's dialogue in this game?

https://i.imgur.com/LvCoM4b.mp4

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I swear there's one time they do an aerial camera view and Rosaria's boobs legit go out like a foot in front of her from that vantage point. It was hilarious.

EDIT: I've got Albedo up to Level 60 now with Rank 4 Talents and his support is really dang good. I can see why Harbinger of Dawn is so good on him because he barely needs to be out on the field so the bonus is basically always active. The damage from geo blooms are great supplemental DPS to and they poo poo out energy and crystallize shields all over. I love this dude. I was trying him out a bit on a team with Diluc/Xingqiu/Diona and poo poo slaps. I do miss Venti/Sucrose sucking up enemies and swirling on occasion but the supplemental DPS and survivability boost from Albedo is real good.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Dec 30, 2020

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The game scratches my primal urge for waifus and my primal urge to collect doodads every week to make numbers go higher, to look for a deeper meaning is tomfoolery. Speaking of, what is the next best battle-pass weapon after the black sword?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Draxion posted:

Big pro wrestler dumbass and Golden Kamuy-rear end Hijikata old guy are the two best types of gatcha character and at some point they will do them. I believe in my heart.
beefcake catalyst user who uses their vision to power their punches and kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
That highly depends on who you have that needs a weapon upgrade. The only one I wouldn't personally recommend is the spear because no one really wants it over crescent or an ER spear right now if I remember my guides correctly.