Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

christmas boots posted:

Sure, but if you're gonna kill a Nazi just kill the Nazi. No need to be all Saw about it

Why do you think Nazis deserve mercy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Bust Rodd posted:

I just said it's fine to kill Nazis. If you wanna interpret that as being merciful then ok I guess.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

christmas boots posted:

I just said it's fine to kill Nazis. If you wanna interpret that as being merciful then ok I guess.

Death is a mercy compared to being a human mcnugget

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Her exterior will reflect her interior which will reflect Nazism in general. It's fitting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

There’s no reason for us to assume she gave up stake in her husband’s company, so as far as we can guess, she’s where all the money and power really lie, and knows where all the bodies are buried. She still has value to Gus Fring

Or she sold her shares. Or she doesn't have a controlling interest. Or :techno: some other reason.

Also her being secretly in charge or whatever doesn't really make sense because why would she wait so long to make her move on Homelander.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I imagine that being 79 years old, you learn to patient

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Defiance Industries posted:

there are plenty of quad amputees who live happy and fulfilling lives, i suppose it depends on how well she'll heal and if the ADA exists in the boys universe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Or she sold her shares. Or she doesn't have a controlling interest. Or :techno: some other reason.

Also her being secretly in charge or whatever doesn't really make sense because why would she wait so long to make her move on Homelander.

the show seems to think being an actual, factual nazi is enough to get you turbo-canceled, I'm sure they'll just say she lost everything once the news went out.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I don't think she was secretly running things, though I think it's clear she had enough pull to get her way if she wanted something and I think she just wasn't interested in any company business outside of her little project with Lamplighter.

I think it makes sense that she didn't make a move before she did, though. Presumably she was waiting until she had a breakthrough with the Compound V research before she did anything.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh no, I don’t think she’s like the secret CEO, but if I were an ageless Nazi and my husband started and developed the biggest and most secret military technology conglomerate on Earth I would CERTAINLY hold on to whatever shares/stock I could. She’s gotta be richer than the Catholic Church (Vought is like if Disney were also Raytheon) and probably has intel that nobody else has.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Maybe they'll just freeze her and store her underneath Vought Land

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I'm pretty sure any shares she would have been seized by the allies after the Nazis lost the war.

Although, her taking over as CEO would be pretty cool, so I hope it happens that they were somehow Switzerlanded to safety.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just from a genetic standpoint she's valuable. She's the first official "win" when they tested Compound V.

Even being a half blind stumpy burn victim, she's still worth researching to see if they can tweak that formula even more.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I'm pretty sure any shares she would have been seized by the allies after the Nazis lost the war.

lemme tell you about a little thing called operation paperclip

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm pretty sure we're going to see Aya Cash again, in flashbacks as Liberty. as for Stormfront, well, the show did spend a decent amount of time showcasing a supe who could regrow his limbs and who was being used as a test subject.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

T-man posted:

lemme tell you about a little thing called operation paperclip

Wait, did the nazi scientists retain their holdings in Volkswagen?

Edit: And other Nazi corps?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Incredible Username//Post combo

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Isn’t the whole first season of the boys about how Vought was able to stay autonomous from the us military after the war and how Vought’s trying to get exclusive military contracts with the government, something they wouldn’t need if the allies just came in and trust busted the place?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Defiance Industries posted:

That's how you end up with an unstoppable Nazi cyborg 100 years from now

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Her exterior will reflect her interior which will reflect Nazism in general. It's fitting.

each season will now conclude with SF being mangled in some incrementally worst way. The show will end with Aya Cash having a cameo as herself where she'll say "hello, I'm Aya Cash, and this is what I think of nazis" immediately before decapitating stormfront

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Bust Rodd posted:

Counterpoint- if you get off on the idea of torturing people (even Nazis), then you aren't much better than a Nazi yourself.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

If you want fictional Nazis to suffer aren't you the real Nazi? Wow, really makes you think.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Counterpoint- if you get off on the idea of torturing people (even Nazis), then you aren't much better than a Nazi yourself.

paradox of tolerance nerd, you ever heard of it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
For the record I very explicitly did not make that comparison

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

go ahead, disagree with Karl Popper, the man who invented science

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

T-man posted:

go ahead, disagree with Karl Popper, the man who invented science

Are you seriously trying to fuckin tell me that K-Pop invented science?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Karl Popper of the classic American blues jam band Blues Traveler?!??!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

you are both correct (blues is a sub genre of kpop)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If you think about it aren't all forms of music just variations on kpop

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

in the grim darkness of the near future there is only kpop

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wheeee posted:

in the grim darkness of the near future there is only kpop

Kpop fans did the the needful like the time they got Trump's campaign organizer fired via RVSP spamming or how they shut down the Dallas PD Snitch app by submitting Kpop videos through the app.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
KPOP is exactly like furry culture to me. I get it now, I’m sorry I used to make fun of it, I still think it’s silly but I like lots of silly things, and NO I do not want to learn a single new thing about it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm korean and don't understand kpop. Just sounds like nsync?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

T-man posted:

there are plenty of quad amputees who live happy and fulfilling lives, i suppose it depends on how well she'll heal and if the ADA exists in the boys universe

the show seems to think being an actual, factual nazi is enough to get you turbo-canceled, I'm sure they'll just say she lost everything once the news went out.

The Nazis really weren't too fond of the physically handicapped though.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm korean and don't understand kpop. Just sounds like nsync?

people don't love kpop because it's good, people love kpop because they have been conditioned to love product and kpop is the ultimate product

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's the biggest reason places like Aspen and Park Place became some of the most expensive real estate in the US, Nazi's buying up tons of land in quiet communities in the Rockies that reminded them of the Alps. Hunter S Thompson actually has a bunch of articles about it from the time period when he was trying to keep them from turning Aspen into what it is today.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In 2019 there was a big magazine spread about how someone was researching the family who owns Krispy Kreme donuts and WHOOPS looks like those delicious donuts are actually a Nazi op! LoL

Nazis are everywhere, all around you. You ever use a Texas Instruments calculator in High School? Nazi scientist company lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bust Rodd posted:

In 2019 there was a big magazine spread about how someone was researching the family who owns Krispy Kreme donuts and WHOOPS looks like those delicious donuts are actually a Nazi op! LoL

Nazis are everywhere, all around you. You ever use a Texas Instruments calculator in High School? Nazi scientist company lol

Mediocre rear end nazi donuts

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

They can't be worse than Tim Hortons

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Bust Rodd posted:

Little story time:

A Volkswagen dealer here in my country got in huge problem 'cause they were proudly showing a photo of nazi poo poo in their office. A client noticed and had a huge "what in the gently caress" moment. They tried to save face by saying it was a photo gallery about the company's history and they had to show the nazi part because who cares they murdered children and are the bad guys.

Everyone got fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the nazis love america because it is a fascist settler state built on the genocide which inspired them in the first place

the confederacy won the civil war, nazis won WWII, and america must burn imo.