Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've heard of Big Match John, but Big Suit Jon??

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1344026487217905667?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Foochs deserves credit for sticking by his dude through all this poo poo and being rewarded for it big time

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Paper Lion posted:

gently caress out of here with this poo poo, this is shameful in general but in a wrestling community that this issue has profoundly affected over the years, including the loss of hana kimura this year its particularly disgusting to see.

It's almost like that post is very obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I had to have been watching WWE at this point and have absolutely zero memory of this what the gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Weeeellll...

Welll it’s the big suit

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Huntman posted:

I had to have been watching WWE at this point and have absolutely zero memory of this what the gently caress

This must have been right when I was tuning out. I assume this was "Mitch The Plant" era where if I was watching WWE, it was only Smackdown and I think Moxley was on RAW for the worst of the comedy stuff?

But yeah, it's kind of wild that I also have no memory of this whatsoever.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't know Jon was into Talking Heads

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Is that Roman's suit

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1344273687340572672?s=19

Wonder if he will face any punishment for this

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It would be just awful if Vince threw a big fit about it and new day had to go to aew. I'm all broken up just thinking about it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Austin Walker vs Kenny Omega but this time its for real.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

tao of lmao posted:

Austin Walker vs Kenny Omega but this time its for real.

"That... That's...Consequences Creed!

What's Consequences Creed doing in a HIND Helicopter hovering over DAILY'S PLACE, JR?!"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i do think vince has enough of a brain left that he wouldn't get mad at someone for talking about a friend that just died but i do also think that if anything would make someone justifiably quit on the spot it'd be getting yelled at for doing so

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

justifiably quit on the spot

Lol you think WWE wrestlers have this option

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

i do think vince has enough of a brain left that he wouldn't get mad at someone for talking about a friend that just died but i do also think that if anything would make someone justifiably quit on the spot it'd be getting yelled at for doing so

Unfortunately, quitting would just result in him being sidelined for a long period of time with no income.

It's really sad that the first thing I thought when I saw that tweet was how gutsy it was of Xavier to hit send.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rarity posted:

Lol you think WWE wrestlers have this option

i don't but i think it'd also just outright be a good basis for a lawsuit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

Unfortunately, quitting would just result in him being sidelined for a long period of time with no income.
No income from wrestling :eng101:

Austin would do just fine sitting on a frozen contract

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I would doubt it, but I have found it interesting to see the disparity between the companies. AEW has been retweeting a bunch of stuff from wrestlers everywhere, including wrestlers in WWE. I don't think WWE has been doing the same thing? It's just nice to see a company who realizes they don't always have to have everything be about them and pretend other companies/people in other companies don't exist.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

I would doubt it, but I have found it interesting to see the disparity between the companies. AEW has been retweeting a bunch of stuff from wrestlers everywhere, including wrestlers in WWE. I don't think WWE has been doing the same thing? It's just nice to see a company who realizes they don't always have to have everything be about them and pretend other companies/people in other companies don't exist.

Would be lying if I said I hadn’t clocked this as well, but also he didn’t work there anymore, so I kind of get it to a point, except that he was there for 7 years, frequently prominently featured, so not really. Could certainly do without the “known to the WWE Universe as” phrasing forever though.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flatluigi posted:

We can't give them this benefit of the doubt anymore. They are such slaves to the brand above all mentality that they think wrestlers making money on the side via twitch and onlyfans somehow is a betrayal. And that's way below something like promoting a competing show. So yeah I think even if they dont do anything they'll be internally mad about it.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Could certainly do without the “known to the WWE Universe as” phrasing forever though.

I think this is fine. There are lots of wwe fans who don’t watch AEW, who don’t know who Brodie Lee is. I actually think it’s kind of strange that the tribute is to Brodie Lee, not to Jon Huber, but I assume that his family wanted or at least was ok with that. Kayfabe vs real names in wrestling seems to be a weird thing.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Jordan7hm posted:

I think this is fine. There are lots of wwe fans who don’t watch AEW, who don’t know who Brodie Lee is. I actually think it’s kind of strange that the tribute is to Brodie Lee, not to Jon Huber, but I assume that his family wanted or at least was ok with that. Kayfabe vs real names in wrestling seems to be a weird thing.

Oh I’m fine with the identifying him as Luke Harper for WWE fans piece, it’s the insistence on the “WWE Universe” phrasing that I don’t care for, even outside of the context of a memorial tweet. Pure aesthetic preference on my part.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

No income from wrestling :eng101:

Austin would do just fine sitting on a frozen contract

true

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm not going to lie, I'm sort of enjoying the dogpile on Bruce Mitchell at this point.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Q_res posted:

I'm not going to lie, I'm sort of enjoying the dogpile on Bruce Mitchell at this point.

Hahahahahaha

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Q_res posted:

This whole exchange is amazing. Sean straight up bodied him here.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Q_res posted:

Do you have a link to the whole exchange? I suck at browsing twitter

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Do you have a link to the whole exchange? I suck at browsing twitter

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Get his rear end, Sapp.

Thanks Vince!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’d DM Bruce. Dump Mustard on him!!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/ThePaulPonte/status/1344337988264755200

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

WWE hasn't itself but up until WWE released an official statement (and even a bit after that) the WWE wrestlers were retweeting the AEW account's tweet about Lee's death.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JOHN CENA posted:

oh my god everyone shut up.

best new name for this subforum

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

straight up Conan the Barbarian, amazing

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

StarkRavingMad posted:

The SA Forums > Supposedly About Sports > Don't Post Here

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Lone Goat posted:

The SA Forums > Supposedly About Sports > Slapfight Shanty

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ahahahaha that's just Reb Brown.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lumbermouth posted:

Ahahahaha that's just Big McLargehuge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"That... That's...Consequences Creed!

What's Consequences Creed doing in a HIND Helicopter hovering over DAILY'S PLACE, JR?!"

BROTHERRRRRRR!!!!! *Liquid Snake Pose*