Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:bisonyes:

Urgh, page snipe

The London Bus HQ is at 172 Buckingham Palace Road.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1344341076266639362

love to adopt a wait and see approach to my pandemic response, a year into my series of wait and see responses disastrously backfiring

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Another 981 deaths and 50,000 cases today, Jesus Christ. I'm sure primary schools going back on Monday will all be fine.

A hefty chunk of today's figure is data from previous day's that has only just been compiled. It's still poo poo mind, just not almost 1k poo poo. That comes next week.

On the brexit vote, my MP held a zoom call and FB live event yesterday. Opinion of constituency was pretty much 100% abstain or vote against, so of course he votes for the deal as to do otherwise would be voting for no deal, the most bullshit weaselly excuse. The shadow minister for fisheries and he votes for a deal that he admits will gently caress our fishermen. I guess those sweet, sweet shadow minister bucks are just too good.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 30, 2020

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Desiderata posted:

Am absolutely tickled that after all these years of arguing in the pub with my oh so liberal economist friend, Corbyn voted against Brexit and his guy whipped the party for it.

Death is nothing compared to vindication.

Wait so you fooled your friend into thinking this was a vote for or against Brexit?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

johnson talks some right shite

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
starmer getting a kicking on twitter lol

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

starmer getting a kicking on twitter lol

I think I posted a while back that Starmer might well end up going before Johnson does and I backed away from that for a few months but his absolutely garbage 'I offer no one anything but betrayal' style of leadership has to mean he'll be gone as soon as anyone seriously puts together a challenge. The SCG are either past it or a bunch of worthless melts at this point which is a real shame but there will be quite a lot of the right of Labour thinking all they need is to organise a campaign in the summer and they'll get him out.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

All of the alternatives to Starmer are essentially a move from 'i am mot going to oppose Boris' to 'actually, here is why what Boris is doing is good for the economy.'

Arm Big John you cowards.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

namesake posted:

I think I posted a while back that Starmer might well end up going before Johnson does and I backed away from that for a few months but his absolutely garbage 'I offer no one anything but betrayal' style of leadership has to mean he'll be gone as soon as anyone seriously puts together a challenge. The SCG are either past it or a bunch of worthless melts at this point which is a real shame but there will be quite a lot of the right of Labour thinking all they need is to organise a campaign in the summer and they'll get him out.

perfect move really letting him take all the flak for the purges before getting rid because he's shown to be useless otherwise

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Beefeater1980 posted:

Wait so you fooled your friend into thinking this was a vote for or against Brexit?

More that said friend convinced himself that any capitulation whatsoever to brexit is a betrayal, or more accurately Remainiacs podcast did.

That when all is said and done: I wore my feet to a bloody blistered mess campaigning for a slate that included a second referendum, and his net contribution to the whole affair was to put a stronger together poster in his window, buy a remain mug, argue against the man who offered him everything he says he wanted, then join the party to vote for the man who waves it all through in the end... is all the it's not blood it's victory wine I need.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

All of the alternatives to Starmer are essentially a move from 'i am mot going to oppose Boris' to 'actually, here is why what Boris is doing is good for the economy.'

Arm Big John you cowards.

McDonnell won't do it, he's old and far too tied to the Corbyn years to be a success in a wider context.

Gotta be Sultana or Burgon or some other angry young(ish) left voice.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'd vote for both of them.

I mean hell I already did vote for burgon.

His version of the nandos could be getting your burg on for burgon.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 30, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Clive Lewis seems like he'd be a good leader. Sultana or Burgon too but I wouldn't want to read any of the press for a Sultana leadership (jk I already don't want to read any of the press).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Isn't lewis still supposed to be a creep also a hardcore remainer?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Clive Lewis seems like he'd be a good leader. Sultana or Burgon too but I wouldn't want to read any of the press for a Sultana leadership (jk I already don't want to read any of the press).

my mum doesn't like Zarah purely because of her Blair, Netenyahu and Bush tweet

because it got reported on roughly a thousand times more than anything she's done since

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

namesake posted:

In five years people will remember him as the guy that opposed gay marriage, or maybe married a cheeky girl, and won't quite know which.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

sinky posted:

Happy Brexit day :siren:DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdpbD8MjdDQ

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 30, 2020

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/edmorrish/status/1343878018129948672?s=20

E: Also does anybody have a link to that thing where you can play around with vaccine numbers, effectiveness, R-Value etc.

I've tried searching for like "Interactive disease modelling" and stuff like that but can't find it.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 30, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

OwlFancier posted:

What does the word 'still' mean in this post?

Vvv that basically.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 30, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I heard he made a sexist comment to a woman and then it turns out he made a dumb joke to a man while there was a woman in the room or something, so I don't know, because the press will give a fairer hearing to a Tory MP who sexually assaults people than a Labour progressive who exists. I hope he isn't, but if he is he is.

Hardcore remainer I suspect won't be an issue soon unless he's going to run on some suicidal Rejoin basis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As in I heard he was a creep and have not heard anything to suggest that assessment was incorrect. Ergo he is still supposed to be one, if I had contrary information that supposition would be rescinded.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

I heard he made a sexist comment to a woman and then it turns out he made a dumb joke to a man while there was a woman in the room or something, so I don't know, because the press will give a fairer hearing to a Tory MP who sexually assaults people than a Labour progressive who exists. I hope he isn't, but if he is he is.

Hardcore remainer I suspect won't be an issue soon unless he's going to run on some suicidal Rejoin basis.

Yeah it was like "On your knees, bitch" or something, to a man. The man he said it to said "it was clearly jovial". Obviously it would have been better if he wouldn't have said it, but he did apologise and say that he realised it was inappropriate after, but because Clive is on the left, Jess Phillips made a big thing of it.

There may be other things I don't know about.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah it was like "On your knees, bitch" or something, to a man. The man he said it to said "it was clearly jovial". Obviously it would have been better if he wouldn't have said it, but he did apologise and say that he realised it was inappropriate after, but because Clive is on the left, Jess Phillips made a big thing of it.

Yep, after winning a quiz at a Labour conference fringe event or something iirc

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

So which of the three Mitchell & Webb sketches was prophetic?

The three known sketches being this, are we the baddies and kill the poor.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

I think you’ll find that the farmer sketch is also pretty drat well known. And funny. Special mention to the two guys throwing a party and talking about inviting Shaggy and James Bond.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1344333959140937728?s=21

Just pure spite. Infuriating not just that Williamson will do this, but that he feels sure enough that it won’t be a big deal to the press.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

WhatEvil posted:

also an accusation of sexual harrassment resulting from the same conference, where "the NEC’s sexual harassment panel has ruled that on the balance of the evidence the matter should not be referred to a full hearing of the national constitutional committee". during the leadership election, there were also some women on Twitter in his constituency, from what i remember, saying that he made odd comments to them at CLP meetings or made them feel uncomfortable at the gym by staring at them (can't find the tweets now)

then there was this whole thing from this interview, which ruffled a few feathers

quote:

In terms of the allegations that happened at the party conference in 2017, they were dismissed, the case was dropped by the party. When people understand the facts – which is that during a selfie I put my arm around her and my hand slapped her thigh. She claims I squeezed her bum, but I can’t remember that. It’s entirely possible that I did hug her in for the selfie, and it could be seen as a squeeze, that’s something that I have to accept.

I’ve spent 40 plus years as Clive Lewis, and one of the things you have to come to terms with is you are no longer just Clive Lewis – you are Clive Lewis MP. It does come with responsibilities, and so someone asking to be in a picture with you, and you putting your arm around them and hugging them in, [I have to remember that I’m doing it as] Clive Lewis MP, in the public eye. So there is a power dynamic, which means that you just can’t do that. So I have had to change how I engage with people – women especially. It’s a really sad thing to say, but it is a sign of our times. I also have to think about that when I’m alone with female activists. You never want to be in a situation where someone can make a claim when it’s their word against yours. Those are the things you have to think about now: you shouldn’t have to, and I never did before, but I think since the #MeToo movement, there’s a more heightened sense about those power relationships.

none of this being conclusive proof, of course

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

endlessmonotony posted:

All of the ones where Webb plays a right oval office.

Jakabite posted:

I think you’ll find that the farmer sketch is also pretty drat well known. And funny. Special mention to the two guys throwing a party and talking about inviting Shaggy and James Bond.

The Sherlock sketch is very good. I don't like 'are we the baddies' anymore - it's mostly just used by centrists and TERFs these days.

stev fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 30, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

stev posted:

All of the ones where Webb plays a right oval office.

"plays"?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

yeah that's why its prophetic

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

then there was this whole thing from this interview, which ruffled a few feathers
Yeah it does seem like he had some issues, but if he gets what they are and is willing to put good faith effort into change and not Keir Starmer 20 minutes unconscious bias training (that has been proven doesn't work) effort into change, I'd still take him as leader over any of the right. It would be good to have a woman as Labour leader though, but I wouldn't pick Jess Phillips or some other terfy type over someone like him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

marktheando posted:

Lol I sent an angry email to my MP about him voting for brexit after years of bashing Corbyn for being a brexiteer, and got a pretty incoherent angry response back 5 minutes later.

MY WIFE IS EUROPEAN AND THEREFORE

Mate, Nigel Farage's wife is Germany, gently caress off already Murray you waste of skin

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Nigel Farage's wife is Germany
I knew he was into some weird poo poo.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

Mate, Nigel Farage's wife is Germany,

Wow how'd he manage to pull that

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
New tier 4 regs (England).

Friends who do eg mobile hairdressing and other beauty stuff have been sent guidance from National Hair & Beauty Federation about the new tier 4.

Apparently this means, if you run one of these mobile services and are in Tier 4, you can travel to Tiers 1-3 to work but you can't work in Tier 4. Doesn't seem to make much sense!

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jakabite posted:

This one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4m_ajuNmSA

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1344414335360237568

DPD finally did a good thing!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/MissDSays/status/1344375084656562178?s=20

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1344412203936526342?s=19

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Well, have you seen the last four Prime Ministers?