Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How did they eat sandwiches with those teeth? :wth:

EDIT: I have no newly purchased swag to display but I'm in the middle of my year-end charity donation push. If you can spare it there's no end of groups that need your help. I have suggestions if anyone needs some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Coffee And Pie posted:

I bought some black filament for my 3d printer, plus a storage container and some silica gel packets

Gonna print a halo gun

I would like to know more about where to get Halo gun STLs

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

This excellent shirt

https://twitter.com/DothTheDoth/status/1333165541964517376?s=20

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Regarding the HALO guns, I've seen a lot for sale and for free. Best place to look online for any stls is yeggi.com, it'll give you all the results for your search across pretty much every 3d model platform there is.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

This excellent shirt

where how

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://toothandtalon.bigcartel.com/

Still some left. And downright inexcusable not to at a paltry 13 pund.

I've been buying a lot of poo poo from tattoo artists this year since so many had to cut back on work so much.

e: see also

prolly at least one more print or shirt I'm forgetting

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Dec 29, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Got a little one on the way, so this Christmas Mrs. Burd has deemed I go maximum dad

ngl, the pressure washer is fun as hell

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Warbird posted:

Got a little one on the way, so this Christmas Mrs. Burd has deemed I go maximum dad

Very nice.

Was coveting one at my local Ace just yesterday.

And also good choice on that pressure washer. Same and super handy.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

that is loving hilarious

Warbird
May 23, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Very nice.

Was coveting one at my local Ace just yesterday.

And also good choice on that pressure washer. Same and super handy.

I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm not full up in the cult like my buddy with one, but it's a good grill and a definite improvement from the tiny Webber we got from Lowe's an age ago.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Warbird posted:

ngl, the pressure washer is fun as hell

Have you attached a go pro to it yet and made some videos?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

drat people are so talented with thing's i'd never even imagine creating !

Someone I know is trying to get into astral projection to meditate and hopefully sleep better

After watching the Die Hards' over christmas, well this is all I could find that looked similar to the sweater he wore in Die Hard 2

I'm sure it's going to be horrible quality and probably sized for a toddler, but meh!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Blue On Blue posted:

drat people are so talented with thing's i'd never even imagine creating !

Someone I know is trying to get into astral projection to meditate and hopefully sleep better

After watching the Die Hards' over christmas, well this is all I could find that looked similar to the sweater he wore in Die Hard 2

I'm sure it's going to be horrible quality and probably sized for a toddler, but meh!

That sweater looks cozy as hell. I hope it works out for you.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Argyle posted:

Impulse buy at Costco that I don't regret for a second. I'm a slow coffee drinker, so by the time I get to the bottom 1/3 of my cup it's cold. But NOT ANYMORE.

Battery lasts "up to" 80/90 minutes but most of the time I'm anchored to my desk for work, so I'm always close to the charging pad anyway.

The app is a little stupid (preset temperatures for different types of tea that are literally 1 degree apart) but once you set it up and set the temperature you like, you basically never have to touch it again.

My wife is constantly microwaving her coffee back to temp and I thought this would be perfect for her... at $40. I saw $100 and laughed away to go find some bitchin sauce.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got the Ember last year for Christmas and it is pretty insane although I rapidly chug any liquid I consume, especially coffee

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That sweater looks cozy as hell. I hope it works out for you.

right? that's what I said when I saw it, and found out lots of people on the internet thought similar

unfortunately the only 'real' one is like $1,000 because it's a movie prop

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TraderStav posted:

My wife is constantly microwaving her coffee back to temp and I thought this would be perfect for her... at $40. I saw $100 and laughed away to go find some bitchin sauce.

It takes me like ten minutes to finish a cup of coffee. Are folks making 32oz cups of coffee or am I drinking my coffee far too fast?

mystes
May 31, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

It takes me like ten minutes to finish a cup of coffee. Are folks making 32oz cups of coffee or am I drinking my coffee far too fast?
Coffee can be anything from a single espresso to a huge pot of drip coffee.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

McCracAttack posted:

She sets it down and forgets about it doing other things. I make a pot and am continuously drinking it until it is gone. Never cools down

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm the guy at the office that moves the entire coffee maker to his desk and drinks straight out of the pot. Stays warm, you see.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Dr. Kayak Paddle posted:

Have you attached a go pro to it yet and made some videos?

Well poo poo. Now I need to go buy a go pro.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Seems like an insulated cup would be easier and mostly as effective to me. And cheaper,

Anyway my latest purchase was probably made in the 60s

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
My wife has that $25 Yeti coffee mug and loves it.

I bought a 1tb nvme ssd so i can shuffle drives around and make more space on my home work computer to install more games that my friend/roommate and I play on our lan. And because I think long term I also bought a canister of the brick and mortar water sealant so I can respray our chimney sometime this Summer to keep the water seeping into the attic and dripping into the living room because our house sucks.

Oh also six white fast food style plastic serving trays, because the three of us have gotten back into Lego recently, and it's tough for three people to do a lego set simultaneously so this way we can sort pieces by colors and just pass the trays around.

and a duster and some packing tape.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I had an ember, gave it to my partner, now it’s stuck in her locked down office building.

The key thing isn’t that it will raise the temperature but actually that it will keep it at exactly a preset temperature - every sip is that perfect not quite too hot but just at the perfect limit temperature.

Dang, I might have just talked myself into buying another one.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I put an Ember on my Christmas wishlist, thinking of it as something that would be cool to have but that I would never buy for myself, and my mother-in-law bought it for me this past holiday. I used it for the first time the other night and I love the thing. Out of the box it heats your beverage to a nice 135F, which is perfect coffee drinking temperature imo, so you don't even really have to fiddle with the app if you don't want to. I connected my mug to the app and made my LED pink :kimchi:

I made a cup of coffee before dinner, had a few sips, ate, got distracted with Animal Crossing, and when I came back 40 minutes later my drink was still lovely and warm when it otherwise would have been sad and cold. I can see how it would be really useful to someone who makes a cuppa and can't drink it all right away, like in an office where you have to pause frequently to take calls or write emails or whatever. Or if you, like me, are prone to forgetting that your drink exists until it's too late.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

davebo posted:

My wife has that $25 Yeti coffee mug and loves it.

I bought a 1tb nvme ssd so i can shuffle drives around and make more space on my home work computer to install more games that my friend/roommate and I play on our lan. And because I think long term I also bought a canister of the brick and mortar water sealant so I can respray our chimney sometime this Summer to keep the water seeping into the attic and dripping into the living room because our house sucks.

Oh also six white fast food style plastic serving trays, because the three of us have gotten back into Lego recently, and it's tough for three people to do a lego set simultaneously so this way we can sort pieces by colors and just pass the trays around.

and a duster and some packing tape.

Nooooo, don’t sort by color, sort by type. Eg bricks, plates, tiles, technic, slopes, clippey pieces, minifigs misc. Clear plastic cocktail cups are also excellent for finer sorting :sun:

The trays are a good idea for sorting though. I’ve been using clear plastic shoe bins, same idea

And completely agree, those 25$ yeti mugs are excellente, they’ll keep your drink warm for hours

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I’ve had an ember mug for a year and a half now and I use it every day. Love the thing.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

OSU_Matthew posted:

Nooooo, don’t sort by color, sort by type. Eg bricks, plates, tiles, technic, slopes, clippey pieces, minifigs misc. Clear plastic cocktail cups are also excellent for finer sorting :sun:

The trays are a good idea for sorting though. I’ve been using clear plastic shoe bins, same idea

And completely agree, those 25$ yeti mugs are excellente, they’ll keep your drink warm for hours

Well new sets come in bags so partitioned out that it's just easy to brush stuff quickly into colors, but yeah when I got the Tantive IV used and sifted all the pieces at once I did it solo and had enough space to divide up by type and color. We've had a dark green towel on the coffee table so I figured white trays would be easier for sorting everything but white pieces. What this will really help with is when we buy a set with missing pieces, or get instructions on how to alter existing sets, and have to sift through the six pounds of spare lego I got. A fun but rather expensive hobby.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

davebo posted:

What this will really help with is when we buy a set with missing pieces,

I just realized that in 34 years I have never once been missing a single piece from a set. Does this really happen? Lego must have the most absurdly good QC

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just realized that in 34 years I have never once been missing a single piece from a set. Does this really happen? Lego must have the most absurdly good QC

Legendarily good, iirc. Like on the level of Molson Coors or something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I had a 1x1 black peg missing from that giant evil castle from the 90s but that's easy to replace from my collection.

Had a strangely large amount of excess pieces, though.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I had three pieces missing from the Lego Doctor Who set and they posted out replacements next business day, couldn't fault it. That's it, never had a missing piece in any other set. To be honest that set might be cursed anyway, some of the clips have broken after only 3-4 years while my 20-odd year old pirate ships have the same shaped pieces hold together perfectly.

I had the Lego Star Wars advent calendar and I was impressed at the extra bits. It was always the smallest, easiest to lose bits they gave spares of which was a lovely touch.

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer

ekuNNN posted:

Hello friends, tis the season to do good and give back! :sun:

Did you know there's a Goonfund run by our very own Plinkey that helps out goons that are in trouble and need some help paying rent, medical bills, food or other important expenses?
You can find it here if you need help yourself or feel like contributing to the fund: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3903318

Happy holidays! :glomp:

Smart move to post this in the "disposable income" thread. I've been meaning to start sponsoring a few people on patreon, and this is a worthy cause.

Bought some beer from a local brewery and joined the Gelrups gang.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It sure does when you buy used ones! But no I've never had a piece missing from a new in box set.

Used sets can be great if you save a ton of money, and single-bagging the build definitely extends the time it takes which can be nice. I got into the trains recently so got a used one off eBay where I knew I wouldn't care if it wasn't 100%, and for some reason one of the minifigs had it's chest caved in like someone had shot it with a BB gun, but it got me all the pieces I wanted so I was happy. And if you are missing pieces, bricklink.com is your friend.

davebo has a new favorite as of 15:54 on Dec 31, 2020

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
The only thing preventing me from getting a ember is its not dishwasher safe and I refuse to bring that kind of negative energy into my house.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
Haven't had a fountain pen for a while, so I picked up one of these cheapie resin-body guys right before Christmas:

And, uh, oops, I forgot about pen fever.

It now has an aluminum-bodied German friend arriving this weekend.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
lol

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Molten Llama posted:

Haven't had a fountain pen for a while, so I picked up one of these cheapie resin-body guys right before Christmas:

And, uh, oops, I forgot about pen fever.

It now has an aluminum-bodied German friend arriving this weekend.

In school I used to have one of those Lamy pens and the best part was if you pushed it over just right, the sprung clip would cause the pen to flip over 180 degrees. I pray for your sake it still works that way.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
In 2008 I got to keep and play around with a Dell XPS M1730 for a few weeks, and I've had nostalgia for it ever since. Did a random search in the classifieds now just after Christmas, and found one for $150. It's a relic, but I will treat it to the usual CPU, RAM, SSD and cooling paste upgrades so that I can relive my early days in the tech business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I use a Kaweco and it doesn't do any fun tricks :mad: