Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

when Excalibur said that the back of his neck looked like a pack of hotdogs I was dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I love that Serpentico tried to toss Luther instead and got countered and tossed anyway

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’d really like to see Tay Conti vs Leyla Hirsch at some point, which is not a sentence I would’ve expected to ever synthesize at the beginning of the year.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Brodie Lee graphic up front. No commentary so far.

1) Vary Morales v Rey Fenix. I like Vary's look, let's see if he has anything. Tracksuit Penta is awesome. Throws forward to upcoming matches are going to be painful. This match is lightning from the start. There was a saucy corner kick from Morales, he's pretty good. The match wasn't as good as the Limelight Fenix match last week but it was a perfectly respectable opener. Every mention of "tomorrow night" broke my heart.

2) Lindsay Snow vs Penelope Ford. Snow has so much of the character work etc nailed down. I like that Taz thinks that Penelope and Kip are waiting for marriage. Match wasn't really long enough to be anything. I'd like to see Snow against someone who will take her the distance.

3) The Captain Shawn Dean and Tyson Maddux versus Reynolds and Silver. Oh god, it hurts to see Brodie's boys. Alex has a jacket! Maddux is a big lad. But kind of slow. John is freakin jacked, give me Silver in hoss offs always. Shawn Dean is exceptionally good, I have to believe they're setting him up for a main roster spot. Fun match.

4) Anna Jay vs Jazmin Allure. Jazmin is athletic but very new. Anna is out with Tay, and I love that team. Anna's got some really neat innovative offense now. I like Jazmin's strikes. A bit of a scruffy match, but enjoyable.

I'm not interested in Scorpio's podcast.

The Waiting Room. Let's... not talk about Dynamite tomorrow night, Britt. Wow, laid down some fire about the world title match. Matt Sydal is a great wrestler who... isn't at all good on the mic. Reba is such a loving dork, I love her. Matt, don't just read through your notes. poo poo, that's what it is: Matt Sydal sounds like George McFly.

5) Ryzin, Nick Comoroto, and James Tapia vs Team Taz. Team Taz are powerful as gently caress together. I love Hobbs' singlet. God, I could watch Starks wrestle forever. Hook's got a pretty good clothesline. Some really good fun six man shenanigans here.

6) Griff Garrison vs Fuego Del Sol. Peter Avalon blows glass apparently. Peter, stop getting horny for Griff Garrison. Super fun athletic start. You can tell these guys are friends. Fuego NEARLY lands the Tornado DDT. This was fun.

7) Terence and Terrell Hughes vs Santana and Ortiz. I urgently need Proud and Powerful to be given a serious hot run on top, they're so good. Nice hard hitting match. I'm still waiting for a breakout moment from the Hughes boys.

8) Sammy Guevara vs Aaron Solow. God, this is good. Just smooth as butter singles wrestling from two guys who know each other inside and out. Dropkick to the cross body was just awesome. Corner catapult into a foot stomp! This is a star making performance from Solow.

Hell of an after match promo from Sammy. loving hell, he's good.

9) Ariel Levy y El Cuervo de Puerto Rico vs Chaos Project. Costume game is strong. Levy is pretty good. Needs to lay in his strikes a bit more but he's got potential. Luther hitting people with Serpentico will never get old. This is the best tag team on planet earth. Cuervo's got some skills too.

10) Madi Wrenkowski vs Leva Bates. Madi has poise. Leva is always fun, but is at very best basic in the ring. Mean girl poo poo from Madi was fun. Wrenkowski is very good for someone early in her career, I could see her as Britt Baker's protégé. A Leva match, but Madi has potential.

11) Matt Sydal vs Denny Lamlat. Limelight is exceptional. He's got obvious touches of Rocky Romero, but most importantly he's got serious speed and grace. This is an awesome match.

12) Tay Conti vs Vertvixen. Love the Tay entrance where Anna and Tay come out of different tunnels. Loved Tay ducking the handshake attack. Conti has some absolutely deadly strikes and holds, and everything else is coming together with them. This is a really solid match so far. The baseball slide and turn into a low roundhouse was great. Very good match.

13) Royal Money, Baron Black and Mike Verna vs Large Adult Gunns. Gunn Club are such a house show rear end team. I think Austin is getting better. Apart from on the mic. This was technically a match.

14) SCU vs TH2. Solid match between two underrated teams. Angelico is superb, and Kazarian is probably the best journeyman in the business. This is a fun clash of styles with some really nicely performed spots. Really enjoyed some of the near falls

Liked the Acclaimed run in.

They did their best putting this together and removing the throws forward. It was a nice refuge from sadness for a while.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Frankie K should absolutely get a TNT title run in the next year or two

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Lamuella posted:

Darkthoughts

I want you to know I always appreciate show recaps since either I catch bits of it live or have to watch it a whole day or two later due to how my schedule works out!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks, I always want to livestream but as it come on at midnight my time I have to wait until the next morning.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Limelight and The Captain need to be elevated above jobber tier next year.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

I'm acting under the assumption that you don't give people the hero spots they got if they're not getting bumped up the card pretty soon.

On the other hand, AEW is absolutely stuffed right now. They need their second show.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Limelight tweeted the other day he’s still a free agent, so if he had a per appearance deal, AEW hasn’t re-upped him yet. He obviously has it in the ring, but like a lot of the Dark crew, he’s really just missing something with his presentation to break through for me.

That said, give me Shawn Dean with Orange and Chuck while Trent is out and then keep him there when Trent is back.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The thing Limelight is missing is wins.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

poo poo, that's what it is: Matt Sydal sounds like George McFly.

Dammit, you are completely right and I will never be able to unhear this.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I like Anna Jay but I think I'm feeling less and less impressed with her the more I see her? She's definitely not bad for someone who is so green but a lot of her stuff is really stiff (rigid not hard hitting) and I feel like she works the camera way too often as she transitions between things and it really breaks up the flow. Also they just have her work the shortest matches ever. Hopefully she continues to improve though! Tay on the other hand has looked more and more impressive I think, though I really think she should ditch that finish

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wezlar posted:

I like Anna Jay but I think I'm feeling less and less impressed with her the more I see her? She's definitely not bad for someone who is so green but a lot of her stuff is really stiff (rigid not hard hitting) and I feel like she works the camera way too often as she transitions between things and it really breaks up the flow. Also they just have her work the shortest matches ever. Hopefully she continues to improve though! Tay on the other hand has looked more and more impressive I think, though I really think she should ditch that finish

Reps are reps. I think a lot of her progression is probably mostly happening in Dustin’s class before tapings.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Yeah given that she's had, what, 60-90 minutes of matches in her entire career up to this point at absolute most, she's an absolute phenom. Personally, I think her striking is great and she's plenty fluid in the ring, she's just missing that little bit of flow between moves and moments that you can't really teach. This time next year, when her career will have literally more than doubled, I think she'll be about as complete a package as can be as a performer.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I like Leva Bate's Young Bucks tribute match (won with a superkick and completely missed by commentary) but drat she still can't move around the ring. Reps won't help that lady at all.

Also the iWatch.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

tao of lmao posted:

yeah, i've loved watching The Captain gel as a performer over the last year and I'm ready to see him take some big W's

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

smarxist posted:

yeah, i've loved watching The Captain gel as a performer over the last year and I'm ready to see him take some big W's

That DDT with the salute gets me every time.

Whoever said they need to sub him in for Trent in Best Friends for the time being is right on.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jonny Nox posted:

I like Leva Bate's Young Bucks tribute match (won with a superkick and completely missed by commentary) but drat she still can't move around the ring. Reps won't help that lady at all.

Also the iWatch.

Wouldn't be surprised if this Leva push is just a general Thank You for all the backstage work she does. She'll collect a few more wins, then she'll be destroyed by the next heel challenger to Shida (maybe Britt) and it'll be back to just backstage stuff.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

ozymandius1024 posted:

That DDT with the salute gets me every time.

Whoever said they need to sub him in for Trent in Best Friends for the time being is right on.

The salute DDT is just so loving crisp, it's such a textbook signature wrester move in the absolute best way possible. I would love to see what he could do subbing (:chast2b:) substituting for Trent.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rantmo posted:

The salute DDT is just so loving crisp, it's such a textbook signature wrester move in the absolute best way possible. I would love to see what he could do subbing (:chast2b:) substituting for Trent.

Orange is probably getting that spot since he and Chuck are already a fun team, but I'd love to see the Captain hanging out more with them. I wonder what kind of weirdo he is.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

Orange is probably getting that spot since he and Chuck are already a fun team, but I'd love to see the Captain hanging out more with them. I wonder what kind of weirdo he is.

Well he's from Chicago and we're all loving weirdos so it just a question of his particular type of weirdo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

rantmo posted:

Well he's from Chicago and we're all loving weirdos so it just a question of his particular type of weirdo.

He's part of the Best Friends Expanded Universe, so it's just a question of his particular type of weirdo.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rantmo posted:

karmicknight posted:

He's part of the Best Friends Expanded Universe, so it's just a question of his particular type of weirdo.

:what:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1346599000846331906

Also tonight is episode #69 of Dark

Pylons fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 6, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
69 and they'll go on all night if you know what i mean

what i mean is that it's sixteen matches, we are not seeing our families again.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm excited to 69 with friends

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

hello fellow 69ers

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.strawpoll.me/42395185

who takes it tonight? Fuego or Limelight??

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW Dark (do not be weird about the number)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I'm going to.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

nice

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Did they lose the rights to the jurassic express theme??

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.strawpoll.me/42395185

who takes it tonight? Fuego or Limelight??

Limelight, Fuego won't hit the Tornado DDT until he defeats QT.

Also, 16 matches scheduled? Yup, another 2-hour-plus episode coming our way

TARZAN BOY!!!!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Nick Comoroto wearing the "I can only think about the worst act at the Ren Faire" straightjacket.

This Jungle Boy theme loving slaps.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TARZAN BOY IS ALREADY PAYING OFF

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

thank you for giving me the gift of taz singing baltimora

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh my god

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

oh my god taz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

EVERYBODY SHUT UP JUNGLE BOY HAS TARZAN BOY!