Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mass Effect I can kinda understand, because there is a new next-gen Mass Effect in development being made to disappoint everyone, again. I fully expect the game will suck, because Biowares most financially successful titles to date have been their worst games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If they were honest with themselves they'd just announce a mass effect dating simulator and sell 10 million plus copies

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can somebody shout if they open up the retroarch whitelist thing again

anybody have any fh4 crashes on series x or do i need to make some more headspace for this thing to blow hot air

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Steep is very cool but it weirds me out that skiing feels so much better than snowboarding

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Steep is very cool but it weirds me out that skiing feels so much better than snowboarding

Yea I find the skis way more fun.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The skiing is the best part of the game. Same reason I'm excited for roller champions, that granular mechanical feel can't be beat.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Akuma posted:

It's Sony that's the blocker here on PS4. I do a lot of PC to console ports and the majority of the time modding doesn't come to consoles purely because of Sony's stance, and Xbox isn't seen as a big enough audience to make it worthwhile for that platform alone.

Actually I guess in that sense it's good that Bethesda put the time and effort in to do it on Xbox when it's not allowed on PS4 so yeah

gently caress :(

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I really enjoy steep and I hope riders republic is good. Seems like there is a lot of potential for a giant extreme sport open world thing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Nothing will ever feel as good as the original ps2 SSX's snowboarding.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Nothing will ever feel as good as the original ps2 SSX's snowboarding.

I just played some SSX and it’s fun, but it made me miss Tricky. Tricky was on Xbox too, so get on that poo poo MS.

Edit: oh poo poo they have ssx3 on the store for $10 and it’s one x enhanced. I think that’s that one I actually played the most. Hell yea.

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 29, 2020

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Akuma posted:

It's Sony that's the blocker here on PS4. I do a lot of PC to console ports and the majority of the time modding doesn't come to consoles purely because of Sony's stance, and Xbox isn't seen as a big enough audience to make it worthwhile for that platform alone.

Actually I guess in that sense it's good that Bethesda put the time and effort in to do it on Xbox when it's not allowed on PS4 so yeah

Not surprised. I think that whole PSN hack from 2011 put some extraordinary fear into them and they want to minimize the control people have over software, mostly to minimize the potential that some weird exploit gets overlooked.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Having played both SSX and SSX 3 today it’s shocking how bad they hosed up SSX. God drat

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The "new" SSX had all the ingredients to be good but it just kinda sucks. The UI is bad, it has a godawful gear system with randomized purchase opportunities (with the expectation that you either grind for ages or buy points for cash and hope you get good RNG that offers you a good item) and too much focus on gimmicky track-specific gadgets.

Just stick with SSX3 - which isn't on EA Play, lol.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Different strokes and all but honestly the only complaint I can really point out with the last SSX is that it wasn't 60fps which is a shame since it was stupidly fast when you had the right gear and chained the speed boosts, it was literally like Burnout on a snowboard. No idea why it was never ported to PC but it would have been glorious.

On the topic of EA, some people were talking Bad Company 2 in another thread and it's made me incredibly nostalgic for the game because it absolutely owned. It seems the PC still has a dedicated player base but how about Xbox? Do people still play it? I'd only be buying it for the online play.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SUNKOS posted:

On the topic of EA, some people were talking Bad Company 2 in another thread and it's made me incredibly nostalgic for the game because it absolutely owned. It seems the PC still has a dedicated player base but how about Xbox? Do people still play it? I'd only be buying it for the online play.

It’s available on games pass, maybe worth buying a month to try it out? I have a vague memory of it being a games with gold game way back, and I think I tried online back then to no avail. I’d guess there won’t be anyone around thats still playing a game that old unfortunately.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
How do you download the free 10 hour trials of new EA games? I can find them in the mobile Game Pass app but it says they can’t be remotely installed. I can’t find them in the Game Pass app on my XSX at all.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Kevyn posted:

How do you download the free 10 hour trials of new EA games? I can find them in the mobile Game Pass app but it says they can’t be remotely installed. I can’t find them in the Game Pass app on my XSX at all.

There’s a separate EA Play app available on the Xbox, they’re probably in there

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SUNKOS posted:

you can find reasonably populated matches in us prime.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I don't know who needs to hear this, but sea of thieves is now at a point you don't need to go in reddit to figure out what the gently caress. They added a cinematic tutorial and cleaned up some UI issues and the game is actually really fun now. It's really hard finding a game that I like that isn't just shooting for most of it and just figuring out how to sail and not run aground the last couple days has been a blast. There's a holiday thingy going on with lucrative quests for the next day or so if you're trying to jump in. Easy way to level up your affinity to factions for more lucrative quests.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

bushisms.txt posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but sea of thieves is now at a point you don't need to go in reddit to figure out what the gently caress. They added a cinematic tutorial and cleaned up some UI issues and the game is actually really fun now. It's really hard finding a game that I like that isn't just shooting for most of it and just figuring out how to sail and not run aground the last couple days has been a blast. There's a holiday thingy going on with lucrative quests for the next day or so if you're trying to jump in. Easy way to level up your affinity to factions for more lucrative quests.

Would you recommend it for a single player or is this really mostly a multiplayer thing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

Would you recommend it for a single player or is this really mostly a multiplayer thing.

Unless there's a new smaller boat you'll probably want a partner at least.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

You can play single player on the smallest ship but I highly recommend having at least one other person in your crew.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

you can find reasonably populated matches in us prime.

I’ll give this a go then. Loved bad company.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

I have been playing single player, which is really lovely, but got griefed today. Wasn't too bad, taught me how superfluous the loot is, but it sucked. They do have an anti griefing system to move your boat, but, I'm not sure how it works yet. I did learn some evasion tactics and should've just picked up early but wanted to fight because it was the last island on my quest and got out numbered. The smaller sloop is faster than the big ships so you can fight them off if you're good. All about that chain shot. I'm playing the game whenever i can, so if you need a first mate just holler.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I wish there was a split screen option for sea of thieves.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Happy Hedonist posted:

I wish there was a split screen option for sea of thieves.

Same here. I'm really into SOT. Me and my wife played all the time and hit Pirate legend before they made it easier lol. I bought a second xbox just to play with her. Realistically I don't think even a series X could run split screen on this game.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Am I gonna be missing out if I’m on a 1080p 60hz display with a XBSX?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shaocaholica posted:

It doesnt matter. Upgrade in 2 years when they make a next gen game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shaocaholica posted:

See my posts on the previous page but no, you're good.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Shaocaholica posted:

Not if you've been fine with being on a 1080 display so far.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Quoting myself from the steam thread cause no answers yet.

Rolo posted:

Hey I need some help remembering something about older games.

Me and a friend bought Metal Slug 3 because we played a ton in college on the Xbox 360 store version (mid-late 2000s.) We loved arcade mode on that but can’t remember the default amount of credits, whether it was 3 or 5. We’re trying to replicate the exact same experience because it was the perfect amount of challenging.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ask in the retro games thread but I believe it was 3

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837622&pagenumber=838&perpage=40

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Thanks!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Nah. Honestly the current VRR sets are a bit of a shitshow right now, best to wait for fixed models.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So uh, retroarch on the Series is nice, especially for me with only a PC that struggles with Doom. It switches between modes in less than a minute or two, its ridiculous.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jan 1, 2021

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

bushisms.txt posted:

I have been playing single player, which is really lovely, but got griefed today. Wasn't too bad, taught me how superfluous the loot is, but it sucked. They do have an anti griefing system to move your boat, but, I'm not sure how it works yet. I did learn some evasion tactics and should've just picked up early but wanted to fight because it was the last island on my quest and got out numbered. The smaller sloop is faster than the big ships so you can fight them off if you're good. All about that chain shot. I'm playing the game whenever i can, so if you need a first mate just holler.

The Discord is a good place to be: https://discord.gg/Meb9paFq

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I finally bought Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War for my series X to play with my brother and first off the ray traced shadows look great but the best part is how short the loading screens are. Multiplayer maps take like 3 to 5 seconds to load, you mostly wait for everyone else to load in. The biggest problem with BOCW is that its 146 gigs, which is stupidly large. I hope that upcoming next gen games don't take up quite so much space so I can avoid buying the 1 TB SSD expansion drive as long as possible.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Does RT have any advantages in PvP? Like seeing people before they cross a corner or through a reflection? Physically correct scope glints?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Probably nothing that an increase in frame rate by turning off RT wouldn't counter.