Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also a larger network of fee-free ATMs.

I mean....USAA refunds all my ATM fees anyways, so what's the difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ded posted:

For some reason the people of Kentucky love getting hosed nonstop by mitch. dude must be seriously hung.

why do you think it's called KY jelly

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CommieGIR posted:

I mean....USAA refunds all my ATM fees anyways, so what's the difference?

:shrug:

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please don't get sucked in again

gently caress off with this doomer poo poo.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

ded posted:

For some reason the people of Kentucky love getting hosed nonstop by mitch. dude must be seriously hung.

There's a reason why they named the jelly after it.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Edit: drat, too slow.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Mitch going "gently caress you got mine" and Trump suddenly reverting to being a Democrat in the eleventh hour is straight out of Bizarro world.

It's a shame Mitch just got re-elected because watching Trump wreck his poo poo would have been glorious.

I know I’m loving the crap out of it. Every waking minute Mitch has to wonder if Trump may finally lose it, and just tell people to visit Mitch at his house, or if he’s lucky just continually dick punch him on Twitter. :kiss:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

please don't get sucked in again

lol i'm canadian my dude, bernie is advocating for what my government has been doing for months now.

i just like seeing a voice of reason in your crazy land.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Object class: Euclid

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Chuds getting mad about poor people not dying.

This response though, uh... maybe not helping things.
https://twitter.com/TacHousing/status/1344385615274467328

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Apparently some awesome dude smacked a racist piece of poo poo trash person with a Twisted Tea can, and now it's a meme.

https://www.newsweek.com/twisted-tea-video-1-million-times-memes-1557664

The video is glorious.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The nazi screed writers are getting worse and worse. Jesus the redundancies

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hard to take Ossof as seriously about concerns over the plight of the commoners when he pretty enthusiastically slammed the door on medicare for all.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Midjack posted:

No he wasn’t. He was born in Texas and visited Israel when he was 16. You’ve been taken in by his ridiculous claims of being a Mossad spy in college. Israel granted him citizenship in 1995.

CNN made it sound like he was "returning home".

On Sheldon Adelsons' plane, with Bibi waiting for him at the bottom of the steps, no less.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/30/middleeast/jonathan-pollard-israel-arrival-intl/index.html

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Apparently some awesome dude smacked a racist piece of poo poo trash person with a Twisted Tea can, and now it's a meme.

The video is glorious.

It was a hell of a hit

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

That Works posted:

Hard to take Ossof as seriously about concerns over the plight of the commoners when he pretty enthusiastically slammed the door on medicare for all.

Source? All I know about Ossof is that he failed to get the house seats in 18 and this campaign now.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The video is glorious.

I wondered why people kept putting tea cans in King of the Hill memes.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The video is glorious.

This was right down the street from where I used to live in good ole Elyria Ohio. The space where Ohio's urban core meet methed out white kids whose parents were too poor to flee when manufacturing left the state.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Leavemywife posted:

Do you mind if I ask why? I've heard about people needing to wait for physical checks, but never really looked into why.

My only taxable income in 2019 was the Special Survivor Indemnity Allowance I get because my SBP benefits are offset by my DIC benefits. I filed a tax return anyway because that's what I do in mid-January so I ended up with a result of $0 owed/$0 due so the IRS didn't want my direct deposit information.

When it came time to give my direct deposit to the IRS for my first stimulus check, my $0 owed/$0 due circumstances confused the living poo poo out of the system. By the time they got it fixed they had already mailed me a check and wouldn't let me give them my direct deposit information.

Now they're shoving payments out as fast as possible and their portal for stimulus round II isn't working yet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Nystral posted:

Source? All I know about Ossof is that he failed to get the house seats in 18 and this campaign now.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politi...PJN5PD3XJUJBQA/

"Ossoff and Sanders differ on key policy debates – notably, the Georgian opposes the Green New Deal climate change plan and the Medicare for All healthcare proposal that Sanders championed."

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hekk posted:

This was right down the street from where I used to live in good ole Elyria Ohio. The space where Ohio's urban core meet methed out white kids whose parents were too poor to flee when manufacturing left the state.

Not Elyria's first 2020 racism rodeo. Over the summer some idiot's restaurant ended up getting protested for a "black lives don't matter" sign that hastily got "...all lives matter" added to it. https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/l...%20last%20week.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

McNally posted:

My only taxable income in 2019 was the Special Survivor Indemnity Allowance I get because my SBP benefits are offset by my DIC benefits. I filed a tax return anyway because that's what I do in mid-January so I ended up with a result of $0 owed/$0 due so the IRS didn't want my direct deposit information.

When it came time to give my direct deposit to the IRS for my first stimulus check, my $0 owed/$0 due circumstances confused the living poo poo out of the system. By the time they got it fixed they had already mailed me a check and wouldn't let me give them my direct deposit information.

Now they're shoving payments out as fast as possible and their portal for stimulus round II isn't working yet.

Oh, so typical government efficiency.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Lake of Methane posted:

So you use this second-round payment to cover the deferred social security withholding, right?

I know this is from a couple pages back, but:

DFAS posted:

The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 was passed and extended the period for collecting deferred 2020 Social Security taxes. The period for collection is now January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 (instead of January 1, 2021 to April 30, 2021).

People now have the whole year to pay back the loan they were forced to take out instead of just three months. From the top of https://www.dfas.mil/taxes/Social-Security-Deferral/, overriding everything below it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also I love that Trump just keeps turbofucking Mitch.

Mitch is one of the few people in this country that's getting the opposite of turbofucked. Bernie can score all the zingers he wants, and while I love to see it, Mitch has loving won this round.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
What does McConnell actually get out of obstructing something that everybody but him seems to agree is needed?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lemniscate Blue posted:

What does McConnell actually get out of obstructing something that everybody but him seems to agree is needed?

The cruelty is the point.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

He reminds everyone where the real power lies.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

another sip out of the chalice

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you can make sure that everyone's broke you can still force people to work for minimum wage and be grateful for it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

He always brought in a shitload of earmarked funding to KY when that was still a thing.

He still is as majority leader despite earmarks no longer being a thing. For example, one of the big compromise bills that passed cutting a bunch of stuff during the Obama years had a ton of money for an Ohio river locks system randomly and mysteriously added immediately before the final voting.

If you want to play conspiracy angles McConnell might actually be “owned” by China. Except, the good capitalist China so nobody cares, unleash Chiang, etc

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 31, 2020

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The video is glorious.

Just gonna keep watching this.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's not everybody but him. At all. It's drat near the entire Republican Senate caucus too.

Republicans had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the $600/unemployment and had to get bribed with the business funding and business-related tax breaks. Why would they be for $2K with nothing for "their" people and/or what they wanted?

It's likely true that a straight $2K vote might get 60 votes. But they always want a "majority of the majority", not a bill that passes because only 15 Republicans wanted to go along with it. Mitch is just willing to take the arrows, while also being a ghoul, so he can keep the power. He's the head ghoul of a caucus of ghouls, he's not the only ghoul.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

Mitch is one of the few people in this country that's getting the opposite of turbofucked. Bernie can score all the zingers he wants, and while I love to see it, Mitch has loving won this round.

I’m pretty sure the stress from Trump is taking off a few years off his life and I refuse to think he can just ignore those tweets and not get aggravated internally.

Oh regarding the Twisted Tea stuff, the Arnold Schwarzenposting group on Facebook has some absolute god tier memes from this.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Watching that dude get concussed with (to steal the phrase from Gas Station Encounters) a female alcoholic beverage has been the highlight of my 2020.

More than having TRADOC Twitter like my comment that all officers deserve to be bullied.

E- Almost everything I drink falls into the same category.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

CNN made it sound like he was "returning home".

On Sheldon Adelsons' plane, with Bibi waiting for him at the bottom of the steps, no less.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/30/middleeast/jonathan-pollard-israel-arrival-intl/index.html

Pollard didn't start fronting the "we're just a patriotic Jewish family" poo poo until he got busted. He was a loving twit who wanted everyone to think he was James Bond and to get paid; he was shopping his poo poo all over the place, including to well-known allies of Israel such as Pakistan and Iran, so his claims of special kinship with Israel have always rung hollow to anyone who was paying attention. But it seems to have worked pretty well since the government of Israel granted him citizenship and had been pestering the US to let him go to "his home" since the mid 90s, and then when you get the Prime Minister to meet your airplane with your new ID cards you must have done something right.

But yeah, he should have died in jail.

The video is glorious.

This, on the other hand, is a feel-good story for the end of 2020.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

people keep saying it was assault but the white guy definitely gave permission

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

Just gonna keep watching this.

https://twitter.com/FPSpr33zy/status/1343644571121704962

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nystral posted:

He's kinda a Milquetoast kinda dude as far as Democrats go. His 18 campaign was basically a stock standard "reasonable republicandemocrat" position. Which got him paddled by Karen Handle.

He would not have had a snowballs chance in hell of winning had Covid never happened, because Perdue's not hated enough to suppress his own turn out, he's not charismatic or inspirational enough to get people out to vote for him who might have otherwise stayed home, and Trump isn't near hated enough down here.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Patware posted:

people keep saying it was assault but the white guy definitely gave permission

If cameras weren't on the white guy might not have been allowed to wake up from that, and I'm not sure if anyone would have minded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1344443554546868226?s=21

We’re going to hit 4,000 a day soon.

I can’t wait to get two doses of that vaccine.