Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
I've reached a point of resolution serenity where I never get excited or annoyed about any resolutions passing or failing, because I know that it will have no effect on me whatsoever.

If I do my work competently and make my case for it if it ever needs resources, I can still work on whatever projects I'm personally in favor of. It took me a while to reach this point, but I eventually learned that even in a democratic organization, individual initiative counts for a loving shitton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish posted:

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you guys closed the mod feedback thread, and you never answered my PM, so for the record could the epic cspam mods, in your own words, explain what this 'lol' implied. if you want to say i got 7 days for posting while being a dreaded imp zone guy that's fine but i am not in fact very happy that my rap sheet now implies that i have some grudge against trans people in PSL.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I would also like to understand why larry is consistently punished for bullshit. a lot of his punishments that are longer, like the last one and the one where he was banned for a year for basically disagreeing with people that I and other posters on the site are nazis, basically appear to me to be him being punished either for wrong think or cause the mods just hate him personally. like if he is punished for longer for when he says im going to beat up another poster i think thats dumb but understand the reasoning. when he says "lol" or "i dont think these people are nazis" and it gets him banned for a year i do not understand that.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

If the mod feedback thread is closed and you did not get an answer on your PMs, I would post something in QCS. If you don't want to do that, I can try to get a hold of C-SPAM mods and get them in touch with you if you'd like. I mod SH/SC and it's fairly laid back and very different than C-SPAM or the FYAD-lites, so I don't really have any special insight.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Internet Explorer posted:

If the mod feedback thread is closed and you did not get an answer on your PMs, I would post something in QCS. If you don't want to do that, I can try to get a hold of C-SPAM mods and get them in touch with you if you'd like. I mod SH/SC and it's fairly laid back and very different than C-SPAM or the FYAD-lites, so I don't really have any special insight.

somebody else already made a QCS thread about my probation, while I was probated. it got closed with 'try asking in the cspam mod feedback thread', and they did, and never got responded to. so maybe I should make another one in QCS, I guess. its kind of funny that my pm never got responded to, though. like that's the thing every mod says to do and yet the one time I try it, nothing lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

I would also like to understand why larry is consistently punished for bullshit. a lot of his punishments that are longer, like the last one and the one where he was banned for a year for basically disagreeing with people that I and other posters on the site are nazis, basically appear to me to be him being punished either for wrong think or cause the mods just hate him personally. like if he is punished for longer for when he says im going to beat up another poster i think thats dumb but understand the reasoning. when he says "lol" or "i dont think these people are nazis" and it gets him banned for a year i do not understand that.

i got a longer probation than people who posted about how they fantasize about killing their coworkers and poo poo, for implying that i would beat somebody up. another anonymous poster who im pretty sure isnt even american

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/linencoat/status/1344446180894375937
Sums up everything with this dumb discourse that podcasters and comedians trying to get DSA to do something dumb

Not from this person, this comrade is actually cool

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/linencoat/status/1344446180894375937
Sums up everything with this dumb discourse that podcasters and comedians trying to get DSA to do something dumb

Not from this person, this comrade is actually cool

finalyl understanding that making lists of demands is my passion is what radicalized me from hostage taker to leftist

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
https://twitter.com/ARPWEL/status/1344694032186953730?s=19

Face turn 2020

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It would be cool if I never had to see or think about this cringing spawn of a war profiteer again but the apology is a nice gesture. Hopefully it isn't an empty one. I wouldn't stake money on it, though.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He seems to have wised up a bit since 2018 so hopefully he's being sincere

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

What did Connor even do wrong other than go after dirtbag left people?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't remember exact details but his father is known to sit on the board of a company whose involvement in the Iraq war (and thus, making Connor a beneficiary), which threw his motivations and sincerity into question. He also very cynically abused notions of disability access to gently caress up the projects of others and spent most of his time being a Good Lefty Activist by making buttons from his very, very expensive apartment. Any time he got called out for it, he'd fall back on his autism as a "you can't get mad at me" defense.

He seems to have grown up a bit recently and if his apology is sincere hopefully he can move forward and do some actual good.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

the only thing I remember was accessibility concerns around a meeting site for an m4a canvass or something, and reactions to that. also his family is bad right?

edit: there we go, see above

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Heath posted:

I don't remember exact details but his father is known to sit on the board of a company whose involvement in the Iraq war (and thus, making Connor a beneficiary), which threw his motivations and sincerity into question. He also very cynically abused notions of disability access to gently caress up the projects of others and spent most of his time being a Good Lefty Activist by making buttons from his very, very expensive apartment. Any time he got called out for it, he'd fall back on his autism as a "you can't get mad at me" defense.

He seems to have grown up a bit recently and if his apology is sincere hopefully he can move forward and do some actual good.
I mean I'm just looking the responses to it being mostly stupidpol dipshits which annoy me more. Having done stuff with Connor in Build I think he genuinely wanted DSA to be more accessible, but then again that was ages ago and he burnt out of caucus stuff (granted big problem was not just being honest with Build being a caucus) and just wanted to do stuff in MetroDC.

Yeah the thing was a M4A canvass that was in a non-wheelchair accessible place in Metro NYC; people were just extra insane about it because Amber Frost was organizing it

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean I'm just looking the responses to it being mostly stupidpol dipshits which annoy me more. Having done stuff with Connor in Build I think he genuinely wanted DSA to be more accessible, but then again that was ages ago and he burnt out of caucus stuff (granted big problem was not just being honest with Build being a caucus) and just wanted to do stuff in MetroDC.

Yeah the thing was a M4A canvass that was in a non-wheelchair accessible place in Metro NYC; people were just extra insane about it because Amber Frost was organizing it

I mean, Conor pretty explicitly and openly said that if only Amber had apologized it wouldn't have been an issue, making it very clear that it wasn't really about the accessibility stuff. Derailing a massive national initiative over petty drama is bad, and I think you have it backwards in terms of who went after whom for petty reasons.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

have there been initiatives to put up dsa candidates up in preparation for 2022 or is that mostly up to locals? 2020 seemed pretty good in terms of electing DSA candidates

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Heath posted:

The Carlyle Group was the exact name of the company, and he lives in Georgetown which is a very very very wealthy part of DC.

Obviously you can think of whatever of his wealth but he went out of his way to hide who his parents are.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

The son of an Iraq war profiteer living off his parents wealth deliberately destroyed an M4A canvass effort in order to try and extract an apology from a woman he was mad at. Hopefully he's being sincere with this apology?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

The son of an Iraq war profiteer living off his parents wealth deliberately destroyed an M4A canvass effort in order to try and extract an apology from a woman he was mad at. Hopefully he's being sincere with this apology?
Oh my god he destroyed DSA M4A which totally didn't just keep humming after this and then at Convention gave a report about how they canvassed X amount of people which means it was successful. I don't even know what the point of the M4A working group is because it seems in retrospect it was just training people to get ready for the Bernie Campaign/IE. That and it came mostly from Philly DSA which is probably one of the most toxic hellspawns in our org.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh my god he destroyed DSA M4A which totally didn't just keep humming after this and then at Convention gave a report about how they canvassed X amount of people which means it was successful. I don't even know what the point of the M4A working group is because it seems in retrospect it was just training people to get ready for the Bernie Campaign/IE. That and it came mostly from Philly DSA which is probably one of the most toxic hellspawns in our org.

Big talk for a homophobic anti-semite.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dmitri-9 posted:

Okay I'll bite because I know I've said some lovely stuff in the past and will own up to it since I know I've tried to make strides being a better person

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

Good point, it's totally cool that he did because M4A efforts still exist(?) and you don't know what it was trying to do anyway(??) and also it was based out of an org you don't like in a different state to the one we're talking about(???)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dmitri-9 posted:

I assumed this was an ironic post but oh noooo

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

"He only wrecked one canvasser training for petty personal reasons, not all of them" isn't the defense you think it is.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

achillesforever6 posted:

Okay I'll bite because I know I've said some lovely stuff in the past and will own up to it since I know I've tried to make strides being a better person

Too late now to apologize for your coterie of jew-haters. Boy I hope this disingenuous attempt to stir up drama didn't distract anyone.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

I assumed this was an ironic post but oh noooo
Like I'm just assuming this was a reference to when I first joined this site and was still very much in my libertarian South Park phase.

Dmitri-9 posted:

Too late now to apologize for your coterie of jew-haters. Boy I hope this disingenuous attempt to stir up drama didn't distract anyone.
Is this about the article about the shadow cabal in Pittsburgh DSA that was "wrecking" the chapter? Because it's really rich how that article made it look like we were this sinister group who discussed pushing or purging people at these parties when said parties were A) birthday party for a comrade and B) a Hanukah party hosted at said comrade's place.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
aw man, no one ever gets purged at my birthday parties

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

christmas boots posted:

aw man, no one ever gets purged at my birthday parties
I won't regret writing Henry Kissinger's name on a piece of paper and burning it in a firepit (that's the thing that stupid article tried insinuating was about about planning purges)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Arpwel is just the poster child for post 2016 fake leftists, really. Wealthy or at least comfortable, very few to no external problems in life, saying the right things with none of the right actions thus revealing a lack of right thought, etc.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

Arpwel is just the poster child for post 2016 fake leftists, really. Wealthy or at least comfortable, very few to no external problems in life, saying the right things with none of the right actions thus revealing a lack of right thought, etc.

Also dubious claims to the idpol group he was claiming to represent IIRC

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

achillesforever6 posted:

I won't regret writing Henry Kissinger's name on a piece of paper and burning it in a firepit (that's the thing that stupid article tried insinuating was about about planning purges)

my least favorite DSA member by far

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Who wouldn’t burn Kissinger’s name in a firepit? I will never respect anyone’s supposed right to be Henry Kissinger.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

from what I gather Connor has been doing a lot more actual, offline organizing and lo and behold, his dumb opinions have started to dry up and he’s no longer treating the org as his personal platform for lovely, meaningless online drama

funny how that works!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1345053262848946177
the too online dsa state rep is running for governor.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hell yeah gettem Lee

Also you are all fools, Kissinger is a demon given mortal form, fire only makes him stronger

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

gently caress yeah Lee

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Finally, the synthesis between The Poster's War and Actually Doing Things IRL that I've been waiting for

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

isn’t lee a pretty savvy politician, being way too online aside? like he’s got a ton of legislation put through a gop run legislature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FrancisFukyomama posted:

isn’t lee a pretty savvy politician, being way too online aside? like he’s got a ton of legislation put through a gop run legislature

yeah, he and Roem have done a lot of good despite being varying degrees of hated by both sides of the VA legislature

considering VA is the Mordor of succdems I fully anticipate that the attacks on Lee will be hysterical and insane