Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I got my job by being a white dude raised by a stable family that taught me how to interact in the correct white dude ways

I highly recommend it, 5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Bodyholes posted:

I got a job through experience from my previous jobs... which I wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for the nepotism that got me into those.

every job I've ever got without nepotism has been terrible, underpaid work

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got my last 2 jobs via not nepotism but the first one was because i had a fluke conversation about fishing with the lead on a software team during an interview. the second was because I had years of experience in software development.

All the other jobs I've had were nepotism

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

loopsheloop posted:

fukken... what??

mr peanut is old enough to gently caress again

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

de-age my nut

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im still gonna guillotine that peanut, that hat screans chikd of wealth

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I didn't give a poo poo about sports, but then I started watching Jon Bois videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymSrDfLhW8

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tanners posted:

I got my first job out of school through these very dead forums

I got my first job by running into a dude in a parking lot at the middle of the night who shouted "hey, you're not an rear end in a top hat" and then I started working in comic books. lol

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I didn't give a poo poo about sports, but then I started watching Jon Bois videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymSrDfLhW8

I will watch everything Jon does, regardless of topic. It's not sport as such it's just the way it's presented.

I do not give a poo poo about athletes named Bob but it was still one of the best documentaries I've ever seen (everyone should watch The Bob Emergency)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

VanSandman posted:

It's something to argue about while you pass the time before death. 'Sportsball dumb' goons are extremely weird to me. Like it's a hobby you dipshit, what's not to get?

Sportsball is dumb, though. Sorry you're so self-conscious about your interest. Seems to be a common theme with sportsball watchers, a certain insecurity about following it so religiously.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fame Douglas posted:

Sportsball is dumb, though. Sorry you're so self-conscious about your interest. Seems to be a common theme with sportsball watchers, a certain insecurity about following it so religiously.

This is embarrassing both as a troll and a genuine thought, and I don't even care about these sport balls of which you speak

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Suspicious posted:

all my non-poo poo jobs were obtained through nepotism too. meritocracy is a goddamn lie

the call it networking and wont shut up about it just because they found a euphemism

and as they'll make clear if you're having trouble finding work, sometimes you need to know the right person just to flip burgers let alone something good

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

lol time for a reunion... with alcoholism

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the word is cronyism not nepotism, unless y'alls dads got you these jobs :colbert:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Potato, podildo.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is embarrassing both as a troll and a genuine thought, and I don't even care about these sport balls of which you speak

I'm just noticing a pattern of sportsball watchers being really insecure about people not having the utmost respect for the activity of sitting on a couch. Just enjoy what you're doing, you don't need the respect of internet strangers for your favorite waste of time.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm just noticing a pattern of sportsball watchers being really insecure about people not having the utmost respect for the activity of sitting on a couch. Just enjoy what you're doing, you don't need the respect of internet strangers for your favorite waste of time.

you failed the easiest loving toxx in history

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Top 20 colleges income from sports:

20. Arkansas — $137 million
19. Louisville — $139 million
18. Michigan State — $140 million
17. South Carolina — $140.6 million
16. Tennessee — $143 million
15. Kentucky — $150 million
14. Iowa — $151 million
13. Auburn — $152.5 million
12. Florida State — $152.7 million
11. Wisconsin — $157.6 million
10. LSU — $157.7 million
9. Florida — $159 million
8. Oklahoma — $163 million
7. Alabama — $164 million
6. Penn State — $164 million
5. Georgia — $174 million
4. Michigan — $197 million
3. Ohio State — $210 million
2. Texas A&M — $212 million
1. Texas — $223 million

Amount paid to players:

$0

You'll get no argument from me about the ethics, but that's also a recent development.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fame Douglas posted:

you are the worst poster on these forums and quite possibly the most miserable piece of poo poo alive. i hope your holidays have sucked this year and continue to do so. gently caress you bitch.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

a Loving Dog posted:

you are the worst poster on these forums and quite possibly the most miserable piece of poo poo alive. i hope your holidays have sucked this year and continue to do so. gently caress you bitch.

Nice meltdown

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fame Douglas posted:

Nice meltdown

Lib and let die posted:

you failed the easiest loving toxx in history

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fame Douglas posted:

Nice meltdown

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Covid-19 death rate in Ontario for-profit carehomes versus non-profit carehomes:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nursing-homes-covid-19-death-rates-ontario-1.5846080

cardiacarrest123
Apr 10, 2016
allow me to re-intubate myself

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

the word is cronyism not nepotism, unless y'alls dads got you these jobs :colbert:

Uncles. If you’re going to pedant, do it all the way.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Cold on a Cob posted:

Uncles, if we're being pedantic

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Not all good jobs are distributed through nepotism/cronyism. Some are acquired through a combination of privilege and sheer dumb luck

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So what I'm getting from the thread is that teaching my kids to play golf and enjoy team sports will be a significant influence on future success?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm not into pro sports at all and think a lot of it is real off-putting and the culture is real bad, and I still think calling it "sportsball" is the most 14 year old redditor at an anime convention goddamn phrase ever invented

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shame Boy posted:

I'm not into pro sports at all and think a lot of it is real off-putting and the culture is real bad, and I still think calling it "sportsball" is the most 14 year old redditor at an anime convention goddamn phrase ever invented

Sportsball is for lame people. Not like my dignified videogames/anime/movies

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

:same:

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Shame Boy posted:

*glomps ur sportsball*

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I too hate witnessing the absolute peak of human athletic achievement in world history and don’t understand what people find compelling about it

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Shame Boy posted:

People keep saying "sportsball" because it makes some people hilariously mad (not in this thread, but elsewhere I've seen it cause meltdowns). I'm not saying it's funny though.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Stingwing posted:

People keep saying "sportsball" because it makes some people hilariously mad (not in this thread, but elsewhere I've seen it cause meltdowns). I'm not saying it's funny though.

sportsball, democrat party, etc

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

indigi posted:

I too hate witnessing the absolute peak of human athletic achievement in world history and don’t understand what people find compelling about it

it's american college handegg with oversized padding and brain injuries, dude, not the olympics

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stingwing posted:

Yes it's :troll: :troll: :troll: to own the normies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Leisurely walking around for five hours so the TV stations can show you as many ads as possible: peak human athletic achievement