Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

I played eve for 7 years and I never ran across a single EO person who wasn't absolute garbage trash that probably unironically uses the phrase "This isn't something sensitive" in tyol 2020. I wasn't aware they were back in goonfleet but holy poo poo does it explain a lot.

How hard is it to get into toilet eve and get isk and such? I assume it's less populated and resources are scarcer. I heard someone making a big deal about popping a faction ship which happens like every 15 minutes on regular eve.

If you have 8 million isk you too can put up a public contract and someone might randomly sell you their 8 billion isk blueprint, so you can get started with very little!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Lemming posted:

If you have 8 million isk you too can put up a public contract and someone might randomly sell you their 8 billion isk blueprint, so you can get started with very little!

I just saw that. Holy poo poo :laffo:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Rhymenoserous posted:

How hard is it to get into toilet eve and get isk and such? I assume it's less populated and resources are scarcer. I heard someone making a big deal about popping a faction ship which happens like every 15 minutes on regular eve.

Some numbers that might help give you an idea of what the economy looks like:

1 PLEX costs just under 1 mil right now. 170 PLEX is a month worth of basic omega.

Faction battleships are currently the most expensive destroyable thing in the game (bigger ships and higher tech levels aren't out yet) and are worth 5-10bn. A citadel is around 2.5bn. Our standard T6 cruisers (Vexor Navy Issue) that we use for fleets costs about 50m for the hull.

Semi-AFK nullsec mining with okay skills is around 10-20m/hr. Solo ratting makes more than that. I made 180m a couple weeks back by group ratting with people for two nights (we pool loot, send it to the alliance for selling, and then then distribute earnings as company scrip for tax dodge reasons).

There are a ton of nullsec systems you can go to that will end up with you being the only one in local. I rarely see lowsec systems with more than 10 people in it, but if it's a popular nullsec entry point, it could have anywhere from 20 to 80 people in local.

There are no BPOs and aside from a select few modules whose blueprints drop from scout or inquisitor anoms, modules come from rat drops and are not crafted.

Toilet Eve isn't really that hard to get into, especially if you're familiar with EO, because the game's still not that old and the devs keep trying to rebalance things like drop rates. Our free ship program gets newbies able to generate their own isk fairly quickly -- a Venture III or Vexor Navy Issue is more than enough to start making isk in nullsec.

The hardest part is getting your first 170 PLEX to become an omega clone, and 90% of the reason that's hard is because you can't make or accept contracts as an alpha clone.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Colin Mockery posted:

Some numbers that might help give you an idea of what the economy looks like:

1 PLEX costs just under 1 mil right now. 170 PLEX is a month worth of basic omega.

i grinded out just under 230k plex my first week playing and have yet to log in since, waiting until this is an infinite fortune

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Kaysette posted:

It’s pretty wild that the poo poo we decimated 4chan for doing in EE is exactly what goons are STILL doing in EO.

Its why some people around here are confused about us. They don't get we aren't about that edgy gamer stuff.

Sketchy behaviour is sketchy behaviour and if EO people who use the forum wanna tolerate it, expect us to mock you for it. Its a really bad look these days and its only because you have a fairly insular/closed community that you haven't noticed.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

in more important news they just said sov is coming in 7 days so we'll finally get to do whatever fun stuff that entails

I was worried this was more like end of jan

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

obithrawn posted:

in more important news they just said sov is coming in 7 days so we'll finally get to do whatever fun stuff that entails

I was worried this was more like end of jan

Sov is being rolled out slowly in 3 phases the first iteration with sov doing nothing then slowly adding on modules that you can build for the station that look like a lot of small bonuses that will add up. Nice haves. The good stuff, the main reason for wanting Sov, probably wont be out for 3-4 months.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

pixaal posted:

Sov is being rolled out slowly in 3 phases the first iteration with sov doing nothing then slowly adding on modules that you can build for the station that look like a lot of small bonuses that will add up. Nice haves. The good stuff, the main reason for wanting Sov, probably wont be out for 3-4 months.

I'm mainly looking forward to larger fleet sizes, we'll not be looking at any sort of SOV anytime in the near future as we just don't have the numbers to defend it and no one is interested in the level of work that would be required anyway. Far easier to remain migratory nomadic geese making GBS threads on our enemies through space terrorism.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Kaysette posted:

It’s pretty wild that the poo poo we decimated 4chan for doing in EE is exactly what goons are STILL doing in EO.

Because those aren't goons, those are pubbies

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Skex posted:

I'm mainly looking forward to larger fleet sizes, we'll not be looking at any sort of SOV anytime in the near future as we just don't have the numbers to defend it and no one is interested in the level of work that would be required anyway. Far easier to remain migratory nomadic geese making GBS threads on our enemies through space terrorism.

we have solid friends / allies, if there is something useful with Sov we don't need to own / defend the space ourselves. Nothing at all looks interesting in what will be out next week.

Arawn
Jul 5, 2020

FDGF_UK posted:

TIL: Geese are just as good at eating popcorn in the face of drama as they are at eating bread.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Transphobic remarks about asparagus are fine but don't you loving dare make transphobic remarks about attack helicopters

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Khris Kruel posted:

Transphobic remarks about asparagus are fine but don't you loving dare make transphobic remarks about attack helicopters

Kindly stop importing drama please and thank you.

If you have a complaint please fill out the forms in triplicate and wait 6 months for a reply like everyone else.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i grinded out just under 230k plex my first week playing and have yet to log in since, waiting until this is an infinite fortune

Send me 10bn isk from that plex for being an asshat in this thread. Character is Mamie Stonkz.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Virigoth posted:

Send me 10bn isk from that plex for being an asshat in this thread. Character is Mamie Stonkz.

i have not been an asshat in this thread, i am a saint

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

today on our Sixth Day of Christmas roam:

* first jump into null we crash a camp and get a 4b phantasm
* snipe some ratters incl a 2b max gear harbinger
* work our way deep into trimark territory and eventually get hammer-and-anviled between two 40 ship fleets
* kill four scythes and lose a few ships, most of us get to safes and log out
* play isketch for 30 minutes
* log back in, they’re all gone, get back to syndicate safely
* run into Bathammer (KTF debate team member) in a talos and blow them up
* scout three retrievers in KTF’s home system and spend 5 minutes planning a surgical gank
* start jumping toward KTF and immediately find Bathammer again, in their Vindicator (most expensive ship in the game atm, 9b for the hull) waiting on the other side of the first gate
* blow up the KTF Vindicator
* lots of laughs

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Bathammer was on the debate team? Ahahahahah that makes blowing up his fancy spaceship even better. "I am a man and I am evil," indeed.

A+ excellent roam, would happily welp an interdictor again.

Also next time if we stumble across another random level 8 inquis lying around, I promise I won't accidentally bubble the entry gate.

I'll bubble the entry gate on purpose instead. :sun:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

uniball posted:

* work our way deep into trimark territory and eventually get hammer-and-anviled between two 40 ship fleets

* scout three retrievers in KTF’s home system and spend 5 minutes planning a surgical gank
* start jumping toward KTF and immediately find Bathammer again, in their Vindicator (most expensive ship in the game atm, 9b for the hull) waiting on the other side of the first gate
* lots of laughs

Sounds like you had a good round two after I went to bed I would have fallen asleep in space and been blown up most likely if I'd tried to push it.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

I called it a night after The Great Escape, sounds like the fun was just getting started.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

uniball posted:

This is where I died and then tagged out with my clone 30+ jumps away from the fun

Omen Sniper is a fun ship, would die in it again

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
We definitely lost the engagement. We went out swinging tho.

fubolicious
Dec 31, 2020
So is that titan welp 1% of the game's titans or 10%? Eve might be playable again if it's more like 50%.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

fubolicious posted:

So is that titan welp 1% of the game's titans or 10%? Eve might be playable again if it's more like 50%.

Wrong thread this is for the mobile game. It’s nowhere near that number. Titan count is in the thousands and 250 died. I doubt each side even lost 10% of their own supply.

Edit: as in for all that was lost the alliances in question most likely had enough empty Titans not owned by anyone to just hand out replacements. The side that can afford to do this longer is going to win, and goons have been printing Titans and supers by the dozens monthly.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 31, 2020

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

The Saddest Robot posted:

We definitely lost the engagement. We went out swinging tho.

I appreciate that Bathammer came back in a Vindicator to ensure that even though we lost an engagement, we still came out ahead on the op overall.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

uniball posted:

* lots of laughs
Nobody posted the killmails yet so:

Talos kill

Vindi kill (true value over 10 billion)

My health bar at the end of the fight. He primaried me down to ~80% structure then starting shooting Big's Vigilant for ??? reasons.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Colin Mockery posted:

I appreciate that Bathammer came back in a Vindicator to ensure that even though we lost an engagement, we still came out ahead on the op overall.

I'm pretty sure the 4 Scythes* put us ahead overall for the Op, the Vindi was just a bonus B-Day present for Big

*not to mention the Phantasm, Prophecy and pimped Harbinger.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

fubolicious posted:

approximately 1.777%, repeating of course.

Jintozook81
May 14, 2020

There's Always A Bigger Ship...
Lipstick Apathy

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Nobody posted the killmails yet so:

Talos kill

Vindi kill (true value over 10 billion)

My health bar at the end of the fight. He primaried me down to ~80% structure then starting shooting Big's Vigilant for ??? reasons.

Wow. Close call. I’m more on the Logi side of things. Love the Scythe.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Also I was able to give out some prizes including 15m eggs for trivia, a faction frigate, a few BC hulls, and some TBD prizes for a couple of other lucky geese.

Technically Bishop won a vigilant for getting last hit on the Vindicator kill, but he was a kind soul that let me keep it to replace the one I lost in that fight. Apparently the KTF folks were asking if I was crying about the loss, as if I wouldn't make that trade in a heartbeat every day. Not to mention that the vigilant I lost was given to me as a gift with the condition that it die gloriously.

What I think happened was that Bathammer was upset at the Talos loss, so he decided to put together a fleet to drop on the gatecamp nearby that he thought we were part of (we were not). Why he chose to form up on the other side of said gatecamp remains a mystery, but his logi landed as his ship exploded.

It was an absolute blast of a night and I'm going to try to plan for more of these soon. Work has been rough for me in Q4 so I haven't had the motivation to do the nightly roams that I was doing a few months ago.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

My only hope is that you in the one true home of goons im syndicate, AAS S2. SU8A pocket sucks and is for nerds.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Elmnt80 posted:

My only hope is that you in the one true home of goons im syndicate, AAS S2. SU8A pocket sucks and is for nerds.
We kicked some fake 'goons' out of there a while ago. Then we kicked 4chan out of that area. With the way sec status works in this game S-U is by far the better space. Also with the changed connections it's actually closer to lowsec.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:hmmyes:

catspleen
Sep 12, 2003

I orphaned his children. I widowed his wife.

uniball posted:

HonkAnon.png

Same

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

shh decided to flex hard with faction battleships and has lost 3 of them during the last two ops without killing any significant enemy ship

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

esto es malo posted:

shh decided to flex hard with faction battleships and has lost 3 of them during the last two ops without killing any significant enemy ship

Ah, yes, the ol' "lets show them we can afford to lose expensive, fancy ships for no gain so that they know they can't win" strategy. Classic.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I wonder what the Venn diagram between people who spend lots of real money on EE/EO ships and Star Citizen ships looks like.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Hello Sailor posted:

I wonder what the Venn diagram between people who spend lots of real money on EE/EO ships and Star Citizen ships looks like.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Erev posted:

Ah, yes, the ol' "lets show them we can afford to lose expensive, fancy ships for no gain so that they know they can't win" strategy. Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN AMERICAN FLAG ONTO THE MANTLE. ITS CAPTAIN AMERICA THE FIRST SOLDIER AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, CAPTAIN AMERICA. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SUPPORT BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT