Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

jesus WEP posted:

do you need a separate account from your subscriber account to access the board? gently caress That.

no it needs a username instead of your email address because bryan is bad at webhosting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1344363404341903360?s=20

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lid posted:

I am one clip in and just want to say AMERICANS LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY PLEASE FOR SOMEWHERE WITH UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE WHICH IS MOST OF THE REST OF THE WORLD

jesus this is mortifying

do let us know which countries have universal immigration thanks!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

hell yeah jim :unsmith:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RudoCast end of year wrap up is live! We give out the Rudo Awards, talk about AEW's Brodie Lee Tribute Dynamite, and pick WrestleKingdom 15!

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1344714411181674498

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1344671213927288840?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think Jim Valley may legit be the nicest person on the planet :allears:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I think Jim Valley may legit be the nicest person on the planet :allears:

No way, did you hear all those mean things he said to Bryan??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, he rules!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DangerDummy! posted:

No way, did you hear all those mean things he said to Bryan??

we keep hearing jim valley is alive but then why did the ghost of don rickles come down upon his body to rip bryan a new rear end in a top hat?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

I am one clip in and just want to say AMERICANS LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY PLEASE FOR SOMEWHERE WITH UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE WHICH IS MOST OF THE REST OF THE WORLD

jesus this is mortifying

see i thought the prevailing opinion was americans should stop leaving the country and spreading further

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao listening to the best of and i either missed or forgot about "they could hire a dog that likes spaghetti to clean the house"

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the best part of the B&V recap of the Brodie memorial show isn't even the Brodie memorial show

it's when they get derailed into a philosophical discussion of how, why and when did Snoop Dogg become emblematic of Americana and universally adored (they love him but Snoop Dogg did start from West Coast Hip-Hop gangsta rap and because they're old they still think of him as that guy).

hell there are people on this forum who probably never realise (either because they're too young or just don't know) there was a time when Snoop Dogg was more associated with NWA and the East Coast/West Coast rap wars where people literally died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwfZASMDk3w

Lid fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jan 1, 2021

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

kind of like how the sex pistols singer now does adverts for butter in the uk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i tried to make that last post some kind of “advertise in the uk” gag but i couldn’t make it work as a proper sentence

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jesus WEP posted:

And said he would vote for Trump & oh yes, he's glad the Queen is still in charge. Man, gently caress John Lydon. (PiL are still pretty cool though)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

jesus WEP posted:

yeah but the difference is I'm fairly sure Brits are ok firing John Lydon into the sun but Snoop is America

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

yeah but the difference is I'm fairly sure Brits are ok firing John Lydon into the sun but Snoop is America

Hell I remember when his name was Snoop Doggy Dog and then Snoop Dog then Snoop then I think he was a lion for a little bit and went back to snoop dog.

I think he made the conversion with his friendship with Martha

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

i tried to make that last post some kind of “advertise in the uk” gag but i couldn’t make it work as a proper sentence

I am an Antichrist
I am an advertisement
I know what I want and I know how to get it
I want to get bargains at Tesco

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Lid posted:

there was a time when Snoop Dogg was more associated with NWA

Sure was.

Can't find any photos with Snoop & Dory Funk Jr though, sadly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Observers out and Meltzer's obituary on Danny Hodge is insane and incredible because it has to cover a man who was a legend in pro wrestling, amateur wrestling, and was even a boxer for a time heralded as a better prospect than Rocky Marciano with pretty much no training because he was just that strong and tough.

The story of the Melbourne Olympics is insane.

Lid fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 1, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
2 hour Talk is Jericho with various people telling Brodie stories, a must listen and I am only through the Mookie, Arn and Smash Bros sections.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

Observers out and Meltzer's obituary on Danny Hodge is insane and incredible because it has to cover a man who was a legend in pro wrestling, amateur wrestling, and was even a boxer for a time heralded as a better prospect than Rocky Marciano with pretty much no training because he was just that strong and tough.

The story of the Melbourne Olympics is insane.

The MJ of making people suffer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Listening to the Best of and I know I listened to the Bryan peeing on Mike analogy but I forgot all about it.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1345606534747734022?s=21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God, I came to this thread to talk about Dave's bear wrestler chat ("Did the bear draw?" "Yes, but not like Andre the Giant") in the latest WOR but then I saw this beautiful thing.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
2010 was too much. But we still did the deal.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1345970960021794821

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jan 2010 is the real poo poo, thank you for going there rather than a time period where I wasn't alive like the 80s.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

gently caress it's been 11 years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, was this the period where Bret Hart got put on John Cena's Team of Stupid loving Idiots?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man, was this the period where Bret Hart got put on John Cena's Team of Stupid loving Idiots?

That’s eight months from where they’re covering, this is when Vince kicks him in the dick to close the RAW where he comes back to set up the (interminable) Mania match.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

The Cameo posted:

That’s eight months from where they’re covering, this is when Vince kicks him in the dick to close the RAW where he comes back to set up the (interminable) Mania match.

Some say the Hart family is still hitting Vince McMahon with trash cans to this day.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wrong thread

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I remember being at that Raw. Mostly I remember Jericho dong Hogan's taunts during presumably a commercial break spot. Me and my friend were like "yea get hosed Hogan!" Oh the younger times lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This came up initially a while back but I feel like Big Dave definitely got divorced because he made a comment about how “my kids were over on Wednesday” during the episode with Garrett and Kevin Kelly

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

This came up initially a while back but I feel like Big Dave definitely got divorced because he made a comment about how “my kids were over on Wednesday” during the episode with Garrett and Kevin Kelly

If he did he got divorced very recently because Garrett has said the stories that he got divorced are not true.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Lol Dave lamenting having to take jokes out of the newsletter

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

If he did he got divorced very recently because Garrett has said the stories that he got divorced are not true.
During lockdown - this was some time after the original dave divorce rumours started - he talked about his wife coming up with the idea to have his mum sit at a window so they could all talk to her on the phone and see her at the same time. Or whatever that deal was. Point being they were still together after the rumours started.

Also I kinda feel like Dave is incapable of filtering his thoughts and he’d have mentioned something about it by now if it were true.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Most importantly, it’s nobody’s loving business if the dude got divorced, married a second partner or joined some kind of sex cult polycule.

What a weird thing to even speculate over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

sportsgenius86 posted:

His sons girlfriend had COVID and they were sure despite some negative tests that his son had it as well, it’s possible the kids stayed somewhere else for a bit while infectious.