Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Not pretending New Chudleans is any better lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Also it shows you how successfully we've memory-holed Darren Sharper that at first I thought it was a misdirected Pedogate slam

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

Not pretending New Chudleans is any better lol

Huh? New Orleans is a pretty progressive city

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

PostNouveau posted:

Huh? New Orleans is a pretty progressive city

Drive to Lakeview or Algiers and look around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

No

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

ulmont posted:

gently caress Algiers with every ounce of gently caress you can spare.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Even in my elaborate fantasy vision where I can move back to New Orleans and live without working I still don't go there.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Are the Saints still owned by a church pedophilia apologist? Just checking.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

A.o.D. posted:

Are the Saints still owned by a church pedophilia apologist? Just checking.

They cancelled the big Church pedophilia apologist festival this year, but I'm still getting a church pedophilia apologist festival cake sent up.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

They cancelled the big Church pedophilia apologist festival this year, but I'm still getting a church pedophilia apologist festival cake sent up.

We're gonna do the big church pedophilia apologist festival in the summer now apparently, even though that makes no sense the big church pedophilia apologist festival happens on the big church pedophilia apologist ecclesiastical calendar.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

We're gonna do the big church pedophilia apologist festival in the summer now apparently, even though that makes no sense the big church pedophilia apologist festival happens on the big church pedophilia apologist ecclesiastical calendar.

Oh wow that's just embarrassing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/efeobadauk/status/1344823144675233796?s=21

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

MJBuddy posted:

gently caress Algiers with every ounce of gently caress you can spare.

William Burroughs lived there, how bad can it be?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This owns

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Pershing posted:

William Burroughs lived there, how bad can it be?

Being incredibly hosed up on heroin probably would make it more palatable.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I have incredibly fond memories of being a kid in New Orleans, and my dad says it was probably the most fun posting he ever had in 28 years in the Navy.

We also both have no desire to ever live there again. And a day trip every few years is enough for us to visit too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

I have incredibly fond memories of being a kid in New Orleans, and my dad says it was probably the most fun posting he ever had in 28 years in the Navy.

We also both have no desire to ever live there again. And a day trip every few years is enough for us to visit too.

Come back, it's great

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I've been to NO 3 times (from my home in Australia) and it's an awesome place to party. Last time was in 2017 a few months before my son was born, and I got to go to the game against the Jets. loving awesome place, would recommend to everyone (especially if your missus is pregnant and crashes at 7:30pm so you can go get smashed and then drive you to the next state after the game the next day).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My current financial goals involve carpetbagging back to NOLA as I race eviction by rising water

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Bourbon Street smells like piss.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1345054656213504001

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

three posted:

It's true, all of it

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

three posted:

True. Also, most people should age out of Bourbon Street. I go back for restaurants now. The only cities that can beat it in the culinary game have 10 times the population.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

True. Also, most people should age out of Bourbon Street. I go back for restaurants now. The only cities that can beat it in the culinary game have 10 times the population.

It's a lot cheaper than those more populous destinations, too.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/st...ingawful.com%2F

At least he made a record first :smith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how could this have possibly happened

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

iajanus posted:

I've been to NO 3 times (from my home in Australia) and it's an awesome place to party. Last time was in 2017 a few months before my son was born, and I got to go to the game against the Jets. loving awesome place, would recommend to everyone (especially if your missus is pregnant and crashes at 7:30pm so you can go get smashed and then drive you to the next state after the game the next day).
Hahaha holy poo poo NFCS is the most international conference

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

Yeah well, I've been to Bunkie.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Devin White also has COVID. Out for the Bucs first playoff game in 13 years.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GD_American posted:

I took family to NO and they all talk about eating there more which is what I want to be doing!!!

Alaois posted:

how could this have possibly happened

Should have had 3 more girls to match his touchdowns

CannonFodder posted:

Were all just trying to get as far away from the South as possible

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I love that players are still dumb enough to pose for photos doing the wrong thing.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Panthers definitely out of the Justin Fields race now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

Panthers definitely out of the Justin Fields race now

Sucks man. I think if the Jets are dumb enough to not take him (a possibility) Miami would for sure be open to trading the Texans pick to drop a few spots but it would probably cost our first next year.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why in gods name would you ever want an Ohio State QB

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

Can you take another year of Teddy?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Can you take another year of Teddy?

I mean, I can but like Panthers fans probably don't

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Barudak posted:

I took family to NO and they all talk about eating there more which is what I want to be doing!!!

If you're willing to pay a pretty big bill, Commander's Palace is a must-visit once in your life. The most amazing bread pudding I've seen anywhere.

Otherwise, Cochon has amazing and inventive pork dishes, Antoine's is still great for any kind of seafood (I usually get softshell there, it's as big as the drat plate it's served on), and La Petite Grocery has a great brunch.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everyone who lives in new orleans is remy lebeaux to me and nothing will ever change that, including visiting the city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Alaois posted: