Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Snackmar fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

A selfie? Wait, this story-line is not from 4 decades ago?! The gorilla suit screamed "old hat" to me.

Edit: That is an edit of a strip posted last page. I'm a fool.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 31, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so it is just a costume now when before it was a gorilla-shaped suit of power armor? the gorilla was inside him all along, i guess.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so it is just a costume now when before it was a gorilla-shaped suit of power armor? the gorilla was inside him all along, i guess.

Buddy, it's a five million dollar suit! It's made of unstable molecules that give it the consistency of an armor when he's inside it, and the ease of folding and carrying it when he's not inside it! Science!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Lets take a peek to the present and see how Peter is ending 2020

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

You leave half-Ditko / half-Romita Spider-Man alone, Tarantula!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God how much does that gorilla suit weigh? :lol:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Mierenneuker posted:

A selfie? Wait, this story-line is not from 4 decades ago?! The gorilla suit screamed "old hat" to me.

Edit: That is an edit of a strip posted last page. I'm a fool.

I'll take that as a compliment of my newspaper photoshop skills :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God how much does that gorilla suit weigh? :lol:

if you'll recall it took two large men to lift it earlier in the arc.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ah, but it's wheeled luggage, you see, so he doesn't have to lift it (and the suit apparently folds into a much smaller package?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I like how Spider-Man was no threat at all to the gorilla guy but when it comes to two random cops he has to come up with this convoluted method of escaping from them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he can't climb buildings to get away because one of his hands is full. my dude did not plan his crime spree very well.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But what happened to the Van Gogh????

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

But what happened to the Van Gogh????

He didn't really want the Van Gogh, just the thrill of stealing it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What else could it mean?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hero no more?! Are we getting two "spider-man quits" storylines at the same time literally decades apart?!

I really feel for this guy. He preps a loving 5 million dollar gorilla suit for ultimate battle with spidey, and all it takes is one punch, he does the dumbest heist of all time and still gets away with it. He might as well have sat on his rear end and done it from his office like all the other billionaires

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Johnny Walker posted:

What else could it mean?

Turns out that every single instance of his Spider-Sense over the last 50+ years has been because a gorilla has been somewhere on the planet.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao, the gorilla is currently at home, drinking some wine. so once again, peter is wrong about everything.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Turns out that every single instance of his Spider-Sense over the last 50+ years has been because a gorilla has been somewhere on the planet.

Much like the force is tiny bugs, spider-sense is tiny gorillas.

And Spider-Man white every other day.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Van Gogh-rilla?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
drat all that trash stained the gorilla suit and it's brown now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It changes colour so the police never know if they're chasing the right gorilla.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

MorningMoon posted:

Hero no more?! Are we getting two "spider-man quits" storylines at the same time literally decades apart?!

I really feel for this guy. He preps a loving 5 million dollar gorilla suit for ultimate battle with spidey, and all it takes is one punch, he does the dumbest heist of all time and still gets away with it. He might as well have sat on his rear end and done it from his office like all the other billionaires

I'd like it if the conclusion on this storyline is just that the billionaire gets bored, puts the gorilla suit in his garage and that's the end, no moral.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Someone better do something!

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
I hope this arc ends with Bates just mothballing the suit and moving on with his life. Meanwhile Peter spends the next few years looking over his shoulder for more gorilla activity.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009

It's like one of those stills from an episode of The Simpsons.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Johnny Walker posted:

The US military-industrial complex is missing a trick, as are the gorilla's creators. Soldiers in invincible robot gorilla suits, for only five million dollars a pop? C'mon, make it fifty million! A hundred! One billion!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

This is like an all-time top 5 storyline I'm so glad I went back for this.

Holy gently caress, that's what I get for leaving the thread for a few days.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that disco makes peter's life of frustration and rage as a comically inept superhero look better by comparison.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
So did Flash and Harry buy a disco? Because I have bad news about the whole supervillain thing....(Well, I guess Flash was never really a villain, even though he was Venom for a while.)

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 3, 2021

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
One of the two owners became a supervillain, the other took on the living alien costume of another supervillain.

Not sure whether the Green Goblin or Agent Venom were swingers, though.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Johnny Walker posted:

That monkey stole all the color from the background!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
flash as agent venom was the most heroic version of venom. eddie tries, but he's still eddie.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Stahlgeist posted:

It's like one of those stills from an episode of The Simpsons.

No wonder the gorilla's fur keeps changing colour, he can change the colour of his own teeth!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gorilla suit seems to hate its lot in life.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johnny Walker posted:

Ehh, it's a living.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
It was a two-round battle where MechaGorilla managed to make one attack that missed, and Spider-Man fled.
While I suppose it counts as defeat, MG has no ranged attacks and never laid a hand on him. When was he supposed to unmask him?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

That's as far as you thought? Why not think of something like "Oh, I can take down Captain America, or Doom"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

evilmiera posted:

That's as far as you thought? Why not think of something like "Oh, I can take down Captain America, or Doom"?

Why would he want to mess with a superhero or villain when he got the suit to mess with spidey?