Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

lol holy poo poo this game first got teased in 2010

makes me feel better about my own projects.

2010? there's posts from 2005, before the mirror moon tl even came out, about how they shouldnt translate tsuki and should just wait for the remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
How the hell did you find that thing? :allears:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
it was on twitter. but i assume its some forum with a yet-undying community since that person has a girls und panzer av

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think it might be dustloop

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That looks like animesuki.

E: Yep

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm glad we'll have the remake's openings to give us the first good Tsukihime anime

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The remake was 100% announced in 2008. There may have been rumors about it before then but they would have been just that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jesus.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Kinoko Nasu, write like the wind
You're not getting younger, and the remake's not done

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Rody One Half posted:

The remake was 100% announced in 2008. There may have been rumors about it before then but they would have been just that.

it was a plus-disc thing where they said they were going to get sacchin route done somehow, dunno where the remake idea would have first come up pre-'08

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nate RFB posted:

That looks like animesuki.

E: Yep

Now thats a name i haven't heard in a long, long time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

it was a plus-disc thing where they said they were going to get sacchin route done somehow, dunno where the remake idea would have first come up pre-'08

tbf you could read the plus disc thing as talk of a remake, especially since fsn was such a big technical leap over tsukihime. of course that guy's idea of a remake was probably just redrawing the sprites and moving it to the fsn engine, and adding the sacchin route, not anything substantial

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm so happy for Tsukihime Remake, part of me is just, "nah that's just a really well made fan trailer." But wake up, watch it a million times again and it's happening!!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I am extremely hype for this. Not the voices I was honestly expecting, especially for Arcuid but I'm looking forward to it!

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm mixed on it. On one hand its cool to see that its finally getting released, on the other I'm disappointed with how lazy Takeuchi got with Arc having a Saber-face and Shiki having a Shirou-face. I'm also curious if they'll keep Shiki's frailty and him almost dying when using his Mystic Eyes too much.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is it really Takeuchi being lazy, or is it just that he's always drawn that way and the new designs just reflect the direction his art went in (which didn't address any deficiencies he has in making distinct looking characters)?

the truth is they've all been arcade faces, all along!!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I think it's just Takeuchi's art being different now then it was twenty years ago

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Wasn’t there a joke about Takeuchi losing the capability to draw any female face beside Saber-face?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
He also never learned to draw hands.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

Is it really Takeuchi being lazy, or is it just that he's always drawn that way and the new designs just reflect the direction his art went in (which didn't address any deficiencies he has in making distinct looking characters)?

the truth is they've all been arcade faces, all along!!!

*looks at Iskander, Gilgamesh, Solomon, Waver, Cu, Medusa, Fujino, etc* ah yes, the guy that's incapable of making distinct looking characters

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I can't believe wada arco just draws the same face

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

It's very hard to look at Shirou and Shiki and mistake them for the same character. Even if you discard the different hair colors, the different haircuts, Shirou strange rinnegan-like golden eyes and Shiki glasses, Shirou eyebrows are too unique.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Archer666 posted:

I'm mixed on it. On one hand its cool to see that its finally getting released, on the other I'm disappointed with how lazy Takeuchi got with Arc having a Saber-face and Shiki having a Shirou-face. I'm also curious if they'll keep Shiki's frailty and him almost dying when using his Mystic Eyes too much.

Uh, no. Arc doesn't have a Saberface.

Saber has a Husiface.

YggdrasilTM posted:

It's very hard to look at Shirou and Shiki and mistake them for the same character. Even if you discard the different hair colors, the different haircuts, Shirou strange rinnegan-like golden eyes and Shiki glasses, Shirou eyebrows are too unique.

Shiki is way scrawnier than Shirou.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Conspiratiorist posted:

He also never learned to draw hands.

He can draw hands, they're just cringy chuuni-pose hands.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

What's wrong with the hands Takeuchi draws?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Irony Be My Shield posted:

What's wrong with the hands Takeuchi draws?

His idle hands are the devil's workshop.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Takeuchi's art is fine, y'all just want to complain

As far as Arcueid's new look, she's still very distinct even if everyone pines for the long skirt. She's cheerful and her body language is way different from Saber's and a ton of other little things.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Conspiratiorist posted:

His idle hands are the devil's workshop.

They're just edgy posing hands.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Argas posted:

They're just edgy posing hands.

Valkyrie there can be excused as chuuni posing, but Jeanne there has some serious boneitis

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Asterite34 posted:

Valkyrie there can be excused as chuuni posing, but Jeanne there has some serious boneitis

I think the pose is supposed to be that she has her hands facing behind her and upwards with her fingers basically spread out.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
this is the stupidest line of conversation

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*looking at an extremely talented artist whos been in the industry for nearly 30 years* this person sucks poo poo because *minor complaint in one minor piece of art*

criticism is fine but there's no need for dramatic sweeping statements like 'he cant draw hands' or 'all his characters look the same'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

calling nasu a terrible writer because of the one bad ending in fsn where rin is mildly out of character

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wado arc needs to draw more fate characters with less clothing

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

wado arc needs to draw more fate characters with less clothing

there's the wadamemo fanbooks already stair

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Asterite34 posted:

You'll eat your words this summer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Compendium posted:

Takeuchi's art is fine, y'all just want to complain

As far as Arcueid's new look, she's still very distinct even if everyone pines for the long skirt. She's cheerful and her body language is way different from Saber's and a ton of other little things.
Okay but she should have the long skirt

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah I liked the long skirt :(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I don't remember how Arc typically fights. Would the long skirt present any issues for action animation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Looks at rin from ubw