Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Like cottagecore, goblincore, and grandmacore, it gained popularity on the online platforms TikTok and Tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Mason Storm, as portrayed by Steven Seagal, enjoys listening to "Feels so Good" in his car in the 1990 action-thriller Hard to Kill.[14]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Its corporate heritage goes back to Bofors, which was founded in 1873. In 1999 Saab purchased the Celsius Group, the parent group of Bofors. In September 2000 United Defense Industries (UDI) purchased Bofors Weapon Systems from Saab (the autocannon and tube artillery interests), while Saab retained the missile interests. Later BAE Systems acquired United Defense Industries.

hehehe

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Among other interests, she is also most vocal in her support of Paddington Bear, believing the 2017 film to be the pinnacle of cinematic perfection.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
On December 10, 2014, it was revealed that Sony was planning a crossover between Men in Black and Jump Street. The news was leaked after Sony's system was hacked[44] and then confirmed by the directors of the films, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, during an interview about it.[45][46] In March 2016, James Bobin signed on as director.[47][48]

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Swatch Internet Time became the official time system for Nation1, an online country (supposedly) created and run by children.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mental children

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

quote:

There are no time zones in Swatch Internet Time; instead, the new time scale of Biel Mean Time (BMT) is used, based on Swatch's headquarters in Biel, Switzerland and equivalent to Central European Time, West Africa Time, and UTC+01. Unlike civil time in Switzerland and many other countries, Swatch Internet Time does not observe daylight saving time.

Optimal

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i wish children had the economic and military power to make real countries

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Carthag Tuek posted:

big orson scott card fan?

awesomeolion
Nov 5, 2007

"Hi, I'm awesomeolion."

loving this ... chart?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:...lano)_Italy.pdf

Winty
Sep 22, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

Withholding $8.7 trillion in exports because you didn't play nice and make your trains connect to mine

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Nation

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
When the movie was released on VHS/DVD, the ending song, "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas - their first Top 20 hit - was replaced by an instrumental song, as the rights to the song had not been obtained. This greatly diminished the emotional impact of the final scene. However, most TV airings still contain the original soundtrack, and, in fact, the inclusion of the Kansas song has allowed "Carry On Wayward Son" to remain popular since its release, being certified Gold in 1990, and frequently still heard on the radio.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

psh the uk had this with a drama series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tribe_(1999_TV_series)

quote:

Primarily aimed at teenagers, The Tribe is set in a post-apocalyptic city in which all adults have been killed as the result of an unknown virus. The series focuses on the remaining children and teenagers who must navigate the social and personal issues of adolescence, while being faced with the larger problems of a society in a state of anarchy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

When the movie was released on VHS/DVD, the ending song, "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas - their first Top 20 hit - was replaced by an instrumental song, as the rights to the song had not been obtained. This greatly diminished the emotional impact of the final scene. However, most TV airings still contain the original soundtrack, and, in fact, the inclusion of the Kansas song has allowed "Carry On Wayward Son" to remain popular since its release, being certified Gold in 1990, and frequently still heard on the radio.

i'm still bitter about the led zeppelin notes in wayne's world

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Mother fucker I actually had no idea there was no "my" in the title until now.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Toxic music copyright crap sucks (and Led Zeppelin is especially guilty) but the joke is even funnier when he gets cut off after one note.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Categories (++):

Measuring instruments (air pollution) (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Dust pollution (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Weather and climate of Italy (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Smog (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Smog in Italy (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Healthcare in Italy (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Particulate pollution (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Particulate control (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Verona in the 2020s (−) (±) (↓) (↑)VSON WP6910 (air detector) (−) (±) (↓) (↑)PM2,5 at Verona (−) (±) (↓) (↑)2020-07-23 (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Hazardous air pollutants (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Outdoor air quality (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Urban heat islands (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Air quality monitoring in Verona (Italy) (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Weather and climate in Verona (−) (±) (↓) (↑)It Wikisource book pdf (−) (±) (↓) (↑)En Wikisource book pdf (−) (±)2020 books from Italy (−) (±)Open access in Italy (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Books published in Verona (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Spring 2020 (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Spring in Italy (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Winter 2019-2020 in Italy (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Autumn in Veneto (−) (±) (↓) (↑)Autumn 2019 in Europe (−) (±) (↓) (↑)(+)

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

some of these ddr clones are getting pretty esoteric

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
It was used in the films Gung Ho (1986), Iron Eagle (1986), Corky Romano (2001), Max Keeble's Big Move (2001), and Ready Player One (2018).

i seem to remember gung ho being good at the time :blush:

(i'm sure there's racism in it)

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_la_Zouche_(died_1270)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

what a bunch of Zouchebags

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
upholding Zouche thought until 1270 and not a year further

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Ghostface Killah had a cameo in a scene where Stark briefly stays in Dubai, but the scene was cut from the theatrical release for pacing reasons.[30]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Boost Mobile's past American advertising campaigns featured Fat Joe, Master Shake, Eve, Travis Barker, Kanye West, Travis Pastrana, Ludacris, Richard "Rip" Hamilton, Nick Cannon, and The Game and used the slang slogan "Where you at?"[citation needed]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Footnotes

[a] whilst she was working as a prostitute

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Check this out from the questionably :nws: and somewhat :nms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinary_catheterization

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

extremely retracted here

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Whilst prostituting I posted:

Footnotes

[a] whilst she was working as a prostitute

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Member states of the African Union in green

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_African_Union

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Guatemala City is the site of the Mayan city of Kaminaljuyu, founded around 1500 BC.[citation needed] Following the Spanish conquest, a new town was established, and in 1776 it was made capital of the Kingdom of Guatemala. In 1821, Guatemala City was the scene of the declaration of independence of Central America from Spain, after which it became the capital of the newly established United Provinces of Central America (later the Federal Republic of Central America).[citation needed] In 1847, Guatemala declared itself an independent republic, with Guatemala City as its capital. The city was almost completely destroyed by the 1917–18 earthquakes. Reconstructions following the earthquakes have resulted in a more modern architectural landscape.[citation needed]

the Kenyatown, Kenya of irl central america

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1345799910969516033
https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1345801318565253120

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Oh wow, that's a name I have only heard in one context before. I guess it's familiar, but not too familiar.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Scarodactyl posted:

Oh wow, that's a name I have only heard in one context before. I guess it's familiar, but not too familiar.
He's also the guy behind the MBMBAM theme song, so I'm extremely curious how the McElroys will respond.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

darthbob88 posted:

He's also the guy behind the MBMBAM theme song, so I'm extremely curious how the McElroys will respond.

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/1345853609175560193

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Wow. I didn't watch the video or whatever it was but it must have been loving grim.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Scarodactyl posted:

Wow. I didn't watch the video or whatever it was but it must have been loving grim.

he did a bunch of lf-style tweets back around 2012, and those never look pretty when they get screenshotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

What is an lf-style tweet?