Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
gently caress you doom eternal rules. They took everything fun from 2016 and cranked it up. The Old Gods xpac is okay, but pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

ded posted:

The best car is the maimai

I want a drat nomad version of it

Is that the tiny little Honda City lookin box? cos that thing rules

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Is that the tiny little Honda City lookin box? cos that thing rules

Yeah it's the little angular cheese wedge car

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

I assume that APR is around what's at places outside bases with a strip club next door?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack Ketch posted:

I assume that APR is around what's at places outside bases with a strip club next door?

I was going to say based on jokes I’ve read here, it’s only slightly, like a point or two, from the Mustang special that base command has to eventually go down to the dealership about.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

its literally just missing the BUY HERE PAY HERE NO CREDIT NO PROBLEM in flashing lights

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
For any of you still playing Tetris 99, now's a good time to get some easy wins. I'd feel bad for brutalizing all of these new players, but gently caress 'em.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

A Bad Poster posted:

For any of you still playing Tetris 99, now's a good time to get some easy wins. I'd feel bad for brutalizing all of these new players, but gently caress 'em.

ooooo good point and hells yes

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Carteret posted:

its literally just missing the BUY HERE PAY HERE NO CREDIT NO PROBLEM in flashing lights

I think it does that in the tv ad you can see for them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
E-1 and above approved!

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
High-end artwork in a motel room in Cyberpunk

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Highlights of my CP2077 session today: got Gorilla Arms and now every fight is incredibly lopsided; also was looking at my phone and not paying attention to what the NPC I was talking to was offering. Thought I was about to buy cyberware and then suddenly I’m banging a dude. GOTY

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Already halfway through year 2 fall on Stardew Valley. About 35 hours since I downloaded it, like, maybe 9 days ago? Over half done with the community center, mostly ignoring fishing for now.

This game is crack.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Already halfway through year 2 fall on Stardew Valley. About 35 hours since I downloaded it, like, maybe 9 days ago? Over half done with the community center, mostly ignoring fishing for now.

This game is crack.

Dude who made the tractor mod is a mensch. He's already updated for 1.5 and I'm back George Jonesing that motherfucker through town, plowing up the beach looking for clay while drinking.

Less funny but more lucrative is that you can farm wall to wall with it and still have time left in the day to do other poo poo.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

This game is crack.

Can you try to sum up / describe how much of a change this update is in terms of the game's experience? Like, massive amounts of new content, new mechanics, or just a bunch of items/characters/quests?
I spoiled myself on the last content patch by reading through the patch notes and just following the SDV thread, trying to avoid doing so this time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can you try to sum up / describe how much of a change this update is in terms of the game's experience? Like, massive amounts of new content, new mechanics, or just a bunch of items/characters/quests?
I spoiled myself on the last content patch by reading through the patch notes and just following the SDV thread, trying to avoid doing so this time.

its mostly endgame stuff from what ive seen, along with some QOL stuff like options available to make red cabbage seeds available at least once from the special vendor by the secret woods the first year, so that you're able to complete the community center year one and stuff like split screen multiplayer

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can you try to sum up / describe how much of a change this update is in terms of the game's experience?

Oh, I'm on xbone, so it's still 1.4 for me for a few weeks. Still on my first playthrough because I've been an eternal tightass about paying for games since I have gamepass.

GD_American posted:

Dude who made the tractor mod is a mensch. He's already updated for 1.5 and I'm back George Jonesing that motherfucker through town, plowing up the beach looking for clay while drinking.

Less funny but more lucrative is that you can farm wall to wall with it and still have time left in the day to do other poo poo.

There's a goddamn tractor!? Oh I'm gonna be in this all day again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

There's a goddamn tractor!? Oh I'm gonna be in this all day again.

its a PC mod, theres insane levels of mods for stardew. I still play mainly on switch myself bc its fantastic as a handheld

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well poo poo. That's okay. I could probably play this easily on my laptop, but laziness and penny-pinching reign supreme.

My one complaint about controls on xbone is my character keeps stepping off track when I'm watering rows. I water lots of useless dirt.

I haven't even gone to the desert yet.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m thinking about an of mice and men mod for stardew

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Fallom posted:

I’m thinking about an of mice and men mod for stardew

Well, they already have the rabbits in there.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Well poo poo. That's okay. I could probably play this easily on my laptop, but laziness and penny-pinching reign supreme.

My one complaint about controls on xbone is my character keeps stepping off track when I'm watering rows. I water lots of useless dirt.

I haven't even gone to the desert yet.

upgrading the watering can helps a ton

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I already have all my tools stuff in gold. Doing the pickaxe first was so helpful in plowing my way through most of the mine the first winter. Also in the quarry. Snapped the gold scythe from the cave there already too.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Like something small, maybe a cutscene in the woods plays out when you max friendship with a new NPC named Lenny

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

High-end artwork in a motel room in Cyberpunk

Oh god, the Marines were here....

This man is your friend. He draws dicks for your freedom.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I'm having fun building roads and bridges in Death Stranding. And seeing where I can take my motortrike.

Also the mads interludes are great and I love him.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just picked up the DLC for Doom: Eternal, and :stwoon: It's analogous to Thy Flesh Consumed, in that the devs give no fucks about throwing hard stuff at you almost right away. The encounter I'm stuck on now in level 2 starts with a pair of normal mancubi, a cyber-mancubus, and multiple Barons of Hell, leading straight into a bunch of revenants...which leads into a pile of arachnotrons (accompanied by a Spirit, 2 arch-viles that show up at some point, and a Doom Hunter. There's a single BFG shot in the middle of the arena, and lots of launch-ramps strewn about (the meathook is just as much a way to get around as it is a weapon). Its utter chaos, and I'm sure there's something worse waiting for me once I clear these bastards out. I've dueled a few cyberdemons in narrow hallways already, they're no match for the meathook-ssg blast-optional bloodpunch-dash shenanigans (the most :black101: way to kill them)

I've also seen a bunch more empowered demons floating around than I ever saw in the base game.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Just picked up the DLC for Doom: Eternal, and :stwoon: It's analogous to Thy Flesh Consumed, in that the devs give no fucks about throwing hard stuff at you almost right away. The encounter I'm stuck on now in level 2 starts with a pair of normal mancubi, a cyber-mancubus, and multiple Barons of Hell, leading straight into a bunch of revenants...which leads into a pile of arachnotrons (accompanied by a Spirit, 2 arch-viles that show up at some point, and a Doom Hunter. There's a single BFG shot in the middle of the arena, and lots of launch-ramps strewn about (the meathook is just as much a way to get around as it is a weapon). Its utter chaos, and I'm sure there's something worse waiting for me once I clear these bastards out. I've dueled a few cyberdemons in narrow hallways already, they're no match for the meathook-ssg blast-optional bloodpunch-dash shenanigans (the most :black101: way to kill them)

I've also seen a bunch more empowered demons floating around than I ever saw in the base game.

It gets harder, i screamed in fear/frustration a few times. You will know what i mean.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It’s the Dark Souls of Doom

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Picked up Death Stranding, you guys did a good job selling it. It should be a nice break from Hades, finally starting to get burnt out on it.
Speaking of, you all should be playing Hades if you aren't. If I played more than two games that came out last year, it would be my GOTY. It is also the horniest game I've played since MGS V.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

9 hours into Horizon Zero Dawn and enjoying it so far. Thanks for the recommendations earlier!

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Even though I played a bunch before 1.0, I’d still consider Hades my GOTY.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Since Death Stranding bagged a couple of Game of the Year awards and y'all have been gushing about it for quite a while, I grabbed it while it was still on sale.
Gonna give it a spin tomorrow to see if it can tear me away from my excruciatingly-long Minecraft/FTB session over the holidays. To be perfectly honest, I'm also a bit apprehensive, because this is my first Kojima game, and after watching Buckaroo Banzai during GiP movie night and it being declared "The Kojima experience", I'm kinda worried this game may break my brain without the consumption of mind-altering drugs.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's literally the only kojima game I like.

But still, be prepared for not knowing what the gently caress is going on basically all the time.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

not caring here posted:

But still, be prepared for not knowing what the gently caress is going on basically all the time.

Yeah - I didn't like that, but it looks awesome and the sound is top notch.

In CP2077 I found a dead body on the sidewalk I climbed the ladder up to the roof and found some dead cops - with a shard of convo between Thomas Costigan and NCPD Sgt. Martin Dignam how Costello's men threw the Captain off the roof

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

not caring here posted:

Reading the descriptions in here, it sounds like you're all entirely making poo poo up without collaborating or it's basically Calvinball: The Video Game.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

No, its pretty much Calvinball.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

At this point non of his games make a lot of sense so we might as well call it Kojjmaball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Aaaand bought!