Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Matthew 21 posted:

12 Then Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves.
13 And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’

My dude is pretty clearly against all forms of profitable commerce in the temple, not just the money-changers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Prurient Squid posted:

The moneychangers thing was to do with the roman currency. You see the coins with Ceaser's face on them were considered idolatry. So donations made within the temple bounds had to made with plain coins without "graven images". Some clever people made a side line in exchanging the blasphemous currency for the more acceptable currency at advantageous interest rates.

Actually the point about the coinage underlies Jesus' remark "render unto Ceaser that which is Ceaser's". I.e. pay taxes because we don't want your crummy idolatrous money anyway.

The clever people were the temple priests themselves. They would have received kickbacks.

Also the render unto Caesar thing was less about iconoclasm and more about detachment from material possessions. Coins have had rulers on them since the year dot and I don't think the Israelites had the "man is in God's image therefore images of people are images of God" that say Islam has.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/GoodPoliticGuy/status/1344133934091816962

one out of two ain't bad (wait yes it is)

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Robert Mueller lmao forever

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fluoride Jones posted:

George Bush FBI guy was supposed to save da libs.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

when Venezuelan fishermen captured a bunch of US mercs with nets and then one pissed their pants and the piss ran downhill and they were covered in their own piss

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Fluoride Jones posted:

Buff Robert mueller in the krassemstein book

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
the Chapos completely ignoring the gravel teens

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Kazzah posted:

I remember Matt implying that they were committing elder abuse and that was the only time I remember then coming up lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

exmachina posted:

The clever people were the temple priests themselves. They would have received kickbacks.

Also the render unto Caesar thing was less about iconoclasm and more about detachment from material possessions. Coins have had rulers on them since the year dot and I don't think the Israelites had the "man is in God's image therefore images of people are images of God" that say Islam has.

i always thought there was also an angle of not being concerned about being subjugated. like it doesnt matter if you live a life of misery and servitude because you will be rewarded in the next one. kinda similar to turning the other cheek

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kazzah posted:

the one gravel teen that thought joining the military was going to be a good idea

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do I want to know what gravel teens are

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
the gravel teens sent me some cool pins in exchange for donating like 2 bucks, so they're ok in my book

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

indigi posted:

do I want to know what gravel teens are

some teenagers who listened to chapo convinced mike gravel to run for senate, then ran his twitter account in a pretty “dirtbag left” style of shitposting and roasting other candidates, and it didn’t go anywhere because nobody gave a poo poo about gravel the first time and nobody remembers the issue they were trying to bring attention to

also mike’s a 9/11 truther and they had to dance around that in every profile of him lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Declan MacManus posted:

also mike’s a 9/11 truther and they had to dance around that in every profile of him lmao

this Rules

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Someone mentioned the Krassensteins book How The People Plumped Ronald Blump or something equally stupid. Grifter assholes couldn't even keep it up like Jacob Wohl.

And at least Wohls hit on Warren was funny "Elizabeth Warren : Cougar?" and the press release about their bombshell that would "shake the conscious of a nation"

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/brobert545/status/1304423085999874049

(these are both pictures of firemen)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-l-oDG6erU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Declan MacManus posted:

some teenagers who listened to chapo convinced mike gravel to run for senate, then ran his twitter account in a pretty “dirtbag left” style of shitposting and roasting other candidates, and it didn’t go anywhere because nobody gave a poo poo about gravel the first time and nobody remembers the issue they were trying to bring attention to

the man does not miss

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Mike Gravel was already in the Senate, the Gravel teens were trying to get a presidential campaign off the ground. He was the guy who read the Pentagon Papers into record, and after 9/11 he (correctly) assumed it was an inside job and wanted Bush/Cheney investigated and prosecuted. The Teens mostly just shitposted on his official blue checkmarked account for a few months and pretended that counted as a campaign.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

speaking of which

that "ally" in scare quotes always gets me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ruffian Price posted:

speaking of which

that "ally" in scare quotes always gets me

I'm not gonna say Bush allowed 9/11 to happen.

(Because he did it.)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Just lmao at using 9/11 Truther as an insult in 2021

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
There Will Be Adequate Food

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Y2k preppers

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Prurient Squid posted:

I've not seen the clip and I'm not interested but I feel the need to point out that the whole point of the Parable of the Good Samaritan is that the moral value of a person is how they act towards others and not the religion they espouse. But somehow people can go ahead and believe that you need to have the correct belief system to be a good person.

loved the galaxy brain take that was "love thy neighbor" means you should keep Syrian immigrants far away so they can stay your neighbors because neighbors aren't necessarily proximal

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Why did the NYPD run into burning buildings anyway to shoot people?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Eat This Glob posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Eat This Glob posted:

Donald Trump throwing Liz Warren into a rape sack in the Kramerstein book

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Eat This Glob posted:

And the corresponding desperate defense of shirtless men on twitter. Then the banning. Then the sock puppet lady krassebstein twitter.

Also 9/11 dust

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gradenko_2000 posted:

Donald Trump throwing Liz Warren into a rape sack in the Kramerstein book

what the hell

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Ugh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Carthag Tuek posted:

what the hell

https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1024350219289485312?s=19

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
klob/warren diaper vore

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

good lord

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Platystemon posted:

klob/warren diaper vore

why did you make me remember this

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I've never even heard the phrase "rape sack" until rn and I've got to be honest, it just seems conceptually that it'd be easier to commit rape without the sack. Like it doesn't seem like it'd be a huge help to begin with and then you've got this physical evidence tying you to the victim

I guess what's concerning me is the way everyone already seems to know what a rape sack is and how it's used and I just feel left out

vv Thanks!

ClassActionFursuit has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Jan 1, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
p sure it's a joke lifted from borat

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
My wiiiiiiiiiife! (Mrs. Krassenstein!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum