Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Shockingly, CoD Mobile as well. Zero ads, 100% free. Can get every weapon and attachment for free with minimal effort, and the game is actually really good to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doc Fission posted:

Anyone know offhand some fun phone games without ads or games you can pay for once and never see an ad in again?

King of Dragon Pass

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Skwirl posted:

King of Dragon Pass

The eternal recommendation

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Can anyone recommend a premium mobile game that's a party-based dungeon crawler along the lines of old-school bard's tale / wizardry / gold box / etc, but maybe without the old-school jank?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Funktor posted:

Can anyone recommend a premium mobile game that's a party-based dungeon crawler along the lines of old-school bard's tale / wizardry / gold box / etc, but maybe without the old-school jank?

Yes, actually!

Dungeons of Chaos is a top down old school crpg in the vein of Ultima and the like. Full party based gameplay, turn based tactical combat, a poo poo load of classes and advanced classes, randomized Diablo style loot, quests, huge world. Game is hard as gently caress, and really quite good.

You might also try the Siralim games, but those are more like Pokemon.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
I will try that. Already own all 3 Siralims and did the Kickstarter for Ultimate.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Funktor posted:

I will try that. Already own all 3 Siralims and did the Kickstarter for Ultimate.

Its really very good. Pretty deep character building, lots of spells and skills, secrets all over the place. Game is good, and basically exactly what you're after.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Skwirl posted:

King of Dragon Pass

Release Six Ages on android you cowards. :argh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just bought the full version of Demoncrawl, like the $12 one and it's still giving me banner ads on the main page. Is this supposed to happen?

Edit:game's good as hell btw, I just wish it supported portrait mode.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Raid Boss is a new early access gacha set on the backdrop of running an mmorpg guild. Recruit players of different classes with their own skills and gear types, and do 5 man dungeons with tank/healer/dps building up to 10 man+ raids. Dungeons are mostly autoplay, with manual movement and targeting to avoid telegraphed aoe and such. Uses stamina for runs, but also gives you the ability to "farm" specific dungeons for stamina to get the loot drops without having to play it again. So far it's fun, already have lots of characters.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Doc Fission posted:

Anyone know offhand some fun phone games without ads or games you can pay for once and never see an ad in again?

Card Quest is a great tactical card game. I've spent many many hours with this one and never seen a single ad. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winterspring.cardquest&hl=en_US&gl=US

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yes, actually!

Dungeons of Chaos is a top down old school crpg in the vein of Ultima and the like. Full party based gameplay, turn based tactical combat, a poo poo load of classes and advanced classes, randomized Diablo style loot, quests, huge world. Game is hard as gently caress, and really quite good.

You might also try the Siralim games, but those are more like Pokemon.

This game doesn't mess around. I was getting absolutely destroyed until I learned some of the quirks of combat and stopped using auto battle. The auto battler doesn't seem to care about first hits and positioning at all.

Really fun game though, definitely give it a shot if you're looking for an old school rpg on the go. Thanks for posting!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CRAYON posted:

This game doesn't mess around. I was getting absolutely destroyed until I learned some of the quirks of combat and stopped using auto battle. The auto battler doesn't seem to care about first hits and positioning at all.

Really fun game though, definitely give it a shot if you're looking for an old school rpg on the go. Thanks for posting!

Auto battle gets more usable when you start messing with settings for strategies and some skills. For instance, I had my tank be the only one who uses Sprint, so he gets to the fight just before my other melee guys.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Doc Fission posted:

Farquar posted:

Card Quest is a great tactical card game. I've spent many many hours with this one and never seen a single ad. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winterspring.cardquest&hl=en_US&gl=US

Night of the full moon is anothrer great deck builder I keep coming back to.
It seems like there's a lot to buy (each new class is a buck) but clearing the base story and then each class will take you quite a few hours each. Each class is a full new card pool and have a unique mechanic/theme. It takes 7 runs at an hour or so each (if done in one sitting) to clear a class.

No ads is like $3 and definitely makes the game faster but all the ads are actually optional like doubling boss cash rewards or rerolling chests (although not watching them does make the game a bit harder)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Seems neat, but this crashes every time I try to download the additional files on launch.

Edit: Oh there we go, switching apps let it finish downloading in the background.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Raid Boss is a new early access gacha set on the backdrop of running an mmorpg guild. Recruit players of different classes with their own skills and gear types, and do 5 man dungeons with tank/healer/dps building up to 10 man+ raids. Dungeons are mostly autoplay, with manual movement and targeting to avoid telegraphed aoe and such. Uses stamina for runs, but also gives you the ability to "farm" specific dungeons for stamina to get the loot drops without having to play it again. So far it's fun, already have lots of characters.

Thanks. this sounds fun

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It gets pretty challenging too. Mobs with red aoe zones hit like trucks and can easily wipe your casters out in one hit if you don't reposition.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

It gets pretty challenging too. Mobs with red aoe zones hit like trucks and can easily wipe your casters out in one hit if you don't reposition.

And the auto-run thing DOES NOT reposition...

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

True to form you want to have more ranged than melee. With 3 melee, they can be positioned around trouble spots in a way that moving out of danger zones just inst feasible for all 3 in time.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah you actually sometimes need to fail a dungeon to find out the enemy layout for a second attempt. I use a dragoon because her dps is stupid high and it's manageable.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
In Raid Boss, defeating the first boss of the 2nd world and you'll open up the weapon upgrade quests. I'm upgrading most of my characters now.

It doesn't matter if any of the borrowed characters die. You just need to clear with your character.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 30, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rubicon posted:

In Raid Boss, defeating the first boss of the 2nd world and you'll open up the weapon upgrade quests. I'm upgrading most of my characters now.

It doesn't matter if any of the borrowed characters die. You just need to clear with your character.

Yup, and you have to do it eventually, because higher level bosses have gear level minimums to access.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rubicon posted:

Yup, and you have to do it eventually, because higher level bosses have gear level minimums to access.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

World 3 is opening up the grind a bit. 12 T3 characters, then the next boss needs 15 T4. I don't even have 15 units.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005

Bruceski posted:

World 3 is opening up the grind a bit. 12 T3 characters, then the next boss needs 15 T4. I don't even have 15 units.

Just got through world 2 and am opting to do the hard versions for a bit of w1 and w2.

I wish you could preview all the possible characters, I'm thinking about dropping some cash on this game and buying the 4* character pack. I'm really enjoying it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Rubicon posted:

Just got through world 2 and am opting to do the hard versions for a bit of w1 and w2.

I wish you could preview all the possible characters, I'm thinking about dropping some cash on this game and buying the 4* character pack. I'm really enjoying it.

It's a bit unrealistic tho. I hired a healer and a tank and then sent them on a dungeon run and they just sat there, and healed and tanked. Wtf

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I really like how different characters have different personalities and poo poo. I have one called GarbageDeeps who is a typical mmo pubbie; they say "next" when you clear a pack, and complain about the tank constantly. The characters all have factions too, and the ones in the Newbie faction are like a barbarian named Guest60001223 and a super cool badass stealth sniper elf named LoneWolf1221

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I really like how different characters have different personalities and poo poo. I have one called GarbageDeeps who is a typical mmo pubbie; they say "next" when you clear a pack, and complain about the tank constantly. The characters all have factions too, and the ones in the Newbie faction are like a barbarian named Guest60001223 and a super cool badass stealth sniper elf named LoneWolf1221

I didn't play much before uninstalling because it wasn't my jam. But wasn't GarbageDeeps the mmo guild leader that booted and blacklisted you at the beginning?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I've been enjoying Dicast: Rules of Chaos lately.

It's a simple 1v1 board game with lots of variety and randomness. If RNG is the kind of thing that can ruin your day, stay away from this one.

It's free to play, and you could totally pay to advance faster, but I haven't had to. I thought I would bounce of this months ago, but I just keep coming back, so I figured I would share it.

You get a basic deck of dice cards (Random, Odd, Even, etc.) and add some special cards to it customize it. Earn gold and upgrade and unlock new heroes. I was originally worried about needing to ultra focus all my upgrades into one hero and base to stay relevant, but learned that they actually have a max level of 5. Once you hit that, you can spend your gold on others.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Farquar posted:

I've been enjoying Dicast: Rules of Chaos lately.

It's a simple 1v1 board game with lots of variety and randomness. If RNG is the kind of thing that can ruin your day, stay away from this one.

It's free to play, and you could totally pay to advance faster, but I haven't had to. I thought I would bounce of this months ago, but I just keep coming back, so I figured I would share it.

You get a basic deck of dice cards (Random, Odd, Even, etc.) and add some special cards to it customize it. Earn gold and upgrade and unlock new heroes. I was originally worried about needing to ultra focus all my upgrades into one hero and base to stay relevant, but learned that they actually have a max level of 5. Once you hit that, you can spend your gold on others.

This is really neat, I'm enjoying it. Thanks for posting about it. The English is just sketchy enough to scratch that "badly Google translated text" itch, but usually comprehensible, and the game is kinda fun too.

Is there a smart way to use your currencies? Should I be buying directly, or using it to crack open chests?

e: this time gating is kind lovely though.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 1, 2021

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

If anyone is still interested, there's a new spot open in the goon Shop Titans guild. Just reply with your ID and i'll send an invite

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Go RV! posted:

This is really neat, I'm enjoying it. Thanks for posting about it. The English is just sketchy enough to scratch that "badly Google translated text" itch, but usually comprehensible, and the game is kinda fun too.

Is there a smart way to use your currencies? Should I be buying directly, or using it to crack open chests?

e: this time gating is kind lovely though.

At the beginning, you should spend your gold on upgrading your heroes and bases. Gold is you biggest bottleneck for a while, so don't spend it on chests.

Once you get a hero to level 5, you'll just be using hero and equipment tokens to upgrade them. No gold necessary. Hero tokens will be your bottleneck then.

Once you get a base to level 5, you unlock crafting, which is a new passive income source, and you'll start earning gold faster. My level 5 gold mine earns me about 600 gold every five hours or so.

Gems I usually spend on hero tokens in the timed shop that occasionally pops up. That might not start happening until you're a higher level, I'm not sure. There doesn't seem to be a huge value difference in what to spend gems on, so I've also splurged on some skins and emojis and I don't regret it.

The game is also being actively developed. Since I started playing this summer, they've added three heroes and two bases and done some pretty big balance changes. The English is still a little wonky in some of the skill descriptions, but you eventually figure it out.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Anyone want to create a raid boss guild?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Zotix posted:

Anyone want to create a raid boss guild?

Got one, Raid Goons

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Applied to raid goons as hello kitty

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I applied. Name is 'stupid'

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Got one, Raid Goons

Applied as Theswarms.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Spend your event currency. I asked on the discord if the event shop will be open after the event ends in an hour or two and he dev said spend it. He's pretty sure it closes when the event ends.

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009
Applied as "We Throw Those" to Raid Goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Got one, Raid Goons

Applied as greatful dead