Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

sports are fine but not really my thing

i used to enjoy boxing and then early mma but i decided i didn't want to cheer on people who were destroying their brains for my entertainment so i stopped watching those sports and started reading and emptyquoting posts in cspam instead,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

emptyquoting delivers a greater pleasure than that of orgasm

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

T-man posted:

emptyquoting delivers a greater pleasure than that of orgasm

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

:vince:

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
nothing compares to being emptyquoted, though

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Weatherman posted:

nothing compares to being emptyquoted, though

ohh yeah that's the stuff

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

i used to enjoy boxing and then early mma but i decided i didn't want to cheer on people who were destroying their brains for my entertainment so i stopped watching those sports and started reading and emptyquoting posts in cspam instead,

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

World's strongest man is happening right now and probably on some channel you have (5 in the uk).

That's a real fun sport to watch, even if you know Jack poo poo, watch some beefy dude pick up increasingly heavy poo poo in a variety of ways.

This started as a joke, but actually it's now psa go watch big beefy men lift heavy things.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
sports are cool because people are pushing their bodies to the very limit of what they are capable of and if you don’t appreciate that lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

sports are cool because people are pushing their bodies to the very limit of what they are capable of and if you don’t appreciate that lol

I get a chuckle especially about nerds getting mad at HANDEGG because american football is like the closest thing to a board game or jrpg

Turn based strategy game plus amazing athleticism

I mean, it's obviously fine if it's just not your thing but these are the same people that watch youtubes of people mining bitcoins or whatever all day

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm trying to figure out what kind of idiot ball that is

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I wonder what level of abuse parents have to put a child through to cause the type of brain damage that compels someone to post on an Internet forum where literally everyone hates them, for an entire decade. fame douglass care to elaborate?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Weatherman posted:

ohh yeah that's the stuff

pretty sure my dopamine levels spike whenever I see that wonderful yellow

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/legaladvice_txt/status/1344689350597095426

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Anything taken to its obsessive extreme is dumb imho and unfortunately the coolest things have the worst fan bases - from professional sports to animes to video games "esports" to game of thrones

Just like the thing you like and be cool, man. No need to be all tumblr Supernatural Fandom level of obsessed with competitive point and click or regurgitating ESPN broadcasts

PuErhTeabag
Sep 2, 2018

Cold on a Cob posted:

early mma was kinda cool because it was about how different martial arts work against each other - now everyone just does the same stuff and permanently wrecks their bodies and that sucks

i still think the olympics are cool (aside from the socioeconomic and political bullshit) because they show all the other sports that never get air time, like curling

there's also a certain purity to running and swimming that are cool. like, it's just your body interacting with an environment in a way that humans have done forever

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Olympics competitions can be awesome while the politics suck

Both things can be true. Still it's the best version of even pretending to all come together that we have

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yep, answering the question of how many chips & beers can I put down my gullet watching TV while the players are seeing how many concussions a brain can take is really testing the limits of the human experience.

Fame Douglas has issued a correction as of 18:08 on Jan 1, 2021

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Yep, answering the question of how many chips & beers can I put down my gullet while watching TV while the players are seeing how many concussions a brain can take is really testing the limits of the human experience.

Well yes

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

Yep, answering the question of how many chips & beers can I put down my gullet watching TV while the players are seeing how many concussions a brain can take is really testing the limits of the human experience.

you really suck out loud, sorry to say

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
and what is sports supposed to be anyway. what are these guys doing

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

World War Mammories posted:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Everyone shut up about sports and check out this hot festive wage theft

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Agreed, having a piss fetish is pretty nice

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

https://twitter.com/teach_mendola/status/1344408015445909504

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003
Got this FB ad for magic 5G-blocking underwear to keep Bill Gates from cooking your balls with his mind control beams

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

I wonder what level of abuse parents have to put a child through to cause the type of brain damage that compels someone to post on an Internet forum where literally everyone hates them, for an entire decade. fame douglass care to elaborate?

possible alt? seems a pretty ungratifying way to post. Alas posters are a mystery

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT6bV7rSdC0

if you don't get stoked for dunks idk how you get out of bed in the morning

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I got the tude now posted:

Content Warning: This is basketball dunks and not funny dunks. Save yourself a click.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Fame Douglas posted:

this negativity is very unhealthy. perhaps a jog would make you feel better, as aerobic exercise releases dopamine.

I also tend not to drink or snack while I watch sports, as it would set back my fitness goals.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

a Loving Dog posted:

I wonder what level of abuse parents have to put a child through to cause the type of brain damage that compels someone to post on an Internet forum about how much you hate other people there, for two entire decades. a loving dog care to elaborate?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I also tend not to drink or snack while I watch sports, as it would set back my fitness goals.

Sounds like you don't know how to let loose and "have a good time", as they say.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Failed Imagineer posted:

Agreed, having a piss fetish is pretty nice

THE PISS QUOTE IS REAL

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i see green, time to develop a vomit fetish. stand clear

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

you and trump, buddy. you and trump :haw:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

I got the tude now posted:

When did the NBA stop calling travel?

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The rich are one step closer to not needing us at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

whaley posted:

and what is sports supposed to be anyway. what are these guys doing

You see they're simulating warfare led by generals (coaches) and ultimately at the behest of kings (team owners), once we have full communism we will have no need for such competitive nonsense and everyone will instead watch minecraft streamers cooperatively building giant golden dongs

spacetoaster posted:

The rich are one step closer to not needing us at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

I saw that video a few days ago and the robot still just looks so fuckin' unstable, like it's barely able to compensate for a lot of its own momentum.

Also if you haven't, skim the operator's manual for Spot because it's a hoot:

https://www.bostondynamics.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/spot-user-guide-r2.0-va.pdf

The robot often falls down, this is normal. If it falls on you, it's your fault. Do not taunt the robot.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
everyone loves me except the worst people, t man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it looks like that video was filmed way slower then sped up maybe?