Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If what you are looking at says anything other than Sac Frag is bis for Sucrose it is wrong.

edit: DOGGOZ

kater fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Hexel posted:

I got a Sacrificial Fragments from my last 10-pull but looking at the spreadsheet it isn't really recommended for anybody

Is it good for anyone?

Assuming you have the right build for it a skill based Ning build could possibly work with it. Also, Sucrose could definitely benefit from it. Swirl damage is tied to elemental mastery. Which it boosts as a stat. In addition to that, sacrificial fragments gives a chance to reset the CD on a skill every 30s. Which is invaluable for characters like Sucrose.

Having effectively three casts (Or two, if you don't have Ning's reset constellation.) of any of those skills could do insane damage. Sucrose could presumably do some batshit damage if you had a good team comp for it. Presumably you'd want something that constantly applies for the swirls.

Ning can do weird 18k hits with her screen somehow. I've yet to figure out how. But i've seen videos of her outputting insane damage with it. Sacrificial fragments would be great for that if you can achieve that damage without needing to rely on a different weapon. That's anywhere from 2 to potentially 3 casts of it. Though obviously the elemental mastery isn't going to do much to help her damage (I don't think crystalize benefits from a damage buff from ele mast.).

Archonex fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 1, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hexel posted:

I got a Sacrificial Fragments from my last 10-pull but looking at the spreadsheet it isn't really recommended for anybody

Is it good for anyone?
It's Sucrose's best weapon by a lot (even above 5* weapons). Which spreadsheet are you looking at?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 1, 2021

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
This was a complete nightmare. The amount of rng involved in getting 3 stars here is insane, at any moment the electro cicin mage can decide to blink out of a venti ult into the defense target and immediately use her electro shield or drop an electro field or even drop an electro fence while frozen...

I'm really not looking forward to do this again in two weeks.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 13, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

It's Sucrose's best weapon by a lot (even above 5* weapons). Which spreadsheet are you looking at?

Likely this one, which puts Mappa Mare ahead. Presumably this is due to the EM buff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sacrificial Fragments gives MORE EM! Like twice as much!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

No Wave posted:

this one https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14KezgHl7VHzKS4XazrzgUTanF7W9WQZz/edit#gid=809817204

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd glanced over it before and it looked kind of OK but omitting Sac Frag on sucrose is really bad. It's very uncontroversially the weapon for her. Never mind the passive (which is great for her 15 second cooldown E), it gives the maximum possible EM for a weapon and that's the only stat she cares about.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm just wondering, how good do things have to be before you bother putting juice into them? Like neither of these are particularly good, but eh. Eh?

I dunno I answered my own question just looking at them like this. I think I need to make a spreadsheet to track artifacts, its so hard in game. Hell its hard to track all the different progressions. Wait that is the entire game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Depends on how much you want to be done. If you don't want to spend any more time farming sure, they're usable. I can't be very selective with hats and sands.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mailer posted:

Likely this one, which puts Mappa Mare ahead. Presumably this is due to the EM buff.

Is that just an older version of this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview?pru=AAABdprSFQ8*9XyMZ3FSVx2JzKaA272SpA

The template looks exactly the same but it doesn't have the never characters (and the one I linked has Sacrificial fragments as the #1)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah that spreadsheet was a little rough until some theorycrafters gave some advice.

Also new abyss report:

Easier to reach the end on 12 (caveat below)
Floor 11-2 needs some cheese for 2nd half if you don't have venti (you can use geo to wall off the monolith)
Pyro is still good, and only needs to be swapped otu for 12-3 part 2 (level 100 pyro agent with 50% pyro resistance).
PyroKeqing is very funny and good.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

kater posted:

I'm just wondering, how good do things have to be before you bother putting juice into them? Like neither of these are particularly good, but eh. Eh?

I dunno I answered my own question just looking at them like this. I think I need to make a spreadsheet to track artifacts, its so hard in game. Hell its hard to track all the different progressions. Wait that is the entire game.

Pretty sure artifact feeding has like 90% efficiency, so I've been putting juice into whatever and just feeding it to new stuff later on.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Captain France posted:

Pretty sure artifact feeding has like 90% efficiency, so I've been putting juice into whatever and just feeding it to new stuff later on.

it's definitely 80%. technically it's 80% total exp plus the base exp (3780 for 5*, 2520 for 4*). still worth it most of the time though, especially if the original artifacts help your DPS a lot.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

To confirm what Andrast said, that sheet is outdated. The current version is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2m-xDBm-19rFT1g

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

AParadox posted:

This was a complete nightmare. The amount of rng involved in getting 3 stars here is insane, at any moment the electro cicin mage can decide to blink out of a venti ult into the defense target and immediately use her electro shield or drop an electro field or even drop an electro fence while frozen...

I'm really not looking forward to do this again in two weeks.

hey at least you have Venti, it's a loving feat getting even one star without him.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Well, got Keqing from the standard soft pity at ~ roll 77 since my last 5*. I was really hoping for a weapon, Jean, or Qiqi. At least she does not take fire chunks like every other character I am trying to level. I am wondering whether it is worth levelling her for a second non-pyro DPS for the spiral Abyss or just continuing with a 4 star like Fischl or Xiangling.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Hexel posted:

Is it good for anyone?

Sucrose

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

hey at least you have Venti, it's a loving feat getting even one star without him.

If I did not have him I would absolutely take the 1 star and carried on, it isn't worth it.

Although I have suspicion that Zhongli could carry this chamber even harder that venti. The enemies on the second part are positioned perfectly for his ult and as far as I know cicin mage can't blink while stoned so the only rng loss condition left is the electro fence.

The first part is also awful but if stars align and the agro is nice you can get by without too much damage.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Pain of Mind posted:

Well, got Keqing from the standard soft pity at ~ roll 77 since my last 5*. I was really hoping for a weapon, Jean, or Qiqi. At least she does not take fire chunks like every other character I am trying to level. I am wondering whether it is worth levelling her for a second non-pyro DPS for the spiral Abyss or just continuing with a 4 star like Fischl or Xiangling.

Keqing is one of the most fun DPS to play in my opinion simply because you can zip around with blinks and chase enemies with it without expending stamina. She take a bit of working around when it comes to the Abyss considering she's not too great against the 2 most prominent slimes, Pyro (overload reaction does 0 dmg to pyro slimes and knocks them back, requiring more chase) and electro (You'll do no damage unless you sacrifice not using your skill, which hampers you a lot). Keqing's optimal DPS combo is simply spamming charge attack, so she's best against enemies that don't stagger or get sent flying by a charge. She also requires good artifacts and a good weapon to be noteworthy in damage, so if you don't have the BP black sword, a 4 star lion's roar, or another good weapon with crit % sub stat then she may feel underwhelming.

She's not a bad investment, but she is an investment.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Pain of Mind posted:

Keqing is a ton of fun to play and while she doesn't have as high a damage ceiling as e.g. Diluc or Klee, she makes up for it in flexibility. She can swap between almost pure physical and almost pure electro damage very easily, she can be either a carry or a burst support, she can provide a ton of iframes and mobility, she's relatively easy to gear (doesn't need any 4-piece sets, Black Sword from the BP is BiS 4* weapon) and she fits in well on a lot of teams. Hard to go wrong with investing in her.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

AParadox posted:

as far as I know cicin mage can't blink while stoned

She gonna have some really bloodshot eyes.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

Also why do people like the Blackcliff stuff? Is it for people you have crit rate hats for? I don’t see how you get meaningful rate without that. Is there anyone that specifically wants one? Seems rather ‘competent weapon if you don’t have something already’.

the reasons i'm buying any at all are Kaeya C1 and Xinyan C2. if you add the bonuses from C1, cryo resonance, and the new artifact set you can run Kaeya/Chongyun together and give Kaeya constant 75% crit before any artifact substats. stacking damage is definitely the way to go there.

C2 Xinyan has a guaranteed crit on her burst so i'm ignoring crit% on her and building for ER/Phys%/CDMG. Blackcliff isn't 100% the pick, but if i can get a comfortable amount of ER then i would ditch Sac in favor of it.

otherwise, like other posters were saying, combining it with a crit% ascension character or hat and substats gives a nice balance. so Xiao/Diluc could benefit, but i lucked into better options so i haven't looked for math on that. Blackcliff is a strong option on Albedo if you don't want to deal with HoD's drawbacks, and regardless you're building him with an eye towards crit stats. for the other weapons, it's currently the only CDMG bow but it doesn't seem must have on anyone while the catalyst would likely get dumpstered the second you pull a Widsith due to its better effect.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've gotten to where I usually can beat the event boss as long as I play it safe and go straight for the shield until he's done with that AoE phase. Sometimes I get hurt/killed without knowing why during the "DPS the boss" phase, though. Haven't gotten any times faster than like 2:30; I just don't have the burst damage for it. Got Festering Desire fully ranked up and almost have enough for the Crown.

The 5 "standard banner" wishes I got from the updated shop gave some nice stuff - another Rust copy (Rust is now R3) and C1 Diona.

I'm actually kind of debating switching from Skyward Harp to Rust on Childe until I get him some better artifacts. He currently doesn't have that much +ATK%, which makes me think that the +ATK% from Rust would proportionally mean more. And since Rust is R3, it would give a really big boost to his attacks.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

quote:

sac frags chat

man I wish you could dump a weapon into another weapon for XP without hitting the ascension breakpoints. Just rolled a Sacrificial Fragments last week and now I'm leveling it while staring at my Lv70 Mappa Mare that will see absolutely no use for the foreseeable future. Klee has Lost Prayer, Ning has Solar Pearl, Barb has Tales, and my Eyes of Perception and Favonius Codices are sitting around unleveled.

E: It's the second best support catalyst on Mona if I ever level her, so that'll be a rainy day project. BiS for Lisa support too, get rekt Oceanid

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 1, 2021

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Was the Kamera quest recently added? It's kind of cute, though the gadget is a bit redundant.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Osmosisch posted:

Was the Kamera quest recently added? It's kind of cute, though the gadget is a bit redundant.

Yeah, it was added in the Albedo patch.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I've gotten to where I usually can beat the event boss as long as I play it safe and go straight for the shield until he's done with that AoE phase. Sometimes I get hurt/killed without knowing why during the "DPS the boss" phase, though. Haven't gotten any times faster than like 2:30; I just don't have the burst damage for it. Got Festering Desire fully ranked up and almost have enough for the Crown.

if this is the 3rd vuln phase it can do an attack after being vuln'd twice that will leave a damaging aura on the ground that i assume persists after the weak point is destroyed

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
My Genshin Impact life summed up in a single event:

10 fates from the Stardust store. my pulls, 9 3* weapons, a 4* spear. yay

My wife's pulls: Jean, Sucrose, Xingqiu. Oh and a Bennett this morning off commission gems.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there a reason you guys are trying to solo the regisvine? I just did it coop with randoms and the vine died so fast with everyone focusing it down. Managed to get all 15 kills in a short amount of time this way. (Or is there another boss/more quests after finishing everything?)

I’ve done all the quests to finish Act 2 and 4 now but my weapon only has 1/3 effects active. Was Act 4 not suppose to give me anything? How do I get rime-worn fragments fast?

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I think I might have asked this here before, but has anyone tested the wording on the Blizzard Strayer set yet? It sounds like its effects might apply to the whole team, but it doesn't have the "all party members" wording that most of the other artifact sets do.

Osmosisch posted:

Yup. Try it out; it's an easy way to take UI-less pics during combat, while falling to your death, etc.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a reason you guys are trying to solo the regisvine? I just did it coop with randoms and the vine died so fast with everyone focusing it down. Managed to get all 15 kills in a short amount of time this way. (Or is there another boss/more quests after finishing everything?)

I've done all the quests to finish Act 2 and 4 now but my weapon only has 1/3 effects active. Was Act 4 not suppose to give me anything? How do I get rime-worn fragments fast?

I never had any of the random bugs people in here were talking about while doing it solo, so I figured they were co-op issues and stuck with solo until I cleared out the shop. No <1min clear times for me, but it made grinding out the fight pretty painless.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’ve done all the quests to finish Act 2 and 4 now but my weapon only has 1/3 effects active. Was Act 4 not suppose to give me anything? How do I get rime-worn fragments fast?
If you have a reasonable team and know what you're doing, soloing it is faster and easier than dealing with pubbie stupidity (40-50sec per kill). You will also want to do the last boss 21 times (at WL6+ at least since that gives 150 per kill) to completely buy out the event shop.

Only acts 1-3 upgrade the weapon's event-specific abilities. You have to complete all subtasks within the act and claim them all to activate it iirc.

Kill everything that moves on the mountain to get fragments faster. I think I was just about halfway through the main area questline when I completed act1.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

Osmosisch posted:

it drives me insane that activating it doesnt stop time and allow you to freely move camera around. Game already can stop everything in the menu, just a wasted opportunity for cool mid action photo shoots.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

doing Crucible way back was fine, but ever since they've allowed solo play i don't see a reason to do co-op because it removes most of what i find fun about the combat. i don't get to make and tweak the team comp, i don't get to do all the hotswapping for skill CDs/energy gain/res shredding/burst spam, and as people here have posted you can even run into stupidity like Diluc x3 + Bennett that just removes any semblance of using the reaction system. i spent the whole Unreturned Stars event doing longer solo clears for that reason, and i'm just thankful this one was easily doable in 1min runs once i got the strategy nailed down.

playing with friends would be a different story, but there's definitely still an issue where not all the supports really translate to co-op so your options are limited when trying to build out a team. unless you just boringly damage race it, i guess.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

zgrowler2 posted:

man I wish you could dump a weapon into another weapon for XP without hitting the ascension breakpoints. Just rolled a Sacrificial Fragments last week and now I'm leveling it while staring at my Lv70 Mappa Mare that will see absolutely no use for the foreseeable future. Klee has Lost Prayer, Ning has Solar Pearl, Barb has Tales, and my Eyes of Perception and Favonius Codices are sitting around unleveled.

E: It's the second best support catalyst on Mona if I ever level her, so that'll be a rainy day project. BiS for Lisa support too, get rekt Oceanid

It's not worth throwing them away but they added in a weapon crystal refund for weapons now at least, so it isn't completely wasted. You're better off just holding it though, getting weapon XP is relatively easy and doesn't cost resin but the weapon ascension stuff does.

I pulled a second Sacrificial Sword. Right now I've got a level 80 R2 one on Xingqiu - is there anyone else who really wants a Sac Sword to the point where I should save it/level it up for someone else, or toss it into the refinement machine? Same question for Stringless, which I just pulled a second copy of.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

shimmy shimmy posted:

It's not worth throwing them away but they added in a weapon crystal refund for weapons now at least, so it isn't completely wasted. You're better off just holding it though, getting weapon XP is relatively easy and doesn't cost resin but the weapon ascension stuff does.

I pulled a second Sacrificial Sword. Right now I've got a level 80 R2 one on Xingqiu - is there anyone else who really wants a Sac Sword to the point where I should save it/level it up for someone else, or toss it into the refinement machine? Same question for Stringless, which I just pulled a second copy of.

Thanks for the heads up! I'd forgotten about the crystal refund since I've only gotten it so far by using other crystals in bulk.

As for your questions - Sac Sword is BiS for XQ Support, Kaeya Support and Qiqi Support. Made obsolete for Bennett Support by Festering Desire, Favonius Sword, and the 5* options, but not bad at all if you have FD on another character. Stringless is BiS for Venti Support, Fischl Support, and Amber Support, 2nd best for Venti DPS, 3rd best for Diona support.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I did enjoy doing the event about 12 times with a team of friends consisting of 3 Klees and 1 Bennet. We even had one attempt where the flower spawned with NO shield and it died in like 25 seconds.

But yeah the main reason people shy away from Co Op is likely because WL7 4 player damage is tuned way too high. Not sure why they need to make those rapid AoEs at the beginning do 13k+ dmg. All that aside, the event was/is fun, and best of all it cost NO resin. Still sad that the post-stat screen is so, for lack of a better word, casually implemented. It's fun seeing my total damage dealt and would be fun to see how I stack up with other Klees, but I can't even see my DPS if I manage to deliver the "coup de grace".

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a time limit for giving the Stormoculous crystals to the tree? Its event guidelines don't mention a cutoff date.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
beating up the flower with friends is great fun but considering how much damage it can do playing co-op matchmaking roulette sounds...bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heran Bago posted:

Is there a time limit for giving the Stormoculous crystals to the tree? Its event guidelines don't mention a cutoff date.

Likely not, it's with us to stay like the statues of Seven.