Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Marcade posted:

It's via wifi and removing the SD card so it has to go to system memory still shows about 90 minutes for approx 750mb

It's definitely something on your end, though I'm stumped as to what. I just downloaded Legend of Heroes 3 and that took about 20 minutes for a 30 GB game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I only play my Switch in handheld mode and it makes Galaxy an absolute frustration to play, since you have to use the touchscreen to do everything like select worlds and gather star bits. It's why I haven't really played any of Galaxy on the 3D All Stars collection despite liking it. It's a really stupid decision especially after releasing the Switch Lite, I know that it's a challenge to try and figure out a way to do motion stuff in handheld but I feel like there had to be a better solution than this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I only play my Switch in handheld mode and it makes Galaxy an absolute frustration to play, since you have to use the touchscreen to do everything like select worlds and gather star bits. It's why I haven't really played any of Galaxy on the 3D All Stars collection despite liking it. It's a really stupid decision especially after releasing the Switch Lite, I know that it's a challenge to try and figure out a way to do motion stuff in handheld but I feel like there had to be a better solution than this.

They should have an option to do the same motions as when playing docked. I don’t see why that wouldn’t work when playing handheld either.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
So far this New Years sale is UK only? Are they gonna open this up to NA or do they keep certain sales regional?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is that crab wearing a hat?

I'm chilling right now changing up between Nuclear Throne, Robot Named Fight, and Dead Cells. I think I'm hampering my progress by not sticking with only one, but it can get a bit frustrating, let alone, repetitive to just keep restarting constantly and doing the same things over and over, so I like to switch.

I guess Hades doesn't present this problem?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

hobbez posted:

So far this New Years sale is UK only? Are they gonna open this up to NA or do they keep certain sales regional?

FWIW the recent Game Awards sale was completely absent in Europe, so there's definitely regional differences.

Of course, with the various eShops being available region-free now, it's not a huge deal. (just have to change your account's location or create a secondary account, and possibly acquire appropriate eShop funds if your payment method isn't accepted)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm chilling right now changing up between Nuclear Throne, Robot Named Fight, and Dead Cells. I think I'm hampering my progress by not sticking with only one, but it can get a bit frustrating, let alone, repetitive to just keep restarting constantly and doing the same things over and over, so I like to switch.

No because playing Hades just makes you want to play more Hades.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah, I took off the right joycon and popped the left one out just enough for the switch to detect them both being out so I could actually finish the bubble stages

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Walla posted:

It's definitely something on your end, though I'm stumped as to what. I just downloaded Legend of Heroes 3 and that took about 20 minutes for a 30 GB game.

Yeah, it must be something between my wifi and the switch itself. Oh well, at least it works somewhat.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm playing Sunshine with a gamecube controller through the official adapter. I had heard they updated the game to work properly with one now, but for some reason the game refuses to let me talk to people on gcc. When I press A it simply jumps. Pressing A on the pro controller lets me talk to people normally. Is this a known problem? has anyone else had this?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hades sort of does, but it makes you want to keep playing because the story accounts for you failing or succeeding in various ways. It makes you want to keep doing one more run.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'm playing Sunshine with a gamecube controller through the official adapter. I had heard they updated the game to work properly with one now, but for some reason the game refuses to let me talk to people on gcc. When I press A it simply jumps. Pressing A on the pro controller lets me talk to people normally. Is this a known problem? has anyone else had this?

oh my loving god, I just realized even though the game visually says PRESS A i have to press B on the GCC. lol

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Forager feels like a super streamlined concentrated version of games like Stardew Valley and it has me in it's grasp. Number go up!

A short hike was a good time, but I think I'm pretty much done except for the fishing. Sweet little game.

I also grabbed dicey dungeons but the very first run kicked my rear end, give me sixes goddammit my 4 bumps and repeatable poison attack strat doesn't work if I don't have a six to generate new dice with! I think this game's got it's claws in me too.

Finally I picked up Oneiros in the sale having never heard of it. Some kind of escape room game I think, has mostly good reviews from what I can see. haven't played it yet though.

Marcade posted:

Yeah, it must be something between my wifi and the switch itself. Oh well, at least it works somewhat.

Did you try all the usual troubleshooting stuff like power cycling the router and powering the switch all the way off?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The wifi hardware in Switch sucks major poo poo and just doesn’t work well with some routers.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I bought Dogurai for 90% off so it was 75 cents in Australian money. It’s a Gameboy-aping retro platformer

Worth about what I paid for it

I also got Captain Toad in the sale for some puzzling fun

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxRI4uO3Dtc

This popped in my feed. A pretty good 5 min watch for Mario fans.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

SeANMcBAY posted:

The wifi hardware in Switch sucks major poo poo and just doesn’t work well with some routers.
Yeah but in my experience if it was working fine before and you haven't made any changes to the network it's usually a good idea to try turning everything on and off again. I've had weird wifi issues that I could only solve by powering my switch down fully via the power menu before.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Just to confirm something, the Asian physical version of FFX/2 has Japanese audio with English subs but the American version does not?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Phoenotopia holy smokes

Grab your best headphones and crank em

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Morter posted:

What I mean is, is there a way to play either of the two games on the Switch or some easy-to-obtain (legal) method?
No :( (not that I know of)

Might as well ask since we're talking about pinball, any fake pinball games people like on Switch? Not the Zen Pinball fake tables (could never get into them) but I remember a few others like adventure games but...controlled by pinball gameplay?

External Organs posted:

This game looks ridiculous. :wow:
If you're ok with crazy looking shmups with mecha check out Astebreed, I think it's still on sale. Or just spaceship games in the form of mecha, there's Strike Suit Zero and Project Nimbus, although from what I can tell the former is more spaceshippy while the later is more mecha-y...that'll probably make more sense if you watch some videos.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

What’s the deal with playing with the disconnected Joycons — is that worth trying? So far I’ve been using them attached to the controller shell thing, or using a pro controller.
They are comfy for lazy gaming, just have your arms laid out wherever. And nice for gyro aiming as mentioned.

I feel like the reception on mine have gotten worse lately though :(, or more likely just cause I moved and am playing in different setups now. Been tempted to move crap around just for improved joycon reception, that and just make the Switch close so it's more convenient to change carts if necessary.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Mr Phillby posted:

Did you try all the usual troubleshooting stuff like power cycling the router and powering the switch all the way off?

Yep. I would just put it down to bad connection except when I do the connection test it is always between 11 and 14 Mbps down / 8 to 10 Mbps up

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can shake the pro controller. There are some motions you can’t do but they’re all for things that aren’t really necessary.

You really can do everything

I 100%ed Odyssey with only a pro

I may have cheesed the volleyball with p2 though...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shammypants posted:

Same, and Amazon has confirmed to me they will honor it. My Metroid Prime 4 one went in August 25, 2018 and my Bayonetta 3 one went in December 16, 2017. They'll keep pushing back the dates until it comes out.

With my luck.... Metroid Prime 4 will simultaneously launch of the Switch and whatever the successor is to the Switch like they did with BOTW. Then I'll have to pick between canceling my Switch preorder at 20% off or paying full price for next gen.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

japtor posted:

Might as well ask since we're talking about pinball, any fake pinball games people like on Switch? Not the Zen Pinball fake tables (could never get into them) but I remember a few others like adventure games but...controlled by pinball gameplay?

have you already played yoku's island express?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Bloop posted:

I 100%ed Odyssey with only a pro

Can I ask how you beat the 4th snow bounce race?

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Any recommendations for games in the NA sale? I like point-and-click games so I think I’ll get Syberia and maybe Super Meat Boy, but I’m open to anything relatively beginner-friendly. Only games I have are Tetris 99 and Doom 64 right now.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

b_d posted:

have you already played yoku's island express?
Haven’t but yeah that’s one of the ones I was thinking of. There was another that I think was kinda like a dungeon crawler and you batted a ball around or something? I feel like there might’ve been two kinda like that, like one more fixed pinball style rooms and the other had a guy and sword (and ball).

And now I’m remembering Odama, I don’t think I ever got it but was tempted cause iirc it was compatible with the DK Bongos.

...and now I’m wondering if the bongos could be remapped to work with Taiko now (the system button remap wasn’t an option when it originally came out).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

nitsuga posted:

Any recommendations for games in the NA sale? I like point-and-click games so I think I’ll get Syberia and maybe Super Meat Boy, but I’m open to anything relatively beginner-friendly. Only games I have are Tetris 99 and Doom 64 right now.

If you like games as Art and magical realism then give Kentucky Route Zero a try.

Rainswept is a simple adventure game about a detective brought in on a murder-suicide case and drawing parallels to a tragic event from his past.

Not sure if either are in the current sale, but they're relatively cheap anyway.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I can't remember if Demon's Tilt is on Switch, but it's good.

Also I would pay ten bucks for Demon's Crush on Switch just putting that out there.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Just a warning for the people playing the FFX FFX-2 remaster. There is a point where if you go back to the starting area, you have to fight a very difficult boss

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Just a warning for the people playing FFX/X-2 Remaster: the scene where Tidus laughs is as cringe as everyone says it is, if not moreso. If anyone is around you when it happens they will immediately lose respect for you.

Source: my dad was watching me play the original when I was 14 and basically told me that I should stop playing videogames forever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

my dad was watching me play the original when I was 14 and basically told me that I should stop playing videogames forever.

If only we’d all had this advice

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just a warning for the people playing FFX/X-2 Remaster: the scene where Tidus laughs is as cringe as everyone says it is, if not moreso. If anyone is around you when it happens they will immediately lose respect for you.

Source: my dad was watching me play the original when I was 14 and basically told me that I should stop playing videogames forever.

Man, the whole scene is supposed to be goofy and I will defend it!
It's about releasing your emotions and breaking tension by being a silly goose!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Should have told him "Your parenting has helped to lead me on this path"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Squenix loves their bloated unnecessary prequels and sequels. Give me FFX (minus) 1 about Jecht, Auron, and Braska

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

I can't remember if Demon's Tilt is on Switch, but it's good.

Also I would pay ten bucks for Demon's Crush on Switch just putting that out there.

Demon’s Tilt is on Switch.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Inzombiac posted:

It's still incredibly dumb and the worst possible way to convey that.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Midjack posted:

Demon’s Tilt is on Switch.
And it’s on sale!

Now I want a port of the Pro Pinball games. Looks like the devs are still around (they did Metroid and Mario pinball way back too) but the last time they touched it seems to be the Kickstarter that barely cleared a few years ago.

Edit: going through the sale list this title caught my eye, Chinese Parents

japtor fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 2, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inzombiac posted:

Then it should really have actual emotion put into it instead whatever... that was... :yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Phoenotopia holy smokes

Grab your best headphones and crank em

:discourse: