Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Fischl's constellations are mostly bad except C3 (just +3 levels to Oz) and C6 (crazy strong).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Yeah but it gets you closer to Fish c6 which is the real bee's knees.

honestly wouldn't know how to rate her C6 vs Xiangling's C4, but Xiangling is one step closer to her goal in the comparison (even if she'd also love C6). ultimately i think the glitter shop is best used to obtain new characters outright or hit a significant C# without planning ahead for random gacha rolls, which is why buying either of them at those levels seems bad to me.

apparently i left out that part from when i was first thinking my post up, lol

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The boss of this event is really killing any desire to play the game for me. In coop I constantly get bad teams, I can do it solo but it's an unfun 9.5 minute fight where I go through 20 food items every time. :(

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The boss of this event is really killing any desire to play the game for me. In coop I constantly get bad teams, I can do it solo but it's an unfun 9.5 minute fight where I go through 20 food items every time. :(

You might have some luck asking for help in the goon discord server, the average skill level is....hopefully...better than randoms :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I hope you're all using cryo resist potions, it's made my life easier for sure

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I finished the event today and I had some poo poo co op teams that’s for drat sure.

Overall it wasn’t too bad but I wish we had more time to finish it so I didn’t feel like I needed to grind it out so quickly.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Doing co op on the Cyrovine, and so many people have diluc

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Even when using amber? I cant see how its taking more than 3 minutes unless you are getting stuck with recharging shields and failing to do damage when that happens

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Don't stress too much on the thought of C6 being a "waste" of gacha rolls unless you're planning on mega-whaling and buying a jillion of them
Like, is it better to have a C6 fischl to play with on your team now, or to have 15% increased primogem efficiency on some future banner that might be months or years away?
Plus, If you have C6 now then you won't have to roll on that imaginary future fischl banner.

That's a good point; since Fischl is on the current banner (that I don't plan to roll more on) it'll be quite a while until I'm likely to get her from any banner.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm lucky I had like 60 Adepus' Temptations + 40-50 shield buffing foods because I'm probably going to go through at least 1/3 of them doing this event. I feel like this would be even more of a pain without Geo shields (which at least give me a slight delay before I start getting killed).

Regular healing food is the biggest problem, though at least I realized pretty quickly that you have enough time to eat food while in the shields during the boss.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 2, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Finally cleared out all of the shops, so I decided to bite the bullet and do the WL6 ascension quest (I hit 45 a week before the event started so I didn't want to screw myself for the boss). Clearing that, I went straight from 45 to a third of the way thru 49. Whoops...at least 50 is another quest locked upgrade.

Now my only problem is going to be keeping my focus on finishing artifacts for my carries (XL and Tartaglia, they both have mediocre gear at best) before building the C1 Keqing I got off the standard banner.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Even when using amber? I cant see how its taking more than 3 minutes unless you are getting stuck with recharging shields and failing to do damage when that happens

I've tried using her, but the aoe phase ends really fast so I almost never get any shots off with her anyway. It doesn't help that I'm on PS4 so I'm stuck using a controller which is just awful for aimed shots.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I've tried using her, but the aoe phase ends really fast so I almost never get any shots off with her anyway. It doesn't help that I'm on PS4 so I'm stuck using a controller which is just awful for aimed shots.

I am using a controller on PC, basically I hit the shielded area and immediately am switching to amber and getting her charged shot up. You should figure out where to set your shot after a few tries because it does the same position every time. I can usually get the head weakspot in one cycle, but if you don't you really just have to wait less than a minute for your run to the next shielded area and then you will get another try with Amber. But, yeah, goons should be a great help. I was doing it fairly quickly by myself, but once I got a good group going in random coop (Mona, Klee, Bennett, Keqing) we were getting close to 1 cycling it most times.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Tsyni posted:

I am using a controller on PC, basically I hit the shielded area and immediately am switching to amber and getting her charged shot up. You should figure out where to set your shot after a few tries because it does the same position every time. I can usually get the head weakspot in one cycle, but if you don't you really just have to wait less than a minute for your run to the next shielded area and then you will get another try with Amber. But, yeah, goons should be a great help. I was doing it fairly quickly by myself, but once I got a good group going in random coop (Mona, Klee, Bennett, Keqing) we were getting close to 1 cycling it most times.

I tried this again and everything went wrong. I'm just going to give up on this event, the last run gave me a stress migraine and made me vomit.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks for the advice all!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So I finally got Chongyun up to Good Boy Carry status but my problem is I only have one Good Boy Carry Claymore (Prototype Animus) and Diluc uses it.

For other claymores I have a 4xrefined Favonius Greatsword, 3xSacrificial, and the new Snow-Tombed one. So I have nothing with an offensive substat.

Right now I have him using Debate Club, I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the BP Weapon which has Crit Rate and make up for it with ATK% on the circlet. I guess we aren't going to see the Royal weapons for a while?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Araganzar posted:

So I finally got Chongyun up to Good Boy Carry status but my problem is I only have one Good Boy Carry Claymore (Prototype Animus) and Diluc uses it.

For other claymores I have a 4xrefined Favonius Greatsword, 3xSacrificial, and the new Snow-Tombed one. So I have nothing with an offensive substat.

Right now I have him using Debate Club, I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the BP Weapon which has Crit Rate and make up for it with ATK% on the circlet. I guess we aren't going to see the Royal weapons for a while?

Serpent Spine with CRIT DMG hat 4lyfe

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I haven't gotten to try it out yet but I'm curious: would Albedo's elevator let people get into range of the cryovine core when it's on the head?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, generally speaking i wouldn't see a need to double up on atk with sands and hat, crit% weapons are supposed to give you the opportunity to roll some crit% substats and then go all-in on a cdmg hat. Spine is also a better sword than Royal, though the latter should be back in the shop next month unless they totally rework the glitter shop selection.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I haven't gotten to try it out yet but I'm curious: would Albedo's elevator let people get into range of the cryovine core when it's on the head?

Haven't tested this one myself but considering his luck in other areas, I'm gonna bet that it just shatters in the cold when you try to deploy it.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Would probably work if the skill actually loving worked right against bosses. As it is the elevator thing just disappears right away.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So I'm mostly free 2 play outside of battlepass and welkin blessing. One month ago, I pulled Jean and Skyward Blade in 2 consecutive pulls on the standard banner.

Today I figure I'll level all my 1's up to 20 for the wishes. Haven't made any on the banner since the start of 1.2 with the free wishes for existing ascended characters, so maybe 20 total. Just now I pulled Wolf's Gravestone followed directly by Keqing :getin:

It's perfectly 100% fine to hate the poo poo out of me. If only the wish history tab updated faster :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Framboise posted:

Would probably work if the skill actually loving worked right against bosses. As it is the elevator thing just disappears right away.

I did notice if you center the AoE on the Cryovine the whole thing just kind of fizzles because the center platform can't exist under the boss. I was having to put it off a bit to the side while doing the quest version of the fight. I may try to test this in a bit because it'd be hilarious if I can elevator Diluc up to the flower's stupid face.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I don't have Albedo but Zhongli's stele is tall enough! It has limited hp though and if it's too close to the vine it breaks pretty quickly to all the melee attacks.
I've only used it on the normal pyrovine, but I don't think the event boss has different height or whatever.

Framboise posted:

Every geo construct does that if it spawns "inside" a boss. You have to just place it far enough back that it's not touching them but still in range.

Smettbo
Sep 18, 2008

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I tried this again and everything went wrong. I'm just going to give up on this event, the last run gave me a stress migraine and made me vomit.

Seconding the suggestion to ask for help in the goon discord. Good people in there.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is there a future updates roadmap or anything? I googled but I just got 'golly gee, I sure would like to see this stuff in it' articles.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lantern fest is in February, Google genshin roadmap

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Trip Report: It does sort of reach the cryovine's head but the platform is so small and the cryovine is so wobbly that it's not very practical to try to use much. That said Albedo is still Albedo so he's still adding a lot of free damage to a party and also proccing lots of crystallize shields to mitigate Whopperflower Hell. I took him into co-op with good success.

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

Any particular tips for floor 11, or 11-2 specifically? I've had trouble with 11 before the new rotation, too.

I'm just not sure how to protect the monument from both melee and range enemies. I also find it really hard to survive 11-1 side one with the Hydro mage floating around.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Yeah, I got wrecked when I tried this also. I think the only reason I'm doing okay is that I have Zhongli and his shield to protect me from minor mistakes causing wipes.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
What do you get past C6 for a character? I’m also thinking about getting the last one for Fischel. I just unexpectedly got a second Jean and now have enough, but I’m unsure.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

LorneReams posted:

What do you get past C6 for a character? I’m also thinking about getting the last one for Fischel. I just unexpectedly got a second Jean and now have enough, but I’m unsure.

5 starglitter for a 4*, 8 for a 5*.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bussamove posted:

5 starglitter for a 4*, 8 for a 5*.

Yeah it’s whack.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
That’s such poo poo. That needs to be adjusted.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

5* should be 10 for dupes and 25 once C6, according to what i'm finding

i'm at least fairly sure my 5* dupes were 10

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

dogsicle posted:

5* should be 10 for dupes and 25 once C6, according to what i'm finding

i'm at least fairly sure my 5* dupes were 10

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's 5 for 4* and 10 for 5*

e: Which is still not nearly enough imo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LorneReams posted:

That’s such poo poo. That needs to be adjusted.

Yeah it’s like only one of the negatives I have about the game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

At the very least it should be enough to buy the 4* from the monthly shop.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It works, yes. You can also stand on the Albedovator and hit things in the Venti vortex, or elevate yourself so Abyss Mage shots miss you as you shoot their shields. It's not perfect though because the elevator eventually lowers itself if you stand on it too long. A stele from Zhongli is annoying to place and climb but it stays put for the full duration.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

As mentioned, make cryo potions and bring Amber. My amber is lv 20, (as opposed to my Klee, who is 80 and did the lions share of the work, but amber was equally useful.) I took my good bow and artifacts off Fishl and loaned them to Amber for the event. Don't do co-op because you'll get weird lag deaths or no one will bring a healer. It's a sucky slog but I got it down to 4-5 minutes per clear, I almost never needed food or a revive unless Amber got caught out and died instantly cuz she has like 20 HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they definitely could stand to increase starglitter gain, but then i just think about how little in the shop is particularly appealing any given month. it's basically just the character, and then they give the opportunity to get R1-3 of a weapon with one weapon that kinda sucks (Royal) or one that you're buying for its rare substat and not the refine effect (Blackcliff). otherwise it just nets you more rolls for more glitter/dust or things you can and should just be farming in the overworld.