Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Bucnasti posted:

Don Johnson, Michael J Fox, but I'm not sure who the third guy is supposed to be.

Going from the subtle clue in his word balloon, it could be Sam J Jones who was Flash Gordon in Flash Gordon. He was bleach blonde in the movie, but his actual hair colour is dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it honestly looks like an evil Clark Kent to me.

Edit: I bet it's Michael Nouri from Flashdance

Looks like Bruce Wayne to me.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

TwoPair posted:

That last text bubble looks photoshopped but even if it's not, I got a good chuckle out of this guy just falling out a window as an exit

All the text bubbles are photoshopped, it's a fan translation.

Although, the artist for Kengan Omega, Daromeon, speaks english, so that might be the only original bubble. He's done stuff like that before.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Atomic Comics #4 (1946)

Strange Tales #85 (1961)

Spidey Super Stories #22 (1977)

The Impossible Man Summer Vacation Spectacular! #2 (1991)

Web of Spider-Man #3 (2010)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I appreciate that Ka-Zar panel relying on knowing how to pronounce his name properly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I appreciate that Ka-Zar panel relying on knowing how to pronounce his name properly

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
That's from Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #10 if you're interested.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's some real John Byrne energy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #22 (1977)

What I wouldn't give for a laminated giant poster of this panel.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"It's Spider-Man!"

No no, I am legally distinct Spiderman, no hyphen.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

"It's Spider-Man!"

No no, I am legally distinct Spiderman, no hyphen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ml-I3QwNLY

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if it's that dang important then get your own bathysphere, rear end in a top hat.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Although Chandler is somewhat wrong because occupations can be pronounced that way. Like if I want a pothole fixed in my street I don't shine a signal in the sky to alert Council-Man, I ring up my councilman.

And since a lot of surnames come from occupations, it's just a matter of time. After several generations his family would be known as the Spidermans.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lobok posted:

Although Chandler is somewhat wrong because occupations can be pronounced that way. Like if I want a pothole fixed in my street I don't shine a signal in the sky to alert Council-Man, I ring up my councilman.

Well now I know what character I'll be playing in my next Mutants & Masterminds game.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lobok posted:

And since a lot of surnames come from occupations, it's just a matter of time. After several generations his family would be known as the Spidermans.

"Have you or a loved one been injured in an unnecessary and convoluted crossover event and no longer able to pay your bills? Call the law firm of Spiderman, Spiderman and Osborn. We'll find your justice and get you back, :clap: into the swing of things!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, it honestly looks like an evil Clark Kent to me.

Edit: I bet it's Michael Nouri from Flashdance

To drag this backup, it might be Patrick Duffy. He was very popular and tv famous at the time.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Each of those cameos had puns in their dialogue about their work, and that dude's was "flashy." Barring an actual The Flash series from that era, I'm gonna go with Flashdance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dareon posted:

Each of those cameos had puns in their dialogue about their work, and that dude's was "flashy." Barring an actual The Flash series from that era, I'm gonna go with Flashdance.

Yeah, that was my thought. When someone else mentioned John Travolta I Googled to double check if maybe he was in Flashdance and saw that picture and figured it had to be Nouri.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 1, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm really curious, im gonna track down MD/Doc Bright on social media and ask.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I do kinda like the idea that celebrities in the Marvel Universe speak in self-referential puns.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

That's some real John Byrne energy.

:confused:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Byrne has written no less than 500000 words on the subject of how you are an idiot of you have ever excluded the hyphen.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Rhyno posted:

Byrne has written no less than 500000 words on the subject of how you are an idiot of you have ever excluded the hyphen.

also manage to somehow use the N-word in a discussion of the term "bubble" vs "balloon"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FoneBone posted:

also manage to somehow use the N-word in a discussion of the term "bubble" vs "balloon"

Is there a german word for desperately wanting more context and being very happy you don't have it at the same time?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skwirl posted:

Is there a german word for desperately wanting more context and being very happy you don't have it at the same time?

If you want to know but don't want to know, you really don't want to know.

Can't recall where I first heard that, but I find it a good rule to live my.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Heimsteckt

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 13 (1999)

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #5 (2011)

Alpha: Big Time #2 (2013)

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #7 (2017)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Artist: "Hmm. The Marvel Universe's Death has traditionally been female, but the old 'skeleton in a hooded robe' look doesn't really communicate that clearly. Wait, I know -- !"

It looks like a rejected alternate costume for Raven. Plus the combination of the decolletage and the ruffles on the edge of the hood feels vaguely French maid-ish.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's clearly the daughter of Skeletor and Evil-lyn

Darthemed posted:

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 13 (1999)

Also this arc was great. They try a whole bunch of different poo poo to get rid of it, including trying to depower it by getting him to 'wink' with his stomach

And Akane being dense as poo poo with not recognising P-Chan is Ryoga.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 2, 2021

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Death got some abs.

Why does Death got some abs?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Business on top, party on the bottom.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grendels Dad posted:

Death got some abs.

Death fucks

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Death got some abs.

Do you realize how much reaping souls burns in calories. I mean, some of them are runners.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

Artist: "Hmm. The Marvel Universe's Death has traditionally been female, but the old 'skeleton in a hooded robe' look doesn't really communicate that clearly. Wait, I know -- !"

It looks like a rejected alternate costume for Raven. Plus the combination of the decolletage and the ruffles on the edge of the hood feels vaguely French maid-ish.

Hey, Death's a strong independent abstract concept who don't need your opinion when she changes her look

Toshimo posted:

Death fucks

"God, I wish"

-Thanos

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

TwoPair posted:

Hey, Death's a strong independent abstract concept who don't need your opinion when she changes her look

"God, I wish"

-Thanos

Death fucks Deadpool.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's not the baps or the abs or the dress that would make anyone think "wait, that's NOT death!!", it's the knee-lift that makes it look like Sailor Moon.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, it looks like the artist Googled Storm panels, drew a skull instead of her face and let the colorist handle the rest.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #14 (1942)

The Thing #6 (1953)

Fantastic Four #34 (1965)

The Amazing Spider-Man #201 (1980)

Spider-Man Team-Up #5 (1997)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

She puts the abs in abstract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why would death not give herself abs