Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ehud posted:

has anyone noticed a trend of once careful people suddenly acting like loving idiots sitting at restaurants and stuff
Trend?

As soon as restaurants were allowed to have people eat inside the parking lots were packed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

D-LINK posted:

1. sincere posting
2. empathy posting
3. drunk posting
4. fakeposting
5. irony posting
6. lunch posting
7. troll posting
8. mad about politics posting
9. pet posting
10. meta posting
11. chat posting

That's already more than I was expecting carnale

Ska posting
Punk posting
Metal posting
Skating rink hits of the 90s posting

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

CannonFodder posted:

Trend?

As soon as restaurants were allowed to have people eat inside the parking lots were packed.

I think he means the folks who would still avoid restaurants now showing up, not the "I don't care if someone else dies, I need a haircut" types.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yeah, it's like people who were taking it seriously who have suddenly started being careless.

I don't know if it's pandemic fatigue or what.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Yeah I think this is a real thing. I mean you've made it this far without getting sick right? Ain't like the government is giving you clear signals about what to do. People you know have been going out and getting away with it.

Just happens that now is the worst time for that attitude and oh yeah we've got an even more effective version of the virus about to/already hitting the nation and that vaccine bit isn't happening for many people and...yeah it's just very unfortunate.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ehud posted:

I think it's a combination of that and the news that a vaccine is out. Large number of folks are just done with it (and I totally understand that feeling), with a portion hearing about the vaccine rolling out but not understanding that it requires a large number of people over months.

I've been pondering this for a while now. Do you think we'll ever get back to a pre-pandemic state or are we just stuck now with this anxiety of the person next to you being a plague vector going on in perpetuity?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Pretty unconvincing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I think this is a real thing. I mean you've made it this far without getting sick right? Ain't like the government is giving you clear signals about what to do. People you know have been going out and getting away with it.

Just happens that now is the worst time for that attitude and oh yeah we've got an even more effective version of the virus about to/already hitting the nation and that vaccine bit isn't happening for many people and...yeah it's just very unfortunate.

On one hand, I get it. I miss normal life just like everyone else.

But on the other hand, I know full well that sitting for 45 mins at a restaurant without a mask while I eat is maybe the single dumbest thing I can do right now and my actions could result in:

somebody getting really sick
somebody ending up on a ventilator
somebody ending up with long-term health issues
somebody dying
somebody losing their loved one

not to mention a continued strain on all of the medical staff who have to deal with this poo poo.

I dunno, it's just baffling to me why people can't make such basic, responsible decisions.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mitch better have my money!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1345427367670513668

:woop:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ehud posted:

But on the other hand, I know full well that sitting for 45 mins at a restaurant without a mask while I eat is maybe the single dumbest thing I can do right now and my actions could result in:

somebody dying

not to mention a continued strain on all of the medical staff who have to deal with this poo poo.

I dunno, it's just baffling to me why people can't make such basic, responsible decisions.

I drove through Missouri the other week and the main thing I noticed as I was passing through the St. Louis burbs was how many restaurants’ parking lots were jam-packed. It looked like they were fitting as many people as possible into their Red Lobsters and Olive Gardens. It was so jarring compared to home where it’s mostly outdoor dining and take out.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I've been pondering this for a while now. Do you think we'll ever get back to a pre-pandemic state or are we just stuck now with this anxiety of the person next to you being a plague vector going on in perpetuity?

I'm coming out of this with a poo poo ton of trust issues. I don't believe that the majority of people can be trusted to do the right thing without being forced. Trust no one.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

CannonFodder posted:

Trend?

Yeah. My personal favorite is the “outdoor” restaurant seating that is basically a completely sealed tent... aka basically indoors with no air flow...

P.S. I love boobies, D-Links new av is much better

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

somebody dying

Have you considered, instead, this article from realhealthnews.biz that says covid is just a vitamin d deficiency

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Braksgirl posted:

I'm coming out of this with a poo poo ton of trust issues. I don't believe that the majority of people can be trusted to do the right thing without being forced. Trust no one.

I can definitely see that. I wonder if I'll ever be comfortable going to a game or other huge event in the future without worrying I'm going to infect/kill my parents.

Keep those vaccines rolling, I guess.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spoeank posted:

Have you considered, instead, this article from realhealthnews.biz that says covid is just a vitamin d deficiency

I have found that takeourcountryba.cx has the inside scoop on showing the world the true depths that people will go to .

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Watched North by Northwest last night. As iconic a scene as it is, trying to run someone over with a crop duster is an incredibly inefficient way of trying to kill someone.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Spoeank posted:

I’m amazed at how many normally intelligent people get sucked in by these bullshit sites. I have a friend, her parents are both retired rocket scientists, and they are constantly sending her conspiracy theory websites about COVID-19. She sends actual legit things back and they just get brushed aside.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

waah posted:

D-Link's Av could get the D.

So yes horny posting is mandatory and

Since I imagine people look like their avs I hope this doesn't awaken something in me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Since I imagine people look like their avs I hope this does awaken something in me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0fkNdPiIL4

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

Watched North by Northwest last night. As iconic a scene as it is, trying to run someone over with a crop duster is an incredibly inefficient way of trying to kill someone.
If the crop duster dropped a load of pesticide right in someone's face that could kill. I've been driving truck and got hit by crop duster pesticide and purple monkey dishwasher

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

https://twitter.com/postpolitics/status/1345432139739885569?s=20

Love to rip and tear at the fabric of our democracy because we lost!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m amazed at how many normally intelligent people get sucked in by these bullshit sites. I have a friend, her parents are both retired rocket scientists, and they are constantly sending her conspiracy theory websites about COVID-19. She sends actual legit things back and they just get brushed aside.

My ex treated natural news like it was the end all and be all of health information

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

It’s especially fascinating because the GOP has basically already won.

They got their Supreme Court and Biden is a pro-imperialism austerity candidate.

It doesn’t make sense to put up such a stink for the marginal difference between a Biden and Trump presidency... unless they think Georgia is going to be a worst case scenario for them?

You’d think they’d save that chit for a different election.

Probably just virtue signaling to their base that they stood with TRUMP.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CannonFodder posted:

If the crop duster dropped a load of pesticide right in someone's face that could kill. I've been driving truck and got hit by crop duster pesticide and purple monkey dishwasher

Yeah, that happens too but Cary Grant seemed relatively fine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It's 100% this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

It doesn’t make sense to put up such a stink for the marginal difference between a Biden and Trump presidency... unless they think Georgia is going to be a worst case scenario for them?

Even in the worst case scenario it's a 50/50 split with a center right president and a bunch of blue senators who are more than happy to vote against anything vaguely leftist

Republicans have been incredibly successful in shifting the overton window and the democratic party has been more than happy to help them do so by continually shifting to the right with them

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

swickles posted:

New rule for 2021, only Sea Lab memes allowed for the year.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ding ding we have a winner.

It's signaling to the Trump base.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Freaquency posted:

Goddamn I wish we had ran someone who actually wanted to run against Johnson last time

I also can't get over how big of a bitch Cruz is. Dude accused your Dad of shooting JFK, the gently caress...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bird in a Blender posted:

I have a friend on Facebook who I thought was smart but it turns out he really isn't.

He really, really isn't. He's just bright and enthusiastic and loves to unflinchingly repeat anything someone tells him that reinforces his preconceived notions.

He told me the Patriot act was ready on 09/12/2001. His brother told him that and he never looked it up. He also told me about how the American flag secretly invokes the east India trading company and that it's hidden from history. The fact that it invokes the EITC flag is literally in the Wikipedia entry for the American flag.

They just repeat things from people they think they should trust. They just pick and choose things that sound good for their narrative and assume everyone else does the same thing. So instead of fact vs fiction, they see it as dueling rhetoric.

It sucks because I've given up on chud arguing and stuff because that gets me nothing but aggravation but I consider this guy my friend and it's hard to just give up on him. I hope he gets covid--and ends up okay--to see how cavalier he's being.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Upload on Prime Video is kinda entertaining. Easy to watch, 30 minute episodes, only one season so far. The premise is basically the San Junipero Black Mirror episode, but what if it was ran in a late stage capitalism world like in Sorry to Bother You or Idiocracy. It's by the Office's creator and is in theory a comedy - although when it's not doing satire the humor tends to be a little too goofy for my tastes. On the whole I'd still recommend it. A second season has been confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZfZj2bn_xg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Upload on Prime Video is kinda entertaining. Easy to watch, 30 minute episodes, only one season so far. The premise is basically the San Junipero Black Mirror episode, but what if it was ran in a late stage capitalism world like in Sorry to Bother You or Idiocracy. It's by the Office's creator and is in theory a comedy - although when it's not doing satire the humor tends to be a little too goofy for my tastes. On the whole I'd still recommend it. A second season has been confirmed.

Yeah that was good.

Six episodes into Cobra Kai and we took a break to watch Wonder Woman 1984.

It is....not nearly as good.

Cobra Kai season 3 kicks so much rear end so far.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

There's a scifi story that starts with a fast food worker in Raleigh NC getting hooked up to an AI management system that usually just gives the regular "hey make a burger" stuff but gets specialized to the point of "Take two steps to the grill. Use your right hand to pick up a burger patty. With your right hand, place the burger patty on the grill." The US eventually turns into an economic police state but the fast food guy gets to evac to Australia where a cyber utopia was built. He gets to upload his mind to a Matrix like thing while his body will be maintained by the cloud to where he uploaded his conciousness.

Difference here is the dude wasn't about to die in an ER.

also someone here suggested "March comes in like a lion" and I have to thank them.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 2, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

good suggestions for fun 2 player computer games for the gf and i?

not overcooked

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked
Hot seat War In The Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked

Whichever lego game is based on a film you both like.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

Thank you exactly what she was looking for.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

I’m watching Grey Hunter do his third day-by-day play through of that thing and it loving boggles my mind. And I say this as someone who loves some grog insane war games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

FizFashizzle posted:

not overcooked

Satisfactory multi-player.

A little buggy but you'll both have spreadsheets of optimal efficiency in no time.