Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No Wave posted:

Ouch. Kind of. Refinement 4 fav sword on Bennett sounds kind of amazing tbh. I have a rank 5 Favonious Lance on Xiangling and it's kind of broken.

Weapon effects don't work off-field right? I was actually thinking Kaeya cuz R4 gets down to 7.5 seconds, and Kaeya's ult is 8, ability plus ult would have a chance at triggering twice but I'm not sure that works.

I'm constantly second guessing what weapons to have on XQ/Bennett. On one hand doubling XQ's nuke ability with Sacrifical is crazy, but using Festering ups the damage reliably and doesn't require adjusting to the proc. But XQ's ult is expensive and can use the extra energy. Using Bennett's ult on cooldown is great, but he also likes weapons with the maxed out attack for getting a higher base. His ability doesn't really care about Sacrificial procs because of how low cooldown it is, but also I'd have to change how I use him if I want to trigger crits.

Anyways all this is to say I already had a 70 and a 50 Sacrificial and feel pretty stupid for not refining whenever the gently caress ago.

edit: top of the page cabbageman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Absolutely put Sac on XQ. The amount of extra energy it gives him is bonkers and refined to I think 3 its CD is the same as his E.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mae posted:

I just got an Amos bow, is it worthwhile for childe or should I still get viridescent hunt?

Unless something changed recently, Amos bow's effect does nothing for Childe's melee form.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

Weapon effects don't work off-field right? I was actually thinking Kaeya cuz R4 gets down to 7.5 seconds, and Kaeya's ult is 8, ability plus ult would have a chance at triggering twice but I'm not sure that works.

I'm constantly second guessing what weapons to have on XQ/Bennett. On one hand doubling XQ's nuke ability with Sacrifical is crazy, but using Festering ups the damage reliably and doesn't require adjusting to the proc. But XQ's ult is expensive and can use the extra energy. Using Bennett's ult on cooldown is great, but he also likes weapons with the maxed out attack for getting a higher base. His ability doesn't really care about Sacrificial procs because of how low cooldown it is, but also I'd have to change how I use him if I want to trigger crits.

Anyways all this is to say I already had a 70 and a 50 Sacrificial and feel pretty stupid for not refining whenever the gently caress ago.

edit: top of the page cabbageman!

Sacrificial is perfect for Xingqiu because he has a 20 second CD and his E hits twice making the CDR trigger fairly reliably. The amount of energy gain that means for him specifically is massive.

Favonious sounds perfect for Kaeya if you're using him as a support, you'll be getting orbs whenever he uses E if you build crit on him. It won't trigger off-field though you are correct.

Festering Desire is basically an ideal weapon for Bennett, the only reason mine doesn't have one is I gave it to Jean. All three of these weapons are well worth leveling to 90 so you don't have to be too concerned about who gets what you can always swap them around later.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 2, 2021

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Of course the phenomenally cursed sword is best on Bennett, of course it is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

padijun posted:

I use the 50 primos for resin and do not regret it. that's 1.5 more useless 5* artifacts per day, instead of a third of a debate club

I was more aiming my advice around people like me who might've picked the game up just because it was free and they'd heard about it and didn't really do much research into it at all. Mainly new-ish players lost on what all the Captial Nouns might mean and which one of them would be the most important.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Here's a few more tips off the top of my head:
  • Early on, focus on leveling one character at a time instead of splitting all your resources evenly. You'll be much stronger with one level 50 than a party of four level 35s. (I've seen some new players make this mistake and end up really weak and unable to handle bosses when their World Level increases).
  • Level your artifacts early! They're a big part of your damage, and once you replace them you can can refund 80% of the xp by using the old artifacts as upgrade fuel so there's no reason to fear "wasting" resources on upgrading the wrong artifacts.
  • Unless you plan on spending tons of money, don't set your mind on one specific character. You have no way to guarantee getting anyone in particular (other than the featured banner character), and it can take thousands of real-life dollars to obtain an off-banner 5*. (If you're just starting and have a LOT of free time, you can try to obtain a specific character by rerolling new accounts until you get them in your first few rolls. )

Hyper Inferno posted:

If you're not sure what you want to spend your resin on early game and don't want to "waste" any, the best things to do are the world bosses (the cubes and the flowers) if you know which characters you want to ascend. The drops from those bosses improve the least as you increase world level and you will need many many drops from them at higher levels anyway.

I'm taking this and adding it to my quote slab, thank you.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 2, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

How do you albedo owners like him? Ganyu's gameplay is looking anti-fun so I'm thinking of triggering my guaranteed rate up pity on this banner. Are you finding that you're running him a lot, or do you have to go out of your way to fit him in?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Wave posted:

How do you albedo owners like him? Ganyu's gameplay is looking anti-fun so I'm thinking of triggering my guaranteed rate up pity on this banner. Are you finding that you're running him a lot, or do you have to go out of your way to fit him in?

Ning is my main dps so he was extremely easy to fit in. He's also very easy to gear since actually wants the DEF stats (and uses a 3* weapon).

He mostly presses E and lots of numbers happen.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

No Wave posted:

Albedo is a very passive support that can fit well on pretty much any team. All you do is throw down your elemental skill and switch to your next support to enjoy the free damage, energy, and shields. If you have a good three-character team, he'll make it even better. If you are using a team that relies on four elements or elemental resonance, then trying to work him in is real awkward.

The elevator is fun to play with, but not any more useful than the Geo MC's meteor.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Tenik posted:

The elevator is fun to play with, but not any more useful than the Geo MC's meteor.

Counterpoint: you don't get stuck climbing the Alevator so it is way better than the meteor.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I mean it’s the kind of issues you’d expect, he doesn’t give shield break coverage and also isn’t a healer. Also his blossoms don’t even spawn against mage shields because they take no damage.

I actually think he makes group comps more interesting. Like stacking em with sucrose for a massive combo or getting away with XQ as your healer. He is definitely a geo carry’s dream battery buddy.

Overall, eh. It’s cool that they made a hard support five star, and he’s got the numbers to justify being one.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The elevator works against the wolf, pretty sure meteors don’t. But it would be really good if you could make fatui ride it into the sky.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i only soft-finalized my Petra Albedo build a day or so ago, so a lot of my overworld experience with him was kinda limited and not the best. it's hard to know where to put him because for most fights he's just a passive damage add, but it's not really a bad thing given how fun it is to see his weird-rear end build dropping AOE crits constantly. burst damage does end up feeling kinda disappointing versus his skill but with other build possibilities using 2pc Noblesse that can probably be offset. or run him with Bennett lol.

but after getting Petra set up i figured i'd throw him in Abyss and he was an absolute blast. i treat him the same as a VV support when building teams so it means i'm not shackled to always having an anemo and needing to fit shield counters in aside from that. though the current floors offer good ability to swirl enemies together for shieldbreaks so you can also go bonkers with a Petra/VV stack. my Bennett and Kaeya stuff is still kind of a mess but Bennett/Kaeya/Albedo/Sucrose was shredding floors faster than my Diluc/XQ/Venti/flex team. stuck dealing with the 11-2 roadblock now, so this is before the big geo% buff though he can still benefit a ton from the cryo crystal damage.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

kater posted:

... Like stacking em with sucrose for a massive combo...

Speaking of Albedo and team comps, I just pulled Sucrose's C6 last night, and want to give this a shot. Any suggestions for a fourth party member to go with Klee DPS (C0), Sucrose (C6), and Albedo (C0)?

Available Characters:
  • Diona (C0)
  • Venti (C0)
  • Keqing (C0)
  • Fischl (C4)
  • Bennet (C2)
  • Diluc (C0)
  • Xinqiu (C0)
  • Xiangling (C6)
  • Barbara (C4)
  • Noelle (C1)
  • Kaeya (C1)
  • Xinyan (C1)
  • Amber (C1)
  • Beidou (C2)
  • Lisa (C0)
  • Razor (C3)

I'm also open to putting Klee back in her playpen if someone can spot a fun replacement DPS for her.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 2, 2021

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Tenik posted:

Speaking of Albedo and team comps, I just pulled Sucrose's C6 last night, and want to give this a shot. Any suggestions for a fourth party member to go with Klee DPS (C0), Sucrose (C6), and Albedo (C0)?

Available Characters:
  • Diona (C0)
  • Venti (C0)
  • Keqing (C0)
  • Fischl (C4)
  • Bennet (C2)
  • Diluc (C0)
  • Xinqiu (C0)
  • Xiangling (C6)
  • Barbara (C4)
  • Noelle (C1)
  • Kaeya (C1)
  • Xinyan (C1)
  • Amber (C1)
  • Beidou (C2)
  • Lisa (C0)
  • Razor (C3)

You want someone to proc reactions with the EM comp, so Fischl and Xingqiu are good choices. Kaeya, Diona, Lisa, Beidou and Barbara are also potential choices. Or Venti for big swirls with his burst.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tenik posted:

I'm also open to putting Klee back in her playpen if someone can spot a fun replacement DPS for her.

Bennet for healing, fischl if you want more reaction DPS

Oh yeah venti works too, i'm actually gearing up my sucrose for a double anemo team right now

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Also it should be stressed that Albedo's flowers trigger with one of the most satisfying sounds in the game (a crunchy ding!), so I've worked him into most teams where I can just for sonic enjoyment.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I slotted Albedo into my Ning team, but also I haven't had a chance to play around with him much yet, because *points at Dragonspine, then Diluc*

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

I slotted Albedo into my Ning team, but also I haven't had a chance to play around with him much yet, because *points at Dragonspine, then Diluc*

Good news about the abyss

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

As someone who didn’t previously have much for shielding characters, Albedo has helped trivialize a bunch of the artifact domains. He just craps out crystals like crazy, is pretty easy to build, and fits with all of my teams because he just does his thing. I haven’t used him much in Abyss and I’m not sure he’d be great there but he’s been awesome for my everyday team comps.

I wish they’d made geo resonance bust shields instead of what they did with it.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
i imagine Albedo is insane in Abyss right now with the cryo+crystallize buff but i haven't played around with him much

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Are you guys keeping track of the pity timer not doing 10 pills then? Should I not be doing 10 pulls?

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are you guys keeping track of the pity timer not doing 10 pills then? Should I not be doing 10 pulls?

10 pulls are totally fine, but once you get around 70 on the pity timer the odds go way up, so it might be safer to pull one at a time around then.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

If you're above 70 and are only looking to hit pity 5*, doing 1 pulls lets you save some rolls for the next banner.

If you still want 4*s after or what have you, 10 pulling is fine.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
How do I see how many pulls I’m at if I haven’t been counting?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

How do I see how many pulls I’m at if I haven’t been counting?

History tab, counting backwards. Keep in mind it takes a few hours to update sometimes.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Albedo was fine for floor 9 and 10 but in 11 and 12 I felt I needed more damage or utility from a character slot. One thing I noticed is that the enemy compositions on top floors are far less dangerous that the previous abyss and the challenge is even more a dps race than before. 12-1 and 12-2 are such a joke that could even afford going healer free. Like what the hell, a solo ruin guard with no environment effects?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Albedo wasn't dealing enough damage on a floor with +75% geo damage? That's rough...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Albedo wasn't dealing enough damage on a floor with +75% geo damage? That's rough...

The big problem with him is the first half of first two floors is swarm fights

and the damage race floor (12-3) on both sides starts with 2 shield Mitachurls which it's hard for him to get damage through their shields.

The followup fights are a Electro mage + 2 grunts and a pyro agent respectively.

I dealt wit hthe former with venti And some AOE damage

LAtter was a pretty fun keqing overload build with C6 bennet and Xianging fischl

Edit

My teams for my 9 star run were

Klee Diluc Xingqiu Venti

Keqing bennet xiangling fischl

The 2nd team destroyed the shields in like 2 seconds

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 2, 2021

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

AParadox posted:

Albedo was fine for floor 9 and 10 but in 11 and 12 I felt I needed more damage or utility from a character slot. One thing I noticed is that the enemy compositions on top floors are far less dangerous that the previous abyss and the challenge is even more a dps race than before. 12-1 and 12-2 are such a joke that could even afford going healer free. Like what the hell, a solo ruin guard with no environment effects?

Yeah I don't think I used my healer once in my first runthrough of floor 12, all the enemies are so low threat. I couldn't 3-star the last part so ended up going 8/9, 35/36 stars overall, one of my teams wasn't very good about breaking those geo shields so it took too long. I was liking Albedo though, his flowers were popping for around 12-13k each.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

vandiar posted:

Yeah I don't think I used my healer once in my first runthrough of floor 12, all the enemies are so low threat. I couldn't 3-star the last part so ended up going 8/9, 35/36 stars overall, one of my teams wasn't very good about breaking those geo shields so it took too long. I was liking Albedo though, his flowers were popping for around 12-13k each.

What are you running for artifact main stats on him?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think I've pulled more off-banner 5*s than on-banner ones at this point. Jean, then Venti. Mona (on the Klee banner) then Zhongli. And now Keqing on the Albedo banner. Don't think I'll be able to pull him, so it's cocogoat for me.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Tsyni posted:

History tab, counting backwards. Keep in mind it takes a few hours to update sometimes.

Thanks. I guess I’m around 50 for the limited time banner and ~65 for the permanent.

Should I buy Fischl’s C1 with star glitter? I remember hearing how she was good and all but I’ve been dumping all my exp and artifacts into Klee and Qiqi so I haven’t really used anyone else. Here’s my team with constellation levels in red fwiw:

What sucks about resources being scarce (not just character stuff, but weapons and artifacts too) is that I don’t really have anything to spare to build up these random characters to a level that they’re actually useful.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Tsyni posted:

What are you running for artifact main stats on him?

Def% sands, critdmg% hat, with the 3 star Harbinger sword.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

Thanks. I guess I’m around 50 for the limited time banner and ~65 for the permanent.

Should I buy Fischl’s C1 with star glitter? I remember hearing how she was good and all but I’ve been dumping all my exp and artifacts into Klee and Qiqi so I haven’t really used anyone else. Here’s my team with constellation levels in red fwiw:

What sucks about resources being scarce (not just character stuff, but weapons and artifacts too) is that I don’t really have anything to spare to build up these random characters to a level that they’re actually useful.

Do you have sacrificial sword? Xingqiu pairs up really well with Klee if you can get his energy generation going from that. His water swords hit before Klee's attacks so she is the one proccing vaporizing with her beefy firestorms. Fischl's C1 isn't very useful unless you're auto-attacking with her. If you pull a bunch of constellations on the banner and are getting close to C6 I'd say it would be worth it.

Klee - QiQi - Xingqiu (if you have sac sword) - Sucrose (with Viridescent Venerer) is a great team.

edit: Bennett is obviously OP as well, if you wanted to get rid of Qiqi, but having ice can be nice to have an answer to most encounters.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Boris Galerkin posted:

Are you going to pull any more on Albedo's banner? If you want Fischl c1 you will probably get it if you are going to spend any more on the banner. If you do spend and don't get it, you can always buy her off the shop at the end of the month.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Lechtansi posted:

Are you going to pull any more on Albedo's banner? If you want Fischl c1 you will probably get it if you are going to spend any more on the banner. If you do spend and don't get it, you can always buy her off the shop at the end of the month.

I was planning to if I can find about 500 more gems.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

her C1 only matters if you bowspam with her, so use that as a metric to decide whether it's worthwhile.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Tsyni posted:

Do you have sacrificial sword? Xingqiu pairs up really well with Klee if you can get his energy generation going from that. His water swords hit before Klee's attacks so she is the one proccing vaporizing with her beefy firestorms. Fischl's C1 isn't very useful unless you're auto-attacking with her. If you pull a bunch of constellations on the banner and are getting close to C6 I'd say it would be worth it.

Klee - QiQi - Xingqiu (if you have sac sword) - Sucrose (with Viridescent Venerer) is a great team.

edit: Bennett is obviously OP as well, if you wanted to get rid of Qiqi, but having ice can be nice to have an answer to most encounters.

I have that sword at lvl 40. Qiqi was using it but my Festering Desire is fully refined and lvl 60 so I switched it. I don’t have a Viridescent Venerer. My catalysts are Widsith (Klee), Sacrificial Fragments, and Eye of Perception, and all the 3* books with max refinement.

E: thanks I’ll skip Fischl’s C1 then. I think it’s just that I read somewhere she’s not useful until you get her C1 at minimum.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

I have that sword at lvl 40. Qiqi was using it but my Festering Desire is fully refined and lvl 60 so I switched it. I don’t have a Viridescent Venerer. My catalysts are Widsith (Klee), Sacrificial Fragments, and Eye of Perception.

VV is an artifact set that reduces elemental resistant for swirled elements on an enemy by 40%. So it slaps. You toss out Klee's E, or a regular attack, switch to Sucrose to hit her E/Q and then go to town. Sac Fragments is best catalyst for Sucrose. But yeah, you have the ingredients to make those chars work. Don't get me wrong, if you like using Fischl then use her. She's decent and will hit lots of overloads with Klee. C1 of hers isn't going to help her as a support dps though. I would just take Xingqiu over her, especially since you have sac sword.